Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, February 14th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 14 2014, 12:33 AM (10,285 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Melissa looks less than impressed in that picture. lol.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sable Colby
Member Avatar
Thanks Supergirl for the avi.

I miss John Clarke as Mickey Horton. I haven't seen much of his earlier work on Days. By the time I started watching in '92/'93 he had basically been relegated to being the town's attorney, but he always had a calming presence. If Mickey was there everything was going to work out fine.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I freaking loved Pete & Melissa (aka Bo & Hope Jr.). Neither Michael Leon nor Lisa Trusel were the most dynamic of actors, but they each had a really nice screen presence. Trusel, especially, just FIT imo and had such an endearing sweetness of character. I was just remarking the other day that Camila Banus' Gabi really reminds me a great deal of Trusel's Melissa in voice and mannerism.

Meanwhile, I'm always slightly amused that Mickey & Maggie's rather rushed trip back to the altar with Pete & Melissa happened immediately after Maggie nearly shot Mickey thinking he was an intruder (they weren't living together at the time due to their divorce and she was still recovering & dealing with the aftermath of her rape).
Edited by Matt, Feb 14 2014, 01:54 AM.

Jetasmom

I remember the wedding and still confused why they had to make it a double wedding. Not sure why Melissa isn't smiling....Can't remember back that far but they all look handsome.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Can someone remember why Melissa wasn't happy marrying Pete?

:)

Renaissance Girl

Just off topic but I just read on CNN that the Waltons' Ralph Waites just died yesterday. I read that he was not only on NCIS as Gibbs's dad but he was also on Days Of Our Lives in the last year or so. Does anybody know what role he played on this show?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Renaissance Girl
Feb 14 2014, 06:38 AM
Just off topic but I just read on CNN that the Waltons' Ralph Waites just died yesterday. I read that he was not only on NCIS as Gibbs's dad but he was also on Days Of Our Lives in the last year or so. Does anybody know what role he played on this show?
Father Matt.there is thread about it

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

lol this thread title says december 14th :D

salempc
Member Avatar

Michael Leon was the first Days star I ever met in person. He came up here for a PA in the mid 80's.
I know the show wanted me to like Pete and Melissa, but I found them boring. I rooted for her to cheat with Lars and for him to cheat with Ivy.

lysie
Member Avatar

Oak Alley
Feb 14 2014, 07:59 AM
lol this thread title says december 14th :D
I don't even know...

LuLu2102

Pete and Melissa were my first favorite couple on Days. I started watching right in the middle of their love story. I had an enormous crush on Pete. I miss The Body Connection.

Kaha
Member Avatar

Nick to Gabi:
Roses are red
violets are blue
iíve got pictures
so you're mine.

WilSon
Member Avatar

WilSon today! I Cant wait!!!!!

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Hope is telling Daniel and Eric that Homeland Security is tracking Chyka. Okay, why does Homeland Security care about Chyka? He's not a terrorist, just a plain old criminal.

Will is talking to himself while making everything all nice. He says something about something being delivered.

Sonny gets a gift delivered at the club. It's a scrapbook Will made. Also, notable is that Sonny has an employee named Terry who seems to ship Wilson.

JJ and Abigail getting ready for court. Abigail is wearing the same pink concoction she wore for cupcake baking.

Theresa and Brady. Brady says "I know what you're doing"

Oh lord, Daniel has a plan to get Chkya. Remember, he is waaaaaay better than Homeland Security and Hope.

Aiden is of course, JJ's lawyer.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Shane and Kim are rich, but the show continues to forget that and make Theresa pout about having no money. Jenn Liley has moved on from her Shirley Temple 1935 hair to Farrah Fawcett 1977 hair.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Daniel rambles about Chkya. Flashback to Nicole discovering evidence. She's still not talking.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Sonny arrives home to a candlelit apartment. Will is wearing the shirt Sonny gave him for Christmas. They kiss.

The store owner that JJ was shoplifting sent a letter saying JJ should not get off scott free but should do community service. Jennifer wants to know from Aiden if JJ will go to prison.

Maggie and Victor are celebrating Valentine's Day but Maggie is going to JJ's hearing. Victor is going to meet with Brady. Maggie wants Victor to ask Brady to go to rehab, because that will work.

Brady says "see you around" to Theresa. There's some talk about him not secretly drinking.

Hope laments that lack of evidence to clear Eric. Nicole grabs the files. Daniel says to Hope Nicole should not go to jail for the vigilante stuff because her heart was in the right place.

Nicole is in the other room with the files and flashing back to Eric's declaration of love. She talks to herself about the files changing everything.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Sonny is happy with his scrapbook, but fears his gift will not live up to the scrapbook. Will opens it. It's a copy E.M. Forster's Maurice. Sonny talks about the history of the book and how it used to be illegal to be gay and they say they are lucky.

Will says he forgot a page on the scrapbook. He gives it to Sonny and it's "February 14, 2014, the day Will wised up and said 'yes' to Sonny'"

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Eric is telling Daniel how much Daniel's awesomeness means to him. It's apparently part of God's plan.

Nicole interrupts ...she tells Eric she needs to talk to him about something important.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply