Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Adrienne reacts to Sonny's engagement
Topic Started: Feb 21 2014, 02:28 AM (3,244 Views)
LuvCoffee
Member Avatar

nanasmiles
Feb 21 2014, 06:15 PM
Adrienne needs to remember how she felt when she butted her nose in before and Sonny cut her from his life. And she needs to remember that it IS his life. I can't wait until Gabi is gone and Will and Sonny are raising Ari alone. I want Will to be given full custody with Gabi gone. I hope some blathering idiot doesn't try to take Ari from Will and use his sexual orientation as an excuse. That would just piss me off completely.
:iagree: I agree, I am sick of Gabi and can't wait till she's gone. I too want Will and Sonny to raise Ari. Hope Nick doesn't mess that up. Gabi is dumb enough to give him custody before he pays her back. :poof:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvCoffee
Member Avatar

kay
Feb 21 2014, 11:35 PM
iheartwilson
Feb 21 2014, 09:44 PM
nanasmiles
Adrienne needs to remember how she felt when she butted her nose in before and Sonny cut her from his life. And she needs to remember that it IS his life. I can't wait until Gabi is gone and Will and Sonny are raising Ari alone. I want Will to be given full custody with Gabi gone. I hope some blathering idiot doesn't try to take Ari from Will and use his sexual orientation as an excuse. That would just piss me off completely.
That would upset me, too, but having someone try and take Ari away because Will is gay would be soapy goodness (and unfortunately realistic). I just don't know who in Salem would actually try that. So I think Ari is safe with WilSon. They deserve to be a family.
Nick would try to take her away.
That's what I thought too. :censored: He going to make Will, Sonny pay. Gabi is dumb enough to go along with it. :facepalm: When is the actress who plays Gabi last air date. :shrug: I wish Gabi would leave soon. :sailing:

Kaha
Member Avatar

LuvCoffee
Feb 22 2014, 12:21 AM
kay
iheartwilson
nanasmiles
That would upset me, too, but having someone try and take Ari away because Will is gay would be soapy goodness (and unfortunately realistic). I just don't know who in Salem would actually try that. So I think Ari is safe with WilSon. They deserve to be a family.
That's what I thought too. :censored: He going to make Will, Sonny pay. Gabi is dumb enough to go along with it. :facepalm: When is the actress who plays Gabi last air date. :shrug: I wish Gabi would leave soon. :sailing:
So, what do you think Gabi will do?

I've been thinking that Nick might convince Gabi that Sonny and Will will take Ari away from her once they get married and it's better for her if she married him and then they seek full custody of Ari. I don't think he'll use Will's sexual orientation against him since he's pretending to be a good guy. He won't be able to use Will relinquishing his parental rights since Will's name is on Ari's birth certificate, and it was filed with the appropriate office. That supersedes the documents Will signed (I actually checked with my brother who's a lawyer because I have no life). Also, I don't see Will succumbing to blackmail. When Will confronted Nick about what he did, he said that the one thing he hated the most was that Nick made a coward out of him. I don't see Will negotiating his rights where Ari is concerned. He will fight and won't let Nick manipulate him, even after he finds out that Nick still has a recording of his confession. Although, I am hoping it's deep in the river with his back-pack.
Edited by Kaha, Feb 22 2014, 02:11 AM.

Nate
Member Avatar

I thought we were over Adrienne vs the Hortons. Ugh.

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

They make Adrienne so fickle. One day she loves Wilson, the next day she doesn't. I wish they would pick one and stick with it.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Ellie
Feb 21 2014, 02:28 AM
This week's issue of Soap Opera Digest features an article about Adrienne and Sonny.

Adrienne thinks Sonny and Will are rushing things a bit by getting engaged. Judi Evans explains that Adrienne is also still concerned about Will's family.

Adrienne then realizes that Sami also has reservations about the engagement. She tries to get Sami on her side, but Sami and Adrienne can't agree on an approach. Sami wants Adrienne to pretend she's happy about it.

Adrienne then tries to talk with Justin, but he's of the opinion that Sonny is old enough to make his own decisions...
!! :sleep: :shame: way to boringly predictable. More shocking would be if Adrienne approved and wanted to start planning the wedding.

I think your biggest approvers will be

Of course the Dads
Abigal
EJ
Maggie
Marlena (that's a given)
RomanAdrienne disapproves? I'm shocked...shocked....SHOCKED...I read this to see if I would be shocked...and I'm shocked
& Maybe Victor will warn Sonny, but tell him he only wants to see him happy.

I think Jen will object (though who cares), Caroline object about the sanctity of marriage being between a man and a woman someone of course will go there... and she's seems the most predictible

am103
Member Avatar

Wake me up when Justin and Adrienne have a REAL story.

WilSon
Member Avatar

Kaha
Feb 22 2014, 12:56 AM
LuvCoffee
kay
iheartwilson

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I've been thinking that Nick might convince Gabi that Sonny and Will will take Ari away from her once they get married and it's better for her if she married him and then they seek full custody of Ari. I don't think he'll use Will's sexual orientation against him since he's pretending to be a good guy. He won't be able to use Will relinquishing his parental rights since Will's name is on Ari's birth certificate, and it was filed with the appropriate office. That supersedes the documents Will signed (I actually checked with my brother who's a lawyer because I have no life). Also, I don't see Will succumbing to blackmail. When Will confronted Nick about what he did, he said that the one thing he hated the most was that Nick made a coward out of him. I don't see Will negotiating his rights where Ari is concerned. He will fight and won't let Nick manipulate him, even after he finds out that Nick still has a recording of his confession. Although, I am hoping it's deep in the river with his back-pack.
If nick does use that, ten Sonny has some HUGE ammo to come back with and send Gabi to prison too which means Abby and Sonny would raise her if they both got sent down.

Will&Sonny

WilSon
Feb 22 2014, 02:27 PM
Kaha
LuvCoffee
kay

If nick does use that, ten Sonny has some HUGE ammo to come back with and send Gabi to prison too which means Abby and Sonny would raise her if they both got sent down.
Yes, that's logically what one would expect to see happen, but that's not what the writers allowed to happen the last time that we saw that storyline play out -- Sonny just sat back and watched as Will was blackmailed into giving up the parental rights to Arianna, because Sonny "couldn't" say anything due to the agreement between Chad and Nick. Sonny could have shot that whole thing down in a heartbeat if he had countered Nick's blackmail with some blackmail of his own, and I'm sure that Chad -- Will's best friend, who never took too kindly to homophobes (or Gabi, for that matter) -- would have been more than happy to put his freedom on the line to protect Will if he had known what Nick was doing to Will, especially since Nick wouldn't have been able to take Sonny, Chad, and Will down without taking Gabi -- the woman Nick was claiming to love at that point -- down with them.

But as I've said all along, the writers don't go the logical route where Nick is concerned -- they go with whatever suits their agenda, regardless of how contrived it truly is.

WilSon
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Feb 22 2014, 06:43 PM
WilSon
Kaha
LuvCoffee

Yes, that's logically what one would expect to see happen, but that's not what the writers allowed to happen the last time that we saw that storyline play out -- Sonny just sat back and watched as Will was blackmailed into giving up the parental rights to Arianna, because Sonny "couldn't" say anything due to the agreement between Chad and Nick. Sonny could have shot that whole thing down in a heartbeat if he had countered Nick's blackmail with some blackmail of his own, and I'm sure that Chad -- Will's best friend, who never took too kindly to homophobes (or Gabi, for that matter) -- would have been more than happy to put his freedom on the line to protect Will if he had known what Nick was doing to Will, especially since Nick wouldn't have been able to take Sonny, Chad, and Will down without taking Gabi -- the woman Nick was claiming to love at that point -- down with them.

But as I've said all along, the writers don't go the logical route where Nick is concerned -- they go with whatever suits their agenda, regardless of how contrived it truly is.
That is why i tend to prefer the writing of UK soaps, they tend to think more logically, dont get me write the writing on US soaps is great just not as great as a soap from the UK.

Take Eastenders for instance they have just brought back a fan favourite character after 4 years of being away but because she has a past that could get sent to prison the writers have taken about 2 full weeks to bring her back because she cannot just waltz back on the square after killing someone and 'Stabbing' another. They have had a great 2 weeks of bringing her back and she isnt back 100% until this monday/tuesday! It has been gripping stuff!

I just think they should look how the UK writes their soaps, I know it is more glamourous and scandalous then the UK but just follow the writers for their logic.

But i cant wait for all the WilSon scenes this week! I hope we get some together!

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
WilSon
Kaha
LuvCoffee

Chad -- Will's best friend, who never took too kindly to homophobes (or Gabi, for that matter) -- would have been more than happy to put his freedom on the line to protect Will if he had known what Nick was doing to Will, especially since Nick wouldn't have been able to take Sonny, Chad, and Will down without taking Gabi -- the woman Nick was claiming to love at that point -- down with them.

Some risk to Chad :glare: Chad was under a lot of stress because Melanie had just been rescued after being kidnapped, during which Chad had been worried sick about her.

Melanie suddenly disappears again, and while searching for her he finds the man who just got out of prison for murdering Melanie's father and kidnapping Melanie, with something(scarf? hat?) she had been wearing the last time he saw her. He freaked out, snapped, and beat him up trying to get Nick to tell him where she was.

Chad had his spotless criminal record, extenuating circumstances, The Dimera fortune, and his heroic actions in the tunnels on his side. He was facing no more than a tiny slap on the wrist, if even that.

Will&Sonny

TreasureCove
Feb 22 2014, 07:28 PM
Will&Sonny
WilSon
Kaha

Chad -- Will's best friend, who never took too kindly to homophobes (or Gabi, for that matter) -- would have been more than happy to put his freedom on the line to protect Will if he had known what Nick was doing to Will, especially since Nick wouldn't have been able to take Sonny, Chad, and Will down without taking Gabi -- the woman Nick was claiming to love at that point -- down with them.

Some risk to Chad :glare: Chad was under a lot of stress because Melanie had just been rescued after being kidnapped, during which Chad had been worried sick about her.

Melanie suddenly disappears again, and while searching for her he finds the man who just got out of prison for murdering Melanie's father and kidnapping Melanie, with something(scarf? hat?) she had been wearing the last time he saw her. He freaked out, snapped, and beat him up trying to get Nick to tell him where she was.

Chad had his spotless criminal record, extenuating circumstances, The Dimera fortune, and his heroic actions in the tunnels on his side. He was facing no more than a tiny slap on the wrist, if even that.
Exactly, which is yet another one of the contrivances surrounding Nick.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Feb 22 2014, 08:11 PM
TreasureCove
Will&Sonny
WilSon

Exactly, which is yet another one of the contrivances surrounding Nick.
It was the same for me when Will, who had been an outright badass (if weasel-y) when he was working for EJ, suddenly turned spineless and allowed Nick to blackmail him out of custody of his child? I got that at first Will was overwhelmed and insecure about being a parent, but he shot EJ when he was an emotionally distressed minor and Lucas, Hope and everyone else should have rallied around him to reveal the truth.

Adrienne, of course, has also been written in a contrived way to provide Wilson angst. She seems to have forgotten that both the Johnsons and Kiriakises have a long and troubled history. Back in the day, Adrienne was always a compassionate person willing to give others the benefit of the doubt.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
WilSon
Kaha
LuvCoffee

That plot was filled with more holes than Swiss cheese. First, Chad had no criminal record, he would have gotten community service the most. He would never go to jail for fighting someone. Gabi (his nemesis) was the only witness. Second, no lawyer will ever write an agreement like that. It's basically cover-up of a crime. And most of all, we're supposed to believe that Sonny will choose Chad over his boyfriend. Will had more at stake than Chad, yet Sonny kept his silence while Will lost his daughter.

Sonny had the upper hand. He could've said to Nick: Let's see, you're a convict, who's currently on parole. Part of the conditions of your probation is that you don't brake the law. Guess what, blackmail is against the law. Second, you use that recording (which is not even admissible in a criminal court), Gabi's crime becomes public. Your choice asshole? And let's see how much support you get from your family once they find out that you're blackmailing your own cousin into giving up his own child, because you're a homophobic nutcase.

The writers will never do that because they won't have months and months of dialogue and drama.

Also, knowing Sami's history, she would've found out Nick's parole conditions. And once she found out, she would've ploted to make sure that he broke one of those conditions.

You know what else didn't make sense? Everyone hiding it from Kate. The old Kate would've probably drugged Nick and made him hooked on drugs again and insured that he was back in jail or blackmailed him.

Edited by Kaha, Feb 23 2014, 09:43 AM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Will&Sonny
WilSon
Kaha

Ha. We had the same thought but you said it better.

iheartwilson
Member Avatar

michr544125
Feb 21 2014, 11:40 PM
Please don't tell me that we don't get to see Sonny tell both of his parents together? Such crap if we only get to see Adrienne tell Justin through her bitching about it. It sure doesn't sound like Justin is around when Sonny tells Adrienne. This is a a same sex marriage and once again it seems like Days want to downplay this instead of making this a landmark story.

I don't get it. Is there a reason that Days almost never shows Sonny with both of his parents at the same time? I've questioned this before. There really seems to be some kine of veto against them all being in scenes together. I guess too many Kiriakis characters is a not allowed or something?
I wish Sonny would be shown more with both parents at the same time, but I don't think it has anything to do with a same sex marriage. There is no correlation there.

iheartwilson
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
Feb 22 2014, 12:56 PM
Ellie
Feb 21 2014, 02:28 AM
This week's issue of Soap Opera Digest features an article about Adrienne and Sonny.

Adrienne thinks Sonny and Will are rushing things a bit by getting engaged. Judi Evans explains that Adrienne is also still concerned about Will's family.

Adrienne then realizes that Sami also has reservations about the engagement. She tries to get Sami on her side, but Sami and Adrienne can't agree on an approach. Sami wants Adrienne to pretend she's happy about it.

Adrienne then tries to talk with Justin, but he's of the opinion that Sonny is old enough to make his own decisions...
!! :sleep: :shame: way to boringly predictable. More shocking would be if Adrienne approved and wanted to start planning the wedding.

I think your biggest approvers will be

Of course the Dads
Abigal
EJ
Maggie
Marlena (that's a given)
RomanAdrienne disapproves? I'm shocked...shocked....SHOCKED...I read this to see if I would be shocked...and I'm shocked
& Maybe Victor will warn Sonny, but tell him he only wants to see him happy.

I think Jen will object (though who cares), Caroline object about the sanctity of marriage being between a man and a woman someone of course will go there... and she's seems the most predictible
Caroline is very supportive of WilSon. We saw that last April after Will told Brian that Sonny was his.

sunnyways
Member Avatar

Kaha
LuvCoffee
kay
iheartwilson

I think that Gabi is going to eventually get back together with Nick and then it will be a no holds barred fight for custody of Ari. I also think Sonny no longer has a problem with not keeping Chad's secret regarding Mel/Gabi. He said as much during the last big argument he and gabi had. There is no way will EJ ever press charges against Will for shooting him, even Stephano had forgiven Will. I also think that Will will no longer to cowtow Nick, as another person said here, he hated that he was a coward during the whole paternity sl. So I think he will stand up and fight. Admittedly, both sides (WilSon/Nabi) can easily fling mud at each other, both have done wrong, so I think that it will come down to who a judge finds more desirable as custodial parents. Something I think about is Guy Wilson has been talking [in interviews] about Will becoming stronger, more willing to fight for what he wants, and I realize in no way is he actually confirming my above spec, but I think that what he is not saying outright is that Will will no longer put up with be pushed around by Nick or any one else for that matter. And like most here, there is nothing I want more than for Sonny to show his true KIRIAKIS colors! God I'd love for Sonny to get mean with Nick!

In regards to Adrienne and Will, I hope that Sonny makes her realize that without the "Son in-law" there is no granddaughter. Will and Ari are a package deal. The writers have done so many 360 degree turns with Adrienne's character in the last six months in regards to her feelings about Will and Sonny that she may as well be an Olympian competing in the 1/2 pipe. :)

michr544125

sunnyways
Feb 22 2014, 10:57 PM
Kaha
LuvCoffee
kay

I think that Gabi is going to eventually get back together with Nick and then it will be a no holds barred fight for custody of Ari. I also think Sonny no longer has a problem with not keeping Chad's secret regarding Mel/Gabi. He said as much during the last big argument he and gabi had. There is no way will EJ ever press charges against Will for shooting him, even Stephano had forgiven Will. I also think that Will will no longer to cowtow Nick, as another person said here, he hated that he was a coward during the whole paternity sl. So I think he will stand up and fight. Admittedly, both sides (WilSon/Nabi) can easily fling mud at each other, both have done wrong, so I think that it will come down to who a judge finds more desirable as custodial parents. Something I think about is Guy Wilson has been talking [in interviews] about Will becoming stronger, more willing to fight for what he wants, and I realize in no way is he actually confirming my above spec, but I think that what he is not saying outright is that Will will no longer put up with be pushed around by Nick or any one else for that matter. And like most here, there is nothing I want more than for Sonny to show his true KIRIAKIS colors! God I'd love for Sonny to get mean with Nick!

In regards to Adrienne and Will, I hope that Sonny makes her realize that without the "Son in-law" there is no granddaughter. Will and Ari are a package deal. The writers have done so many 360 degree turns with Adrienne's character in the last six months in regards to her feelings about Will and Sonny that she may as well be an Olympian competing in the 1/2 pipe. :)
I think Gabi is going to get back together with Nick after he convinces her that with Will and Sonny getting married, it will be them two vs. her and they will try and take Ari away from her. Then I think a custody battle will begin with Sonny finally confessing her part in the Mel's kidnapping. There is a reason that hasn't been dropped. I still believe with Gabi leaving, Sonny will become legal guardian to Ari. I think she is sentenced to many years in prison and signs over her parental rights to Sonny before, realizing he will able to offer Ari the parent relationship she won't be able to offer in prison. Ever since the baby story began, it's been obvious that Ari was being written as Will and Sonny's child, not Will and Gabi's. Gabi was only the incubator.

sunnyways
Member Avatar

I agree with you Kaha and it is that story line, that I hope we have. I know many (not just at these boards) are bored by WilSon and a baby but for me, I like the idea of a united WilSon fighting for what they want.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply