Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MF interview with Guy Wilson
Topic Started: Feb 21 2014, 04:41 PM (942 Views)
thepadange

One more interview with Guy:

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/days-guy-wilson-interview-taking-on-the-challenges-of-stepping-into-the-world-of-will-horton/2014/02/21/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

The most interesting part of the interview is what GW says about Will finding out about EJ and Abby's affair. His answer kinda gives me an idea about the direction they're going with the revelation — bad, bad EJ takes advantage of poor innocent Abby. I am so not here for that.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Kaha
Feb 21 2014, 06:28 PM
The most interesting part of the interview is what GW says about Will finding out about EJ and Abby's affair. His answer kinda gives me an idea about the direction they're going with the revelation — bad, bad EJ takes advantage of poor innocent Abby. I am so not here for that.
I may be really naive, but the show has gone so out of the way to portray Abigail as the aggressor, that I think that if Will assumes that Abigail is a victim, that will be portrayed as incorrect. I've always thought that people would assume big bad EJ seduced poor little Abigail, and I'm very curious as to how Abigail will react. My guess is she will stamp her small foot and insist she was the aggressor, partially because she'll be annoyed at being seen as a victim and partially because she will want to protect EJ (as she did with Adrienne).

Aggressor or not, I think Will will have a right to be pissed off at EJ for hurting his mother, and for betraying the trust that Will put in him, undeservedly in my opinion. Of course, I preferred Will when he was working for EJ and enjoying it just because he liked to stir shit, not because he has any affection for EJ.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Feb 21 2014, 08:27 PM
Kaha
I may be really naive, but the show has gone so out of the way to portray Abigail as the aggressor, that I think that if Will assumes that Abigail is a victim, that will be portrayed as incorrect. I've always thought that people would assume big bad EJ seduced poor little Abigail, and I'm very curious as to how Abigail will react. My guess is she will stamp her small foot and insist she was the aggressor, partially because she'll be annoyed at being seen as a victim and partially because she will want to protect EJ (as she did with Adrienne).

Aggressor or not, I think Will will have a right to be pissed off at EJ for hurting his mother, and for betraying the trust that Will put in him, undeservedly in my opinion. Of course, I preferred Will when he was working for EJ and enjoying it just because he liked to stir shit, not because he has any affection for EJ.
But Abigail changed her tune a little bit from, "I am a grown woman," to acting like a woman scorned at times, and indignant and asking EJ if he slept with her to keep her silent other times. Besides I think Abigail likes her image as the golden child and she won't disabuse anyone from thinking that EJ took advantage of her. We're talking about the woman who acted like Chad ruined her life (in fact said it few times) because he lied to someone else.

Anyway, what was interesting is that Guy sees Will being angry with EJ for hurting his mom and Abby. So, Will won't be angry with Abby at all but protective of her. In my opinion she doesn't deserve his loyalty because she didn't give him a single thought when she decided to pursue his mother's fiancé. But I expected this to be Will's reaction.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Kaha

Probably because of EJ's history. It was strange to me that they had JJ & Kayla talking again about Jack raping her.

Depending on how the Ejabby relationship goes, I could see Abby seeing it as an "out" and to save face that EJ is not interested in her in the way she wants him to be and possibly even to punish him for it. I totally see her hoping on the assumption.
Edited by Halloween Family, Feb 21 2014, 11:43 PM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I am most confident that when the affair comes out, and many will jump to believe Ej was the main solicitor in it, that Abby is going to step up and say that isn't true. Now, they may not believe her. Knowing the self righteous of Salem, they will insist Ej 'tricked' her into believing she was the seducer but Abby has always owned up to her mistakes. She did that with Austin and I believe she would do that here.

Which, um, I am amazed that a thread on Guy about Wilsons relationship has turned into an Ejami vs Ejabby conversation.
Edited by Tripp, Feb 21 2014, 11:57 PM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

Tripp
Feb 21 2014, 11:56 PM
I am most confident that when the affair comes out, and many will jump to believe Ej was the main solicitor in it, that Abby is going to step up and say that isn't true. Now, they may not believe her. Knowing the self righteous of Salem, they will insist Ej 'tricked' her into believing she was the seducer but Abby has always owned up to her mistakes. She did that with Austin and I believe she would do that here.

Which, um, I am amazed that a thread on Guy about Wilsons relationship has turned into an Ejami vs Ejabby conversation.
I think it's about what GW said about Will's reaction to the big reveal. So, to me the point is still about Will's reaction to EJ cheating on his mom with his cousin. The rest of the interview was discussed in other GW interview discussions.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Kaha
Feb 22 2014, 12:07 AM
Tripp
Feb 21 2014, 11:56 PM

I think it's about what GW said about Will's reaction to the big reveal. So, to me the point is still about Will's reaction to EJ cheating on his mom with his cousin. The rest of the interview was discussed in other GW interview discussions.
Which is the whole point, it's to give everyone a chance to react and intertwine all the characters.

stormymac
Member Avatar

Kaha
Feb 21 2014, 08:41 PM
Honeybees
Kaha

But Abigail changed her tune a little bit from, "I am a grown woman," to acting like a woman scorned at times, and indignant and asking EJ if he slept with her to keep her silent other times. Besides I think Abigail likes her image as the golden child and she won't disabuse anyone from thinking that EJ took advantage of her. We're talking about the woman who acted like Chad ruined her life (in fact said it few times) because he lied to someone else.

Anyway, what was interesting is that Guy sees Will being angry with EJ for hurting his mom and Abby. So, Will won't be angry with Abby at all but protective of her. In my opinion she doesn't deserve his loyalty because she didn't give him a single thought when she decided to pursue his mother's fiancé. But I expected this to be Will's reaction.
But your reacting to his statement as a viewer who has seen the entirety of this relationship, from how it came to fruition to how it has evolved. Guy answered the question, correctly in my opinion, exactly how it should be viewed by a character who has none of the facts we are privy to. If he reacts any other way, I will have to call shenanigans on the writer's part because, while we know that Abigail wasn't taken advantage of in the situation, everyone involved in the storyline should "rightly" jump to the wrong conclusion.
Edited by stormymac, Feb 22 2014, 01:28 AM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

stormymac
Feb 22 2014, 01:27 AM
Kaha
Feb 21 2014, 08:41 PM
Honeybees
Kaha

But your reacting to his statement as a viewer who has seen the entirety of this relationship, from how it came to fruition to how it has evolved. Guy answered the question, correctly in my opinion, exactly how it should be viewed by a character who has none of the facts we are privy to. If he reacts any other way, I will have to call shenanigans on the writer's part because, while we know that Abigail wasn't taken advantage of in the situation, everyone involved in the storyline should "rightly" jump to the wrong conclusion.
Exactly! I think the writers, miracle of miracle, have set up Ejabby in a way that when it comes out, the fallout could be complicated because people like Will (and good lord, especially Jennifer - not looking forward to a tsunami of sanctimony from her) will totally blame EJ and assume Abigail is some kind of victim. This will make the dynamic more interesting, assuming they play it as written.

Although, Will also referenced Abigail's Austin fixation recently, and it's possible he might believe her assertions that she chased EJ, if she makes them. But I think it's natural that Will will at first be concerned that Abigail was somehow taken advantage of because it fits with how he sees EJ and Abigail, and he certainly wasn't privy to the private Ejabby scenes the viewer was.

Dany_E

At this point we don't even know if they've filmed anybody finding out about the affair yet. Guy's answer is framed as speculation as to what Will would feel/do if he found out. It's possible it has come out and his answer is informed by actual dialogue/scripts but he could just be speculating.

In any case, I agree with what he thinks Will's reaction would be. He loves both women - one's his mother and friend, the other his cousin and friend. No doubt he'd be disappointed in both EJ and Abby and feel betrayed most particularly by EJ since EJ is the one who's actually betraying his mother and by extension, him.

Hugo
Member Avatar

I wasn't a fan of Guy Wilson at first but I like him in the role now. It's interesting that he told the producers he wasn't afraid of portraying the intimacy of the relationship, I think Chander Massey was a lot less comfortable with that. Anyway, I think WilSon is a lot more believable as couple now that GW is playing Will and that's great. Now we need to see Will interact more with the rest of the characters.

BTW, is it really necessary to have another Ejabby discussion on this thread? :(

michr544125

MF asked great questions! Based on Guy's answers it's obvious Wilson wedding goes off without any hitches. I just get a bad feeling it's not going to be as grand as it should be. This should be one of the grandest weddings Days has ever aired. Also seems like others have said seems Will is going to be against EJ. I just hope he's as disgusted in Abby also because she's been the aggressor. I also love how comfortable he is playing sane sex romantic scenes. It has made me love Wilson again!

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I think MF asked some great questions too, and I like that Guy Wilson is thoughtful about his character's history and motivations. Chandler's Will was featured in multiple storylines and Will has long relationships with many characters, including Abigail. The fact that he wants to be consistent yet allow Will to grow up is a good choice.

I totally agree, however, that Guy's Will needs to be interacting with more characters. I liked the scenes he's done with Marlena and Abigail. I would like to see him interact more with Kate, have a seen with JJ, have more interactions with T. The great thing about Will is that he's so heavily tied to the canvas that he can have multiple stories outside of his romance with Sonny.

michr544125

Honeybees
Feb 22 2014, 08:33 AM
I think MF asked some great questions too, and I like that Guy Wilson is thoughtful about his character's history and motivations. Chandler's Will was featured in multiple storylines and Will has long relationships with many characters, including Abigail. The fact that he wants to be consistent yet allow Will to grow up is a good choice.

I totally agree, however, that Guy's Will needs to be interacting with more characters. I liked the scenes he's done with Marlena and Abigail. I would like to see him interact more with Kate, have a seen with JJ, have more interactions with T. The great thing about Will is that he's so heavily tied to the canvas that he can have multiple stories outside of his romance with Sonny.
It's not just Will. Will and Sonny are completely isolated from others. Unless they get their own story I don't see that ever changing. As much as I love the writing for Wilson most of the time lately, it seems like their sole purpose is just to sell the progression of their relationship...Will comes out, First kiss, first love scene, baby together, engagement, marriage.

I guess for once Sonny actually has more interaction with others than Will. I found it odd that Will wasn't included in the scenes with Gabi and Sami the other day nor did we see Sonny even tell Will about it...unless it's another secret he will be keeping from him. Also it's Sonny that NIck blackmails coming up, and not Will. Again, wonder where or if Will even fits into that? I think the show maybe was trying to slowly ease Guy into the role. Though, based on his answers it sounds like Sonny continues to be the aggressor or lead of the couple and Will is more supporting him. Very odd, because I always used to complain Will had too much focus. But I do wish Will had more to do. Now I feel like I used to with Sonny that he's more or less just standing around. They sill haven't figured out a way to make Wilson more even grounded story wise.
Edited by michr544125, Feb 22 2014, 08:41 AM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

While Abby and EJ are mentioned in this article I'm asking you all nicely not to turn this thread into an Ejabby vs Ejami back and forth. If any of us on staff have to do more then this in here then we won't be so nice when it comes to what happens next.

angie37
Member Avatar

Hugo
Feb 22 2014, 08:09 AM
I wasn't a fan of Guy Wilson at first but I like him in the role now. It's interesting that he told the producers he wasn't afraid of portraying the intimacy of the relationship, I think Chander Massey was a lot less comfortable with that. Anyway, I think WilSon is a lot more believable as couple now that GW is playing Will and that's great. Now we need to see Will interact more with the rest of the characters.

BTW, is it really necessary to have another Ejabby discussion on this thread? :(
This Wilson is more convincing to me as lovers in love because Guy is more natural with the intimacy. With Chandler, it seemed that he always had to pause to get himself prepared and together before moving in to kiss or get close to Sonny.

On the bold, so true...

Kaha
Member Avatar

michr544125
Feb 22 2014, 08:39 AM
Honeybees

It's not just Will. Will and Sonny are completely isolated from others. Unless they get their own story I don't see that ever changing. As much as I love the writing for Wilson most of the time lately, it seems like their sole purpose is just to sell the progression of their relationship...Will comes out, First kiss, first love scene, baby together, engagement, marriage.

I guess for once Sonny actually has more interaction with others than Will. I found it odd that Will wasn't included in the scenes with Gabi and Sami the other day nor did we see Sonny even tell Will about it...unless it's another secret he will be keeping from him. Also it's Sonny that NIck blackmails coming up, and not Will. Again, wonder where or if Will even fits into that? I think the show maybe was trying to slowly ease Guy into the role. Though, based on his answers it sounds like Sonny continues to be the aggressor or lead of the couple and Will is more supporting him. Very odd, because I always used to complain Will had too much focus. But I do wish Will had more to do. Now I feel like I used to with Sonny that he's more or less just standing around. They sill haven't figured out a way to make Wilson more even grounded story wise.
Guy said that this Will is more mature and more sure of himself. I hope that's the case. I hope he takes a strong stand against Nick and not seem like a weakling spectator of his own story. I want that alpha dog GW is talking about.

But part of me made peace with the marginalized WilSon. They've never been lead of their own storyline. The only time one of them was a lead was during Will's coming out. That was a powerful s/l. To some extend the baby s/l was about them and their relationship and the baby, but Gack featured in it big and they had the upper hand, so it made me more angry than anything.

Gay characters and black characters are always supportive rather than lead. It's like only reactionaries watch soaps. So, their bigoted sensibilities can't take a gay person or a person of color be the person the s/l revolves around. They're just there to either be wholesome or comic relief and propping other characters.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Honeybees

in one of the other interviews he did, he said he's shot quite a few scenes with Galen & Kristian in the last little while, so i think we're gonna see him interact with more characters as the length of time he's been on the show increases. i think that, initially, it makes sense to have him have a lot of scenes with Gabi & Sonny so they can establish those most important relationships and then expand to other important people in Will's life - like Sami, Kate, Marlena, etc.
I'd love to see Sonny have a story outside of his romance with Will as well.

Kaha
Member Avatar

If Will is interacting with Hope and Rafe, maybe it involves police work. Maybe Nick or Gabi, or together will kidnap Ari. I really don't want those two adorable babies to be in any distress, even pretend distress, but I am not apposed to Nick persuading Gabi to take Ari with her and leave town. Legally, she can't, even if there's no custody agreement. This will put Hope in a challenging situation, both Nick and Will are family but she also has to do her job. Of course this will put Rafe at odds with his sister.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply