Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of March 3rd; *updated 2/23*
Topic Started: Feb 19 2014, 05:09 PM (44,505 Views)
Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

six
Feb 27 2014, 09:17 PM
Tripp
Feb 27 2014, 09:04 PM
six
Feb 27 2014, 08:59 PM
Tripp
Feb 27 2014, 08:50 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I'm not sure why you've quoted me to say this when I've already said that I don't think she deserves to be personally attacked, and I never said she should silently accept bullying.
I quoted you because you said it was fine by you that an actor should receive a tweet by a "fan" telling them their character should die. I don't agree. I think that is nearly as bad (not the same level but maybe just a notich down one) in personally attacking the actor. It's a TV show. If someone hates it, then stop watching. If a portion of the show upsets someone, then FF through it.

I didn't mean to offend you personally, just stating my own opinion too.
I'm not offended. I just didn't see what your post had to do with my comment. Now I see that you apparently see that as bullying. Well, I don't think that saying mean things about someone's character counts as bullying, even if you say it to their "face." Soaps aren't just meant to make people happy. I really doubt that the show expects all of its fans to cheer Abby on as she helps EJ cheat on Sami. People who are angry, but not so angry that they want to stop watching, are having the expected reaction. They don't need to fast forward or shut up. They can give feedback, the same way the people who are loving the affair are giving feedback. And praise and hate for a story are two sides of the same coin. An actor can't take one without the other. And character bashing is a far cry from the kinds of things that are posted about actors' looks on this board. I really hope a lot of them never come here looking for feedback.
People have a right to complain if they don't like something. And I have no problem with people blowing off steam in general. Message boards are a good place to do that and if someone wants to make fun of an actor here personally, well, they can do that (unless it's against board rules). They can also post to the soap's facebook page or tweet to the show specifically. I wish people would stay to the topic of the storyline and not become vile and mean...I hate SC's acting and I don't think he's that good looking but I have never griped to the show calling his name out in anyway.

Actors receiving hate mail is nothing new. Thats been going on for years. I've never understood it, but it happens. It also was contained. The mail would come to the studio and the actor would choose a time to read through it. Sometimes if there was a concern, the studio might even have it "filtered" first for them. Now we have other avenues like twitter to use for our displeasure. If its directed straight to the studio or at a storyline/show in general. That's fine. Actors don't have to read that. But when the actor is personally targeted they can't escape that. It's there not just for their eyes but anyone wanting to do a search on their name.

Anyway, what I bolded is really what makes all the bitching and complaining and dogging on the actors (and even the show) pointless. Days knew the fans were going to be furious at this storyline. At least the fans who hate to see EJ cheat. I find it funny because it's amazing how many people are supportive of a cheating storyline. I'm sure some of it is because the idea of Ejami ending in a fiery death is reward enough. But for others, some actually see chemistry between KM and JS and am glad the show is going this direction. At least that's how I feel.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Tripp
Feb 27 2014, 10:11 PM
six
Feb 27 2014, 09:17 PM
Tripp
Feb 27 2014, 09:04 PM
six
Feb 27 2014, 08:59 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I quoted you because you said it was fine by you that an actor should receive a tweet by a "fan" telling them their character should die. I don't agree. I think that is nearly as bad (not the same level but maybe just a notich down one) in personally attacking the actor. It's a TV show. If someone hates it, then stop watching. If a portion of the show upsets someone, then FF through it.

I didn't mean to offend you personally, just stating my own opinion too.
I'm not offended. I just didn't see what your post had to do with my comment. Now I see that you apparently see that as bullying. Well, I don't think that saying mean things about someone's character counts as bullying, even if you say it to their "face." Soaps aren't just meant to make people happy. I really doubt that the show expects all of its fans to cheer Abby on as she helps EJ cheat on Sami. People who are angry, but not so angry that they want to stop watching, are having the expected reaction. They don't need to fast forward or shut up. They can give feedback, the same way the people who are loving the affair are giving feedback. And praise and hate for a story are two sides of the same coin. An actor can't take one without the other. And character bashing is a far cry from the kinds of things that are posted about actors' looks on this board. I really hope a lot of them never come here looking for feedback.
People have a right to complain if they don't like something. And I have no problem with people blowing off steam in general. Message boards are a good place to do that and if someone wants to make fun of an actor here personally, well, they can do that (unless it's against board rules). They can also post to the soap's facebook page or tweet to the show specifically. I wish people would stay to the topic of the storyline and not become vile and mean...I hate SC's acting and I don't think he's that good looking but I have never griped to the show calling his name out in anyway.

Actors receiving hate mail is nothing new. Thats been going on for years. I've never understood it, but it happens. It also was contained. The mail would come to the studio and the actor would choose a time to read through it. Sometimes if there was a concern, the studio might even have it "filtered" first for them. Now we have other avenues like twitter to use for our displeasure. If its directed straight to the studio or at a storyline/show in general. That's fine. Actors don't have to read that. But when the actor is personally targeted they can't escape that. It's there not just for their eyes but anyone wanting to do a search on their name.

Anyway, what I bolded is really what makes all the bitching and complaining and dogging on the actors (and even the show) pointless. Days knew the fans were going to be furious at this storyline. At least the fans who hate to see EJ cheat. I find it funny because it's amazing how many people are supportive of a cheating storyline. I'm sure some of it is because the idea of Ejami ending in a fiery death is reward enough. But for others, some actually see chemistry between KM and JS and am glad the show is going this direction. At least that's how I feel.

I'm not saying the complaints are productive. Personally, I don't see the need to tell an actor anything unless it's specifically about their performance, but other people do and Days has held live tweeting sessions in an effort to encourage people to contact the actors by twitter, so I think people need to expect the good and the bad sides of actor/fan interaction.

I don't find it amazing that some fans liked the cheating storyline, though. People liked Kristen raping Eric, too, since Eric was shirtless and was into it, due to the drugs. Of course that's an extreme example, but hopefully people get where I'm going with this.

spartan
Member Avatar

salempc
Feb 27 2014, 10:24 PM
Restless84
Feb 27 2014, 10:15 PM
LOL, Kate said nothing about tweets from EJamis.
lol, I didn't think she would. Hopefully she knows how to block people on Twitter and takes comfort in knowing that the worst of the insanity should be gone by the end of the year.
Or..........the insanity might stick around still tweeting vile and nasty stuff while hoping for a return to the show of their fav.

It happens.

I do think KM is learning some hard, fast lessons about how to handle herself and she's hopefully growing a thicker skin as we speak. I hope she is anyways for her sake.

Ellie

I just deleted almost a whole page of posts. I know it's frustrating that we can't post the articles verbatim on Wednesdays like we used to, but, we can't. SOD has asked of all online outlets that they do light summaries later in the week. Usually we allow posts like "Hey I got the new SOD and it says ....", but if people are going to disagree on what it says, especially about fanbases, then we have to stop the discussion until we can post it.

We'll be posting the summary in a few hours, at which point we will reopen this thread.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

WillFan
Member Avatar

TVGuide.ca Spoilers for the week of Mar 3rd

Monday
Nick threatens Sonny and blackmails Sami; Brady and Theresa spoil Eric and Nicole's date; Daniel and Jennifer's reunion has a rocky start; J.J. falls for a beautiful woman.

Tuesday
Johnny's claim that Abigail loves Rafe throws Sami; Jordan gives Rafe unexpected news; Kate gets a lead on Jordan's past; John returns to town.

Wednesday
Hope gets devastating news about Bo; Brady makes his feelings about his father's return clear; Jordan's decision confuses Rafe; Sami and Hope fight.

Thursday
Marlena tries to talk Eric out of getting involved with Nicole; Hope and Aiden warm up to each other a bit; Jennifer ends things with Liam; Rafe gives Kate good news.

Friday
Abigail learns she may be pregnant; things warm up between Eric and Nicole; Daniel tells Brady to stay away from Theresa; John and Marlena have a tense encounter.

MelMel
Member Avatar

I wonder what Nick blackmails Sami to do

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I wonder what tone Daniel will strike with Brady. I'm sure he'll be caring and understanding, with the utmost compassion for his friend's problems. I'm sure he won't be smug and self-righteous or anything like that.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Double post!! Delete. Really peculiar site hiccup, too.
Edited by Honeybees, Mar 1 2014, 08:21 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

J.J. falls for a beautiful woman

Wow that is quick.... i hope Bev gets rid of her.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Never mind. Not timely :-)
Edited by ladyofthelake, Mar 1 2014, 09:35 PM.

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Can you feel this magic in the air? It must have been the way you kissed me... It must have been the way... Today was a fairytale...

tomsawyer
Feb 19 2014, 05:09 PM
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Sami and Hope get into a heated argument over Samiís actions.
After last Thursday's episode, I cannot wait for this! :chee: :chee: Since John gives Hope Bo's letter on that same day, she probably reads it and it puts her in a SUPER SOUR mood. Oooohhhhhh nelly! LOL

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply