Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Tuesday, February 18th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 18 2014, 01:31 AM (15,300 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

concerned
Feb 18 2014, 08:23 PM
KateDiMera
Feb 18 2014, 07:17 PM
Mitchapalooza
Feb 18 2014, 06:31 PM
tomsawyer
Feb 18 2014, 03:47 PM
Here's what I don't get about the current Days' stories...

- Kate is chasing after Rafe who really wants Jordan
- Theresa is chasing after Dan who really wants Jen
- Abby is chasing after EJ who really wants Sami

So where are all the hot guys chasing after the women????? For a show with an audience that is overwhelmingly female, I'm surprised at how obsessive and clingy they like to write many of their female characters.
The problem is DAYS thinks Jordan/Jen/Sami are better catches than Kate/Abby or Theresa....thats the problem right there.
What's that saying? Well-behaved women rarely make history...but they get all the soap boys?
That doesn't explain Sami.
Sami is hard to explain, period
Offline Profile Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

Tripp
Feb 18 2014, 06:05 PM
Halloween Family
Feb 18 2014, 05:39 PM
greeneyedgirl
Feb 18 2014, 05:33 PM
THIS! I don't know many Ejami fans, myself included, that have stayed a fan of the pairing because of some fairy tale romance being told. Their history is twisted, even morbid at times but their chemistry always reels me back in.
What can I say? I'm a chemistry addict.
well I enjoy chemistry too but it's subjective. There isn't enough chemistry for me to accept Ejami as a standard couple much less a couple that treats each other like shit on a good day. To me, shipping is about enjoying two people who clearly love each other, not trying to excuse the bad behavior of their characters in relation to their treatment of each other.

Also, I'm also someone who expects more from a TV show than just told "these people are in love because the characters have said outloud". Actions speak louder than words. Sami and EJ's actions are about as screwed up as you can get on this show.

And I am so thankful that AS is leaving and Ejami can be just a painful memory.
I'm also someone who expects more from a TV show than just told "these people are in love because the characters have said outloud" which is precisely why I remained an EJami fan when the writing told me not to for all these years. Thru Lumi's last run thru Safe, thru EJole thru *ahem* EJaylor. Yeah, I didn't buy it.

So yeah, as a fan of EJami, I also expect more from a TV show. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

soapfan4life

Tripp
Feb 18 2014, 08:12 PM
ladyofthelake
Feb 18 2014, 07:42 PM
What I don't get is that Abby is being told she is confused, delusional, crazy, stalkerish, immature...depending on who is posting, but.............
WHAT is the mature act about EJ jumping her bones to begin with? THAT'S mature? Seriously. He's the male version of a tease. I don't want to hear about "Boys will be boys". Damn double standard. I don't want to hear about the twisted, cray-cray chemistry love between EJ and Sami. Saying it is not going to make some of us see it. Same with the mixed signals EJ is giving. Although I do think he's the male Sami. Soon as Sami withholds her favors, I suspect EJ will be seeking Abby out.
And some females do equate sex with love, or at least feelings. I'm actually one of those crazy old-fashioned people who would have difficulty with someone doing me without having some sort of feeling for me (if I wasn't married, that is). And I'm 53. For some women, the act means more than the hormonal release. And I suspect that is what is supposed to be what is happening with Abby. If she was the type that accepted sex as sex, she would have lost her virginity a LONG time ago (if she was real, that is). It would be weird to have someone who has lost her virginity after high school as someone who just suddenly wants sex as sex. I would think.

Edited to add: EJ has been known to talk out of both sides of his mouth, so how is she supposed to believe him when he says to bugger off? Nicely, of course. He's not exactly reliable. Now, she SHOULD have common sense, but love is a weird thing...........
And thank you for this! Abby DARING to put feelings towards casual sex means she's the immature one while EJ's cheating with her OVER AND OVER is excused because he's a man and Sami withheld her body from him for too long. The only change I'd make that now Sami isn't withholding favors, EJ probably is still going to want to tap Abby because Mr. Evil master manipulator devious Dimera can't figure out how to handle telling a sexually inexperienced girl to go away and it really boils down to HE ENJOYS NAILING ABIGAIL.

As for Abby, I believe this story is actually fairly realistic. If Abby was way more experienced in sexual encounters, then she would be deluding herself but Abby isn't and the show has bent over backwards reminding us of that. And the only thing that comes in second to her inexperience is her guilt which isn't enough to keep her from still wanting him and that confuses her all the more (thus she's convinced herself there is something more there).

Now I do think Matt made a great point earlier in this thread when he said one problem with Abby's motivations is she needs someone to talk to about this, so we can put voice to her actions and really understand what is going on with her.

What I saw today, in that moment in the square with EJ, is something completely different. She kept asking who the real EJ is and the way I read the scene is EJ is so busy showing different sides of himself to everyone in Salem, does he even know what he wants/who he is? And damned if I'm not dragged into the Ejabby relationship because this uptight, goody two shoes Horton girl seems to understand EJ a hell of a lot better than his own family and "object" of his obsession. I think that is fanfuckingtastic.

Now excuse me while I go find a hot Ejabby scene to watch on youtube.
Thank you, you pretty much took the words out of my mouth.

Whatever the Ejabby outcome is I think this story has a great potential for EJ himself.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Feb 18 2014, 07:42 PM
What I don't get is that Abby is being told she is confused, delusional, crazy, stalkerish, immature...depending on who is posting, but.............
WHAT is the mature act about EJ jumping her bones to begin with? THAT'S mature? Seriously. He's the male version of a tease. I don't want to hear about "Boys will be boys". Damn double standard. I don't want to hear about the twisted, cray-cray chemistry love between EJ and Sami. Saying it is not going to make some of us see it. Same with the mixed signals EJ is giving. Although I do think he's the male Sami. Soon as Sami withholds her favors, I suspect EJ will be seeking Abby out.
And some females do equate sex with love, or at least feelings. I'm actually one of those crazy old-fashioned people who would have difficulty with someone doing me without having some sort of feeling for me (if I wasn't married, that is). And I'm 53. For some women, the act means more than the hormonal release. And I suspect that is what is supposed to be what is happening with Abby. If she was the type that accepted sex as sex, she would have lost her virginity a LONG time ago (if she was real, that is). It would be weird to have someone who has lost her virginity after high school as someone who just suddenly wants sex as sex. I would think.

Edited to add: EJ has been known to talk out of both sides of his mouth, so how is she supposed to believe him when he says to bugger off? Nicely, of course. He's not exactly reliable. Now, she SHOULD have common sense, but love is a weird thing...........
I think the reason that there's no arguing about whether EJ's actions are wrong or mature is because everybody knows they're not. Nobody is defending EJ, saying he did nothing wrong, while Abby IS being defended this way because she's not the one in the relationship. Now, there's plenty of argument as to whether EJ is leading her on or giving her mixed signals. And I see decent arguments on both sides on this one, so I don't think it's cut and dry.

As to not wanting to hear about Ejami's chemistry because saying it isn't going to make you see it, well I can appreciate that. Because that's exactly how I feel about Ejabby's so-called chemistry. The gross me out, period, regardless of how many people post about about their hotness.
Edited by tomsawyer, Feb 18 2014, 09:27 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Feb 18 2014, 05:12 PM
Halloween Family
Feb 18 2014, 05:08 PM
greeneyedgirl
Feb 18 2014, 04:48 PM
and when Abigail pushed that wine away, I think she has got to recalibrate herself (like KM said). She will probably realize that her tactics are not working to hang on to Ej and we will get her faking a pregnancy.
I took it as an anvil that she's pregnant but your recalibrating comment makes sense. It was almost like she was regrouping.

I love the Ejami love scene. The way Sami looked when she walked into the living room, she had a nice warm glow. The minimal dialogue was fantastic! The look on Ej's face shows how in love he is with Sami.
I have to say that in spite of the crap writing for Ejami lately (and really much of the last 7 years), JS is always able to convince me that EJ is in love with Sami when they're in scenes together. He sells it 100%. It's pretty much the only reason I've waded through all their shit storylines, LOL.
I know what you mean. The moment Sami put her hands on EJ's shoulders was played to perfection by James.

If anyone else were playing EJ and Sami, I probably wouldn't have lasted more than six months after I started watching again in 2009.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Feb 18 2014, 09:25 PM
The moment Sami put her hands on EJ's shoulders was played to perfection by James.

This was such a great scene. So little dialogue but so much emotion.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Feb 18 2014, 10:10 PM
:blulaugh: :lol: :chee: . That is hilarious!
Offline Profile Goto Top

nananana7
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2

:wub: This is the awesomest picture! :wub2:
You captured just the right moment.
My heart is smiling.
Edited by nananana7, Feb 18 2014, 10:23 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

nananana7
Feb 18 2014, 10:21 PM
Supergirlx2

:wub: This is the awesomest picture! :wub2:
You captured just the right moment.
My heart is smiling.
I love that they're finally dressed age appropriate.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

jaygal
Feb 18 2014, 12:11 PM
Ha! Lucas: She's gonna grab you by your blue streak...
Totally Lucas! I love my Lucas! :wub2:
Offline Profile Goto Top

marie1969

LuvingLumi
Feb 18 2014, 02:56 PM
tomsawyer
Feb 18 2014, 02:51 PM
LuvingLumi
Feb 18 2014, 02:47 PM
salem_viewer
Feb 18 2014, 02:43 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
The show doesn't write women as strong at all...so it's expected.

How many things did Ej do to Sami and she continues to come back? It's just stupid. Why should Abby have more self respect than any other female on this show? I wish the writers will have her move on but obviously she feels she needs an explanation from Ej before she does. It's totally believable behavior if you ask me.
I think he's been pretty clear in their last two conversations. She just doesn't like the message. The only explanation I have is that she's 22 and sexually inexperienced, so she doesn't get how sex and love are different.
In today's convo he might have been more clear but in the last convo he wasn't....you don't tell her to stay behind at your house for no reason. You don't rub her shoulders, say wonderful things to her, make her feel good for no reason. He is saying this and doing things to contradict that and as we know by spoilers he almost gives in at the end of the week.

and I will never believe that a person that is 22 (and btw she's more like 26) wouldn't get the difference between one or the other, if the guy didn't give her messages that make her think that maybe he doesn't mean what he's saying. HIs actions contradict his words....frankly even if I was young and in the situation that Abby is in, I would immediately question the fact that he continues to SAY he loves his fiancee while he boinks me...sorry that shit don't fly....if he loved the woman enough he wouldn't even give me the time of day.

Let me get this straight, are you saying that a person can not possibly have meaningless sex with another person while being in love with a third party? This is common practice in our society and specially in Salem. For instance, Bo was in love with Hope and yet he had an affair with Carly sorry not just an affair a relationship where he told Carly he love her. Marlena was in love with John when he slept with Roman. Chloe was in love with Daniel when she slept with phillip. Hope was in love with Bo when she slept with Patrick. Belle was in love with Shawn when she slept with Phillip.The point is all these people were having problems in their relationship when sought comfort in someone else's arms. It happens. I have never questioned their love because I knew it was meaningless sex just like Ej and the little girl.

By the way, Ej asked the little girl to stay behind that day so he could dump her. What was he supposed to do, text her? Ej was nice to her because he was trying to let her down easy to spare her feelings and he wanted to end things in an amicable way so she would not get spiteful and expose the affair. As for Ej's friendly behavior toward her, it is in character for him. He kissed Hope on the cheek for God's sake. He flirts with Wilson and tossed Justin around.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Kaha
Feb 18 2014, 05:15 PM
Jason47
Feb 18 2014, 04:02 PM
SMALL GUEST CAST THIS WEEK...

Principal Guest Stars: Week of Monday 2/17/14-Friday 2/21/14

Mary Beth Evans - Kayla Brady
Bryan Dattilo - Lucas Horton
Lauren Boles - Ciara Brady
Kevin Riggin - Rory
Allison Paige - Bev
Mark Collier - Liam Frazer
No Justin and Adrienne this week. So, I guess Sonny's parents will find out off screen.
Adrienne finds out next week and is "less than thrilled" - no surprise there
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

MissLola
Feb 18 2014, 10:18 PM
Supergirlx2
:blulaugh: :lol: :chee: . That is hilarious!
i think that one day, i need to do a whole set of mid-word caps. i can only imagine the shits & giggles that would get.
Offline Profile Goto Top

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

I thought it was really interesting that if you paid attention to what Will said, he echoed the EJami letters from last year. Will talked about not turning his back on the gift that is their love because he had tried for too long. Sami's letter mentioned understanding what a gift EJ's love for her was. He also talked about not wasting time. EJ 's letter lamented all the wasted, lost time of the past few years with Sami. Plus, Will's use of the word complicated...just like when Sami was describing the EJami relationship to Abby.

Sami mentioned that Will was always the adult in the family. I think she kind of had an "out of the mouth of babes" moment. If Will & Sonny can recognize that being together is more important than anything that goes on around them, why didn't she? Sure Kristen hurt Eric. But Sami also knows that EJ didn't have anything to do with it or know about it until after the fact. That's why I didn't see Sami going back to make love to EJ with nothing changed. Something changed for her during that conversation.

BTW: Love, Love, Love the Wilson/Lumi scene. Probably why I picked up so much of Will's monologue.
Edited by daysjahvu, Feb 18 2014, 11:01 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

marie1969

Halloween Family
Feb 18 2014, 09:39 PM
gailwinters
Feb 18 2014, 09:25 PM
The moment Sami put her hands on EJ's shoulders was played to perfection by James.

This was such a great scene. So little dialogue but so much emotion.
I loved every delicious second of that scene. It was perfection. I loved the way ej melted as Sami touched him. Sami OWNS that man heart and soul. It is like it was almost worth wading through all this disgusting crap for the past few weeks just to get to that moment. Totally worth it.

Ejami lovemaking was so damn HOT. But more than that you could feel the difference between just fucking and beautiful lovemaking between two people deeply in love. Oh the chemistry between those two is legendary.
Offline Profile Goto Top

marie1969

daysjahvu
Feb 18 2014, 10:58 PM
I thought it was really interesting that if you paid attention to what Will said, he echoed the EJami letters from last year. Will talked about not turning his back on the gift that is their love because he had tried for too long. Sami's letter mentioned understanding what a gift EJ's love for her was. He also talked about not wasting time. EJ 's letter lamented all the wasted, lost time of the past few years with Sami. Plus, Will's use of the word complicated...just like when Sami was describing the EJami relationship to Abby.

Sami mentioned that Will was always the adult in the family. I think she kind of had an "out of the mouth of babes" moment. If Will & Sonny can recognize that being together is more important than anything that goes on around them, why didn't she? Sure Kristen hurt Eric. But Sami also knows that EJ didn't have anything to do with it or know about it until after the fact. That's why I didn't see Sami going back to EJ like nothing changed. Something changed for her during that conversation.

BTW: Love, Love, Love the Wilson/Lumi scene. Probably why I picked up so much of Will's monologue.
I agree. it was so clear to me that something clicked during her convo with Will. It is like she finally had clarity and she KNEW what mattered. By the way, I loved Will's words and I think they apply to Ejami's situation so perfectly.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic