Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Drake Hogestyn returns as John Black on Tuesday, March 4.
Topic Started: Feb 17 2014, 11:11 AM (1,933 Views)
WillFan
Member Avatar

http://soaps.sheknows.com/daysofourlives/comings_and_goings/
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

YAY! Hopefully we'll get some clues about his scenes with Brady & Hope when the new set of spoilers start arriving mid-week.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

I'm glad he's back, I just wish we had any inkling on whether the writers will fuck up his return or actually do something smart & have a Jarlena reunion after some angst, conversation, etc - the whole kit & caboodle, as it were. I'm starting to lose hope here!!

freedom

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Feb 17 2014, 12:22 PM
I'm glad he's back, I just wish we had any inkling on whether the writers will fuck up his return or actually do something smart & have a Jarlena reunion after some angst, conversation, etc - the whole kit & caboodle, as it were. I'm starting to lose hope here!!
Yeah. I am not here for the writers breaking them up, pairing them with others, or writing either of them
out of character. In any order.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I really don't think they would bring John back to pair John and Marlena with other people. John is just not worth it at this point after the way he exited. I think the plan is to reunite them eventually, I just hope the story is decent and not like once or twice a month. I'm hoping that people are just not mentioning Drake or tweeting about him because its like he has only been there three times since he returned.

I just hope Drake actually shows up on March 4th when John does, because he was just sorry last time he was onscreen.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

I agree about his performances and I'm not excusing his lack of enthusiasm, but I absolutely blame the writers because that entire storyline - including Kristen's return - was absolute tripe. :flipoff:

You said "eventually" - I am completely HERE for the storyline - gimme it - all of it. From angst & arguing, throwing pillows in frustration, yelling, screaming, sniping, bickering, accusing...fantasies, forgiveness, realizations...give it all the words you want and I'll sit down and savor every morsel of it like a beagle on a bagel (trust me...they love em).

I'll watch Days - I'm no "fair weather fan", but John & Marlena remind me of my parents...they've been through a LOT, but through it all, never lost what brought them together. Does that make me a pathetic, romantic sap? :wub2: Probably - and I can live with that. :peace:

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
"I want to get to know you better."

Supergirlx2
Feb 17 2014, 11:49 AM
YAY! Hopefully we'll get some clues about his scenes with Brady & Hope when the new set of spoilers start arriving mid-week.
I hope so too!

Welcome back Drake! :cheer:

lysie
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Feb 17 2014, 01:13 PM
I agree about his performances and I'm not excusing his lack of enthusiasm, but I absolutely blame the writers because that entire storyline - including Kristen's return - was absolute tripe. :flipoff:

You said "eventually" - I am completely HERE for the storyline - gimme it - all of it. From angst & arguing, throwing pillows in frustration, yelling, screaming, sniping, bickering, accusing...fantasies, forgiveness, realizations...give it all the words you want and I'll sit down and savor every morsel of it like a beagle on a bagel (trust me...they love em).

I'll watch Days - I'm no "fair weather fan", but John & Marlena remind me of my parents...they've been through a LOT, but through it all, never lost what brought them together. Does that make me a pathetic, romantic sap? :wub2: Probably - and I can live with that. :peace:
Normally, I could get behind blaming the writers. But Drake was actually okay in the scenes that were the most OOC (the ones with Kristen). It was the other stuff that he slept through.

freedom

DiMeraFan67
Feb 17 2014, 12:31 PM
I really don't think they would bring John back to pair John and Marlena with other people.
You're kidding right?

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

freedom
Feb 17 2014, 01:51 PM
DiMeraFan67
I really don't think they would bring John back to pair John and Marlena with other people.
You're kidding right?
Nah, I'm serious. John did enough already for Marlena to just move on if they wanted her to. No one could blame her for moving on without John if he just never came back.

freedom

lysie
Feb 17 2014, 01:30 PM
No1_ILoveLucyFan
Feb 17 2014, 01:13 PM

Normally, I could get behind blaming the writers. But Drake was actually okay in the scenes that were the most OOC (the ones with Kristen). It was the other stuff that he slept through.
And those were the scenes nobody wanted to see.

lysie
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Feb 17 2014, 01:53 PM
freedom
DiMeraFan67
You're kidding right?
Nah, I'm serious. John did enough already for Marlena to just move on if they wanted her to. No one could blame her for moving on without John if he just never came back.
I don't think they're invested enough in either of them to bring in other people for them, lol.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 17 2014, 01:58 PM
DiMeraFan67
freedom
DiMeraFan67
You're kidding right?
I don't think they're invested enough in either of them to bring in other people for them, lol.
lol That's the bigger reason. But John serves no purpose unless they were going to reunite John and Marlena. He has already been butchered enough to where they could have just moved her on with someone else. They aren't invested in John AT ALL.

blueskies
Member Avatar

i'm sorta "meh" on him being back. They so mangled his part in the story last year and his acting was rather bad that I'm not sure how they'll recover him.

LovinXtina
Member Avatar

I'm not too excited about this because the way his acting was with the Kristen stuff. He phoned in most of his scenes; even if he didn't like the writing it is his job as an actor and act. Hopefully he is bearable to watch this time around.

LovinXtina
Member Avatar

Double post
Edited by LovinXtina, Feb 17 2014, 04:07 PM.

thepadange

LovinXtina
Feb 17 2014, 03:13 PM
I'm not too excited about this because the way his acting was with the Kristen stuff. He phoned in most of his scenes; even if he didn't like the writing it is his job as an actor and act. Hopefully he is bearable to watch this time around.
I may be wrong but I think he didn't give much effort in his scenes not because (or at least not only because) he didn't like the writing but because he was pissed that TPTB decided to terminate his contract.
Edited by thepadange, Feb 17 2014, 03:39 PM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I'm a few weeks behind in episodes, have they said who John's parents are?

thepadange

Sindacco
Feb 17 2014, 04:49 PM
I'm a few weeks behind in episodes, have they said who John's parents are?
No, they just said who they were not, so that Brady and Theresa could hook-up. (Or at least I don't remember them exploring that topic further).
Edited by thepadange, Feb 17 2014, 04:54 PM.

maryann1

DiMeraFan67
Feb 17 2014, 02:00 PM
lysie
Feb 17 2014, 01:58 PM
DiMeraFan67
freedom

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
lol That's the bigger reason. But John serves no purpose unless they were going to reunite John and Marlena. He has already been butchered enough to where they could have just moved her on with someone else. They aren't invested in John AT ALL.
Welcome back John Black (Drake Hogestyn):)) They better be invested because these two Veteran Actors have the largest fan base that drawls people to watch. They are two of the most well loved characters, have been at the top of the weekly fan poll for over 100 weeks, she has over 105,000 and growing face book followers and all the actors and actresses that come on the show can't wait to work with these two top notch pro vets. They also had the longest line at the Universal Fan Fest this past Fall.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply