Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday Feb. 20th: Classic show: Night Sins
Topic Started: Feb 19 2014, 11:27 PM (1,556 Views)
Ellie

No Days today, but join us for a discussion of classic clips! Today's discussion is the prime time special Night Sins. The clips below are the special in its entirety. Watch some or watch all, enjoy, and join the discussion!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

Sweet! Can't wait to watch this later. :popcorn:

freedom

John and Marlena
Carrie and Austin
The beginning of Sami's decent into villainhood

Classic and highly entertaining

Sable Colby
Member Avatar

Top to bottom one of the best Days episodes ever. Sami seeing John/Marlena on the Titan conference room table--what an epic scene. The first (and possibly last?) time I ever felt bad for Samantha Gene.

lysie
Member Avatar

I love that the feel of this episode is different. It reminds me of every TV movie I watched in the 90s, lol.

Ellie

lysie
Feb 20 2014, 01:17 AM
I love that the feel of this episode is different. It reminds me of every TV movie I watched in the 90s, lol.
I totally agree. I remember Deidre saying in an interview before this that their goal was to make a special which a non-viewer of Days could follow and enjoy. I think they succeeded! I wish they'd be able to try something like this again now.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Cannot wait!

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Will definitely watch this later!

angie37
Member Avatar

Everything about this episode was on point. There wasn't one thing I didn't enjoy even if I wasn't crazy about all the characters at the time. I can remember picking my jaw up from the floor when John and Doc hit that table while Roman was elsewhere occupied and Sami came a lookin. Like someone else, that was one of the few times that I was concerned about and felt bad for Samantha.

Seeing this just makes me miss the good old days even more. :shame:

peaches179

One of my favorite episodes. Love Jack taking digs at Victor.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

One of my all time favorite episodes....

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Love this episode!

I figured maybe someone wanted to have the whole thing leading up to it (this aired in the Daytime)... so I uploaded what I had.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/1551d8ze611b/nightsinspt1.avi
http://www.filefactory.com/file/2llenuh1eujt/nightsinspt2.avi
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Amazing episode...I remember it well.

I especially loved having the SOD Awards follow each of these primetime episodes and watching DAYS walk away with almost every award in sight :)

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Feb 20 2014, 11:49 AM

I especially loved having the SOD Awards follow each of these primetime episodes and watching DAYS walk away with almost every award in sight :)
Even though nothing will ever beat the MTS eyeroll. That has to be giffed. Someone has to have it.

Favorite part of the Night Sins episode?

Quote:

MARLENA: "You know what... Maybe Carrie 's right, I... I don't feel very well... I think I'll just go home..."

She moves to leave but he stops her with...

JOHN: "Doc, what do you know about Zen?"

Marlena turns around, confused.

MARLENA: "About what?"

JOHN: "Zen. As in Buddhism. It's very complicated, yet it's very simple at the same time. Like the story of the man who wanted to know who Buddha was. So he asked him, 'Are you a god?' And Buddha said, 'No'. So he asked him, 'Are you an angel?' And once again Buddha said 'No'. So he said, 'You must be a saint...' And for the third time Buddha replied, 'No'. So the man said, 'What are you?' And Buddha looked at him and said, 'I am awake!' That's what the word 'Buddha' means...'awake'. The whole thing started with one man who woke up."

MARLENA: "Why are you telling me that story?"

JOHN: "Because that's how I feel when I'm with you Doc, awake, alive, and nothing and nobody on this earth makes me feel that way."

MARLENA: "Don't do this to me."

JOHN: "Now I know you want to go and I'm not gonna' stop you, but please, there is one thing I need to say, alright?"

Marlena waits to hear him finish.

JOHN: "You knew what I was going through when Isabella died. How I was walking around like a zombie, I was dead inside. That night on the plane when you and I made love...you gave me life again, Doc! And if nothing more comes out of this I just want to say 'Thank you'."

Marlena listens, torn between love and sorrow over his words, knowing she should go but not wanting to leave. Turning she gazes down and feels him coming to stand beside her...

JOHN: "If you want me to leave, I will."

He reaches to gently take her chin in his hand, turning her beautiful face towards him so that she must meet his eyes.

JOHN: "Is that what you want?"

She looks at him as he strokes her cheek, mesmerized but unable to speak.

JOHN: "I mean it, Doc. If you want me to leave, I'll walk out that door right now and as hard as it may be, I'll stay out of your life... If that's what you want."

He looks deeply into her eyes, searching for her response...

JOHN: "Do you want me to go?"
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

peaches179

Mitchapalooza

I forgot about that! Those were the days (pun intended :blulaugh: ) when I looked forward to watching the Daytime awards.

peaches179

The Room Stops
Feb 20 2014, 11:54 AM
Mitchapalooza

Even though nothing will ever beat the MTS eyeroll. That has to be giffed. Someone has to have it.

Favorite part of the Night Sins episode?

Quote:

MARLENA: "You know what... Maybe Carrie 's right, I... I don't feel very well... I think I'll just go home..."

She moves to leave but he stops her with...

JOHN: "Doc, what do you know about Zen?"

Marlena turns around, confused.

MARLENA: "About what?"

JOHN: "Zen. As in Buddhism. It's very complicated, yet it's very simple at the same time. Like the story of the man who wanted to know who Buddha was. So he asked him, 'Are you a god?' And Buddha said, 'No'. So he asked him, 'Are you an angel?' And once again Buddha said 'No'. So he said, 'You must be a saint...' And for the third time Buddha replied, 'No'. So the man said, 'What are you?' And Buddha looked at him and said, 'I am awake!' That's what the word 'Buddha' means...'awake'. The whole thing started with one man who woke up."

MARLENA: "Why are you telling me that story?"

JOHN: "Because that's how I feel when I'm with you Doc, awake, alive, and nothing and nobody on this earth makes me feel that way."

MARLENA: "Don't do this to me."

JOHN: "Now I know you want to go and I'm not gonna' stop you, but please, there is one thing I need to say, alright?"

Marlena waits to hear him finish.

JOHN: "You knew what I was going through when Isabella died. How I was walking around like a zombie, I was dead inside. That night on the plane when you and I made love...you gave me life again, Doc! And if nothing more comes out of this I just want to say 'Thank you'."

Marlena listens, torn between love and sorrow over his words, knowing she should go but not wanting to leave. Turning she gazes down and feels him coming to stand beside her...

JOHN: "If you want me to leave, I will."

He reaches to gently take her chin in his hand, turning her beautiful face towards him so that she must meet his eyes.

JOHN: "Is that what you want?"

She looks at him as he strokes her cheek, mesmerized but unable to speak.

JOHN: "I mean it, Doc. If you want me to leave, I'll walk out that door right now and as hard as it may be, I'll stay out of your life... If that's what you want."

He looks deeply into her eyes, searching for her response...

JOHN: "Do you want me to go?"

:cloud9:

Sweet and Salty

Why no Days today? Will tomorrow still be Cliffhanger Friday, or are we gonna be off a day now?!

Ellie

Sweet and Salty
Feb 20 2014, 01:03 PM
Why no Days today? Will tomorrow still be Cliffhanger Friday, or are we gonna be off a day now?!
This was a previously scheduled preemption because of the Olympics. Nothing will be 'off' at all, no worries. The only time the episodes are thrown off is when it's an unexpected preemption, like Obama speaks because of a news event.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Ellie
Feb 20 2014, 02:29 PM
Sweet and Salty
Feb 20 2014, 01:03 PM
This was a previously scheduled preemption because of the Olympics. Nothing will be 'off' at all, no worries. The only time the episodes are thrown off is when it's an unexpected preemption, like Obama speaks because of a news event.
Yes, this was scheduled. We have some preemptions coming up in May and June for the French Open tennis tournament (3 preemptions), but those are scheduled too, so they won't "throw off" the cliffhangers to another day either. The only ones that "throw off" the show are for unscheduled, breaking news reports.

For a fun fact, if you haven't visited my Days preemption page before, there have been 192 scheduled preemptions and 130 unscheduled special preemptions, for a total of 322 preemptions in Days history. The full list is here:

http://www.jason47.com/days/preemptions.html

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

Sideburns!Jack. :wub2: :wub:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply