Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SON interview with Blake Berris
Topic Started: Feb 18 2014, 03:39 PM (2,612 Views)
Oak Alley
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Feb 21 2014, 05:47 PM
I've enjoyed every version of Nick. I want to complain about how they are doing a number on the character and sometimes I start to, but then I realize how much I'm enjoying it. That's pretty much all Blake. If this same character was played by someone with Shawn Christian's abilities, I would have wanted them dead forever ago.
They really are in two differents acting- leagues

I agree with @Yoryla that Blake, next to Eileen was the biggest thing in DAYS 2013!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvCoffee
Member Avatar

camera shy
Feb 19 2014, 12:22 PM
Will&Sonny
Feb 19 2014, 12:11 PM
camera shy
Feb 19 2014, 11:56 AM
I have no problem with Nick getting the better of people because I think with the exception of Wilson and Gabi, people like Kate, Sami and EJ deserve to have someone beat them at their own game.
That would be fine (well, I'd still think that it was dumb, personally, because I don't buy for a second that Nick is the smartest man in Salem, despite what the writers seem to want me to believe...but that's not the point here) if E.J., Sami, and Kate were being allowed to play the game...but they aren't. It's always just like a paraphrasing of that line from that stupid Adam Sandler film (Big Daddy, since I realize that "that stupid Adam Sandler film" doesn't narrow things down very much) -- "Nick wins. Why? Because Nick wins."
Well they have been allowed to play the game a lot with other characters and come out on top. Kate forcing Chloe into prostitution, Sami......too many times to count........EJ with his part in the fakeRafe......visiting Rafe jailed down in the DiMera basement and tormenting him, but never went to prison for it.......the list goes on and on. So I say bring it on Nick.
I don't mind if Nick gets back at any of them especially Gabi. But I hope he leaves Wilson alone ( I know I am dreaming if I think he will leave them alone). :shame:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I'm glad he's staying. He just brings those subtle nuance looks and has just the right edge and tone to his voice with pertinent lines. Good for him!

Will&Sonny

ladyofthelake
Feb 22 2014, 07:02 PM
I'm glad he's staying. He just brings those subtle nuance looks and has just the right edge and tone to his voice with pertinent lines. Good for him!
Blake Berris is being about as subtle as a train wreck with his recent acting choices, IMO, but to each their own.

DaniBlondy
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Feb 22 2014, 07:09 PM
ladyofthelake
Blake Berris is being about as subtle as a train wreck with his recent acting choices, IMO, but to each their own.
Yeh Im not a BB or Nick Fan. Nothing against him at all TBH as Twitter Friends have told me he's "Oh So Nice" but there's just something about him I just don't like.

I didn't bother to read the interview cause I could care less about Nick's storyline tbh. He's back he's got a secret woo how unexciting and he's going to screw Gabi over AGAIN or some crap like that :yawnz:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Will&Sonny
ladyofthelake
Hmmm, I figured you'd have something to say about that. Please forgive me for my enjoyment of someone I deem a worthy actor, even if his character is interfering with your favorite characters. I've enjoyed Blake for as often as he's been on this show, and yes, I think he is nuanced, but not to the extent of being a deadhead monotone. Nor is he off the wall shrill and shrieky and flappy. At least in my humble opinion. I can certainly be wrong. I've been accused of that on more than one occasion.

Will&Sonny

ladyofthelake
Feb 22 2014, 07:27 PM
Will&Sonny
ladyofthelake
Hmmm, I figured you'd have something to say about that. Please forgive me for my enjoyment of someone I deem a worthy actor, even if his character is interfering with your favorite characters. I've enjoyed Blake for as often as he's been on this show, and yes, I think he is nuanced, but not to the extent of being a deadhead monotone. Nor is he off the wall shrill and shrieky and flappy. At least in my humble opinion. I can certainly be wrong. I've been accused of that on more than one occasion.

You're no more "wrong" than I am "right", and I've never suggested otherwise. Acting is completely subjective, just like all art is, and I was simply expressing my opinion that Blake's acting has been cringe-worthy lately.

(And just to be clear, I wasn't actively complaining about Blake's acting until recently -- yes, I have always hated Nick during his latest stint on the show, but while I have never praised Blake's acting abilities the way that some people have, I also didn't find his acting objectionable in the past; he was just sort of "there" before, IMO, doing a passable but not particularly noteworthy job. However, since his return from the dead, he has been making campy, over-the-top acting choices that I simply don't appreciate. That's all. Oh, and for the record, I'd hate those campy acting choices regardless of who Nick was involved with -- I certainly hated it when James Scott was doing similarly campy things in storylines that had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Will or Sonny.)

Lil
Member Avatar

I like Nick...Can't stand Gabi or Sami...so yes, definitely looking forward to him interacting with more people...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply