Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Adrienne reacts to Sonny's engagement
Topic Started: Feb 21 2014, 02:28 AM (3,029 Views)
Ellie

This week's issue of Soap Opera Digest features an article about Adrienne and Sonny.

Adrienne thinks Sonny and Will are rushing things a bit by getting engaged. Judi Evans explains that Adrienne is also still concerned about Will's family.

Adrienne then realizes that Sami also has reservations about the engagement. She tries to get Sami on her side, but Sami and Adrienne can't agree on an approach. Sami wants Adrienne to pretend she's happy about it.

Adrienne then tries to talk with Justin, but he's of the opinion that Sonny is old enough to make his own decisions...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DOOLette
Member Avatar

Ellie
Feb 21 2014, 02:28 AM
This week's issue of Soap Opera Digest features an article about Adrienne and Sonny.

Adrienne thinks Sonny and Will are rushing things a bit by getting engaged. Judi Evans explains that Adrienne is also still concerned about Will's family.

Adrienne then realizes that Sami also has reservations about the engagement. She tries to get Sami on her side, but Sami and Adrienne can't agree on an approach. Sami wants Adrienne to pretend she's happy about it.

Adrienne then tries to talk with Justin, but he's of the opinion that Sonny is old enough to make his own decisions...
:::biting down HARD on a towel to keep from screaming and waking hubby up:::SHUT UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP Adrienne and Sami!!!!!!!!

Will&Sonny

Predictable. And ultimately a waste of time, since we basically know that the wedding will happen whether Adrienne likes it or not. She needs to get over herself and just be happy for her son, especially since the Johnson and Kiriakis families each live in glass houses themselves.

That said, I'd rather watch this than Nick's reaction to the engagement any day of the week.

michr544125

Wow color me shocked, an actual spoiler article in this regarding Will and Sonny's engagement. I'll take this. This at least some conflict, Adrienne and Justin are involved and seems Adrienne and Sami are kind of on the same side. Can't wait to watch even if it only lasts an episode :blulaugh: .

Honeybees
Member Avatar

If I were Sonny's mother, I'd be happy for any legal tie, including being a stepparent, to the child he's raised from birth but has no legal right to whatsoever. If something happened to Will, Gabi could marry Nick and move across country and cut Sonny out of Ari's life with no recourse on Sonny's part. At least as a stepparent, the tie will be weak but it's better than nothing.

But at least Adrienne's being consistent in focusing on her dislike of Will's family.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Rushing things,they've been together for what a year or so?Adrienne,like your family is totally sane.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Justin will be on soon too? Mmmmm, yeah, that's all I got. She's being written SO out of character it's not even funny....

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I hope this Justin/Adrienne scene takes place onscreen. I need Wally Kurth on my TV. I have no issue with Adrienne feeling this way because she wasn't thrilled with their relationship and marriage is a massive step. I do think its dumb of her to go to Sami though because Sami is just going to think she's insulting Will again.

Will&Sonny

Honeybees
Feb 21 2014, 06:40 AM
If I were Sonny's mother, I'd be happy for any legal tie, including being a stepparent, to the child he's raised from birth but has no legal right to whatsoever. If something happened to Will, Gabi could marry Nick and move across country and cut Sonny out of Ari's life with no recourse on Sonny's part. At least as a stepparent, the tie will be weak but it's better than nothing.

But at least Adrienne's being consistent in focusing on her dislike of Will's family.
It's interesting -- and more than a little hypocritical -- that Adrienne complains about Will's family and Sonny being tied down at a young age to a baby that isn't his while simultaneously doting on that baby and treating it like a grandchild. I think that someone needs to make Adrienne realize that, whether she wants to admit it or not, she is just as attached to Sonny being a part of Will's life -- and more to the point, Arianna's life -- as Sonny is.

Kaha
Member Avatar

My problem with Adrienne is she's so fickle and changes how she feels about Will constantly. Last we saw her with WilSon she was on an apology tour, and was gushing about Will and Sonny's love for one another and was calling Arianna he granddaughter. She needs to accept that her son loves Will and that they've already acting like a married couple. She should've expected it.

I hope Justin talks some sense into her. Adrienne, listen to your husband.

I want Sonny to have an onscrean converstation with Victor and his parents. I would love to see Victor's reaction.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Gasp...are we actually going to SEE Justin? Lol...

cryin4days

Kaha
Feb 21 2014, 09:19 AM
My problem with Adrienne is she's so fickle and changes how she feels about Will constantly. Last we saw her with WilSon she was on an apology tour, and was gushing about Will and Sonny's love for one another and was calling Arianna he granddaughter. She needs to accept that her son loves Will and that they've already acting like a married couple. She should've expected it.

I want Sonny to have an onscrean converstation with Victor and his parents. I would love to see Victor's reaction.
In fairness, Adrienne didn't call Ari her granddaughter, Will did.

What I found most interesting wasn't that Adrienne is not in favor of the marriage (that was expected), but that Sami seems to be faking happiness over the news. Seems she is in agreement with Adrienne but she wants to approach it differently. The "just play along" stood out to me.

freedom

Whatever you say Adrienne

Kaha
Member Avatar

cryin4days
Feb 21 2014, 10:05 AM
Kaha
Feb 21 2014, 09:19 AM

In fairness, Adrienne didn't call Ari her granddaughter, Will did.

What I found most interesting wasn't that Adrienne is not in favor of the marriage (that was expected), but that Sami seems to be faking happiness over the news. Seems she is in agreement with Adrienne but she wants to approach it differently. The "just play along" stood out to me.
Will did refer to Ari as Adrienne's granddaughter but that was after Adrienne almost said it. She stopped herself when she realized what she was about to say, and Will completed the sentence for her. In any case, the scene indicates that both Justin and Adrianne consider Ari to be their granddaughter and there was some dialogue about Adrienne baby sitting Ari or the babysitter having her number incase anything comes up. So, it's clear they consider her as part of their family, so why doesn't Adrienne expect that Will and Sonny will end up getting married? Also, how is their committed relationship different from marriage other than the legality.

Adrienne was right to be concerned about Will and Sonny moving too fast, and about her son being tied down to an instant family at such a young age. She lost that battle, so she should just accept it and let him make his own mistakes.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Could careless about Sonny and Will, all I got out of this was possibly seeing Justin. Yay! Adrienne is still an idiot, Sami is still a bitch and Sonny/Will bore me. Give me more justin, and Sonny with his parents than I would care.
Edited by Mirage75, Feb 21 2014, 01:22 PM.

LuvCoffee
Member Avatar

DOOLette
Feb 21 2014, 04:26 AM
Ellie
Feb 21 2014, 02:28 AM

:::biting down HARD on a towel to keep from screaming and waking hubby up:::SHUT UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP Adrienne and Sami!!!!!!!!
:iagree: Agree 100%. Why can't they leave Will and Sonny alone. :bleep:

nanasmiles

Adrienne needs to remember how she felt when she butted her nose in before and Sonny cut her from his life. And she needs to remember that it IS his life. I can't wait until Gabi is gone and Will and Sonny are raising Ari alone. I want Will to be given full custody with Gabi gone. I hope some blathering idiot doesn't try to take Ari from Will and use his sexual orientation as an excuse. That would just piss me off completely.

iheartwilson
Member Avatar

nanasmiles
Feb 21 2014, 06:15 PM
Adrienne needs to remember how she felt when she butted her nose in before and Sonny cut her from his life. And she needs to remember that it IS his life. I can't wait until Gabi is gone and Will and Sonny are raising Ari alone. I want Will to be given full custody with Gabi gone. I hope some blathering idiot doesn't try to take Ari from Will and use his sexual orientation as an excuse. That would just piss me off completely.
That would upset me, too, but having someone try and take Ari away because Will is gay would be soapy goodness (and unfortunately realistic). I just don't know who in Salem would actually try that. So I think Ari is safe with WilSon. They deserve to be a family.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

iheartwilson
Feb 21 2014, 09:44 PM
nanasmiles
Feb 21 2014, 06:15 PM
That would upset me, too, but having someone try and take Ari away because Will is gay would be soapy goodness (and unfortunately realistic). I just don't know who in Salem would actually try that. So I think Ari is safe with WilSon. They deserve to be a family.
Nick would try to take her away.

michr544125

Please don't tell me that we don't get to see Sonny tell both of his parents together? Such crap if we only get to see Adrienne tell Justin through her bitching about it. It sure doesn't sound like Justin is around when Sonny tells Adrienne. This is a a same sex marriage and once again it seems like Days want to downplay this instead of making this a landmark story.

I don't get it. Is there a reason that Days almost never shows Sonny with both of his parents at the same time? I've questioned this before. There really seems to be some kine of veto against them all being in scenes together. I guess too many Kiriakis characters is a not allowed or something?
Edited by michr544125, Feb 21 2014, 11:40 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply