Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for the week February 24th
Topic Started: Feb 21 2014, 05:11 PM (8,318 Views)
spartan
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Feb 24 2014, 10:02 AM
spartan
Feb 24 2014, 07:52 AM
LuvingLumi
Feb 24 2014, 07:19 AM
outrageous
Feb 23 2014, 11:53 PM
I can't see why actors can't have preferences. Sure, they have to act out what's in the script, but they are entitled to preferences just like anyone else. So I can believe that AS loved Lumi and JS loves Ejami and Ejole.

I can't even about Ejaby. The actors are probably scratching their heads... JS looks like her father.
What makes you think the actors are scratching their heads? I have seen nothing but them trying to sell this story and they are making a pretty good effort at it. I think they are succeeding too because some like ME, who have NEVER, EVER liked Ej in ANY pairing are seeing something to like....that is a success on it's own right.

I can't think of one reason for two actors that apparently want to be employed and in front burner storylines to be scratching their heads with this story....
Who is to say for every person like you who is enjoying EJ now, there isn't an EJ fan from before who is no longer a fan because of his actions in this story? I'm not even talking EJami only shippers. I'm talking those EJ fans who have enjoyed him in several pairings because they are a fan of his character but who can't tolerate his recent behavior. Like I mean, what if it's a wash with those people falling off the EJ fan bandwagon? And what if some of these people have been longtime fans.

It's not automatically great just because some 'new' fans are being garnered from this story. It happens with soap characters but it's not always a good thing. So, gaining new fans in and of itself is not necessarily the whole picture.

I'd still bet the farm JS scratched his head a couple times for this story. He's almost always been front burner so that's nothing new for him. He still cares about story even though it's his job to roll with whatever they give him.

Notice how I was giving my take on the point that the poster that I quoted was trying to make, which is that she sees JS and KM scratching their heads with this story. I made a point to state that I don't see that because I think they are selling the hell out of this story to the point that I and others, who have never liked Ej in a pairing like him in SOMETHING. To those that liked Ej in other pairings....more power to them....but I don't think that point is relevant in what I"m trying to state. If you liked Ej with Sami, or Nicole, or Taylor, then you might not like EJabby and that's fine, you've shown a liking to Ej in anything related to some kind of romantic story in the past and if it's not Ejabby now, because not everyone likes Ej as a cheater, then fine....but what I said is that at least this story is doing it for me, in a way no other Ej pairing has ever done.

So if they can sell Ejabby to me, then they can't be scratching their heads or anything else...they are in front burner story, enjoying the hell out of the buzz and the screen time they are getting...and if you don't like Ej now because he's with Abby, the likelihood is that when he circles out of her story and bounces back to Nicole, or they bring back Taylor or Sami makes a reappearance down the road, then you'll have something to like again, and I finally can fall in line with everyone else who has always through of Ej as the bees knees....lol

and sure he's always been front burner, but who knows what will happen after AS leaves....that is an unknown for him....so I bet he's not only happy that they do have plans for his character outside of AS' orbit and that the story will lead to something down the road if he stays.
Yeah, I believe my point is relevant because you said that this storyline was a success based on you liking EJ in it and my point is really what if it's a wash in the big picture of EJ fans? One could even argue damaging if longtime EJ fans aren't digging it, if JS or tptb would weigh those fans differently than newer fans. I'm sure tptb don't. JS may though. I don't know but it's possible.

The rest is assumptions on both our parts so we can just agree to disagree on that.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

EJ isn't doing anything different or worse than what he's always done.

outrageous
Member Avatar

spartan
LuvingLumi
outrageous
I can't see why actors can't have preferences. Sure, they have to act out what's in the script, but they are entitled to preferences just like anyone else. So I can believe that AS loved Lumi and JS loves Ejami and Ejole.

I can't even about Ejaby. The actors are probably scratching their heads... JS looks like her father.
What makes you think the actors are scratching their heads? I have seen nothing but them trying to sell this story and they are making a pretty good effort at it. I think they are succeeding too because some like ME, who have NEVER, EVER liked Ej in ANY pairing are seeing something to like....that is a success on it's own right.

I can't think of one reason for two actors that apparently want to be employed and in front burner storylines to be scratching their heads with this story....
Who is to say for every person like you who is enjoying EJ now, there isn't an EJ fan from before who is no longer a fan because of his actions in this story? I'm not even talking EJami only shippers. I'm talking those EJ fans who have enjoyed him in several pairings because they are a fan of his character but who can't tolerate his recent behavior. Like I mean, what if it's a wash with those people falling off the EJ fan bandwagon? And what if some of these people have been longtime fans.

It's not automatically great just because some 'new' fans are being garnered from this story. It happens with soap characters but it's not always a good thing. So, gaining new fans in and of itself is not necessarily the whole picture.

I'd still bet the farm JS scratched his head a couple times for this story. He's almost always been front burner so that's nothing new for him. He still cares about story even though it's his job to roll with whatever they give him.

Count me in among those EJ fans who can't believe what's happened to him...

And I'm sorry, but as far as I can see the only actor who is selling this storyline is KM. JS was very vague and in the most recent interviews very brief and wishy washy. He seems to be more excited about the upcoming storylines, so we'll see...

I can't say that I like a couple because I hate another. I just hate this version of EJ. It reminds me of a man going through his midlife crisis. I coulc probably accept that if EJ wasn't supposed to be in his mid-thirties. But then again, maybe he's having his early.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Who said anything about liking a couple because you hate another? If that was the case I would have shipped Ejole, Ejaylor and Safe hard...I hated all of them

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Some former EJ fans just want to smack his franks & beans with a rubber mallet.

And I'm not sure how they redeem him for those of us wielding hammers.

I still would've whacked ole Elvin right in the money bags even after his declaration of love today. Dumbass.

As to who JS prefers, I've met him a couple of times & there's no doubt in my mind who he prefers to work with but I think he likes all the ladies he works with and will do his best to sell whatever story they give him.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Feb 24 2014, 10:09 PM
Some former EJ fans just want to smack his franks & beans with a rubber mallet.

And I'm not sure how they redeem him for those of us wielding hammers.

I still would've whacked ole Elvin right in the money bags even after his declaration of love today. Dumbass.

As to who JS prefers, I've met him a couple of times & there's no doubt in my mind who he prefers to work with but I think he likes all the ladies he works with and will do his best to sell whatever story they give him.
This post has so much hilarity in it. :blulaugh:

S loves EJ

LuvingLumi
Feb 24 2014, 03:22 PM
six
Feb 24 2014, 03:16 PM
Angie79
Feb 24 2014, 02:53 PM
six
Feb 24 2014, 10:21 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
That was an "EJami" interview. Like LL said, he has said different things depending on what is going on story related at the time.

That interview was released on the same day that EJ and Abby kissed, which we already knew was happening, due to the promo, and he spoke about EJ's opinion of Abby. You can't get more story-related than that.
well that's fine and all but that still doesn't necessarily mean that what I said isn't true. He is having an affair with Abby...he was engaged to Sami....his 'relationship' is with Sami....obviously...even at the point of the kiss before the cabin...I can still see where James would say that he doesn't see Ej in a relationship with anyone else....but that doesn't mean that is not where this is going to end up in time. At the point of the interview he was justifying Ej's actions and giving his opinion that he can't see him in a relationship outside of Sami...then again, he's been in a relationship with Nicole, and with Taylor...so what exactly can we really take from what he says?

...hanging onto every single word James says will lead to sure disappointment, since his brilliant twists and fantastic shit leads to a bunch of head scratching from those that have followed him and liked his stories for years.

I wouldn´t hang on to every single word but JS seems to love Ejami based on several interview where he has been fangirling a lot and talking about how he thinks they deserves a wedding. I do thinks he likes working with AZ and KM too though and he has at least sold the Ejabby story to me so I don´t think he has been scratching his head until I get indications that says otherwise. I can see how he would enjoy a front burner storyline and see that there are other stories for him when AS leaves. Maybe he has been vague in interviews to not upset the Ejami fans and former EJ fans probably would have been lost anyway since AS is leaving. I get the impression from the interview though that he thinks what EJami done to each other in the past is worse and I agree but it seems like there are people who thinks Ejabby sleeping together is worse maybe because cheating is more close to home.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

six
Feb 24 2014, 10:10 AM
spartan
LuvingLumi
outrageous

JS finds it hard to imagine EJ being in a relationship with someone besides Sami, so yeah, I'm sure ejabby had him scratching his head.
When did JS say that? Is there a clip or interview I can read where he is quoted saying that? I'd be interesting in seeing or reading this in context.I don't recalll having seen or read this although I must admit I just recently started to read/view interviews.I generally just watch the show.Thanks to anyone who can help me with the material.

Okay,I read the portion of the interview provided.No where do I see words from James Scott that he does not imagine EJ in a relationship other than or besides Sami.Is there another interview or clip where those actual words are used or is there speculation this is what he means based on what he said during the portion of the interview cited?
Edited by BeeBee, Feb 25 2014, 10:19 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Who cares what JS thinks? He doesn't even watch the show. Never understood it. Never will. But it makes me care little to none what he thinks.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

peaches179
Feb 24 2014, 09:35 AM
The Scorpion
Feb 24 2014, 08:54 AM
Who should be the happiest o is well KM / Abby who gets to roll with the big guys.lol

Works for me. ;)
Kate Mansi should be happy.She is getting more screen time,she is doing great work with the material she is given in her interactions with JJ,Nick,and EJ as well as Will and Sonny displaying a range of emotions,and she holds her own in scenes with all of them.I am happy that a good actress is getting more screen time and that screen time is translating into must see entertainment for me.I am looking forward to the fall out regardless of what happens with Abby,EJ.and Ben with/without EJ/Abby baby.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Feb 25 2014, 10:28 AM
Who cares what JS thinks? He doesn't even watch the show. Never understood it. Never will. But it makes me care little to none what he thinks.
Well,I am interested in what the actors think about their character or story whether I agree with them or not.I have read that James Scott thinks that EJ and Sami have a lot of chemistry and he loves kissing her.I do not see sexual chemistry between them and he often wipes his mouth after scenes having them kiss therefore I do not see that he enjoys kissing her unless there is something going on with her lipstick.
Do I think the show should be written to cater to what the actors think/want? Absolutely not.I hate that the show made Daniel Melanie's father and Maggie's son.I hate that the show put Chad and Melanie together because it made me hate Chad with Abby which I could have gone with in the absence of Melanie.

S loves EJ

BeeBee
Feb 25 2014, 10:05 AM
six
spartan
LuvingLumi

JS finds it hard to imagine EJ being in a relationship with someone besides Sami, so yeah, I'm sure ejabby had him scratching his head.
When did JS say that? Is there a clip or interview I can read where he is quoted saying that? I'd be interesting in seeing or reading this in context.I don't recalll having seen or read this although I must admit I just recently started to read/view interviews.I generally just watch the show.Thanks to anyone who can help me with the material.

Okay,I read the portion of the interview provided.No where do I see words from James Scott that he does not imagine EJ in a relationship other than or besides Sami.Is there another interview or clip where those actual words are used or is there speculation this is what he means based on what he said during the portion of the interview cited?

Quote:

Whether or not Abigail proves to be a threat to EJ and Sami’s future, both actors agree that the couple has seen worse — and survived to tell about it! “It’s very hard to imagine… even with the two of them having these problems, him having a relationship with another woman,” Scott guesses. “These guys have been through a lot and they’ve managed to stick with one another through some pretty tough times.”

Read more: CENTER STAGE: ‘DAYS’ Alison Sweeney and James Scott Discuss Future of EJami, EJ/Abigail Romance, Fights, Murder and More! - Soap Opera Network http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2014/01/center-stage-days-alison-sweeney-and-james-scott-discuss-future-of-ejami-ejabigail-romance-fights-murder-and-more#ixzz2uLhe4pmV

Edited by S loves EJ, Feb 25 2014, 10:46 AM.

six
Member Avatar

BeeBee
six
spartan
LuvingLumi

He said it in the Soap Opera Network interview that he and AS did together about EJ, Sami and Abby. It came out at the beginning of this year.

KweenBoda
Member Avatar

I am enjoying this EJABBY story line. And I am going to enjoy Sami finding out and realizing she isn't always the queen of EJ's life plus she is over due for some damned karma. And I am sure she will go back to him. She has absolutely no self respect. :hail:

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Aliaron
Exactly what I was thinking. Who cares?

We can never truly never know what the opinions of the actors are. When interviewed they are to sell the stories/show and are probably told not to reveal certain things. EJ emotions are still to be found out.. I doubt this is the last of the SL .. so James wouldn't be able to tell to much of what his character thinks or feels .. if he knows himself.

I don't think the actors opinion about a story has much consideration what their character does or feels - other than the actor enjoying his work or not.
Edited by DayDreamer, Feb 25 2014, 11:03 AM.

six
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Feb 25 2014, 10:38 AM
Aliaron
Well,I am interested in what the actors think about their character or story whether I agree with them or not.I have read that James Scott thinks that EJ and Sami have a lot of chemistry and he loves kissing her.I do not see sexual chemistry between them and he often wipes his mouth after scenes having them kiss therefore I do not see that he enjoys kissing her unless there is something going on with her lipstick.
Do I think the show should be written to cater to what the actors think/want? Absolutely not.I hate that the show made Daniel Melanie's father and Maggie's son.I hate that the show put Chad and Melanie together because it made me hate Chad with Abby which I could have gone with in the absence of Melanie.
I'm loath to even say this, but I don't remember him doing that at all. Sounds pretty unprofessional, too.

Anyway, I care what the actors think in the same way that I care what people on the boards think. It can be interesting to hear an actor's take on things, and I think it's sad that a lot of actors are too afraid of backlash from the fans to share their opinions on the characters.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Feb 25 2014, 10:46 AM
BeeBee
six
spartan

Quote:

Whether or not Abigail proves to be a threat to EJ and Sami’s future, both actors agree that the couple has seen worse — and survived to tell about it! “It’s very hard to imagine… even with the two of them having these problems, him having a relationship with another woman,” Scott guesses. “These guys have been through a lot and they’ve managed to stick with one another through some pretty tough times.”

Read more: CENTER STAGE: ‘DAYS’ Alison Sweeney and James Scott Discuss Future of EJami, EJ/Abigail Romance, Fights, Murder and More! - Soap Opera Network http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2014/01/center-stage-days-alison-sweeney-and-james-scott-discuss-future-of-ejami-ejabigail-romance-fights-murder-and-more#ixzz2uLhe4pmV

Thanks for providing the quote.JS has a very limited imagination.He might want to work on expanding it.I not only can imagine EJ with someone other than Sami,it is my fervent hope,that EJ is with someone other than Sami unless he plans to leave Salem when she leaves.Someone mentioned a trilogy movie in a thread,perhaps he has decided to move on to greener pastures and not renew.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

six
Feb 25 2014, 11:07 AM
BeeBee
Feb 25 2014, 10:38 AM
Aliaron
I'm loath to even say this, but I don't remember him doing that at all. Sounds pretty unprofessional, too.

Anyway, I care what the actors think in the same way that I care what people on the boards think. It can be interesting to hear an actor's take on things, and I think it's sad that a lot of actors are too afraid of backlash from the fans to share their opinions on the characters.
Great way to look at it and agree. I'm not a James Scott fangurl but I find him fascinating. I don't buy half what he says and his tastes don't always match up with mine but once in a while they align. I watched District 9 because of him. I fully expected to hate it but turned out to be a good movie. Plus, if he came out and said Ej would never look twice at Abby, I'd lmao.
Edited by Halloween Family, Feb 25 2014, 11:32 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

I have found the actors' opinions less and less relevant over the last few years. Idk if that's because of all the writing shifts or just me changing my way of thinking. James doesn't seem to have a very good handle on what a soap is, IMO, but that doesn't much matter since he's not the one writing it. It used to be nice to hear their POV because you could at least gauge how they were playing it, but they're so far ahead now that I don't even think that's true anymore. But I'm high and dumb, so what do I know?

S loves EJ

DayDreamer
Feb 25 2014, 10:59 AM
Aliaron
Exactly what I was thinking. Who cares?

We can never truly never know what the opinions of the actors are. When interviewed they are to sell the stories/show and are probably told not to reveal certain things. EJ emotions are still to be found out.. I doubt this is the last of the SL .. so James wouldn't be able to tell to much of what his character thinks or feels .. if he knows himself.

I don't think the actors opinion about a story has much consideration what their character does or feels - other than the actor enjoying his work or not.

That is an other possibility to why JS has been pretty quite about Ejabby maybe he isn´t aloud to say much about the story.

I care what JS thinks since if he were to say he doesn´t like the story it looses a lot of credibility to me, plus I doubt Ejabby could work long term if he doesn´t at least like it and believe in it, maybe he doesn´t have to prefer it but I think he needs to like it in order for them to be right for one an other. Plus I think KM deserves to be working with someone that enjoys working with her and are committed to it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply