Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Stephen Nichols' Short Film "I See" Now Streaming
Topic Started: Feb 13 2014, 01:01 AM (510 Views)
Hilary
Member Avatar

Has anyone seen the new short film directed by Stephen Nichols and written by LR Gordon, "I See?" It stars Julie Pinson and Ptolemy Slocum. You can view it free at the I SEE website at www.iseethemovie.com. I really enjoyed it! It's only about 17 minutes long, and the pace really moves. Julie Pinson is so watchable as the put-upon wife of the nutjob conspiracy theorist. Or is he nutty after all?

The direction is really tight and crisp, the production values are shockingly high, frankly, and I really enjoyed the tone as set by the shots and editing. The sound editing and music are also fantastic for this. Take a look, would love to discuss.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bygnedys

It was very good. I knew it would have good music. I liked the opening scene.

It cut out in the start and I had to keep pausing and push play again a few times, but it finally stayed on.

The actor was ok, but it got better at end and Julie P. kept it going.

I knew when she opened the door something would happen.

I like that it involved Stephen's family, after all it was their production company that produced it. Lisa, Aaron, and Dylan involved in production.
Edited by bygnedys, Feb 14 2014, 11:05 AM.

Hilary
Member Avatar

I didn't see Dylan in the credits, I must have missed that! But yes, it was nice that his family was involved.

Ya know, the only shot I thought was kind of indulgent was the one of Julie thru Ptolemy's arm. Other than that, I thought the direction made total sense. It was a really clever story, and I agree that Julie kept the energy high on this. Ptolemy was nothing to sneeze at, I thought he was fantastic, especially his manic string of insanity when the two come to the door at the end, but Julie just HAD IT. She was really fantastic.

Kit-kat
Member Avatar

I liked it! Wasn't sure where it was going and it kept me guessing! I liked that we really don't know who those two guys at the door were. We have to come to our own conclusion on that. I thought it was very well put together and well acted! Kudos to the Nichols clan and the actors and crew!

bygnedys

The arm thing through me, I was trying to figure out if that was suppose to mean something.

I hope he does more short films, but I want him back on one of the soaps too.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply