Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Sami faces off with Nicole
Topic Started: Feb 21 2014, 02:33 AM (5,829 Views)
six
Member Avatar

concerned
Feb 21 2014, 06:36 PM
Kaha
Feb 21 2014, 09:56 AM
LuvingLumi
Feb 21 2014, 09:52 AM
six
Feb 21 2014, 09:47 AM
AZ is doing a bit of fanwanking. Nicole is much, much worse than Sami is. I completely understand why Marlena would try to keep Eric and Nicole apart. I'm annoyed that Days wouldn't let ericole date for one day before throwing a timebomb in their relationship. Nicole has put Eric's feelings ahead of hers since 2012. It was an example of the way ericole was different than all of her other relationships. I should have known these writers just couldn't have that.
Sami and Nicole are pretty much even in what they've done ...I don't agree whatsover that Nicole is much, much worse..sorry NO....they have both kidnapped, both schemed to get people they wanted that loved others, they have both tried to kill or killed someone, they have lied, cheated, etc....so how exactly is Sami much much better than Nicole? Please do tell, I'd love to hear this one, lol. I've liked both characters just the same and I think the reason i liked both once upon a time equally is because they are so similar....now I'm liking Nicole more due to story but when I liked both I knew why I liked them and it's because they were pretty much the same.
There's a difference between accidental killing, self defense and killing for money.
It's not hard to argue that killing Victor could be considered self defence.

People seem to forget what a nasty old pervert he was back then.

Killing her dad was in defence of others.

Putting a hit out on Marlena to keep out of jail not a great move.
Neither was putting hits in Jack and Abe. Yet again, Nicole is forcing herself on some guy instead of letting him fully choose her. Because it worked out so well before. :rolleyes: Nicole is going to lose out again and she'll only have herself to blame.

And Sami "murders" were done in defense of others, too. Funny as the whole "annual murder spree" thing is, it's not accurate at all.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

lazydazes
Feb 22 2014, 07:48 AM
Unfortunately, the writers are more concerned with shock value than story consistency. What a shame. There were a lot of beats in Ericole's story that the writers could have played. But, what do they do? Something totally stupid that doesn't make sense in the current state. Are they really saying that Nicole chases after Stefano's evil doctor just to get the evidence and then pocket it? Hell, there wasn't any point in chasing Dr. Doom in the first place especially since he'd already hightailed it out of town. Same result. Eric doesn't have any evidence. But, this latest twist is just the writers' usual push to throw Nicole under the bus. That's what I'm fed up with. The self-sabotage so the town saints can proclaim: 'told you that Nicole Walker ain't shit' and she stands and wallows in her self-pity. Sick of it. She's as deserving of a happily-ever-after as anyone. And I think that's what AZ's point is in the article.
As for Eric's family's interference in Ericole's love life, they all need to back the hell up. Stop treating Eric like he's an innocent snotty-nosed kid who can't t think for himself. He's a grown man.
The same can be said for Brady. They all should have let him marry the bitch Kristen and live with whatever hell that would bring him.
Edited by Rosebud, Feb 22 2014, 08:09 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

EmmyBee80
Member Avatar

I don't feel bad for Nicole...because dummy me just knew she was going to give Eric the evidence and if he still chose to be with her at least all the cards would have been on the table! This relationship is over before it even started!! :glare:
Offline Profile Goto Top

angie37
Member Avatar

I don't give a rat's ass about what Nicole or Sami did in the past. Both did whacked-up shit; it just depends on whose corner you're in whether you'll defend her or not.

What I can't stand at the moment is this hovering cloud over Nicole's head that is made more evident in each episode that if Eric had "gotten a sign," he'd still be a priest. Either the brother wants Nicole above all else or he doesn't. I don't like these recent phrases/hints/lines saying perhaps his choice would have been different. At least that's my take on what he's been saying this past week, and I think it's Nicole's too, thus her deciding to destroy the evidence that could make him change his mind. My hope is that after she realizes that she's repeating the same old mistake, she pulls out whatever evidence is left and hands it over. Then she tells Eric, "Here's your sign." Then hopefully once and for all, Eric makes it CLEAR what his decision is with no more talking about signs and "God's will."

And I fail to understand why the needle on Marlena's radar is going haywire. She hasn't heard anything except the fact that Nicole was alone with Chyka. She hasn't heard about a safe or anything; she's simply basing her assumption that Niki is lying on the fact that she "let him get away on her watch." What gives? We, the audience, know, but Marlena doesn't know squat. Sadly, this is what happens when you don't give someone a life of her own, and she has to live through her kids' stories.
Offline Profile Goto Top

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Feb 21 2014, 11:00 AM
Sariah
Feb 21 2014, 10:49 AM
How is it not premeditated for Sami Brady to get up in the middle of the night with a gun and go over to EJ's house and then shoot him in the head (with the intention of killing him) and then go screw Rafe right after? It's not like EJ walked into her house and in the heat of the moment she grabbed a gun. I mean, that's about as premeditated as you can get.
Sami didn't have a gun when she went to the DiMansion. She went to confront him about leaving town with the kids, and found him drunk with a gun in his hand. I will never defend her for shooting him, but she didn't go there with the intent in her mind to kill him; she in fact did grab the gun in the heat of the moment.
I have always wanted to know "why" she went to the mansion in the first place? Yeah Kate called and said Ej was going to take the kids but she had them at the time(well Grandma did because she was sexing up Rafe) but what was she going to tell Ej? Just yell at him? Maybe she went there to have angry sex with him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

freedom

angie37
Feb 22 2014, 11:11 AM
What gives? We, the audience, know, but Marlena doesn't know squat. Sadly, this is what happens when you don't give someone a life of her own, and she has to live through her kids' stories.
No this is what happens when TpTb despise your character. Marlena is a very popular and beloved heroine yet they treat her like she is a pseudo villain, which she is NOT. She has never been like the real Kate, Sami, Nicole, or Kristen. But when you aren't a favorite of theirs, they will mangle your character to the high heavens if it gives them pleasure to do so. 40-year history be damned. Popular pairing be damned.

I'd like to know what goes on behind the scenes because someone has an axe to grind. And I have no idea who that person is.

Next up, Alice Horton is screamed at by Tom and her kids because she is secretly a bad person. Despite us seeing things to the contrary.
Offline Profile Goto Top

angie37
Member Avatar

I don't know if the writers hate Marlena or not. All I know is that her current actions make little sense to me. She knows nothing about what happened with Nicole/Chyka/Daniel, so how she suddenly "knows" Nicole is lying has me scratching my head.
Offline Profile Goto Top

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

six
Feb 21 2014, 09:47 AM
AZ is doing a bit of fanwanking. Nicole is much, much worse than Sami is. I completely understand why Marlena would try to keep Eric and Nicole apart. I'm annoyed that Days wouldn't let ericole date for one day before throwing a timebomb in their relationship. Nicole has put Eric's feelings ahead of hers since 2012. It was an example of the way ericole was different than all of her other relationships. I should have known these writers just couldn't have that.
Nicole has hurt, Nicole has maimed, Nicole has faked a pregnancy, and kidnapped a child, twice.

True she lied about two of EJ's children, but so did Sami.

But Sami has raped, Sami has dressed up like a man and emotionally tortured her own family for the fun of it, and Sami kidnapped a child, but this one was her own sister, not her enemy's child.

I've got to give it to Queen Bitch! I hope this bitch eventually goes down.

(Not that I approve with what Nicole did to those papers, and I think they've completely destroyed Ericole in my eyes)

But this is like Queen Bitch, calling Nicole a bitch.

Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Awesome. I love me some Sami/Nicole bitchfights. Can't wait!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Serenity 808

I normally love Sami/Nicole fights, but I hated the last one since Sami gave such a low blow to Nicole when she threw Nicole's two miscarriages in her face. The one upshot is that prior to that point, they were about equal in trading barbs, which is a rarity with these writers, who usually make Nicole cower and whimper. As the two have done equally bad things, I hope they both give as good as they get.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ophelia
Member Avatar

Serenity 808
Feb 22 2014, 03:01 PM
I normally love Sami/Nicole fights, but I hated the last one since Sami gave such a low blow to Nicole when she threw Nicole's two miscarriages in her face. The one upshot is that prior to that point, they were about equal in trading barbs, which is a rarity with these writers, who usually make Nicole cower and whimper. As the two have done equally bad things, I hope they both give as good as they get.
I hate the Sami/Nicole fights or Nicole/anyone else because Nicole rarely gets to be the victor and she's generally hit with some low blow about her past. I fail to understand why there's so much ammunition to hit Nicole -- her past abuse, her miscarriages, her love for Eric -- but few of her opponents get their true dirt flung in their faces.

As you said, they were at least on equal footing in that last one until the miscarriages came up. That was truly heinous and I hope karma smacks Sami.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Maybe this is just what Nicole needs to see the light - and get Ericole back on track.

A good walloping by Sami might be the wake up call to get her to think "do I really want to be stuck in this never ending circle of the same" and motivate her to make different choices this time.
Edited by concerned, Feb 22 2014, 10:19 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

I find Nicole a little bit on the desperate side. She's so desperate to be connected to some or to be someone's friend it just bugs me. The way she kept inserting herself into Marlena/Victor plotting was so annoying. She sounded like a desperate kid who's trying to ingratiate herself into the cool kids' group. Her friendship with Daniel, Rafe, her fuck buddy Brady all seem forced to me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

I'm just hoping Nicole takes a leaf out of Kate's book this time. I've had more than enough of weepy apologetic Nicole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnO3X5MD_CI

Kate @ 8:20

Who would have thought it was possible to find a scenario where Eric and Stefano were interchangeable.
Edited by concerned, Feb 23 2014, 04:27 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jetasmom

Deverauxfan
Feb 21 2014, 09:39 PM
concerned
Feb 21 2014, 08:32 PM
that was the reason for the in bracket (or should that be thought)

So I for one would like this to be one of the rare times when Nicole comes out of this in the better position but my expectation of this happening is about as high as Victor and Nicole reuniting.
Oh, okay. :)

With the bolded, she would have come on top if she didn't hide/destroy the evidence. ( Secretly hoping that she kept some things to prove that Eric was telling the truth :pray: ) This is one of the reasons why I HATE them having Nicole destroy the evidence-because it would prove Marlena and Sami right in thinking that Nicole is not right for Eric. Even though I like Marlena, I wouldn't have minded if she had to eat her words and apologize for being wrong. They can now gloat because they were correct in their assumptions. I hate this development. I still don't get her motivation for shredding the evidence. Didn't Eric say that even if they had it, he'd still resign from the priesthood? So why'd she do it? I don't get it. :shrug: I'm just sick of Nicole being the "perennial loser." Just once, I'd love to see her win something.
From what I have seen, Eric has just been saying over and over and over that he won't be able to clear his name. He has made it clear that he can't return to the priesthood without a clear name so he has chosen a different path.

I think if he had told Nicole that she was his choice no matter what, she would have given him the evidence. She didn't trust that she was his first choice.
Offline Profile Goto Top

angie37
Member Avatar

^^^My dear beloved Eric has been talking from both sides of his mouth these past few days IMO. One the one hand, he says Nicole is his choice, but in the next breath starts talking about signs not appearing to show him that he should have stayed in the priesthood. Hell, I'm confused and I'm sure she is also.

Regardless, I still think she should hand over the evidence that she didn't destroy, or at least hope that she didn't destroy.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I am bummed that they seem to be taking Nicole down this path. I don't care who was worst or best; I root for Nicole. I think the actress is better, plus, in the character, Nicole has just been beaten down pretty much her entire life. I don't care if that makes sense or not. And, now I'm getting a strange feeling of deja vu all over again, and I don't like it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

PALMommy
Member Avatar

am103
Feb 22 2014, 01:11 PM
Awesome. I love me some Sami/Nicole bitchfights. Can't wait!
I'm all about whose side Kristen will be on?? (Well, other than her own!!) Now THAT will be interesting - can't you just see her playing both side and fanning the flames?
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Countdown to......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SekzTy4pyfc

Pity AZ changed her haircut otherwise they could just use the same footage.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

Not liking Marlena's reaction at all so far..I love bitchy Marlena but I don't understand her behavior in this instance..

And Sami...ugh...Counting the days til she's gone, honestly...This whole whether Eric leaves the priesthood or not thing is boring me to tears which sucks because I am a huge Nicole fan...I foresee the truth coming out and everyone taking a dump on her yet again...Oh, except Taniel who is oh so *vomit* perfect...
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic