Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of Feb 17
Topic Started: Feb 16 2014, 09:26 PM (18,017 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Ally
Feb 23 2014, 03:04 PM
lysie
Feb 23 2014, 03:02 PM
Ally
Feb 23 2014, 02:59 PM
Mitchapalooza
Feb 21 2014, 08:57 PM
Clip of DAYS writers accepting their WGA award

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gh3dMNhdCHY
Notice there's no mention of Tomlin? :wub2:

Please be a sign that he's no longer there.. PLEASE!
We've already gone through this, though. Tomlin went Fi-Core during the strike and therefore isn't eligible for this award, and probably also not welcome. It'd be kind of a slap in the face to the WGA to thank a Fi-core writer.
I keep forgetting that.. I just want him gone.. Thanks, Lysie!

Me too.

Mitchapalooza
Feb 23 2014, 03:07 PM
Did Jeanne Marie ford not get an award? Isn't she on the days staff?

Someone else on the staff had a fi-core issue, but I can't remember if it was her or not.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Yes, Mitch. She went fi-core too. Here.
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=9044288&t=8877224
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

KateDiMera
Feb 23 2014, 08:53 AM
Jason47
Feb 23 2014, 02:09 AM
DiMeraFan67
Feb 22 2014, 01:07 AM
I couldn't pick anyone outside of Lorraine Broderick out of a lineup, including Whitesell.
Jason47 to the rescue!! :)

Posted Image

The "Days of Our Lives" writing team poses after winning the Writers Guild Award for best daytime drama earlier this month. Pictured (from left to right): Rick Draughon, Lorraine Broderick, Christopher Whitesell, Ryan Quan, writers' assistant Julia Layton, Christopher Dunn, writers' assistant Tyler Topits, Dave Ryan. David Cherrill and Melissa Salmons accepted their awards at the New York ceremony. Winners not pictured are Carolyn Culliton, Richard Culliton and Janet Iacobuzio. Also not pictured is David A. Levinson, who left the show in early 2013.

The number of white men in this picture explains so many things about this show.
I think of Days an an old-fashioned sort of show and if daytime soaps were to make a big comeback then they'd need to re-invent themselves with the writting done by more than just middle-aged white men and women who share the same background.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 23 2014, 01:52 PM
The Room Stops
Feb 23 2014, 11:31 AM
Supergirlx2
Feb 22 2014, 09:07 PM
Aliaron
Feb 22 2014, 09:01 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Well, John Aniston IS 30+ years older than CC. So there's a big difference between his enjoying recurring status and her liking it. lol.
And also not crazy. John seems to get that Victor isn't a character that should drive story, that he's such a big character that he should be the antagonist on the side that pisses people off and does bad shit, and that's how Victor works best. Not to mention, people enjoy Victor.

Plus, some people on recurring have more airtime than those with a contract. Suzanne/Deidre, anyone? Suzanne's recurring and she has more airtime than Deidre, who has a contract.
Suzanne is definitely still on contract, but also she doesn't really have more airtime than Deidre. Since she returned, Deidre has been in more episodes than Suzanne. It just doesn't seem like it. Since TomSell returned, Deidre has been more marginalized than Suzanne, but still on more. However, Josh Taylor, Peggy McCay, and James Reynolds all have contracts and many of the recurring actors have far more screen time than them.

Isn't their health insurance through SAG? If so, they should be able to get health insurance regardless of contract/recurring status as long as they air at all.
Sadly episodes doesn't equal airtime. Maggie has a place on the show, a house, a marriage, a part (in several stories). Marlena doesn't. And it shows in the amount of time actually shown onscreen and how they're used.

And their health insurance might be through AFTRA. Which might be the same for all I know (meaning the health insurance part is similar).
Edited by The Room Stops, Feb 23 2014, 03:35 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Feb 23 2014, 03:33 PM
lysie
The Room Stops
Supergirlx2

And also not crazy. John seems to get that Victor isn't a character that should drive story, that he's such a big character that he should be the antagonist on the side that pisses people off and does bad shit, and that's how Victor works best. Not to mention, people enjoy Victor.

Plus, some people on recurring have more airtime than those with a contract. Suzanne/Deidre, anyone? Suzanne's recurring and she has more airtime than Deidre, who has a contract.
Suzanne is definitely still on contract, but also she doesn't really have more airtime than Deidre. Since she returned, Deidre has been in more episodes than Suzanne. It just doesn't seem like it. Since TomSell returned, Deidre has been more marginalized than Suzanne, but still on more. However, Josh Taylor, Peggy McCay, and James Reynolds all have contracts and many of the recurring actors have far more screen time than them.

Isn't their health insurance through SAG? If so, they should be able to get health insurance regardless of contract/recurring status as long as they air at all.
Episodes doesn't equal airtime.

And their health insurance might be through AFTRA. Which might be the same for all I know (meaning the health insurance part is similar).
I know it doesn't, but Marlena still has had more. Or at least she did the last two years. We'll see about this year.

IDK if it's the same thing or not, but I'm pretty sure it's independent of their contracts. They just have to work. Remember that episode of Friends where Joey didn't work enough one year and lost his insurance? It didn't happen immediately, and he was able to fix it by getting that commercial. I mean....that may not be a realistic portrayal of how that works, but I've heard about that in relation to one of the recurring actors on the show before.
Offline Profile Goto Top

freedom

The Room Stops
lysie
The Room Stops
Supergirlx2

Sadly episodes doesn't equal airtime. Maggie has a place on the show, a house, a marriage, a part (in several stories). Marlena doesn't. And it shows in the amount of time actually shown onscreen and how they're used.

I don't know about airtime but you can definitely tell they prefer Maggie to Marlena. Just in their recent writing choices. They're trying to turn Marlena into someone she's not, nor ever has been in 40 years. With Maggie they want her always wearing the golden halo.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

lysie
The Room Stops
Supergirlx2
Aliaron
Feb 22 2014, 09:01 PM

Well, John Aniston IS 30+ years older than CC. So there's a big difference between his enjoying recurring status and her liking it. lol.

I just remember that much was made of Suzanne's insurance status & potential lackthereof when she was killed off during the SSK. I thought it was one of the reasons that John Clarke offered to be killed off instead since he was already considering retiring.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Matt
Feb 23 2014, 03:57 PM
lysie
The Room Stops
Supergirlx2

I just remember that much was made of Suzanne's insurance status & potential lackthereof when she was killed off during the SSK. I thought it was one of the reasons that John Clarke offered to be killed off instead since he was already considering retiring.
It definitely was, but she was fired, not bumped to recurring. She wouldn't have been airing at all.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

lysie
Feb 23 2014, 04:13 PM
Matt
Feb 23 2014, 03:57 PM
lysie
The Room Stops

It definitely was, but she was fired, not bumped to recurring. She wouldn't have been airing at all.
Ah. Perhaps that's it. ^o)
Offline Profile Goto Top

tylerbo20

Maggie should have been written out years ago. Sorry there are other "Hortons" i want to get air time...Doug Julie Bill Laura...
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

tylerbo20
Feb 23 2014, 04:55 PM
Maggie should have been written out years ago. Sorry there are other "Hortons" i want to get air time...Doug Julie Bill Laura...
I enjoyed Maggie until MarDar, and now I despise her. But I mostly liked her as a supporting family member.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 23 2014, 03:38 PM
The Room Stops
lysie
The Room Stops

I know it doesn't, but Marlena still has had more. Or at least she did the last two years. We'll see about this year.

IDK if it's the same thing or not, but I'm pretty sure it's independent of their contracts. They just have to work. Remember that episode of Friends where Joey didn't work enough one year and lost his insurance? It didn't happen immediately, and he was able to fix it by getting that commercial. I mean....that may not be a realistic portrayal of how that works, but I've heard about that in relation to one of the recurring actors on the show before.
Can I just say that I love you referencing Joey when explaining all this.

Everything should relate to Friends.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Feb 23 2014, 05:05 PM
lysie
The Room Stops
lysie

Friends is basically my encyclopedia.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

camera shy
Feb 23 2014, 03:15 PM
KateDiMera
Feb 23 2014, 08:53 AM
Jason47
Feb 23 2014, 02:09 AM
DiMeraFan67
Feb 22 2014, 01:07 AM
I couldn't pick anyone outside of Lorraine Broderick out of a lineup, including Whitesell.
Jason47 to the rescue!! :)

Posted Image

The "Days of Our Lives" writing team poses after winning the Writers Guild Award for best daytime drama earlier this month. Pictured (from left to right): Rick Draughon, Lorraine Broderick, Christopher Whitesell, Ryan Quan, writers' assistant Julia Layton, Christopher Dunn, writers' assistant Tyler Topits, Dave Ryan. David Cherrill and Melissa Salmons accepted their awards at the New York ceremony. Winners not pictured are Carolyn Culliton, Richard Culliton and Janet Iacobuzio. Also not pictured is David A. Levinson, who left the show in early 2013.

The number of white men in this picture explains so many things about this show.
I think of Days an an old-fashioned sort of show and if daytime soaps were to make a big comeback then they'd need to re-invent themselves with the writting done by more than just middle-aged white men and women who share the same background.
If they're good writers that's really all I care about. Some of them are, some are eh.
Online Profile Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

lysie
Feb 23 2014, 05:20 PM
SoapGal1
Feb 23 2014, 05:05 PM
lysie
The Room Stops

Friends is basically my encyclopedia.
Especially since Joey called "smell the fart" acting which many soap actors which is so awesome in it's simplicity.

But my favorite description of how to act on a soap is Nathan Fillion talking about daytime acting:

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic