Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Guy Wilson Talks The “Days” Gay Engagement; Also Eric Martsolf, Greg Vaughan, Galen Gering share their thoughts
Topic Started: Feb 17 2014, 04:45 PM (2,766 Views)
Will&Sonny

Graceland
Feb 19 2014, 08:01 AM
Ellie
Feb 18 2014, 09:44 PM
Guy will be doing a number of interviews on Thursday including DR.

My point was not that they are doing no mainstream interviews, though there really haven't been many lately. It was that right after they were omitted from the promo, two gay press sites (please, anyone give me a more PC term if there is one) got big exclusive interviews about the engagement. I was remarking that it seemed to me that for a 'first' like this on Daytime, NBC was playing the extremely safe route and not advertising this news in the mainstream press.
What mainstream press did Massey do?
Chandler gave a statement to Entertainment Weekly back in 2011, when they exclusively confirmed that Will was gay, but I don't think that he ever gave them a proper interview. The important thing to note, though (and what could arguably be proving Ellie's point, although I still think that it's too soon to tell), is that Entertainment Weekly got that exclusive -- not The Advocate or even Soap Opera Digest, but Entertainment Weekly.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

Oh, and back to the original point of this thread...personally, I'd be more interested in hearing Melissa Reeves's thoughts on two men getting engaged and married on Days. :whistling:

Ellie

Will&Sonny
Feb 19 2014, 01:35 PM
Graceland
Feb 19 2014, 08:01 AM
Ellie

My point was not that they are doing no mainstream interviews, though there really haven't been many lately. It was that right after they were omitted from the promo, two gay press sites (please, anyone give me a more PC term if there is one) got big exclusive interviews about the engagement. I was remarking that it seemed to me that for a 'first' like this on Daytime, NBC was playing the extremely safe route and not advertising this news in the mainstream press.
What mainstream press did Massey do?
Chandler gave a statement to Entertainment Weekly back in 2011, when they exclusively confirmed that Will was gay, but I don't think that he ever gave them a proper interview. The important thing to note, though (and what could arguably be proving Ellie's point, although I still think that it's too soon to tell), is that Entertainment Weekly got that exclusive -- not The Advocate or even Soap Opera Digest, but Entertainment Weekly.
Right, that's exactly what I'm trying to say. By mainstream press I meant non-soap and non-LBGT. Days has used TV Guide, Entertainment Weekly, other NBC and network shows, and even Star in the past to promote stories. Michael Logan is certainly a friend of the show and could have easily done this, for example. Or a local LA show - I remember Deidre and Chandler went on Good Day LA together at one point. I would absolutely classify that as mainstream press.

I was just contrasting an NBC promo, which, whenever it airs, is seen by the entire network, with a niche publication for the gay community.

Graceland
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Feb 19 2014, 01:39 PM
Oh, and back to the original point of this thread...personally, I'd be more interested in hearing Melissa Reeves's thoughts on two men getting engaged and married on Days. :whistling:
She's probably goes home and takes three showers and asks god for forgiveness for being on this darksided show.

michr544125

Ellie

This is my beef right now. I feel like NBC (not Days) wants to hide Wilson in the closet. They don't get promoted outside of the gay press for the most part and we now know NBC refused to allow Wilson in the Valentine's Day promo. The Wilson wedding won't be a part of May sweeps, again is another sign to me. I give Days a lot of credit for all they show and write. They have tried so hard to show equality. But I'm disappointed in NBC. I get they are allowing things to be shown but a the same time its as if they don't want people to know what's really happening on the show between Wilson. This is a gay marriage which is such a big deal right now and if you don't follow gay media you'd never know it was on. Also wilson never in spoilers regarding their marriage... I wish you could get exclusive with NBC about this. I'd love to hear their spin. If only...
Edited by michr544125, Feb 19 2014, 06:29 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply