Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Guy Wilson Talks The “Days” Gay Engagement; Also Eric Martsolf, Greg Vaughan, Galen Gering share their thoughts
Topic Started: Feb 17 2014, 04:45 PM (2,525 Views)
thepadange

http://www.thebacklot.com/guy-wilson-talks-engagement-days-men-talk-wilson-storyline/02/2014/?utm=share_twitter
Edited by thepadange, Feb 17 2014, 04:47 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

I can't view the videos.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Me neither... :(

Kaha
Member Avatar

Problem fixed. I just had to renew my adobe flash player.

Guys has such a sexy voice. It's interesting he also wears glasses. Why don't they let actors wear glasses? He actually looks very cute. I hope they stop with the ugly orange makeup they put on him. He looks more natural in this video and much better.

blueskies
Member Avatar

i was able to watch them; they were pretty good; Eric and Galen gave better interviews than Greg though. Guy gave a great interview too.

Kaha
Member Avatar

blueskies
Feb 17 2014, 08:52 PM
i was able to watch them; they were pretty good; Eric and Galen gave better interviews than Greg though. Guy gave a great interview too.
Greg was not articulate. I think he's a bit shy or he's the stereotypical pretty boy.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Kaha
Feb 17 2014, 08:54 PM
blueskies
Greg was not articulate. I think he's a bit shy or he's the stereotypical pretty boy.
no, he wasn't articulate at all. Now he wasn't quite this bad but it still made me think of this,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

Ellie

Days is giving lots of exclusives to the gay press (sorry, lack of a better term.) It will help promote the story among that community, but at the same time it shows that they view this as 'not ready for prime time', imo.

Kaha
Member Avatar

Ellie
Feb 17 2014, 09:38 PM
Days is giving lots of exclusives to the gay press (sorry, lack of a better term.) It will help promote the story among that community, but at the same time it shows that they view this as 'not ready for prime time', imo.
Maybe that press is the only outlets interested in the story. Is Michael Fairman's Soap Nation Live considered gay press?

iheartwilson
Member Avatar

Ellie
Not really understanding the connection you're trying to make here.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

iheartwilson
Member Avatar

Kaha
Feb 17 2014, 10:14 PM
Ellie
Maybe that press is the only outlets interested in the story. Is Michael Fairman's Soap Nation Live considered gay press?
Not that I'm aware of.

They've been in SOD more than once since Guy came. Don't consider them 'gay press' either.
Edited by iheartwilson, Feb 17 2014, 10:17 PM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

blueskies
Feb 17 2014, 09:19 PM
Kaha
Feb 17 2014, 08:54 PM
blueskies
no, he wasn't articulate at all. Now he wasn't quite this bad but it still made me think of this,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww
Oh no!

Posted Image

I must say, I cringed for him few times.

Ellie

The connection I'm making is that at the same time they were removed from the NBC promo, they have gotten two recent exclusive interviews with gay press outlets. This is a first on daytime TV, yet they're giving the interviews to specialized outlets. If Days really wanted to advertise this 'first', these wouldn't be the obvious choices imo.

stormymac
Member Avatar

Ellie
Feb 17 2014, 11:20 PM
The connection I'm making is that at the same time they were removed from the NBC promo, they have gotten two recent exclusive interviews with gay press outlets. This is a first on daytime TV, yet they're giving the interviews to specialized outlets. If Days really wanted to advertise this 'first', these wouldn't be the obvious choices imo.
Question, since I know absolutely nothing about PR, which happens more, a show or an actor solicits interviews or a media outlet requests interviews? Or are they about equal?

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

Eric Martsolf has such a baby face. Without facial hair, he looks 30.

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

Also, thumbs up to Days PR people. Sending Guy Wilson as the Wilson representative and (arguably) the three hottest male members of the Days cast to sit down with a gay publication? Well played.

michr544125

Ellie
Why I have to find the interview answers almost contradictory. The actors are trying to say how much credit is supposed to be given to NBC. Way I see it, NBC has gone backward with the gay story. Days has moved forward but I don't feel that NBC supports it as much as they once did. The removal of Will and Sonny from the Valentine's promo says it all. Will's first kiss and the coming out story was heavily promoted even in the mainstream press. Now the wedding and everything else Wilson is being promoted almost only in gay outlets. I think it's really sad. Yes, I give the actors and Days lots of credit but NBC I give no credit to right now, especially based on what Jude seemed to be indicating. Yes, I get they could just do away with the gay story but and they have't but it seems to me the homophobes are the only ones they care about pleasing. It also seems like Will and Sonny's story is so limited and what they are involved in is barely being promoted, except in certain gay outlets. They obviously fear Wilson being promoted in the mainstream media and fear Wilson leading their own story.
Edited by michr544125, Feb 18 2014, 12:02 AM.

stormymac
Member Avatar

nickyj12345
Feb 17 2014, 11:49 PM
Also, thumbs up to Days PR people. Sending Guy Wilson as the Wilson representative and (arguably) the three hottest male members of the Days cast to sit down with a gay publication? Well played.
I think Freddie would have done just fine as the WilSon representative and that isn't anything against Guy, who I think is great. The interviewer stated that Freddie wasn't on set that day or I'm sure they would have interviewed him too.
Edited by stormymac, Feb 18 2014, 12:20 AM.

Ellie

stormymac
Feb 17 2014, 11:32 PM
Ellie
Feb 17 2014, 11:20 PM
Question, since I know absolutely nothing about PR, which happens more, a show or an actor solicits interviews or a media outlet requests interviews? Or are they about equal?
The show almost always arranges the interviews. You'll sometimes get the 'regulars' requesting, but the only reason they can do this is that the show has used them as media outlets in the past.

For example, when you see a movie actress on shows like Regis and Kelly, Ellen, etc, that is because the movie's publicist has called those shows to request their guest be on. (The analogy here being that Days as a show is like the movie.)

Ellie

iheartwilson
Feb 17 2014, 10:16 PM
Kaha
Feb 17 2014, 10:14 PM
Ellie
Not that I'm aware of.

They've been in SOD more than once since Guy came. Don't consider them 'gay press' either.
I was talking specifically about the engagement. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. Yes, Guy Wilson has and will continue to give interviews, but for this milestone, it seems that the show is avoiding mainstream press, imo.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply