Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Twins cast as new Sydney DiMera
Topic Started: Feb 17 2014, 12:29 AM (3,668 Views)
daysmemories
Member Avatar

Yeah they look young. I actually think the best Sydney they ever had on DAys was the one Nicole toted around for almost a year.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar
Ineffable!

I'd like to see Sydney more often as well as Allie. As much as I like the kids that play Johnny, I've had enough of him for a long while.

KAM

Very pretty little girls! Now if only they think being on set is fun, and they can pay a little attention to what's going on around them...then they have a shot at being the best Sydneys ever. IMO, all they have to beat is the baby. LOL Maybe the Kunitz twins can give them some pointers...or they can watch clips of that very youngest scene stealer, Baby Ari. Best wishes to them.

concerned
Member Avatar

Forget about the Kunitz twins.... Nu Syds should go straight to the queen of child acting Lauren Boles.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Aw, I liked the latest Sydney. I hope that picture is old. Or looks like Sydney is being deSORASed.

camera shy

Does Lauren Boles and the little boy who plays Theo have a twin?

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

camera shy
Feb 19 2014, 10:33 PM
No.

camera shy

Angie79
Feb 20 2014, 12:29 AM
camera shy
No.

Thanks.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Angie79
camera shy
No.

I was going to ask the same question about Lauren Boles and and Terrell Ransome but I assumed they didn't because I never saw any photographs or mention of a twin.Is there a cut off age where the show uses the child actor only rather than hiring twins? If so,what is that age?
Edited by BeeBee, Feb 20 2014, 10:23 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Feb 20 2014, 10:17 PM
Angie79
camera shy
No.

I was going to ask the same question about Lauren and Randall (?) but I assumed they didn't because I never saw any photographs or mention of a twin.Is there a cut off age where the show uses the child actor only rather than hiring twins? If so,what is that age?
ROFL. His name is Terrell.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 20 2014, 10:22 PM
BeeBee
Angie79
camera shy
No.

I was going to ask the same question about Lauren and Randall (?) but I assumed they didn't because I never saw any photographs or mention of a twin.Is there a cut off age where the show uses the child actor only rather than hiring twins? If so,what is that age?
I forget he's on the show since Lexie's demise until they need him for the plot.Its no wonder I don't know his name.I just went back to the spoiler thread to look at the list to verify his name actual name.Now stop laughing and answer the question.

lysie
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Feb 20 2014, 10:26 PM
lysie
Feb 20 2014, 10:22 PM
BeeBee
Angie79

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I forget he's on the show since Lexie's demise until they need him for the plot.Its no wonder I don't know his name.I just went back to the spoiler thread to look at the list to verify his name actual name.Now stop laughing and answer the question.
Well, I don't know the answer. I don't know if there is a definitive answer. I can think of several things that would make sense, but I can also think of several exceptions. My guess is that for the most part they use twins when they're babies, and just one child when there's going to be a lot more acting involved.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

BeeBee
Angie79
camera shy
No.

I was going to ask the same question about Lauren Boles and and Terrell Ransome but I assumed they didn't because I never saw any photographs or mention of a twin.Is there a cut off age where the show uses the child actor only rather than hiring twins? If so,what is that age?
I don't think there is. But it's interesting that they hired Lauren Boles to take over the role of Ciara when she was only 3, yet they keep recasting Sydney with new sets of twins & she's supposed to be older than that by now.
I think TPTB are gonna have to either pick one of the Johnny twins to take over the role permanently or recast. They're getting to that point where you can start to tell the difference between the twins.

Jason47
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Angie79
camera shy
No.

I don't think there is a cut-off age, but it sometimes makes more sense to use twins for the younger kids, since they can only work a limited number of hours per day, so by using twins, that doubles the amount of time the character can be used each work day. Of course, for babies, it also helps if one is crying and the other one is not, they can use the one that is not crying for a scene.

Here are the SAG rules regarding children:

Work day rules are as follows:
• Minors may not work before 5:30 a.m. or after 10:00 p.m. on evenings preceding a school day (work days must end by 12:30 a.m. on non-school days). The minor’s final work day must be concluded at least twelve hours before the beginning of the minor’s next regular school day.
• On a school day (determined by the calendar of the district where the child resides), school age minors must receive at least three hours of instruction. Maximum allowable hours and times of instruction vary by grade level.
• Minors through age 15 must be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian. Minors age 16 or 17 may work without a parent or guardian but are entitled to have a parent or guardian present. The parent or guardian is entitled to be within sight and sound of the minor at all times.
• Minors who are high school graduates are exempt from the child labor laws and may work on the same basis as adults.

School Age Minors:
On a school day, school age minors may work as follows:
• Ages 6 to 8 — four hours (maximum of eight and one half hours on the set).
• Ages 9 to 15 — five hours (maximum of nine and one half hours on the set).
• Ages 16 and 17 — six hours (maximum of ten and one half hours on the set).
• On days when school is not in session, school age minors may work an additional two hours a day.
• On all days, the minor must have at least one hour of rest and recreation and one half-hour meal break.
• By prior arrangement with the studio teacher, up to two hours of school may be banked (stored) to offset additional work hours on other days; there must be at least one hour of school on each day the minor’s regular school is in session.

Pre-School Age Minors:
Minors who are 6 months through 5 years do not attend school on the set, even though they may attend
pre-school or kindergarten on a regular basis.Work hours are as follows:
• Ages 6 months to 2 years — two hours (maximum of four hours on the set).
• Ages 2 years through 5 years — three hours (maximum of four and one half hours on the set).
• Minors 6 months through 5 years must have at least one hour of rest and recreation.
• Minors 2 to 5 years may also have a half hour meal break.

Infants:
In California, infants 15 days to 6 months of age may only be on the set between the hours of 9:30 a.m. to 11:30a.m. or 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. No infant born prematurely may work until he/she would be at least 15 days old if born at full-term. SAG producers have agreed to observe these restrictions in other jurisdictions.
• Ages 15 days to 6 months — twenty minutes (maximum two hours on the set).

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Thanks Lysie,Supergirl,and Jason.Based on the rules it makes sense that Days would hire twins for babies and younger children then make the final decision based on who works best in the role.I hadn't realized Lauren has been Ciara since she was three.I remember them having some kind of contest to name her.Time flies.I think Terrell Ransom is great in his role.Too bad his role is limited since Lexie is gone.The child playing Allie is good too.I hope they give her more time.You can tell who gets the most screen time,I don't know the name of the actress who plays Allie.How long have she and Terrell been in their roles?
The new twins are cute.I hope they work out as Sydney.The show has really had a tough time casting Sydney once she was no longer a baby.Has any other Days child been this difficult to cast?

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Feb 21 2014, 01:06 AM
The child playing Allie is good too.I hope they give her more time.You can tell who gets the most screen time,I don't know the name of the actress who plays Allie.
Allie is played by twins, Carolyn and Campbell Rose

Posted Image
Edited by TreasureCove, Feb 21 2014, 01:29 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Thanks Lysie,Supergirl,and Jason.Based on the rules it makes sense that Days would hire twins for babies and younger children then make the final decision based on who works best in the role.I hadn't realized Lauren has been Ciara since she was three.I remember them having some kind of contest to name her.Time flies.I think Terrell Ransom is great in his role.Too bad his role is limited since Lexie is gone.The child playing Allie is good too.I hope they give her more time.You can tell who gets the most screen time,I don't know the name of the actress who plays Allie.How long have she and Terrell been in their roles?
The new twins are cute.I hope they work out as Sydney.The show has really had a tough time casting Sydney once she was no longer a baby.Has any other Days child been this difficult to cast?
This hasn't been updated in years, but this will give you a good idea of how many times some of these kids have been recast. http://web.archive.org/web/20070323025334/http://www.childrenofsalem.com/days/kidsgrewup/kidsgrewup.html

I think it's interesting that little Sami and Eric were always played by individual children. I had a hard time wording that because sometimes they were played by a set of twins, but one was Eric and one was Sami. No one ever shared the role.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 21 2014, 01:46 AM
BeeBee
This hasn't been updated in years, but this will give you a good idea of how many times some of these kids have been recast. http://web.archive.org/web/20070323025334/http://www.childrenofsalem.com/days/kidsgrewup/kidsgrewup.html

I think it's interesting that little Sami and Eric were always played by individual children. I had a hard time wording that because sometimes they were played by a set of twins, but one was Eric and one was Sami. No one ever shared the role.
Thanks for the link.Interesting to learn the full names of characters.I was wondering who the heck was Caroline Anna Brady until I saw Christie Clark.

Ellie

Lauren was 4 when she started on Days.

I think the issue with the twins is that occasionally there is a "find", like the Kunitz's or the Olsen twins on Full House, where the kids just click so well with the show that they keep them, despite the fact that one could probably do the job. But if they're casting a 5 year old, they generally don't use twins. It's only when the twins grow up on the show that they keep them.

dixiercat

Lauren Boles turned 10 on December 4. Her first episode was almost six years ago (May 21, 2008)
Terrell Ransom Jr will be 11 in July. His first episode was also almost six years ago (May 20, 2008)

Both of them were four when they started.

The Kunitz boys were still only 3 years old when they started on the show (January 27, 2009 was their first episode...yes, five years ago) which is probably why the role was cast with twins. And since the boys are so loved by fans, they never have felt the need to recast the role of Johnny (or Allie) with a single child.

Carolyn and Campbell Rose (Allie) were four, almost five, when they first aired on the show in November 2009. They replaced Ella and Anna Gietzen (who turned 3 during their time on the show) who were originally cast alongside the Kunitz boys.
Edited by dixiercat, Feb 23 2014, 05:56 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply