Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of March 3rd; *updated 2/23*
Topic Started: Feb 19 2014, 05:09 PM (44,050 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

I'm going to find the entire article and read it before I continue posting about it... If anything the Stockholm stuff seems to be the big wtf moment unless something happens in the next few months that makes us understand what she was talking about
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Feb 27 2014, 09:41 PM
freedom
Feb 27 2014, 09:13 PM
Tripp
Feb 27 2014, 09:04 PM
six
Feb 27 2014, 08:59 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I quoted you because you said it was fine by you that an actor should receive a tweet by a "fan" telling them their character should die. I don't agree. I think that is nearly as bad (not the same level but maybe just a notich down one) in personally attacking the actor. It's a TV show. If someone hates it, then stop watching. If a portion of the show upsets someone, then FF through it.

I didn't mean to offend you personally, just stating my own opinion too.
Instead of bashing an entire fanbase of EJami fans, how about just ignoring those that don't like your storyline? And to be honest, I've seen some of the crazier tweets, and they sound like they come from tweens. Instead of whining, she should take into account the ages of some of them. I wouldn't say "FU" or be bashing some 13-15 year olds because they don't like my story. I'd ignore them.

You don't see SC, for example, whining about hateful anti-Dannifer fans on twitter.
Wait...Ali has called her own fans twisted why is KM getting heat for saying that she's gotten nasty tweets from Ejamis... It's true, why can't she express it, just like other actors have expressed how some fans react to particular stories?
Didn't James Scott flip off the Lumi fanbase at a function that they were sponsoring? And he scratched out Lumi on the program right? I didn't hear him apologize for that.

No one has seen all the crap that KM has gotten. She can say what she wants. (and that's me being totally bias cause I agree).
Edited by Aliaron, Feb 27 2014, 09:55 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Restless84
Member Avatar

Where are people getting that KM called out anyone? She didn't call out anybody.

freedom

nikki_123
Feb 27 2014, 09:46 PM
Abigail, is now concerned that she might be pregnant ?? please she was busy running all over town having unprotected sex with EJ . BTW ,EJ is as much to be blamed , how he have sex with someone other than Sami and not use protection (even if it was not planned in the first place) he should not have made it gone that far.
Yep, they are both to blame.

Too bad one of them will take 99% of the heat from Salemites, while the other one's behavior will be whitewashed.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Feb 27 2014, 09:42 PM
SoapGal1
Feb 27 2014, 09:27 PM
lysie
Feb 27 2014, 09:23 PM
SoapGal1
Feb 27 2014, 09:21 PM

Your dear friend sounds like a bitch.
TAKE THAT BACK!!!
Don't do it Lysie!!!Keep calling it as you see it!!
I'm not sure you know what you just said.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Feb 27 2014, 09:36 PM
There's a part of me that wants to scoop up Kate Mansi in a hug and give her the same schpeel I give my son. She's a young person still learning the ropes. At the same time, the "hate" that I see like "you could be prettier for your role", "looks like a drowned cat" are pretty mild--I get worse from my family. She needs to toughen up a bit and come back with something snarky like "thanks, I was going for a drowned cat in heat, Emmy here I come!"
I've seen worse than your examples and i'm not even on twitter on that much. Some so-called fans say some really vile things.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Aliaron
Feb 27 2014, 09:48 PM
LuvingLumi
freedom
Tripp

Instead of bashing an entire fanbase of EJami fans, how about just ignoring those that don't like your storyline? And to be honest, I've seen some of the crazier tweets, and they sound like they come from tweens. Instead of whining, she should take into account the ages of some of them. I wouldn't say "FU" or be bashing some 13-15 year olds because they don't like my story. I'd ignore them.

You don't see SC, for example, whining about hateful anti-Dannifer fans on twitter.
Wait...Ali has called her own fans twisted why is KM getting heat for saying that she's gotten nasty tweets from Ejamis... It's true, why can't she express it, just like other actors have expressed how some fans react to particular stories?
Didn't James Scott flip off the Lumi fanbase at a function that they were sponsoring? And he scratched out Lumi on the program right? I didn't hear him apologize for that.
I'm not going to get into the specifics of that as I know the mods don't want to deal with the back and forth that will result from that but the thing is ALL actors have said, done things that either called out their opposing fanbases at the time or as Ali did she called her own fans names... To call out KM for this is just ridiculous I think...I can see anti Ejabby's taking what she said in this article and giving her grief about that... And that's just wrong because she's pretty much just expressing the truth of the situation

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

SoapGal1
Feb 27 2014, 09:50 PM
BeeBee
SoapGal1
lysie

TAKE THAT BACK!!!
I'm not sure you know what you just said.
Lol

*the pet sits and waits, with a huge grin*

BeeBee
Member Avatar

BeeBee
SoapGal1
lysie
SoapGal1
Feb 27 2014, 09:21 PM

Your dear friend sounds like a bitch.
TAKE THAT BACK!!!
I saw your two thumbs down .I was just about to edit my post to read "unless it was six".I guess I am too late.Sorry six.

six
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
freedom
Tripp
six
Feb 27 2014, 08:59 PM

I quoted you because you said it was fine by you that an actor should receive a tweet by a "fan" telling them their character should die. I don't agree. I think that is nearly as bad (not the same level but maybe just a notich down one) in personally attacking the actor. It's a TV show. If someone hates it, then stop watching. If a portion of the show upsets someone, then FF through it.

I didn't mean to offend you personally, just stating my own opinion too.

Because the "twisted" comment was clearly meant with affection and not as a complaint?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Restless84
Feb 27 2014, 09:49 PM
Where are people getting that KM called out anyone? She didn't call out anybody.
This is why we need to read the article because as always it's getting totally blown out of proportion

six
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Feb 27 2014, 09:57 PM
BeeBee
SoapGal1
lysie

TAKE THAT BACK!!!
I saw your two thumbs down .I was just about to edit my post to read "unless it was six".I guess I am too late.Sorry six.
It wasn't me. It was Lysie, who really needs to stop calling herself names. :)

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

six
LuvingLumi
freedom
Tripp

Because the "twisted" comment was clearly meant with affection and not as a complaint?
I'm sorry but no... In my book if someone calls me twisted I'd wonder... Just saying

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Restless84
This is why we need to read the article because as always it's getting totally blown out of proportion
Yeah, I'm reserving commenting on this until I read it.

It's apparently part of another article.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 27 2014, 09:47 PM
BeeBee
SoapGal1
lysie

TAKE THAT BACK!!!
Maybe I should clarify. She's talking about me. Lol
I have totally lost my ability to read between the lines so to speak.I saw the thumbs down and thought it was six.Oh,well.I am done commenting on this set of posts.I think I am going to confine my discussion to fictional bitches,hence forth.My apologies to all.

six
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Feb 27 2014, 09:59 PM
six
LuvingLumi
freedom

I'm sorry but no... In my book if someone calls me twisted I'd wonder... Just saying
I'd consider the source and realize that after 20 years, AS isn't going to suddenly start calling fans names as insults, lol, and if she was, she'd go after her fanbases when they turn on her, not when they're in her corner.
Edited by six, Feb 27 2014, 10:06 PM.

freedom

six
LuvingLumi
freedom
Tripp

I actually think it's harder when you have more than one fanbase. I have big respect for actors like James Scott and Eric Martsolf who have multiple female fanbases and Ali Sweeney and Nadia Bjorlin who have more than one male fanbase.

It's easier when you just have one huge predominant one to put up with (Drake and Deidre come to mind).

I agree that KM is young. I like her, I just wish she didn't paint an entire fanbase with the same brush. We'll see when the article comes out.

freedom

six
Feb 27 2014, 10:03 PM
LuvingLumi
six
LuvingLumi

I'd consider the source and realize that after 20 years, AS isn't going to suddenly start calling fans names as insults, lol, and if she was, she'd go after her fanbases when they turn on her, not when they're in her corner.
And that's why I respect her.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Feb 27 2014, 10:00 PM
LuvingLumi
Restless84
Yeah, I'm reserving commenting on this until I read it.

It's apparently part of another article.
This discussion is hard to react to without the actual spoiler or comment. I'm not sure the comment is a spoiler.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

freedom
Feb 27 2014, 10:07 PM
six
Feb 27 2014, 10:03 PM
LuvingLumi
six

And that's why I respect her.
After 20 years watching Ali S, i've definitely seen her insult her own fanbase. Whether they took it as an insult was up to them.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply