Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Countdown: Top 10 Love Scenes!
Topic Started: Feb 13 2014, 07:37 PM (3,610 Views)
freedom

I am happy that u said John and Marlena's plane scene won by a "landslide". No other way to spin that but tremendous popularity, lol.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kimba73
Member Avatar

I think this is a really great list! It is a nice representation of the old and the new. The choices seem to reflect the long time viewer's and the more recent viewer's favorites! Wonderful job!! :thanks:

Aliaron
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Feb 13 2014, 07:52 PM
Nice work! Even though I'm not a Jarlena fan, I think their plane scene is a great number one. And with JS having 3 of the 10 with three different women, I think it's safe to say that JS knows how to work a love scene, lol.
It's just show that there are a lot of JS fans on this board.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Nicole Walker
Feb 13 2014, 08:47 PM
I don't know how to describe. She said John what are we doing and then she tried to get up and he just pushed her back down. Loved it!
Oh THAT! :D

Maggie28wubsEj
Member Avatar

Go Ej! Good list. Glad my jack and Jen of old ranked so high. :)

lysie
Member Avatar

Of the 90 scenes nominated, 22 included Drake (most as John but 2 as Roman), 19 included Deidre, 14 included Ali, 10 included James, and 9 included Bryan. Drake had the most variety in scene partners with 5, and Ali was close with 4. James and Bryan each had 3. EJ had two (of 5) sexual partners on the show who weren't nominated with him (though, if I'd been thinking, I'd have nominated one of them, lol) and Ali had 2 (of 6) sexual partners not nominated with her. Of Deidre's 19 included scenes, only one of them wasn't with Drake.

I got out of class early tonight...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hannah Scorpio
Member Avatar

Yay about Philip and Belle! I always forget how popular they got towards the end of their run. I'm still upset about the decision to fire Martha when she was on top of her game with JKJ. It's weird because I loved Original Shelle, hated Phelle with Kyle Brandt, but absolutely adored (JKJ) Philip and Belle (MM). That's saying something since I was a big Philip and Chloe fan too.
Edited by Hannah Scorpio, Feb 14 2014, 07:25 AM.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Love the list! Thrilled to see Bope's love scene at Oak Alley made the list- even at #10!! :D

Hope: How about that dress you tore off me?
Bo: Tore off? It took forever to get that sucker off you.

Dialogue from 1990's Cruise of Deception.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

This list is almost NEAR perfect....the DR has amazing taste!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

IMO - no way does EJABBY or J&M Titan affair deserve to be placed higher than J&J during COD....switch J&J with EJABBY, then put J&M at Titan in 3rd, EJABBY in 4th...and this list would be perfect for me.

freedom

Hannah Scorpio
Feb 14 2014, 06:58 AM
Yay about Philip and Belle! I always forget how popular they got towards the end of their run. I'm still upset about the decision to fire Martha when she was on top of her game with JKJ. It's weird because I loved Original Shelle, hated Phelle with Kyle Brandt, but absolutely adored (JKJ) Philip and Belle (MM). That's saying something since I was a big Philip and Chloe fan too.
That's when they should have gone with them chemistry of the actors instead of a predetermined idea that Belle belonged with Shawn simply because "that's how it's always been".

Imagine if the writers had stuck with Roman&Marlena just because "that's how its always been" instead of going forward with the popularity of John&Marlens that overwhelmed the audience??

They missed the boat with not going forward with Phelle long-term

Will&Sonny

I just realized that I never thanked the DR staff for compiling this list, so... :thanks:

While I personally believe that referring to some of these sex scenes as "love scenes" cheapens and disrespects the importance of true love scenes, I respect that this is a democratic process and that I've clearly been outvoted. :lol: It's still always fun to see the results, and I'm glad that Will and Sonny made it into the top ten.*

(*Although it does irk me that they're so far behind E.J. and Abby.)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply