Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday Feb. 20th: Classic show: Night Sins
Topic Started: Feb 19 2014, 11:27 PM (1,507 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

Ellie
Feb 20 2014, 01:26 AM
lysie
Feb 20 2014, 01:17 AM
I love that the feel of this episode is different. It reminds me of every TV movie I watched in the 90s, lol.
I totally agree. I remember Deidre saying in an interview before this that their goal was to make a special which a non-viewer of Days could follow and enjoy. I think they succeeded! I wish they'd be able to try something like this again now.
Sadly, we did pretty bad in the ratings for all 3 primetime episodes, so that probably won't be happening anytime soon.

The primetime ratings charts for the 5 episodes aired in primetime are on this page of my site (2 "daytime" episodes were aired at night due to the lengthy OJ Simpson trial preemptions):

http://www.jason47.com/days/primetimeratings.html

"Night Sins" did have some pretty big competition though when it aired. The Wizard of Oz was only airing once annually on CBS back then, so that always did somewhat big ratings, and it was also up against a Family Matters episode (based on the title, it looks like it was the episode where the grandmother got married, so that placed 25th), while Days placed 72nd (out of 87 shows for that week):

Timeslot....Title (Network)...................................Viewers......Rating......Share......Rank
8:00 Family Matters: "Mama's Wedding" (ABC).......23.1..........13.8.........23...........25
Movie: "The Wizard of Oz" (CBS) (repeat)...............23.4..........13.2.........22...........32
America's Most Wanted (FOX)...............................11.9............8.3.........14...........68
Days of Our Lives: "Night Sins" (NBC).................10.6............7.9.........13...........72
8:30 Step By Step: "Aloha, Part 2" (ABC)...............23.2...........13.4........22...........28

I just looked over a recent Nielsen ratings chart, and Hawaii Five-0 placed 11th with 10.6 million viewers, so 10.6 million viewers is good for 11th place nowadays, but back then, it was only good for 72nd place!!
Edited by Jason47, Feb 21 2014, 12:07 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply