Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SON interview with Blake Berris
Topic Started: Feb 18 2014, 03:39 PM (2,622 Views)
Hugo
Member Avatar

michr544125
Feb 19 2014, 06:01 AM
Color me shocked. I really thought Blake was gone already. Sure sounds like there is a lot more in store for him past Gabi. So excited!!! I'd love to see Nick and Theresa. Those two characters make perfect sense together. Now I wonder how Gabi exits. I'm guessing jail or death. She isn't just going to leave town without Ari. Or there is a custody battle with her losing custody and decides to leave town.
I think it's more likely that Gabi leaves town (to pursue a modelling career maybe) and agrees to let the baby with WilSon most of the time. When the twins are not available to shoot, they will say Arianna is spending a few days with her mother. If this arrangement works for Daniel/Chloe/Parker, it can work for Will/Gabi/Arianna too.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

i'm glad it sounds like Blake is still there, love him! :) I still feel a bit sentimental at times for the kind, sweet guy who first started on the show, but honestly Blake's such a good actor I overall prefer him as the current Nick. He pulls off all the nuances of the character like it's nothing, and imho without turning Nick into a cartoon character.

Will&Sonny

If the writers do the predictable and get Nick to try to stop Will and Sonny's wedding, he'll likely have to reveal that Sonny has been keeping a major secret about Gabi from Will in order to do so (which Will kind of already knows -- he knows that Sonny knows a secret about Gabi, at least, but he doesn't necessarily know that it's "major"; in any case, he'll likely forgive Sonny because this was a secret that he has always known that Sonny was keeping from him, and Nick's plan will fail). If that happens, the fallout could involve legal repercussions for Gabi, and Nick would have to face the fact that his obsession with destroying a relationship between two gay men that was never any of his business to begin with ultimately led to the woman he claims to love being taken away from him -- and, more to the point, suffering the same fate that he suffered for years -- prison.

Perhaps that would lead to Nick actually getting over himself and finally changing his ways, but probably not.

Will&Sonny

That said, I'm still not entirely convinced that people aren't just jumping to conclusions after reading this interview. Blake Berris never really gives anything concrete about his current status on the show during this interview, and the part about him sticking around isn't a quote from him -- it's straight from the author of the article. Blake does talk about his final scene with Camila Banus, but that could work either way; if he were departing the show and filming his final scene with Camila before doing so, it would still be their final scene together -- it would just be happening for a different reason. And he never says that he is working with Jen Lilley; he just says that it would be fun to do so and that a lot of his fans have been asking for those two actors to interact with each other on a more regular basis. The recent work that he talks about doing with Jen could have simply been a reference to the scenes that have already aired. And Blake has been coy in other recent interviews to avoid spoiling upcoming storylines, so it would make sense for him to act like he isn't going anywhere, even if that's not really the case, simply because his departure hasn't been announced yet.

Of course, this could all just be wishful thinking on my part. :shrug:

camera shy

I have no problem with Nick getting the better of people because I think with the exception of Wilson and Gabi, people like Kate, Sami and EJ deserve to have someone beat them at their own game.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

camera shy
Feb 19 2014, 11:56 AM
people like Kate, Sami and EJ deserve to have someone beat them at their own game.
Precisely!

Crosses fingers for some Kristen/Nick interaction :wub:

Will&Sonny

camera shy
I have no problem with Nick getting the better of people because I think with the exception of Wilson and Gabi, people like Kate, Sami and EJ deserve to have someone beat them at their own game.
That would be fine (well, I'd still think that it was dumb, personally, because I don't buy for a second that Nick is the smartest man in Salem, despite what the writers seem to want me to believe...but that's not the point here) if E.J., Sami, and Kate were being allowed to play the game...but they aren't. It's always just like a paraphrasing of that line from that stupid Adam Sandler film (Big Daddy, since I realize that "that stupid Adam Sandler film" doesn't narrow things down very much) -- "Nick wins. Why? Because Nick wins."

camera shy

Will&Sonny
Feb 19 2014, 12:11 PM
camera shy
That would be fine (well, I'd still think that it was dumb, personally, because I don't buy for a second that Nick is the smartest man in Salem, despite what the writers seem to want me to believe...but that's not the point here) if E.J., Sami, and Kate were being allowed to play the game...but they aren't. It's always just like a paraphrasing of that line from that stupid Adam Sandler film (Big Daddy, since I realize that "that stupid Adam Sandler film" doesn't narrow things down very much) -- "Nick wins. Why? Because Nick wins."
Well they have been allowed to play the game a lot with other characters and come out on top. Kate forcing Chloe into prostitution, Sami......too many times to count........EJ with his part in the fakeRafe......visiting Rafe jailed down in the DiMera basement and tormenting him, but never went to prison for it.......the list goes on and on. So I say bring it on Nick.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I think Nick is the smartest man in Salem. His obvious mental issues aside, who is smarter than Nick? I don't think these writers are really having to make us believe anything because it just is.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

I liked BB/Nick when he arrived in Salem.I now love BB/Nick.I so look forward to his interactions with the notorious people in Salem like Sami,Kate,EJ,and Victor as well as his interaction with Rafe,Jordan,etc. I love watching him with them but I also like him with Gabi and baby Ari.I think he actually loves them as much as he can love anyone in this new incarnation of Nick.I was worried he would exit with Gabi.I am truly happy he is staying.I also plan to find out out his other projects.I would love to see his work outside of Days.I have never seen him in anything except Days but now I really want to see what he does off the show.

Addendum: I would love to see Nick interacting with Kristin,Stefano,Theresa,Brady,and Eve when she arrives.So much goodness to look foward to in upcoming shows.This is the first time in quite a while that I love Days and look forward to every episode because there are so many characters I actually like watching and very few that I hate enough to tune out.Happy the ratings are starting to improve to let TPTB know the two year extension was not a mistake.
Edited by BeeBee, Feb 19 2014, 12:54 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

DiMeraFan67
Feb 19 2014, 12:47 PM
I think Nick is the smartest man in Salem. His obvious mental issues aside, who is smarter than Nick? I don't think these writers are really having to make us believe anything because it just is.

Marlena is highly educated. Justin is highly educated. E.J. is highly educated. Like him or not, Daniel is highly educated and has the same knowledge of chemistry that Nick possesses. Kayla is highly educated. Will was once a computer whiz, although the writers have forgotten that and seem to want us to forget it, too. Rafe worked for the FBI at one point. I shouldn't even need to argue how Stefano Fucking DiMera is a criminal mastermind. Nick is not the only person in Salem with a brain -- he's just the only person who is allowed to use his brain in storylines that involve him. That's not interesting or fun to watch, at least not to this viewer.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

There are other very smart people in Salem, but Nick is the smartest.

MoreLucas
Member Avatar

I want to see Cassie Brady come back and get together with Nick. that would drive Kate nuts her daughter dating nick that would be a lot of drama.

waterlilly
Member Avatar

If Kristen comes back it will probably be because Eeejjjjjj needs her help with Nick, which could be kinda fun actually. Loved the interview

Yoryla
Member Avatar

SO GLAD he is still there, staying and sticking around! Also, the fact that he says 2014 is going to be a great year for Nick sounds great!

However, please, NO doppelganger storylines. This is to be the real Nick and the real Nick only.

Also, WHY haven't they gone with Nick & Theresa together?? They would be the PERFECT match! People's interest in Theresa would rise by MILES if they paired her up with Nick.

It's always so odd-sounding when they say they "don't know where the story is going" when DAYS is now being filmed five months ahead. Of course they know, they just can't tell the information, which is understandable of course.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

MoreLucas
Feb 19 2014, 10:38 PM
I want to see Cassie Brady come back and get together with Nick. that would drive Kate nuts her daughter dating nick that would be a lot of drama.
ugh, no thanks. stupid character. I always FF through her scenes on my dvds :)

Yoryla
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Feb 18 2014, 08:14 PM
I'm so thrilled that Blake is staying. I would have bet anything that he had already been gone for months. This gives me hope for some Blake and Eileen scenes once she's back. He's sad so many times how much he wishes that he got to act opposite Eileen before Kristen left but they never got the chance.
THIS!

:cheer:

I am SO hoping for at least one episode with a few Kristen/Nick scenes!

And it could easily be arranged too with Nick already in the EJ/Sami/Abigail orbit. All he would have to do is piss EJ off and have him mention about it to Kristen.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

To those worried about Will & Sonny, I really don't think there's any need.

Once Gabi's gone, I think Nick will move completely away from the Wilson orbit to other things (namely, hopefully, Theresa!)

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Also, apart from the obvious acting-wise choice of wanting to portray different characters with lots of different nuances, I don't mind the new incarnation of Nick, especially in this case, at all.

I didn't care about him at all when he was there the first time, as in, I didn't even notice him, and I hated all the characters and storylines around him, the teen scene of that time (Ugh) so there was nothing there for me.

However, when he was on the screen know with the Wilson drama, even though I detested his actions, the May Sweeps reveal scenes started the redemption of him for me. And Blake Berris did amazing work.

I'm going to say that acting-wise, next to Eileen Davidson, Blake Berris was the biggest thing in Days in 2013.
Edited by Yoryla, Feb 21 2014, 05:55 PM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I've enjoyed every version of Nick. I want to complain about how they are doing a number on the character and sometimes I start to, but then I realize how much I'm enjoying it. That's pretty much all Blake. If this same character was played by someone with Shawn Christian's abilities, I would have wanted them dead forever ago.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply