Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Abigail can't let EJ go
Topic Started: Feb 14 2014, 05:46 AM (15,895 Views)
Ellie

This week's issue of Soap Opera Digest features an article about Abigail and EJ.

Abigail tells Sami that she and EJ have a secret together. Kate Mansi explains that things are confusing for Abigail, since the moments she has with EJ seem very real and mean a lot to her. However, EJ is giving mixed messages, since Abigail can see that EJ's family and Sami are what's important to EJ. Mansi also says that while Sami is "self-consumed", EJ can see that Abigail will give herself to him.

Mansi continues, "I don't think people give enough credit to chemistry. It is really a big, important issue when you are in a situation like the one Abigail and EJ are experiencing."

By the end of the week, Abigail does something to hold on to EJ, and according to SOD, "sparks fly"...

Pick up the latest Digest for many more details!

Offline Profile Goto Top

Hannah Scorpio
Member Avatar

I'm guessing the sparks fly thing is where this picture comes in https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/433788218329546753/WLaw8R_x.jpeg

I originally thought it was BTS of the shower scene, but Abby is wearing a different dress.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

I think it's the same dress. Abby had on a coat when she entered the locker room. But when she took it off, she was wearing the same dress as the one in the picture you posted.
Edited by badaddiction, Feb 14 2014, 07:28 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Considering that Abby saw Sami changing men like she changed her underwear- making out in public with all three of them literally days apart, and treating her uncle like shit, so devotion and being the father of her children is meaningless to Sami, with Abby babysitting so Sami could go out with them,

example: Chad told EJ Sami and Rafe were so heavily and publicly making out at the wedding everyone thought they were going to get married again, the very next day she was with EJ.

And EJ is always getting engaged. She's seen first hand in the shower, cabin, supply closet his devotion to Sami :blulaugh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Vicky4Mimi

TreasureCove
Feb 14 2014, 07:32 AM
Considering that Abby saw Sami changing men like she changed her underwear- making out in public with all three of them literally days apart, and treating her uncle like shit, so devotion and being the father of her children is meaningless to Sami, with Abby babysitting so Sami could go out with them,

example: Chad told EJ Sami and Rafe were so heavily and publicly making out at the wedding everyone thought they were going to get married again, the very next day she was with EJ.

And EJ is always getting engaged. She's seen first hand in the shower, cabin, supply closet his devotion to Sami :blulaugh:
Your post is so much truth! Love it!

I have seen some post around saying that Abby should respect Sami enough to not go after EJ. Really? Sami has it coming to her for the way she treated Lucas, if nothing else! He was so good to her...and I think Sami still has the bracelet that belonged to Abby's Great Grandmother that he gave her. Grrr. I won't even get started on what she did to Rafe--but yeah, Sami has this coming to her and so much more!

I'm excited to see what all EJ and Abby get in to next week. I don't plan to miss a minute of it!

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

salempc
Member Avatar

Abby don't worry about EJ's devotion to the kids. Johnny's already rooting for a mommy upgrade and I'm sure Sydney can be won over with a few cupcakes too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

Why does KM feel the need again to speak to viewer opinion? We are not giving enough credit to chemistry?

I can appreciate chemistry. It's why I remained an EJami fan for years when the writing told me not to be. If this story had come about without EJ's story of the past 7 years or Abby's story of the past couple of years, my perception may be different. I saw it so it's not. It has nothing to do with chemistry because the chemistry isn't enough for me to override the WTF'ery of it all.

Kate honey, please just comment on the story and leave the viewers opinions on it to the viewers. If you are forced to answer a question about viewer opinion, please give a PC answer. See many of your fellow co-stars for how to tread. Seriously, catch a clue.
Online Profile Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Wherever this is going, I'm here for it.

And I agree with KM, EJ is sending Abby mixed signals. There's a way of being direct without being cruel. He had ample opportunity on Wednesday to tell her in no uncertain terms that it's over and there is no future for them, even if there were no Sami.

IMO, the writers are being deliberately vague. The audience is left to interpret EJ's thoughts and feelings. It's as if the writers don't want to box themselves into a corner.

At this point, I'm not ready to say Abby is becoming obsessed with or nuisance to EJ.
Offline Profile Goto Top

monicasblueangel
Member Avatar

Oh I can not wait. I knew that
Ej telling Abby to move on would be
like a five minute thing. I can not wait
to watch! Ej's obsession with Sami
finally be over. Sami doesnt care about
Ej, just what she can get from Ej to
help clean up her messes.
Offline Profile Goto Top

peaches179

badaddiction
Feb 14 2014, 08:19 AM
IMO, the writers are being deliberately vague. The audience is left to interpret EJ's thoughts and feelings. It's as if the writers don't want to box themselves into a corner.

Exactly. I have a feeling this story is going to have a lot of twists and turns. LOL.
Edited by peaches179, Feb 14 2014, 08:30 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

spartan
Feb 14 2014, 08:15 AM
Why does KM feel the need again to speak to viewer opinion? We are not giving enough credit to chemistry?

I can appreciate chemistry. It's why I remained an EJami fan for years when the writing told me not to be. If this story had come about without EJ's story of the past 7 years or Abby's story of the past couple of years, my perception may be different. I saw it so it's not. It has nothing to do with chemistry because the chemistry isn't enough for me to override the WTF'ery of it all.

Kate honey, please just comment on the story and leave the viewers opinions on it to the viewers. If you are forced to answer a question about viewer opinion, please give a PC answer. See many of your fellow co-stars for how to tread. Seriously, catch a clue.
i think she is commenting on the story. I don't think she meant the chemistry between her and James, but the "actual" chemistry between EJ & Abby. It more sounded to me she was saying that for people in EJ & Abby's situation, chemistry matters for them when deciding to further the affair or not.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

blueskies
Feb 14 2014, 08:24 AM
spartan

i think she is commenting on the story. I don't think she meant the chemistry between her and James, but the "actual" chemistry between EJ & Abby. It more sounded to me she was saying that for people in EJ & Abby's situation, chemistry matters for them when deciding to further the affair or not.
That is exactly how I interpreted it too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

salem_viewer
Member Avatar

Interesting wording, ......she does something to try and hold into him, and sparks fly.

Does she threaten to tell Sami or drop her pants...

Offline Profile Goto Top

mbdimera
Member Avatar

KM's interviews lately leave me scratching my head most of the time.

Is a side piece "giving herself to a man completely" supposed to be an admirable thing?
Offline Profile Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

MissLola
Feb 14 2014, 08:29 AM
blueskies
spartan

LOL. Okay. I'm glad if that's the case. :)
Online Profile Goto Top

salem_viewer
Member Avatar

salempc
Feb 14 2014, 08:11 AM
Abby don't worry about EJ's devotion to the kids. Johnny's already rooting for a mommy upgrade and I'm sure Sydney can be won over with a few cupcakes too.
Johnny also said "she's not my mommy" referring to Abby.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LOL at Abby being confused about EJ having sex with her even though she can see that Sami/his kids are who EJ really cares about. Cuz no man has ever had sex with another woman while still being in love with his wife.
Online Profile Goto Top

Vicky4Mimi

I think Kate did a good job explaining how it is. I guess we get EJ's opinion each and every time he relives his times with Abby in his daydreams...The man is smitten is all I see!
Offline Profile Goto Top

salem_viewer
Member Avatar

MissLola
Feb 14 2014, 08:29 AM
blueskies
spartan

Sounded pretty trampy to me.....bad justification for cheating.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic