Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for the week February 24th
Topic Started: Feb 21 2014, 05:11 PM (8,412 Views)
mer4santo
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Feb 25 2014, 02:26 PM
Aliaron
Feb 25 2014, 02:09 PM
I just don't care what people who don't watch the show and never watched this show think. The actor may think he plays his scenes a certain way. But with the editing and the editor's choice of scenes, the actor's context can change. But you don't know that unless you watch the show.

Perfect example is the characters that play Marvel's FitzSimmons. They said they have always played their scenes with a strictly brother and sister vibe. they did not understand why fans said they would be the next couple. Then they watched the show and said realized that their interactions did look like there was more, even though it was unintentional. Or it was the way it was editted. They understood what where the fans are coming from.

Its not what the actor wants you to see that ends up on screen.

JS would have more sway with me if he actually watched the final results. Maybe not. Because his thoughts on Stefano and EJ's relationship is utter b.s.

I know JS said he doesnīt watch the show, but I think he watch some of his works. I know he said that he watched clips from the griefsex and that the results looked good.
Which is a testament to him having no idea how things should look when they are good. Most of grief sex was just embarrassing....see stumbling crying zombie.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

What s with all the speculation that Abby's gonna end up pregnant? I haven't been around here much...was there some spoiler indicating this or is it just board speculation? Personally, I will scream if there's another damn baby coming...

S loves EJ

I havenīt read spoilers that much so not as far as I know but Jennifer saying to Abby on tuesdayīs show - when you become a mother ... sounded like they were hinting at Abby being pregnant.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

S loves EJ
Feb 25 2014, 04:13 PM
I havenīt read spoilers that much so not as far as I know but Jennifer saying to Abby on tuesdayīs show - when you become a mother ... sounded like they were hinting at Abby being pregnant.
Yea but they also Jennifer say the same thing to JJ right before his friends showed up. (Not that he would be a mother but should he have kids one day.)

Ghani
Member Avatar

Lil
Feb 25 2014, 03:40 PM
What s with all the speculation that Abby's gonna end up pregnant? I haven't been around here much...was there some spoiler indicating this or is it just board speculation? Personally, I will scream if there's another damn baby coming...

Spoiler: click to toggle

Ghani
Member Avatar

Double post.
Edited by Ghani, Feb 25 2014, 04:43 PM.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Tripp
Feb 25 2014, 02:34 PM
S loves EJ
Aliaron
I just don't care what people who don't watch the show and never watched this show think. The actor may think he plays his scenes a certain way. But with the editing and the editor's choice of scenes, the actor's context can change. But you don't know that unless you watch the show.

Perfect example is the characters that play Marvel's FitzSimmons. They said they have always played their scenes with a strictly brother and sister vibe. they did not understand why fans said they would be the next couple. Then they watched the show and said realized that their interactions did look like there was more, even though it was unintentional. Or it was the way it was editted. They understood what where the fans are coming from.

JS would have more sway with me if he actually watched the final results. Maybe not. Because his thoughts on Stefano and EJ's relationship is utter b.s.

I know JS said he doesnīt watch the show, but I think he watch some of his works. I know he said that he watched clips from the griefsex and that the results looked good.
I missed the first quote but I just feel the need to say I get a total brother/sister vibe from FitzSimmons and then they started having them have "feelings" for each other. They are too much alike.

So I really don't agree an actor will get more from the scenes if he or she watches because the work is already done and the actor can't add anymore to it after the fact.

And I do think if an actor really loves a storyline, they will probably unintentionally put more effort into it. It's human nature. Therefore those scenes should stand out to some degree over other scenes the actor isn't as into. If reports are true and JS is a huge Ejami fanboy, well, I don't know what to say on that because I see nothing "extra" in his scenes opposite AS as opposed to AZ or KM. (I can't speak for Taylor because I didn't watch those scenes).
What I'm saying is that FitzSimmons never played the development of feelings. That's just what we saw. The actors were like taken by surprised how it looked on air. They were like "hey, we are flirting with each other. When did that happen?" (They say that in an interview. It's funny) Where they first said they would never be more than friend, the actors quickly change that from impossible to possible because of what was airing and fans reactions.

The actor does not have the final say on what we finally see. JS never watches the final result. He is the guy who chooses the colors for the painting but doesn't stick around to actually see what's painting. So his critique is not fully informed as those who watch the actual show.

Edited by Aliaron, Feb 25 2014, 05:28 PM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Aliaron

Perfect example is the characters that play Marvel's FitzSimmons. They said they have always played their scenes with a strictly brother and sister vibe.
I'm behind on some episodes but that's what I have gotten from them--a sibling vibe so they hit their mark.
Edited by Halloween Family, Feb 25 2014, 05:25 PM.

outrageous
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Feb 25 2014, 02:46 AM
LuvingLumi
Feb 24 2014, 03:22 PM
six
Feb 24 2014, 03:16 PM
Angie79
Feb 24 2014, 02:53 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
That interview was released on the same day that EJ and Abby kissed, which we already knew was happening, due to the promo, and he spoke about EJ's opinion of Abby. You can't get more story-related than that.
well that's fine and all but that still doesn't necessarily mean that what I said isn't true. He is having an affair with Abby...he was engaged to Sami....his 'relationship' is with Sami....obviously...even at the point of the kiss before the cabin...I can still see where James would say that he doesn't see Ej in a relationship with anyone else....but that doesn't mean that is not where this is going to end up in time. At the point of the interview he was justifying Ej's actions and giving his opinion that he can't see him in a relationship outside of Sami...then again, he's been in a relationship with Nicole, and with Taylor...so what exactly can we really take from what he says?

...hanging onto every single word James says will lead to sure disappointment, since his brilliant twists and fantastic shit leads to a bunch of head scratching from those that have followed him and liked his stories for years.

I wouldnīt hang on to every single word but JS seems to love Ejami based on several interview where he has been fangirling a lot and talking about how he thinks they deserves a wedding. I do thinks he likes working with AZ and KM too though and he has at least sold the Ejabby story to me so I donīt think he has been scratching his head until I get indications that says otherwise. I can see how he would enjoy a front burner storyline and see that there are other stories for him when AS leaves. Maybe he has been vague in interviews to not upset the Ejami fans and former EJ fans probably would have been lost anyway since AS is leaving. I get the impression from the interview though that he thinks what EJami done to each other in the past is worse and I agree but it seems like there are people who thinks Ejabby sleeping together is worse maybe because cheating is more close to home.
There shouldn't be a lot of EJ fans lost because AS is leaving. JS loves this character because of the lack of limits to what it can do, and so do I. I don't put anything past EJ, and I admired his cleverness in some of his schemes and manipulation skills.

Which brings me to this: I hated when EJ had to be dumbed down not to figure out that Nicole was wearing a rubber belly with all the Dimera cameras in the house. I hated when he was apparently deaf standing in the doorway while she was talking to the said rubber belly.

And I hated this storyline when EJ Dimera could only think of sex to shut Abigail up. As if...

The reason why many viewers hate the show IMO is because everything is written for plot points and shock value. There are no continuous storylines, nothing penned out with thought and purpose behind it. As soon as one seems to be promissing, it just take another turn. So then why get invested in the show?
Edited by outrageous, Feb 25 2014, 09:57 PM.

Ghani
Member Avatar

outrageous
Feb 25 2014, 09:37 PM
And I hated this storyline when EJ Dimera could only think of sex to shut Abigail up.
I see no reason for the hate in this instance because that is not the reason he had sex with her. He used it to his advantage afterward, sure, but I think the show made it pretty clear that he had sex with her because he wanted to.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Ghani
Feb 25 2014, 10:06 PM
outrageous
And I hated this storyline when EJ Dimera could only think of sex to shut Abigail up.
I see no reason for the hate in this instance because that is not the reason he had sex with her. He used it to his advantage afterward, sure, but I think the show made it pretty clear that he had sex with her because he wanted to.
He made everything worse for him. There's selfish but then there is stupid and Ej's a dumbass.

outrageous
Member Avatar

Ghani
outrageous
The first time he had sex with her was to prevent her to going to Hope. Apparently he could think of nothing else at that moment. It was out of character for two reasons: one, EJ would have thought of something clever and intimidating to say. He made Adriennes blood run cold with a sentence: "are you feeling safe?" Two, EJ is fiercely loyal to his family. He didn't tell Sami about Kristen's rape out of loyalty to his sister. He gave everything back to Stephano out of loyalty to Sami and his children. And I'm supposed to believe that he lost his brains and all that loyalty that one time at the cabin? And for Abby, who he felt and feels nothing for except a little sorry and friendship? Sure he slept with her another couple of times, but he threw her away like a used kleenex. That's the only thing he did in charcter in this storyline.

Ghani
Member Avatar

outrageous
Feb 25 2014, 10:21 PM
Ghani
outrageous
The first time he had sex with her was to prevent her to going to Hope. Apparently he could think of nothing else at that moment. It was out of character for two reasons: one, EJ would have thought of something clever and intimidating to say. He made Adriennes blood run cold with a sentence: "are you feeling safe?" Two, EJ is fiercely loyal to his family. He didn't tell Sami about Kristen's rape out of loyalty to his sister. He gave everything back to Stephano out of loyalty to Sami and his children. And I'm supposed to believe that he lost his brains and all that loyalty that one time at the cabin? And for Abby, who he felt and feels nothing for except a little sorry and friendship? Sure he slept with her another couple of times, but he threw her away like a used kleenex. That's the only thing he did in charcter in this storyline.
I don't think he "apparently could think of nothing else at that moment" precisely because I think that having sex with Abby was not some last measure he could think of to prevent her to talk to Hope, but something he wanted to do as I stated in my previous post. He was lonely and he was attracted to her. It happened.

As for "all the loyalty": He had to lose it somewhere/sometime, because he sure as hell wasn't loyal to Sami all the times he had sex and almost sex with Abby in the cabin and afterwards.

I think he is attracted to Abby, thinks she is inteligent and beautiful, likes her as a person and cares for her. He was being harsh with her in his office because he wanted to show her that she didn't really want to be his mistress and he did that precisely because he cares for her and he was able to get through to her because he knows her good enough. Plus he started to be nice again right after that. That doesn't equal "threw her away like a used kleenex" at all, IMO.
Edited by Ghani, Feb 25 2014, 11:24 PM.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

outrageous
Ghani
outrageous
EJ has a history of selling out or betraying members of his family for his own selfish whims. And he has a history of cheating. He didn't give a damn that it put both Sami and Will in danger from Stefano when he stole Stefano's companies. He's sold out Chad twice, He's turned on Stefano many times. He hardly moved heaven and earth to rescue Lexie from the tunnels. He had no problem betraying and being a huge dick to his big brother Benjy.
Edited by TreasureCove, Feb 25 2014, 11:26 PM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Feb 25 2014, 11:20 PM
outrageous
Ghani
outrageous
EJ has a history of selling out or betraying members of his family for his own selfish whims. And he has a history of cheating. He didn't give a damn that it put both Sami and Will in danger from Stefano when he stole Stefano's companies. He's sold out Chad twice, He's turned on Stefano many times. he had no problem being a dick to his big brother Benjy.
Can someone refresh my memory when Ej sold out Chad twice?

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Chad begged EJ to help him convince Melanie to forgive him, and to stay in Salem. EJ promised he would, but didn't even try, instead he tried to use Chad's situation to benefit himself, and got physical with his brother when Chad called him on it.. He also blackmailed Chad into moving back into the dimansion for his own selfish reasons.
Edited by TreasureCove, Feb 25 2014, 11:35 PM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Feb 25 2014, 11:34 PM
Chad begged EJ to help him convince Melanie to forgive him, and to stay in Salem. EJ promised he would, but didn't even try, instead he tried to use Chad's situation to benefit himself, and got physical with his brother when Chad called him on it.. He also blackmailed Chad into moving back into the dimansion for his own selfish reasons.
Thanks. Ok that vaguely sounds familiar. Ej's family loyalty is pretty whimsical.

S loves EJ

outrageous
S loves EJ
Feb 25 2014, 02:46 AM
LuvingLumi
Feb 24 2014, 03:22 PM
six
Feb 24 2014, 03:16 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
well that's fine and all but that still doesn't necessarily mean that what I said isn't true. He is having an affair with Abby...he was engaged to Sami....his 'relationship' is with Sami....obviously...even at the point of the kiss before the cabin...I can still see where James would say that he doesn't see Ej in a relationship with anyone else....but that doesn't mean that is not where this is going to end up in time. At the point of the interview he was justifying Ej's actions and giving his opinion that he can't see him in a relationship outside of Sami...then again, he's been in a relationship with Nicole, and with Taylor...so what exactly can we really take from what he says?

...hanging onto every single word James says will lead to sure disappointment, since his brilliant twists and fantastic shit leads to a bunch of head scratching from those that have followed him and liked his stories for years.

I wouldnīt hang on to every single word but JS seems to love Ejami based on several interview where he has been fangirling a lot and talking about how he thinks they deserves a wedding. I do thinks he likes working with AZ and KM too though and he has at least sold the Ejabby story to me so I donīt think he has been scratching his head until I get indications that says otherwise. I can see how he would enjoy a front burner storyline and see that there are other stories for him when AS leaves. Maybe he has been vague in interviews to not upset the Ejami fans and former EJ fans probably would have been lost anyway since AS is leaving. I get the impression from the interview though that he thinks what EJami done to each other in the past is worse and I agree but it seems like there are people who thinks Ejabby sleeping together is worse maybe because cheating is more close to home.
There shouldn't be a lot of EJ fans lost because AS is leaving. JS loves this character because of the lack of limits to what it can do, and so do I. I don't put anything past EJ, and I admired his cleverness in some of his schemes and manipulation skills.

Which brings me to this: I hated when EJ had to be dumbed down not to figure out that Nicole was wearing a rubber belly with all the Dimera cameras in the house. I hated when he was apparently deaf standing in the doorway while she was talking to the said rubber belly.

And I hated this storyline when EJ Dimera could only think of sex to shut Abigail up. As if...

The reason why many viewers hate the show IMO is because everything is written for plot points and shock value. There are no continuous storylines, nothing penned out with thought and purpose behind it. As soon as one seems to be promissing, it just take another turn. So then why get invested in the show?

You right they shouldnīt loose those who just are EJ fans but more most Ejamiīs .

I think most who likes EJ wants him bad but not so bad that he becomes Stefano2 or a cartoon villain but I can be wrong, and while I can see EJ as a standalone villain for a while Iīm not sure if he can be just a villain without a loveinterest for ever. I do like Ejabbyīs chemistry but I donīt know if I want them as a couple unless EJ can remains crey he shouldnīt be reformed I do want EJ bad but not like Stefano he should have a heart.
Edited by S loves EJ, Feb 26 2014, 06:58 AM.

S loves EJ

Tripp
Feb 25 2014, 02:34 PM
S loves EJ
Aliaron

I missed the first quote but I just feel the need to say I get a total brother/sister vibe from FitzSimmons and then they started having them have "feelings" for each other. They are too much alike.

So I really don't agree an actor will get more from the scenes if he or she watches because the work is already done and the actor can't add anymore to it after the fact.

And I do think if an actor really loves a storyline, they will probably unintentionally put more effort into it. It's human nature. Therefore those scenes should stand out to some degree over other scenes the actor isn't as into. If reports are true and JS is a huge Ejami fanboy, well, I don't know what to say on that because I see nothing "extra" in his scenes opposite AS as opposed to AZ or KM. (I can't speak for Taylor because I didn't watch those scenes).

I donīt know if itīs because of lack of effort, or because Iīm Ejami biased or because the writing for Ejole hasnīt been perfect but JS hasnīt been able to convinve that EJ has been that into Ejole where I felt he only have eyes for Sami. Still I liked Ejole in some scenes so maybe if they were to write Nicole as the only woman for EJ instead of having Nicole insecure about EJ`s feelings for Sami and him picturing Sami while in bed with Nicole maybe I can get on board with Ejole.

As for Ejabby it does look like he is putting in effort in the scenes to me, but in the same I think EJ has looked happiest when being with Sami. Ejabby hasnīt been written to be inlove though but as having an affair so maybe EJ could become happy with Abby if they were to become a real couple.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Feb 26 2014, 11:56 AM

As for Ejabby it does look like he is putting in effort in the scenes to me, but in the same I think EJ has looked happiest when being with Sami. Ejabby hasnīt been written to be inlove though but as having an affair so maybe EJ could become happy with Abby if they were to become a real couple.
I don't see any chemistry. Like at all. Ever. But I don't think James is "throwing it". From what I see, James is trying hard with the sex scenes at least, he's been delivering it like the mail man. I could see him saying WTF? in the beginning and maybe even a bit disappointed because he may have been vested in Ejami's love story. I'd imagine as an actor it would be hard to jerked around just like it's for the audience but I don't get the sense he hates it either.
Edited by Halloween Family, Feb 26 2014, 12:41 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply