Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Jordan's surprise visitor
Topic Started: Feb 21 2014, 02:37 AM (2,739 Views)
freedom

Why do I have a bad feeling they plan on reuniting Kate and Rafe?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SummerAngel
Member Avatar
Princess

Yawn.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Boy, that Jordan, she's just a bag load of mystery, and I still don't care.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

freedom
Feb 21 2014, 11:25 AM
Please soap gods, no. I can't imagine what the purpose or reason would be for putting those two back together.

tylerbo20

Get rid of rafe his ship sailed

LuvCoffee
Member Avatar

NicGil
Feb 21 2014, 08:29 AM
This story has been dragging on so long I don't even remember any mysterious phone calls
:cat: I agree, they dragged this story on too long, :sleep: and they better hurry the story along cause I am tired of Jafe.
I also hate that it makes Kate look too desperate.

Kate S.
Member Avatar

I feel like a big problem with this storyline has been how isolated it comes across from everything and everyone else on canvas. So much of Jordan & Rafe's "courtship" took place in these controlled environments (usually areas of the hospital or the park) with just the two of them. Occasionally, Rafe would have a visitor when Jordan was in the room or nearby (Sami, EJ, Gabi, Eric, Nicole, etc.) but they never had them stick around long enough for there to be any real "drama" or character interaction with either one of them. Kate was sort of looming over them from time to time, but it seemed like the longer it went on, the less interested she seemed. (Especially once she got involved in the Nick storyline with Sami & Gabi.)

As much as I've enjoyed the Rafe-Jordan-Lucas-Sheryl interactions, I still can't help but feel like it's all a bit of a sideshow. I hope the Ben character actually does give this story some movement, but then Sheryl was supposed to be something of a "bombshell" for Jordan too, and within a week they had made peace with each other...

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I agree, I think the Jafe stuff has been segmented away from the show and even with the inclusion of Lucas and Sheryl, those two characters barely interact with anyone as well.

One thing they need to do is let Rafe and Gabi interact more which then would allow Jordan to interact with Gabi. (She shared a scene with her and Abby once around the holidays but that was never followed up). Nick did interact with Jafe some but I'd follow that up. Let Jordan talk to the guys at the club (wilson and T) too. Rafe should be realizing he needs to visit up on Gabi and Ari more now that Nick is back. I assume if Ben and Abby do get involved (I'm starting to have doubts on that with the spoilers on Ben though) we would see Abby interacting with Jordan more too.

The show IMO is doing a better job with storylines intersecting but it's far from perfect and Jafe is probably the most ostracized. Integrate them more into other stories and it would be easier to care about Jordan's past.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Tripp
Feb 21 2014, 07:09 PM
I agree, I think the Jafe stuff has been segmented away from the show and even with the inclusion of Lucas and Sheryl, those two characters barely interact with anyone as well.

One thing they need to do is let Rafe and Gabi interact more which then would allow Jordan to interact with Gabi. (She shared a scene with her and Abby once around the holidays but that was never followed up). Nick did interact with Jafe some but I'd follow that up. Let Jordan talk to the guys at the club (wilson and T) too. Rafe should be realizing he needs to visit up on Gabi and Ari more now that Nick is back. I assume if Ben and Abby do get involved (I'm starting to have doubts on that with the spoilers on Ben though) we would see Abby interacting with Jordan more too.

The show IMO is doing a better job with storylines intersecting but it's far from perfect and Jafe is probably the most ostracized. Integrate them more into other stories and it would be easier to care about Jordan's past.
Integration with more characters would be a great way to boost this story. We've had Kate pretty much looming over them as the only source of friction and that's been rather weak. Not to mention tiresome because Kate's involvement leans toward pathetic as it continues to drag on. Seven months of just Kate not liking Jordan. Big whoop. There hasn't been any suspense. We have no flashbacks of Jordan in peril to facilitate her need for secrecy. There is no investment in what she's running from to be on her side. This is where Days is letting down the viewers. Give us the story! At this point I have to wonder if they even know what it is themselves. The writing has been so sparse. Can they not decide?

I do like the chemistry with the pairing. It's there, they have it. They established it now and it's charming, but they are wasting it with no drama to give them strong legs to stand on. I too was hopeful when Sheryl came that we'd get some juicy tidbits. But nada. Now here is Ben and again I'm hoping for some answers to the mystery they've set up. It's time to start delivering.

The grouping of Rafe, Jordan, Sheryl and Lucas have all been very entertaining and a nice set-up to bond them for further complications. More integration like you mentioned for Jordan with other characters would be greatly appreciated and give her a stronger foundation on the show. Other characters beside Rafe need to care about her if danger comes lurking. I like this story. It has great potential still and I want to continue to invest in it. I just need Days to get off the pot and kick it up!
Edited by Hamilton, Feb 21 2014, 08:11 PM.

freedom

Hamilton
Feb 21 2014, 08:08 PM
Tripp

Integration with more characters would be a great way to boost this story. We've had Kate pretty much looming over them as the only source of friction and that's been rather weak. Not to mention tiresome because Kate's involvement leans toward pathetic as it continues to drag on. Seven months of just Kate not liking Jordan. Big whoop. There hasn't been any suspense. We have no flashbacks of Jordan in peril to facilitate her need for secrecy. There is no investment in what she's running from to be on her side. This is where Days is letting down the viewers. Give us the story! At this point I have to wonder if they even know what it is themselves. The writing has been so sparse. Can they not decide?

I do like the chemistry with the pairing. It's there, they have it. They established it now and it's charming, but they are wasting it with no drama to give them strong legs to stand on. I too was hopeful when Sheryl came that we'd get some juicy tidbits. But nada. Now here is Ben and again I'm hoping for some answers to the mystery they've set up. It's time to start delivering.

The grouping of Rafe, Jordan, Sheryl and Lucas have all been very entertaining and a nice set-up to bond them for further complications. More integration like you mentioned for Jordan with other characters would be greatly appreciated and give her a stronger foundation on the show. Other characters beside Rafe need to care about her if danger comes lurking. I like this story. It has great potential still and I want to continue to invest in it. I just need Days to get off the pot and kick it up!
I think they are going to torpedo Rafe & Jordan in favor of Kate & Rafe.

I love Kate as a person but I don't want them
together any more

Hamilton
Member Avatar

freedom
Feb 21 2014, 08:14 PM
Hamilton
Tripp

together any more
I would hope not and I'm not sure I really get the same vibe you're feeling. Rafe seemed to clear it up with Roman that he's not interested in going back to what he had with Kate even with her being in his corner. The fact he got so jealous makes me believe he's a goner for Jordan and if they keep to his character he's a man that's pretty devoted once committed to a woman. And really what would be the point in going back to Kate for a romance? I don't see much story potential in that. Rafe also wants to have a family and I don't think he meant adopting Lucas as his son. :blink: :blulaugh:

I think a great way to show Jordan's anxiety is by having her have nightmares now that she and Rafe are sleeping together. We wouldn't even need flashbacks. Night terrors would get the point across in a new way.

KateDiMera
Member Avatar

freedom

together any more
What's leading some to think that will happen? I'm not in favor, either (because Rafe is such a doofus), but I don't see where that prediction is coming from.
Edited by KateDiMera, Feb 22 2014, 08:02 AM.

am103
Member Avatar

I'm seriously so not interested in this. I'm trying so hard to care about Jordan, because Chrishell Stause is lovely. I just can't do it.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Feb 21 2014, 05:02 PM
freedom
Please soap gods, no. I can't imagine what the purpose or reason would be for putting those two back together.
I don't believe that for one second, I think Rafe knows something is not right with Jordan and she's running. GG said something similar to that in an interview. I think Kate is about to get someone whacked, and I personally think it's Sheryl...Cheryl?? how ever it's spelled. I think a very evil family is coming to Salem, and nasty will happen. I could see Rafe involved, Lucas involved, Abby involved.. which might also nvolve EJ if something happens to Abby. This s/l has had a boring build up, but I'm hoping for a good story to erupt.

I think it's their family because of things Jordan has said about family, and the talks she's had with Ben. The Dimera are all about family (in a twisted way) and so are the Kirikas and the Alamain's, but maybe this family is at war with each other. I could see this as the family John is connected to, I could see a tie in.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
Feb 22 2014, 01:50 PM
magicsteacher
Feb 21 2014, 05:02 PM
freedom
I don't believe that for one second, I think Rafe knows something is not right with Jordan and she's running. GG said something similar to that in an interview. I think Kate is about to get someone whacked, and I personally think it's Sheryl...Cheryl?? how ever it's spelled. I think a very evil family is coming to Salem, and nasty will happen. I could see Rafe involved, Lucas involved, Abby involved.. which might also nvolve EJ if something happens to Abby. This s/l has had a boring build up, but I'm hoping for a good story to erupt.

I think it's their family because of things Jordan has said about family, and the talks she's had with Ben. The Dimera are all about family (in a twisted way) and so are the Kirikas and the Alamain's, but maybe this family is at war with each other. I could see this as the family John is connected to, I could see a tie in.
I would welcome a crime family connection to this story! It'd be interesting to have some new bad guys come to Salem and wreck some havoc. I tend to lean toward Jordan coming from a dangerous background with her obsession for secrecy and the fact she knows how to cover her tracks so well. She must be connected in some way. She mentioned her father being dead to Abby, but I have to wonder if she meant 'dead' to her? She's made enough veiled references to happy families that I'd say it's obvious her upbringing wasn't.

I don't see Kate putting a hit out on Sheryl though. I could more envision Kate getting Sheryl to do her bidding much in the same way she's done with Lucas. Although the sooner Kate is out of the story the better imo. Her desperation and place in it is growing old. Another reason to welcome some evil doers to widen the story and as you said 'have a good story erupt.'

If this slow build mystery starts gaining momentum and fireworks begin going off it will have been worth the wait.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Kate S.
Feb 21 2014, 06:55 PM
I feel like a big problem with this storyline has been how isolated it comes across from everything and everyone else on canvas. So much of Jordan & Rafe's "courtship" took place in these controlled environments (usually areas of the hospital or the park) with just the two of them. Occasionally, Rafe would have a visitor when Jordan was in the room or nearby (Sami, EJ, Gabi, Eric, Nicole, etc.) but they never had them stick around long enough for there to be any real "drama" or character interaction with either one of them. Kate was sort of looming over them from time to time, but it seemed like the longer it went on, the less interested she seemed. (Especially once she got involved in the Nick storyline with Sami & Gabi.)

As much as I've enjoyed the Rafe-Jordan-Lucas-Sheryl interactions, I still can't help but feel like it's all a bit of a sideshow. I hope the Ben character actually does give this story some movement, but then Sheryl was supposed to be something of a "bombshell" for Jordan too, and within a week they had made peace with each other...
I agree the Jordan/Rafe thing has been a sideshow, which makes me think this show is just keeping Rafe around because someone at NBC likes the actor.

concerned
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Feb 21 2014, 08:43 PM
freedom
Hamilton
Tripp

together any more
I would hope not and I'm not sure I really get the same vibe you're feeling. Rafe seemed to clear it up with Roman that he's not interested in going back to what he had with Kate even with her being in his corner. The fact he got so jealous makes me believe he's a goner for Jordan and if they keep to his character he's a man that's pretty devoted once committed to a woman. And really what would be the point in going back to Kate for a romance? I don't see much story potential in that. Rafe also wants to have a family and I don't think he meant adopting Lucas as his son. :blink: :blulaugh:

I think a great way to show Jordan's anxiety is by having her have nightmares now that she and Rafe are sleeping together. We wouldn't even need flashbacks. Night terrors would get the point across in a new way.
He'd get Allie back and a chance to see Ari.

Lil
Member Avatar

I could no9t give a flying shit less about anything involving Jordan...Seriously...Her and Rafe are sooooooooooo sleep-inducing. I agree that Kate is totally being wasted here. Eyebrows and Underbite are a huge boring FAIL.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

I think Rafe and Jordan have a lot of chemistry and a lot of possibilities as a couple. IMO the problem with Jafe is not the couple, it's the lack of consistent writing and airtime for them. Tptp and the writers need to get it together with this couple and move them and their story along.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Feb 25 2014, 09:01 AM
I think Rafe and Jordan have a lot of chemistry and a lot of possibilities as a couple. IMO the problem with Jafe is not the couple, it's the lack of consistent writing and airtime for them. Tptp and the writers need to get it together with this couple and move them and their story along.
They play well off each other and add a nice charm with their humor to the story. I'm glad Ben is hitting the scene this week and will hopefully give the mystery some momentum. The spoilers sound promising as far as amping up the drama. Let's hope the writers bring it and keep it moving.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply