Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for the week February 24th
Topic Started: Feb 21 2014, 05:11 PM (8,432 Views)
Halloween Family
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 25 2014, 11:25 AM
I have found the actors' opinions less and less relevant over the last few years. Idk if that's because of all the writing shifts or just me changing my way of thinking. James doesn't seem to have a very good handle on what a soap is, IMO, but that doesn't much matter since he's not the one writing it. It used to be nice to hear their POV because you could at least gauge how they were playing it, but they're so far ahead now that I don't even think that's true anymore. But I'm high and dumb, so what do I know?
I think it's has to do with the fast pace of everything and the lack of direction, the actors seem to have to fill in the blanks a lot.
Quote:

James doesn't seem to have a very good handle on what a soap is,
He so Joey Tribiani sometimes.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

lysie
I have found the actors' opinions less and less relevant over the last few years. Idk if that's because of all the writing shifts or just me changing my way of thinking. James doesn't seem to have a very good handle on what a soap is, IMO, but that doesn't much matter since he's not the one writing it. It used to be nice to hear their POV because you could at least gauge how they were playing it, but they're so far ahead now that I don't even think that's true anymore. But I'm high and dumb, so what do I know?
LMFAO.....on the high and dumb....at least you are not an agenda shipper ;)

Anyway....on a more serious note here....once upon a time (many, many moons ago) I use to follow what actors would say. I use to see the direct correlation at the time between what they said and how the scenes would play out on screen. That was when the show was about 4 to 6 weeks tape/air time so the actors would still have a very good idea of what they were talking about. I"m frankly surprised that Kate Mansi referred to this story in the past tense when she was interviewed about it....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Feb 25 2014, 11:34 AM
lysie
I think it's has to do with the fast pace of everything and the lack of direction, the actors seem to have to fill in the blanks a lot.
Quote:

I bet he doesn't share food either.

six
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Feb 25 2014, 11:13 AM
six
Feb 25 2014, 11:07 AM
BeeBee
Feb 25 2014, 10:38 AM
Aliaron
Feb 25 2014, 10:28 AM
Who cares what JS thinks? He doesn't even watch the show. Never understood it. Never will. But it makes me care little to none what he thinks.
Well,I am interested in what the actors think about their character or story whether I agree with them or not.I have read that James Scott thinks that EJ and Sami have a lot of chemistry and he loves kissing her.I do not see sexual chemistry between them and he often wipes his mouth after scenes having them kiss therefore I do not see that he enjoys kissing her unless there is something going on with her lipstick.
Do I think the show should be written to cater to what the actors think/want? Absolutely not.I hate that the show made Daniel Melanie's father and Maggie's son.I hate that the show put Chad and Melanie together because it made me hate Chad with Abby which I could have gone with in the absence of Melanie.
I'm loath to even say this, but I don't remember him doing that at all. Sounds pretty unprofessional, too.

Anyway, I care what the actors think in the same way that I care what people on the boards think. It can be interesting to hear an actor's take on things, and I think it's sad that a lot of actors are too afraid of backlash from the fans to share their opinions on the characters.
Great way to look at it and agree. I'm not a James Scott fangurl but I find him fascinating. I don't buy half what he says and his tastes don't always match up with mine but once in a while they align. I watched District 9 because of him. I fully expected to hate it but turned out to be a good movie. Plus, if he came out and said Ej would never look twice at Abby, I'd lmao.
I don't think his tastes ever align with mine, except for some of his thoughts on ejami, so I don't hang on what he says like it's gospel, but I do agree that he can be interesting. I like it when he gets philosophical.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

six
BeeBee
Aliaron
Feb 25 2014, 10:28 AM
Who cares what JS thinks? He doesn't even watch the show. Never understood it. Never will. But it makes me care little to none what he thinks.
Well,I am interested in what the actors think about their character or story whether I agree with them or not.I have read that James Scott thinks that EJ and Sami have a lot of chemistry and he loves kissing her.I do not see sexual chemistry between them and he often wipes his mouth after scenes having them kiss therefore I do not see that he enjoys kissing her unless there is something going on with her lipstick.
Do I think the show should be written to cater to what the actors think/want? Absolutely not.I hate that the show made Daniel Melanie's father and Maggie's son.I hate that the show put Chad and Melanie together because it made me hate Chad with Abby which I could have gone with in the absence of Melanie.
I'm loath to even say this, but I don't remember him doing that at all. Sounds pretty unprofessional, too.

Anyway, I care what the actors think in the same way that I care what people on the boards think. It can be interesting to hear an actor's take on things, and I think it's sad that a lot of actors are too afraid of backlash from the fans to share their opinions on the characters.
Agreed. I'm pretty sure if JS was wiping his mouth after kissing AS we'd see lots and lots and lots of gifs about it floating around here. :lol:

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

six
Feb 25 2014, 12:04 PM
Halloween Family
six
BeeBee

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Great way to look at it and agree. I'm not a James Scott fangurl but I find him fascinating. I don't buy half what he says and his tastes don't always match up with mine but once in a while they align. I watched District 9 because of him. I fully expected to hate it but turned out to be a good movie. Plus, if he came out and said Ej would never look twice at Abby, I'd lmao.
I don't think his tastes ever align with mine, except for some of his thoughts on ejami, so I don't hang on what he says like it's gospel, but I do agree that he can be interesting. I like it when he gets philosophical.
I was chatting with someone the other day about his philosophies. lol I really wish I could meet him one day. I would not ask him what his favorite color or food is.

The other day my son picked out some orange pants and I beamed with pride. lol

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Halloween Family
Feb 25 2014, 12:37 PM
six
Halloween Family
six

I was chatting with someone the other day about his philosophies. lol I really wish I could meet him one day. I would not ask him what his favorite color or food is.

Et tu, HF?? Et tu??? :facepalm:

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Feb 25 2014, 12:39 PM
Halloween Family
six
Halloween Family

LOL

I think James' orange pants are horrendous but I always dig people with their unique style.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 25 2014, 11:49 AM
Halloween Family
lysie
Quote:

It's really a moo point anyway.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Feb 25 2014, 12:40 PM
SocRMum1
Halloween Family
six

LOL

I think James' orange pants are horrendous but I always dig people with their unique style.
Those orange pants are a blight on his prettiness.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Feb 25 2014, 01:53 PM
Halloween Family
SocRMum1
Halloween Family

LOL

Nah.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Feb 25 2014, 01:55 PM
SoapGal1
Halloween Family
SocRMum1

LOL

Nah.
You're so granola.

concerned
Member Avatar

lysie
Halloween Family
lysie
Quote:

?????????????????????????????????

lysie
Member Avatar

concerned
Feb 25 2014, 02:05 PM
lysie
Halloween Family
lysie
Quote:

?????????????????????????????????

Friends reference. JOEY DOESN'T SHARE FOOD!

Aliaron
Member Avatar

I just don't care what people who don't watch the show and never watched this show think. The actor may think he plays his scenes a certain way. But with the editing and the editor's choice of scenes, the actor's context can change. But you don't know that unless you watch the show.

Perfect example is the characters that play Marvel's FitzSimmons. They said they have always played their scenes with a strictly brother and sister vibe. they did not understand why fans said they would be the next couple. Then they watched the show and said realized that their interactions did look like there was more, even though it was unintentional. Or it was the way it was editted. They understood what where the fans are coming from.

Its not what the actor wants you to see that ends up on screen.

JS would have more sway with me if he actually watched the final results. Maybe not. Because his thoughts on Stefano and EJ's relationship is utter b.s.
Edited by Aliaron, Feb 25 2014, 02:11 PM.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Feb 25 2014, 02:03 PM
mer4santo
SoapGal1
Halloween Family

Nah.
You're so granola.
Is that supposed to be an insult because, you know, it's not.

S loves EJ

Aliaron
Feb 25 2014, 02:09 PM
I just don't care what people who don't watch the show and never watched this show think. The actor may think he plays his scenes a certain way. But with the editing and the editor's choice of scenes, the actor's context can change. But you don't know that unless you watch the show.

Perfect example is the characters that play Marvel's FitzSimmons. They said they have always played their scenes with a strictly brother and sister vibe. they did not understand why fans said they would be the next couple. Then they watched the show and said realized that their interactions did look like there was more, even though it was unintentional. Or it was the way it was editted. They understood what where the fans are coming from.

JS would have more sway with me if he actually watched the final results. Maybe not. Because his thoughts on Stefano and EJ's relationship is utter b.s.

I know JS said he doesn´t watch the show, but I think he watch some of his works. I know he said that he watched clips from the griefsex and that the results looked good.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

S loves EJ
Feb 25 2014, 02:26 PM
Aliaron

I know JS said he doesn´t watch the show, but I think he watch some of his works. I know he said that he watched clips from the griefsex and that the results looked good.
I missed the first quote but I just feel the need to say I get a total brother/sister vibe from FitzSimmons and then they started having them have "feelings" for each other. They are too much alike.

So I really don't agree an actor will get more from the scenes if he or she watches because the work is already done and the actor can't add anymore to it after the fact.

And I do think if an actor really loves a storyline, they will probably unintentionally put more effort into it. It's human nature. Therefore those scenes should stand out to some degree over other scenes the actor isn't as into. If reports are true and JS is a huge Ejami fanboy, well, I don't know what to say on that because I see nothing "extra" in his scenes opposite AS as opposed to AZ or KM. (I can't speak for Taylor because I didn't watch those scenes).

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Feb 25 2014, 02:23 PM
SoapGal1
Feb 25 2014, 02:03 PM
mer4santo
SoapGal1

Nah.
You're so granola.
Is that supposed to be an insult because, you know, it's not.
Nah.

Just a statement of fact.

I love you & your granola tendencies, :wub2:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

Tripp
Feb 25 2014, 02:34 PM
S loves EJ
Feb 25 2014, 02:26 PM
Aliaron

I missed the first quote but I just feel the need to say I get a total brother/sister vibe from FitzSimmons and then they started having them have "feelings" for each other. They are too much alike.

So I really don't agree an actor will get more from the scenes if he or she watches because the work is already done and the actor can't add anymore to it after the fact.

And I do think if an actor really loves a storyline, they will probably unintentionally put more effort into it. It's human nature. Therefore those scenes should stand out to some degree over other scenes the actor isn't as into. If reports are true and JS is a huge Ejami fanboy, well, I don't know what to say on that because I see nothing "extra" in his scenes opposite AS as opposed to AZ or KM. (I can't speak for Taylor because I didn't watch those scenes).
I see him trying too hard with AS...their scenes always come off as super rehearsed, and 'acted' to me...I'm sure that is not what I'm suppose to take away from them.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply