Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of Feb 17
Topic Started: Feb 16 2014, 09:26 PM (17,996 Views)
spartan
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Feb 22 2014, 08:58 PM
Supergirlx2
Feb 22 2014, 08:44 PM
Halloween Family
Feb 22 2014, 07:42 PM
Supergirlx2
Feb 22 2014, 07:08 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Like a fuck buddy? Go Hope!
Ummmm... no... It was more like "i just got an email from my husband saying he doesn't love me any more, wants Billie, and wants to divorce me and i just saw him in bed with Billie on my way out of town because i needed to get away after my son died and i learned that it was my step-daughter that was driving and that my husband knew. oh, and Patrick just so happens to be here on the same island at staying at the same hotel, and he's being really nice and supportive (and kinda manipulative)" sex.
She only slept with him ONCE. And she admits that she would never have had she not been deceived by Billie (who had learned from Chelsea that Hope was headed to the hotel & decided to jump into bed next to Bo & make Hope think they had slept together) & Chelsea (who managed to intercept Bo's "i love you, Hope. Please forgive me" email and change it to an "i love Billie. i want a divorce" email).
A one time fuck buddy.
Hatrick were hawt.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BoBradyFan

jam6242
Feb 22 2014, 03:22 PM
Anyone know what this is about?

Howie Tiger Simon @WestHowiewood

Farewell brunch for Kelly Moneymaker and Peter Reckell, Nashville bound! at The Cork Lounge http://fb.me/12fYSrYRy
https://twitter.com/WestHowiewood/status/437309219180515328
Well if it's what I think, according to Kelly's last newsletter that I received she mentioned that her show in January in LA was probably her last live show there because they were relocating to Nashville. I didn't fully understand what that might have entailed but I guess hearing this that they are moving to Nashville for Kelly to more actively pursue her music career. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysofold

BoBradyFan
Feb 22 2014, 10:19 PM
jam6242

Farewell brunch for Kelly Moneymaker and Peter Reckell, Nashville bound! at The Cork Lounge http://fb.me/12fYSrYRy
Well if it's what I think, according to Kelly's last newsletter that I received she mentioned that her show in January in LA was probably her last live show there because they were relocating to Nashville. I didn't fully understand what that might have entailed but I guess hearing this that they are moving to Nashville for Kelly to more actively pursue her music career. :shrug:
Now this seems final. I wish Peter and Kelly well but it's the end of Bope for good, IMO. It makes me sad. I've been a Bope fan for more than 30 years and Days will never be the same for me again.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Daysofold
Feb 23 2014, 12:07 AM
BoBradyFan
jam6242

Now this seems final. I wish Peter and Kelly well but it's the end of Bope for good, IMO. It makes me sad. I've been a Bope fan for more than 30 years and Days will never be the same for me again.
I don't think that Peter & Kelly are making a permanent move. At least that's the impression I'm getting.
Why does Peter moving make it any more final than it has been for the last year?! Bope was essentially over the minute Peter's final scene was over. Yes, there was hope he would reconsider & return, but the more time that passed, the less likely that became.
I don't think that there's absolutely no possibility that Bope will ever be together again, but it's not gonna happen any time soon. Maybe when the show ends, or maybe they'll surprise us and Peter will agree to return for next year's 50th Anniversary.
Offline Profile Goto Top

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Feb 23 2014, 12:47 AM
Daysofold
Feb 23 2014, 12:07 AM
BoBradyFan
jam6242

I don't think that Peter & Kelly are making a permanent move. At least that's the impression I'm getting.
Why does Peter moving make it any more final than it has been for the last year?! Bope was essentially over the minute Peter's final scene was over. Yes, there was hope he would reconsider & return, but the more time that passed, the less likely that became.
I don't think that there's absolutely no possibility that Bope will ever be together again, but it's not gonna happen any time soon. Maybe when the show ends, or maybe they'll surprise us and Peter will agree to return for next year's 50th Anniversary.
Doesn't Missy Reeves live near Nashville as well? She's jetting back & forth, so I don't think the move makes anything more permanent than it already seems to be.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Feb 22 2014, 01:07 AM
I couldn't pick anyone outside of Lorraine Broderick out of a lineup, including Whitesell.
Jason47 to the rescue!! :)

Posted Image

The "Days of Our Lives" writing team poses after winning the Writers Guild Award for best daytime drama earlier this month. Pictured (from left to right): Rick Draughon, Lorraine Broderick, Christopher Whitesell, Ryan Quan, writers' assistant Julia Layton, Christopher Dunn, writers' assistant Tyler Topits, Dave Ryan. David Cherrill and Melissa Salmons accepted their awards at the New York ceremony. Winners not pictured are Carolyn Culliton, Richard Culliton and Janet Iacobuzio. Also not pictured is David A. Levinson, who left the show in early 2013.

Posted Image

David Cherrill and Melissa Salmons, who live on the East Coast, accepted their awards at the WGA ceremony in New York City.

And, for those wondering about what the other winners look like...

Richard & Carolyn Culliton
Posted Image

Janet Iacobuzio
Posted Image

David Levinson (who left the show in early 2013)
Posted Image
Edited by Jason47, Feb 23 2014, 02:28 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

Thanks Jason!! It's soooo cool to see what the Queen Melissa Salmons looks like. She's, by far, my favorite script writer. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

KateDiMera
Member Avatar

Jason47
Feb 23 2014, 02:09 AM
DiMeraFan67
I couldn't pick anyone outside of Lorraine Broderick out of a lineup, including Whitesell.

Posted Image

The "Days of Our Lives" writing team poses after winning the Writers Guild Award for best daytime drama earlier this month. Pictured (from left to right): Rick Draughon, Lorraine Broderick, Christopher Whitesell, Ryan Quan, writers' assistant Julia Layton, Christopher Dunn, writers' assistant Tyler Topits, Dave Ryan. David Cherrill and Melissa Salmons accepted their awards at the New York ceremony. Winners not pictured are Carolyn Culliton, Richard Culliton and Janet Iacobuzio. Also not pictured is David A. Levinson, who left the show in early 2013.

The number of white men in this picture explains so many things about this show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

Thank you, Jason, for those photos. It's nice to finally put some faces to the names we talk about on a daily basis.
Edited by OliveAnn, Feb 23 2014, 11:10 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

KateDiMera
Feb 23 2014, 08:53 AM
Jason47
Feb 23 2014, 02:09 AM
DiMeraFan67

Posted Image

The number of white men in this picture explains so many things about this show.
The age group also explains why they can't write for young people. They seriously need to diversify their writing team.
Online Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Thanks Jason! I've only ever seen two or three of these people so very interesting to be able to put a face to a name.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Feb 22 2014, 09:07 PM
Aliaron
Feb 22 2014, 09:01 PM
granolagirl
Feb 21 2014, 04:21 PM
I don't believe anyone wants to be on recurring unless they have actually turned down a contract.

I can't believe Crystal is still being a drama llama about her last Days stint, lol.
John A said he loves being on recurring. I think for some people recurring actually works well. Especially if you got other projects.
Well, John Aniston IS 30+ years older than CC. So there's a big difference between his enjoying recurring status and her liking it. lol.
And also not crazy. John seems to get that Victor isn't a character that should drive story, that he's such a big character that he should be the antagonist on the side that pisses people off and does bad shit, and that's how Victor works best. Not to mention, people enjoy Victor.

Plus, some people on recurring have more airtime than those with a contract. Suzanne/Deidre, anyone? Suzanne's recurring and she has more airtime than Deidre, who has a contract.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Actually, I believe that Suzanne is still on contract, but her typical contracted guarantee is lower. I think one of the reasons she's still kept on contract (even with a low guarantee) is so that she can maintain her health insurance.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

Although he's aged well, I haven't seen David Cherrill since he was on As the World Turns in the 70s so his picture was a bit of a shock, lol.
Online Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Feb 23 2014, 11:31 AM
Supergirlx2
Feb 22 2014, 09:07 PM
Aliaron
Feb 22 2014, 09:01 PM
granolagirl
Feb 21 2014, 04:21 PM
I don't believe anyone wants to be on recurring unless they have actually turned down a contract.

I can't believe Crystal is still being a drama llama about her last Days stint, lol.
John A said he loves being on recurring. I think for some people recurring actually works well. Especially if you got other projects.
Well, John Aniston IS 30+ years older than CC. So there's a big difference between his enjoying recurring status and her liking it. lol.
And also not crazy. John seems to get that Victor isn't a character that should drive story, that he's such a big character that he should be the antagonist on the side that pisses people off and does bad shit, and that's how Victor works best. Not to mention, people enjoy Victor.

Plus, some people on recurring have more airtime than those with a contract. Suzanne/Deidre, anyone? Suzanne's recurring and she has more airtime than Deidre, who has a contract.
Suzanne is definitely still on contract, but also she doesn't really have more airtime than Deidre. Since she returned, Deidre has been in more episodes than Suzanne. It just doesn't seem like it. Since TomSell returned, Deidre has been more marginalized than Suzanne, but still on more. However, Josh Taylor, Peggy McCay, and James Reynolds all have contracts and many of the recurring actors have far more screen time than them.

Isn't their health insurance through SAG? If so, they should be able to get health insurance regardless of contract/recurring status as long as they air at all.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Feb 22 2014, 09:05 PM
Halloween Family
Feb 22 2014, 08:58 PM
Supergirlx2
Feb 22 2014, 08:44 PM
Halloween Family
Feb 22 2014, 07:42 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Ummmm... no... It was more like "i just got an email from my husband saying he doesn't love me any more, wants Billie, and wants to divorce me and i just saw him in bed with Billie on my way out of town because i needed to get away after my son died and i learned that it was my step-daughter that was driving and that my husband knew. oh, and Patrick just so happens to be here on the same island at staying at the same hotel, and he's being really nice and supportive (and kinda manipulative)" sex.
She only slept with him ONCE. And she admits that she would never have had she not been deceived by Billie (who had learned from Chelsea that Hope was headed to the hotel & decided to jump into bed next to Bo & make Hope think they had slept together) & Chelsea (who managed to intercept Bo's "i love you, Hope. Please forgive me" email and change it to an "i love Billie. i want a divorce" email).
A one time fuck buddy.
clearly you don't understand what I'm trying to say, so there's really no point in my wasting time trying to explain.
I'm pretty sure everyone understands what you're saying. Them understanding you doesn't seem to be the issue. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Mitchapalooza
Feb 21 2014, 08:57 PM
Clip of DAYS writers accepting their WGA award

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh3dMNhdCHY
Notice there's no mention of Tomlin? :wub2:

Please be a sign that he's no longer there.. PLEASE!
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Ally
Feb 23 2014, 02:59 PM
Mitchapalooza

We've already gone through this, though. Tomlin went Fi-Core during the strike and therefore isn't eligible for this award, and probably also not welcome. It'd be kind of a slap in the face to the WGA to thank a Fi-core writer.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

lysie
Feb 23 2014, 03:02 PM
Ally
Feb 23 2014, 02:59 PM
Mitchapalooza

We've already gone through this, though. Tomlin went Fi-Core during the strike and therefore isn't eligible for this award, and probably also not welcome. It'd be kind of a slap in the face to the WGA to thank a Fi-core writer.
I keep forgetting that.. I just want him gone.. Thanks, Lysie!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Did Jeanne Marie ford not get an award? Isn't she on the days staff?
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic