Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Abigail can't let EJ go
Topic Started: Feb 14 2014, 05:46 AM (15,880 Views)
Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

spartan
Feb 14 2014, 08:15 AM
Why does KM feel the need again to speak to viewer opinion? We are not giving enough credit to chemistry?

I can appreciate chemistry. It's why I remained an EJami fan for years when the writing told me not to be. If this story had come about without EJ's story of the past 7 years or Abby's story of the past couple of years, my perception may be different. I saw it so it's not. It has nothing to do with chemistry because the chemistry isn't enough for me to override the WTF'ery of it all.

Kate honey, please just comment on the story and leave the viewers opinions on it to the viewers. If you are forced to answer a question about viewer opinion, please give a PC answer. See many of your fellow co-stars for how to tread. Seriously, catch a clue.
That what happen when Kate working with James Scott she learn from his way to answer interviews
Edited by Partnersincrime, Feb 14 2014, 08:44 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I'm so staying out of this one.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

I have come to a conclusion that KM is far too inexperienced to give interviews, she is coming across like she'll have no clue. Days PR people should give her some lessons how to talk about the story, etc. just saying :) Now to the character Abby she is pathetic she knows that EJ wants Sami and his family, yet she can not let go, it says quite a lot about Abby that she lacks common sense and is very naive.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

Where the persistent idea that EJ is constantly cleaning Sami's mess comes from?

Granted I haven't been watching the show that long, but when I started watching, Sami was the one helping EJ prove his innocence (when he was accused of Stefano's murder). EJ tried to help Sami with the Bernardi case (we all know he actually complicated it), and now he inserted himself into the Coven's cover up story but let's face it, he only complicated things for her and the coven. If anything, Rafe is the one who was famous for cleaning up Sami's messes and for helping her regain her daughter.
Offline Profile Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Feb 14 2014, 08:52 AM

Posted Image
How dare you paraphrase Sweety's immortal words of "Ain't nobody got time for that!" LOL

But, I agree.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Kaha
Feb 14 2014, 08:55 AM
Where the persistent idea that EJ is constantly cleaning Sami's mess comes from?

Granted I haven't been watching the show that long, but when I started watching, Sami was the one helping EJ prove his innocence (when he was accused of Stefano's murder). EJ tried to help Sami with the Bernardi case (we all know he actually complicated it), and now he inserted himself into the Coven's cover up story but let's face it, he only complicated things for her and the coven. If anything, Rafe is the one who was famous for cleaning up Sami's messes and for helping her regain her daughter.
Since now it only time ej and Sami are in relationship it kinda semi true ej trying to clean Sami mess but the trurth is ej fault Sami in mess.he continue his take over father company after Sami was accused in breandi murder and destroy the video Sami fight with breandi with telling Sami first and put money in account of breandi son while telling Sami not telling about Stefano.with Will mess Stefano end up have dirt on will and will only got his kid back because Nick gave up.with Nick recent mess he gone after it despite Sami did not want to telling anything he sent people to clean the area which problay loyal to father which mean Stefano have dirt and pretty much alert Abby something fishy going on.the best way described ej and Sami it more toxic version of Gabi and Nick
Offline Profile Goto Top

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Feb 14 2014, 08:40 AM
I think Kate did a good job explaining how it is. I guess we get EJ's opinion each and every time he relives his times with Abby in his daydreams...The man is smitten is all I see!
Except he only flashes when Abby is mentioned. Meanwhile, Abby is barely functioning (ie. the check thing) she's having flashbacks so often.

And of course, Sami remains self-absorbed...probably running EJ's business is a large part of that as we have seen lately.

And for me, chemistry has more to do with having & developing a relationship, not just having sex with someone willing to take off her clothes every time she is near you. The only time EJ has initiated contact with Abby outside of the Nick situation has been to return the Archangel Raphael's wing pendant on Chad's behalf.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

salem_viewer
Feb 14 2014, 08:36 AM
salempc
Feb 14 2014, 08:11 AM
Abby don't worry about EJ's devotion to the kids. Johnny's already rooting for a mommy upgrade and I'm sure Sydney can be won over with a few cupcakes too.
Johnny also said "she's not my mommy" referring to Abby.
Johnny also call rafe daddy.he quite cable to call in future Abby mommy
Offline Profile Goto Top

freedom

daysjahvu
Feb 14 2014, 09:24 AM
Vicky4Mimi
Feb 14 2014, 08:40 AM
I think Kate did a good job explaining how it is. I guess we get EJ's opinion each and every time he relives his times with Abby in his daydreams...The man is smitten is all I see!
Except he only flashes when Abby is mentioned. Meanwhile, Abby is barely functioning (ie. the check thing) she's having flashbacks so often.

And of course, Sami remains self-absorbed...probably running EJ's business is a large part of that as we have seen lately.

And for me, chemistry has more to do with having & developing a relationship, not just having sex with someone willing to take off her clothes every time she is near you. The only time EJ has initiated contact with Abby outside of the Nick situation has been to return the Archangel Raphael's wing pendant on Chad's behalf.
EJ initiated contact in the supply closet!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

KateDiMera
Member Avatar

Quote:

"I don't think people give enough credit to chemistry. It is really a big, important issue when you are in a situation like [this]."

Does this statement make sense? I've read it four times and it's unclear. Furthermore, I can't decide if that lack of clarity is attributable to KM having to remain intentionally vague about things or KM honestly not knowing what her character is supposed to be thinking/feeling/motivated by in this weird storyline. I'm leaning towards the latter.
Online Profile Goto Top

freedom

KateDiMera
Feb 14 2014, 09:42 AM
Quote:

"I don't think people give enough credit to chemistry. It is really a big, important issue when you are in a situation like [this]."

Does this statement make sense? I've read it four times and it's unclear. Furthermore, I can't decide if that lack of clarity is attributable to KM having to remain intentionally vague about things or KM honestly not knowing what her character is supposed to be thinking/feeling/motivated by in this weird storyline. I'm leaning towards the latter.
She's saying the chemistry Abby feels with EJ is propelling Abby forward
Offline Profile Goto Top

salem_viewer
Member Avatar

KateDiMera
Quote:

"I don't think people give enough credit to chemistry. It is really a big, important issuIie when you are in a situation like [this]."

She is justifying the cheating by the idea that their chemistry together trumps everything else. They just can't control themselves.

I interpreted this as Kate thinks this is a positive thing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ArnoldFinnegan
Member Avatar

I just don't really understand why Abby would even like EJ. Aside from how he looks.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mouse Mom

spartan
Feb 14 2014, 08:15 AM
Why does KM feel the need again to speak to viewer opinion? We are not giving enough credit to chemistry?

I can appreciate chemistry. It's why I remained an EJami fan for years when the writing told me not to be. If this story had come about without EJ's story of the past 7 years or Abby's story of the past couple of years, my perception may be different. I saw it so it's not. It has nothing to do with chemistry because the chemistry isn't enough for me to override the WTF'ery of it all.

Kate honey, please just comment on the story and leave the viewers opinions on it to the viewers. If you are forced to answer a question about viewer opinion, please give a PC answer. See many of your fellow co-stars for how to tread. Seriously, catch a clue.
I think KM has the right to say what she did. Okay, maybe YOU don't have a problem seeing the chemistry but I think some do. And let's face it, in real life, the only way that situation would happen is if there was a lot of chemistry and on the show, those two characters and those two actors (in a professional way) have tons of chemistry. Don't see why what she said should be so offensive. But, of course you have a right to feel however you do also. I feel bad for some of the actors because sometimes whatever they say is going to be taken the wrong way by someone. Would you rather they not give interviews at all? Not me, I like seeing what they have to say and if I don't agree, well that's okay, as a friend of mine likes to say, the forest is full of all kinds of trees, you don't have to like them all.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mouse Mom

ArnoldFinnegan
Feb 14 2014, 09:52 AM
I just don't really understand why Abby would even like EJ. Aside from how he looks.
That is where the idea it is chemistry comes in, sometimes people are drawn to each other and there isn't a logical reason for it all. That is called chemistry. And then well, the heart wants what the heart wants even if there is no logic involved.
Look up the word chemistry: One definition is: the complex emotional or psychological interaction between two people.
Let's use it in a sentence: EJ and Abby's affair was triggered by intense sexual chemistry.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

freedom
Feb 14 2014, 09:45 AM
KateDiMera
Quote:

She's saying the chemistry Abby feels with EJ is propelling Abby forward
Yeah, I agree - she's saying Abby feels this intense chemistry/sexual attraction between her and EJ and thinks that's being undervalued by "people." In this case, I'm guessing the "people" she is talking about are Sami and EJ. That is, Abby doesn't get why the sexual attraction between her and EJ isn't trumping the love EJ has for Sami and his family. It's obviously a very na´ve thing to think, but since Abby's 22, it makes some sense IMO.
Online Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

badaddiction
Feb 14 2014, 09:01 AM
ladyofthelake
Feb 14 2014, 08:52 AM

Posted Image
How dare you paraphrase Sweety's immortal words of "Ain't nobody got time for that!" LOL

But, I agree.
I found this. I didn't make this one. But, I thought, since it was about EJ, it needed a touch of Brit. :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Kaha
Feb 14 2014, 08:55 AM

That idea comes from the writers decision to pretend that this plot point makes sense.

And LOL at Abby thinking EJ is supposed to see that she can commit herself to him, when she refused to choose between Cam and Chad and threw herself at Austin while she was still with Chad.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hannah Scorpio
Member Avatar

I don't understand the big taboo against cheating characters in soap. Y&R became the number 1 show in daytime in 1988 because of two cheating spouse stories (Victor cheating on Nikki with Ashley, Brad cheating on Traci with Lauren). It's a soap stable. DAYS biggest love story John and Marlena was created from cheating. I'm not saying that EJabby are a great love story, It's a great way to cause drama. Sami will find out about EJabby, she'll target Abby. The Hortons learn about Sami's attempted murder of Nick. Lucas will be smack down in the middle. I find EJabby hot, but I like them way better for the months of story it's going to cause almost all the characters on canvas.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

KateDiMera
Quote:

Since she is talking about the characters in this article, and trying to come up with a way to rationally justify how Abby is feeling in this situation, I took it to mean that when rationalizing the situation even slightly the chemistry the characters share needs to be considered. In other words....would the affair continue if there wasn't any of that hot chemistry. When they are in the same room their attraction (i.e. chemistry) takes over and they are powerless. She doesn't talk at all about JS and her, or anything...she's talking about the characters and that is how I took it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic