Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Tuesday, February 18th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 18 2014, 01:31 AM (14,922 Views)
EJamandBread
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Feb 18 2014, 09:25 PM
tomsawyer
Feb 18 2014, 05:12 PM
Halloween Family
Feb 18 2014, 05:08 PM
greeneyedgirl
Feb 18 2014, 04:48 PM
and when Abigail pushed that wine away, I think she has got to recalibrate herself (like KM said). She will probably realize that her tactics are not working to hang on to Ej and we will get her faking a pregnancy.
I took it as an anvil that she's pregnant but your recalibrating comment makes sense. It was almost like she was regrouping.

I love the Ejami love scene. The way Sami looked when she walked into the living room, she had a nice warm glow. The minimal dialogue was fantastic! The look on Ej's face shows how in love he is with Sami.
I have to say that in spite of the crap writing for Ejami lately (and really much of the last 7 years), JS is always able to convince me that EJ is in love with Sami when they're in scenes together. He sells it 100%. It's pretty much the only reason I've waded through all their shit storylines, LOL.
I know what you mean. The moment Sami put her hands on EJ's shoulders was played to perfection by James.

If anyone else were playing EJ and Sami, I probably wouldn't have lasted more than six months after I started watching again in 2009.
Word.

Chemistry is subjective. But what's not subjective is fan reaction, and usually two actors with zero chemistry don't ignite the level of passion in fans that ejami has (both positive and negative).

Ejami's scenes were so beautiful today, and so ejami.

Have we poked fun of Jordan for wearing plaid yet? Plaid seems to be standard issue for Rafe's girlfriends.
Offline Profile Goto Top

reaganstroller

salem_viewer
Feb 18 2014, 05:14 PM
Halloween Family
Feb 18 2014, 05:08 PM
greeneyedgirl
Feb 18 2014, 04:48 PM
and when Abigail pushed that wine away, I think she has got to recalibrate herself (like KM said). She will probably realize that her tactics are not working to hang on to Ej and we will get her faking a pregnancy.
I took it as an anvil that she's pregnant but your recalibrating comment makes sense. It was almost like she was regrouping.

I love the Ejami love scene. The way Sami looked when she walked into the living room, she had a nice warm glow. The minimal dialogue was fantastic! The look on Ej's face shows how in love he is with Sami.
I got a regrouping vibe too.
I seriously hope that's all it was. Ejabby babies can come after Sami is gone. Sami is too crazy. I can see her trying to make Abby miscarry.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

I hope that TomSell weren't implying that ejami are in any way parallel to Wilson. Will and Sonny's words were true and about an actual love story that we saw on screen. IMO, if they were trying to compare Wilson's love to Ejami's whitewashed story, it does a great disservice to the first gay couple to be married in daytime television, and if that's what the writers were going for, I think that is truly disrespectful to the work FS, CM, and GW have put into building their characters story.

Sami's letters were the opposite of what we saw on screen. These writers threw red paint on a rotting apple instead of dealing with the rot until they could try growing a new tree from it.

Posted Image
Edited by TreasureCove, Feb 18 2014, 11:31 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

marie1969

peaches179
Feb 18 2014, 03:43 PM
DiMeraFan67
Feb 18 2014, 02:19 PM
I must be wearing some serious shipper shades for the first time in my life because I haven't seen crazy Abby yet. I think people are so hellbent on this turning into a FA story that they are just seeing it take place but it isn't. She did give off clingy vibes today but that isn't crazy. She asks EJ the tough questions and he doesn't give answers. Yeah he has said that he loves Sami and just wants to be with her and that Abby needs to move on, but he also said they were a mistake and couldn't happen again then did.

I'm not saying Abby isn't lowering herself to keep sleeping with an engaged man, who is trying to push her away, but it isn't coming off nearly as stalkerish or crazy as some are acting. Again maybe my shipper shades are a little tinted here because I'm not seeing it.

Translation: The writers aren't ready to let this story end. At this point, I don't know where there're planning on going with this storyline. I agree, I don't think Abby is crazy. I think she's just confusing lust with something else.
I am not saying she is crazy.... yet. But she is starting to act like a stalker. She keeps seeking Ej out after he made it clear it is over. She is making threats and berating him and questioning his love for Sami. She has that obsessed vibe going on. I definitely think she is headed straight for crazyville.
Offline Profile Goto Top

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Feb 18 2014, 11:27 PM
I hope that TomSell weren't implying that ejami are in any way comparable to Wilson. Will and Sonny's words were true and about an actual love story that we saw on screen. IMO, trying to compare Wilson's love to Ejami's whitewashed story does a great disservice to the first gay couple to be married in daytime television, and if that's what the writers were going for, I think that is truly disrespectful to the work FS, CM, and GW have put into building their characters story.

Sami's letters were the opposite of what we saw on screen. These writers threw red paint on a rotting apple instead of dealing with the rot until they could try growing a new tree from it.

Posted Image
I don't think they are implying that at all. I believe it rings much more true for Wilson because they are young, have been through a lot together and haven't done near the things to one another that EJami has. It took me seeing it the second time to really pick up on the similar language and understand Sami's reaction to it all.

I think, for once, the writers used that monologue for 2 purposes and actually did it well without knocking us over the head with it. It was completely appropriate in the context of Wilson's relationship. And it struck a chord in Sami for different reasons. It would be nice if the writing/acting/direction were more subtle like this more often.
Edited by daysjahvu, Feb 18 2014, 11:39 PM.
Online Profile Goto Top

SummerAngel
Member Avatar
Princess

Honeybees
Feb 18 2014, 01:25 PM
Kaha
Feb 18 2014, 01:20 PM
Why is Kate still obsessed with Jordan when she has a bigger fish to fry? We're supposed to believe that Kate came to terms with being under Nick and his creepy sidekick's thumb. She sees discovering Jordan's secret more of a priority than turning the troubles on Nick.
It's bizarre writing. Kate should be doing everything she can to neutralize the Nick threat, not be worrying about Jordan.
I agree. I think Kate obsessing over Rafe is annoying now.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

Interesting that Abby considers Allie and Will EJ's family, when they're actually her family. It's kinda ironic that someone who's been blabbering about family in relation to a third cousin is not concerned about her first cousins, one of them she's known since they were babies and are supposedly very close.

Poor Abigail, having an illicit sex with EJ has addled her brain. I actually felt for her when she was wandering aimlessly at HS.
Online Profile Goto Top

camera shy

MissLola
Feb 18 2014, 10:18 PM
Supergirlx2
Feb 18 2014, 10:10 PM
:blulaugh: :lol: :chee: . That is hilarious!
He reminds me of Bill Clinton in the second picture. I guess it's the glasses.
Offline Profile Goto Top

marie1969

greeneyedgirl
Feb 18 2014, 04:45 PM
Supergirlx2
Feb 18 2014, 04:28 PM
greeneyedgirl
Feb 18 2014, 03:58 PM
I don't think there is any question who Ej is in love with. I will certainly miss the way James Scott portrays that love when he is in scenes with Alison Sweeney.
Posted Image
he looks like he's sleeping, and coming from someone who hasn't seen the episode, he could just as easily be imagining that that's Abby behind him and not Sami.
I didn't see anything that would indicate that he was wishing that was Abigail and I did watch the show. I will just hold truth that JS said he has always portrayed Ej as being in love with Sami even when the script tells him not to. Ej wants Sami.
Besides that, if Ej really wants Abby why in the world is he cutting her loose? He could continue banging her in every dark corner in Salem if he feels like it. She certainly is willing being that she has no self respect.

I could understand if Ej was some kind of good guy with strong morals wanting to do right by Sami. But Ej is a selfish prick who goes after he wants and is willing to do whatever it takes to get it. He certainly had no problem going after sami while she was committed to lucas. Let's say he does not want to hurt Sami. Hmmm, he certainly never had a problem with hurting Sami before when it suited him, it is hard to believe that someone like EJ would sacrifice what he wants to spare Sami's feelings. Why would he care since Sami had already checked out of the relationship since before the sleazy romp? let's say he is afraid to lose his kids. oh wait, he has leverage on Sami for attempting to murder Nick, so he could pretty use that to have full custody of his kids.

Honestly I am at a lost as to why he would fight for his relationship with Sami while secretely wanting the little girl knowing how difficult and high maintenance Sami can be while abby keeps throwing herself at him like sex is going out of style. I am willing to keep an open mind if somebody explains to me why would Ej give up abby for Sami if he secretly wants the little girl? Please break it down to me as if I were six year old.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Kaha
Feb 18 2014, 11:51 PM

Poor Abigail, having an illicit sex with EJ has addled her brain. I actually felt for her when she was wandering aimlessly at HS.
I felt sorry for EJ having to listen to her blather on.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

marie1969
Feb 18 2014, 10:43 PM
LuvingLumi
Feb 18 2014, 02:56 PM
tomsawyer
Feb 18 2014, 02:51 PM
LuvingLumi
Feb 18 2014, 02:47 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I think he's been pretty clear in their last two conversations. She just doesn't like the message. The only explanation I have is that she's 22 and sexually inexperienced, so she doesn't get how sex and love are different.
In today's convo he might have been more clear but in the last convo he wasn't....you don't tell her to stay behind at your house for no reason. You don't rub her shoulders, say wonderful things to her, make her feel good for no reason. He is saying this and doing things to contradict that and as we know by spoilers he almost gives in at the end of the week.

and I will never believe that a person that is 22 (and btw she's more like 26) wouldn't get the difference between one or the other, if the guy didn't give her messages that make her think that maybe he doesn't mean what he's saying. HIs actions contradict his words....frankly even if I was young and in the situation that Abby is in, I would immediately question the fact that he continues to SAY he loves his fiancee while he boinks me...sorry that shit don't fly....if he loved the woman enough he wouldn't even give me the time of day.

Let me get this straight, are you saying that a person can not possibly have meaningless sex with another person while being in love with a third party? This is common practice in our society and specially in Salem. For instance, Bo was in love with Hope and yet he had an affair with Carly sorry not just an affair a relationship where he told Carly he love her. Marlena was in love with John when he slept with Roman. Chloe was in love with Daniel when she slept with phillip. Hope was in love with Bo when she slept with Patrick. Belle was in love with Shawn when she slept with Phillip.The point is all these people were having problems in their relationship when sought comfort in someone else's arms. It happens. I have never questioned their love because I knew it was meaningless sex just like Ej and the little girl.

By the way, Ej asked the little girl to stay behind that day so he could dump her. What was he supposed to do, text her? Ej was nice to her because he was trying to let her down easy to spare her feelings and he wanted to end things in an amicable way so she would not get spiteful and expose the affair. As for Ej's friendly behavior toward her, it is in character for him. He kissed Hope on the cheek for God's sake. He flirts with Wilson and tossed Justin around.
Hold on now. Hope was completely distraught and in ridiculous amounts of physical & emotional pain from having lost Zack, seeing Bo & Billie in bed together, and thinking Bo wanted a divorce & didn't love her any more when she slept with Patrick the singular time.
I wouldn't say that Hope sought comfort in someone else's arms as if Hope sleeping with Patrick could, in any way, be compared to EJ sleeping with Abby. And Hope & Patrick didn't "just happen".

ETA: Other differences: Bo/Carly had a relationship before he cheated on Hope with her. Same can be said for Chloe/Philip, Marlena/John, and Belle/Philip. EJ & Abby have no previous relationship from which to resurface feelings.
Edited by Supergirlx2, Feb 19 2014, 12:22 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bradyclan

Wow,the way Abby is acting makes me root for Sami.

Also, great scene between Sami and EJ towards the end. It's what EJ wanted all along but he couldn't keep his hormones in check. Now, he has to deal with an irrationnal, delusional , annoying little girl.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

greeneyedgirl
Feb 19 2014, 12:32 AM
EJamandBread
Feb 18 2014, 11:06 PM
gailwinters
Feb 18 2014, 09:25 PM
tomsawyer
Feb 18 2014, 05:12 PM

I know what you mean. The moment Sami put her hands on EJ's shoulders was played to perfection by James.

If anyone else were playing EJ and Sami, I probably wouldn't have lasted more than six months after I started watching again in 2009.
Word.

Chemistry is subjective. But what's not subjective is fan reaction, and usually two actors with zero chemistry don't ignite the level of passion in fans that ejami has (both positive and negative).

Ejami's scenes were so beautiful today, and so ejami.

Have we poked fun of Jordan for wearing plaid yet? Plaid seems to be standard issue for Rafe's girlfriends.
You notice that no matter where you are or what thread you are in somehow the conversation turns to Ej and Sami. Love them or loathe them... people talk about them and that is EXACTLY what Days wants.
For crying out loud y'all. Come on.
Offline Profile Goto Top

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

marie1969
Feb 19 2014, 12:02 AM
greeneyedgirl
Feb 18 2014, 04:45 PM
Supergirlx2
Feb 18 2014, 04:28 PM
greeneyedgirl
Feb 18 2014, 03:58 PM
I don't think there is any question who Ej is in love with. I will certainly miss the way James Scott portrays that love when he is in scenes with Alison Sweeney.
Posted Image
he looks like he's sleeping, and coming from someone who hasn't seen the episode, he could just as easily be imagining that that's Abby behind him and not Sami.
I didn't see anything that would indicate that he was wishing that was Abigail and I did watch the show. I will just hold truth that JS said he has always portrayed Ej as being in love with Sami even when the script tells him not to. Ej wants Sami.
Besides that, if Ej really wants Abby why in the world is he cutting her loose? He could continue banging her in every dark corner in Salem if he feels like it. She certainly is willing being that she has no self respect.

I could understand if Ej was some kind of good guy with strong morals wanting to do right by Sami. But Ej is a selfish prick who goes after he wants and is willing to do whatever it takes to get it. He certainly had no problem going after sami while she was committed to lucas. Let's say he does not want to hurt Sami. Hmmm, he certainly never had a problem with hurting Sami before when it suited him, it is hard to believe that someone like EJ would sacrifice what he wants to spare Sami's feelings. Why would he care since Sami had already checked out of the relationship since before the sleazy romp? let's say he is afraid to lose his kids. oh wait, he has leverage on Sami for attempting to murder Nick, so he could pretty use that to have full custody of his kids.

Honestly I am at a lost as to why he would fight for his relationship with Sami while secretely wanting the little girl knowing how difficult and high maintenance Sami can be while abby keeps throwing herself at him like sex is going out of style. I am willing to keep an open mind if somebody explains to me why would Ej give up abby for Sami if he secretly wants the little girl? Please break it down to me as if I were six year old.
If they really wanted to show that Ej was actually contemplating what Abigail said about him really loving Sami then I don't think they would have shown the scenes that followed. They could of easily inserted one of their flashbacks of that conversation when Sami walked in the mansion to show that Ej was pondering the thought but they didn't. And we know they have NO problem using flashbacks. Instead they had Ej almost melt the moment she touched him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

marie1969

Supergirlx2
Feb 19 2014, 12:07 AM
marie1969
Feb 18 2014, 10:43 PM
LuvingLumi
Feb 18 2014, 02:56 PM
tomsawyer
Feb 18 2014, 02:51 PM

In today's convo he might have been more clear but in the last convo he wasn't....you don't tell her to stay behind at your house for no reason. You don't rub her shoulders, say wonderful things to her, make her feel good for no reason. He is saying this and doing things to contradict that and as we know by spoilers he almost gives in at the end of the week.

and I will never believe that a person that is 22 (and btw she's more like 26) wouldn't get the difference between one or the other, if the guy didn't give her messages that make her think that maybe he doesn't mean what he's saying. HIs actions contradict his words....frankly even if I was young and in the situation that Abby is in, I would immediately question the fact that he continues to SAY he loves his fiancee while he boinks me...sorry that shit don't fly....if he loved the woman enough he wouldn't even give me the time of day.

Let me get this straight, are you saying that a person can not possibly have meaningless sex with another person while being in love with a third party? This is common practice in our society and specially in Salem. For instance, Bo was in love with Hope and yet he had an affair with Carly sorry not just an affair a relationship where he told Carly he love her. Marlena was in love with John when he slept with Roman. Chloe was in love with Daniel when she slept with phillip. Hope was in love with Bo when she slept with Patrick. Belle was in love with Shawn when she slept with Phillip.The point is all these people were having problems in their relationship when sought comfort in someone else's arms. It happens. I have never questioned their love because I knew it was meaningless sex just like Ej and the little girl.

By the way, Ej asked the little girl to stay behind that day so he could dump her. What was he supposed to do, text her? Ej was nice to her because he was trying to let her down easy to spare her feelings and he wanted to end things in an amicable way so she would not get spiteful and expose the affair. As for Ej's friendly behavior toward her, it is in character for him. He kissed Hope on the cheek for God's sake. He flirts with Wilson and tossed Justin around.
Hold on now. Hope was completely distraught and in ridiculous amounts of physical & emotional pain from having lost Zack, seeing Bo & Billie in bed together, and thinking Bo wanted a divorce & didn't love her any more when she slept with Patrick the singular time.
I wouldn't say that Hope sought comfort in someone else's arms as if Hope sleeping with Patrick could, in any way, be compared to EJ sleeping with Abby. And Hope & Patrick didn't "just happen".

ETA: Other differences: Bo/Carly had a relationship before he cheated on Hope with her. Same can be said for Chloe/Philip, Marlena/John, and Belle/Philip. EJ & Abby have no previous relationship from which to resurface feelings.
So the history they had made the affair more meaningful and the connection deeper does it not? as opposed to Ej banging some random chick. It does not matter what the circumstances were with Bope when she gave her body to someone else who was not Bo, the point I was making is that all these people were able to have sex with someone while being in love with someone else. That fact can not be ignored.

As long as we are going to use circumstances, Ej was hurt, rejected, lonely and his relationship with Sami was in shamble when he made his mistakes, he had every reason to believe he had already lost her, not that is any excuse. By the way, I do believe Bo had sex with Carly multiple times, moved in with her at the home he once shared with Hope and told her he loved her.....while still in love with Hope. Go figure.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic