Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days to Return to Australian TV!
Topic Started: Feb 23 2014, 06:39 PM (1,546 Views)
paul89

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/days-of-our-lives-returns-to-australian-tv-20140224-33b1d.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

awesome news!

but why use that random photo of Hattie?

paul89

blueskies
Feb 23 2014, 06:43 PM
awesome news!

but why use that random photo of Hattie?

i dont know why they use photo of Hattie :$

somersetfan
Member Avatar

I wonder what "10 episodes" they will choose to catch viewers up?? I am assuming DAYSaster and Kristen stuff for sure.

concerned
Member Avatar

Got to love the choice of photos they went with and stars they mentioned.

AS didn't get much of a go.
JS didn't get a mention or a photo.

And I've never heard any one refer to Austin and Sami as a supercouple before. Ever.

Lots of use of Hope and Bo and Dr Colin Murphy far more prominent than I would have thought.
If its just an Australian actor thing you think they would have gone with Thaao or even Bren Foster.

six
Member Avatar

Yeah, that is a really strange photo set. Who even remembered that there was a character named Dr. Greg Peters, besides Jason, Matt, and the former Dr. Peters?

Then there's a scene from like 30 years into the show labeled as an "early" scene.

Good for Days, though. Does the show make a significant amount of money from being shown overseas?
Edited by six, Feb 23 2014, 08:49 PM.

am103
Member Avatar

Cool news! This definitely has to be a good thing for Days.

presley23
Member Avatar

This is great news for us Aussies (well those of us with Foxtel anyway), same day as the US is unheard of for soaps over here.

I agree with the odd use of photos with that article - you can always tell when it's written by someone with no knowledge of the show at all!! They always seem to trot out a Justin Melvey picture with these type of articles - no idea why. Maybe they think he's the only Aussie actor that has been on Days. The irony is, we didn't even see his eps over here, as he was on during the years that were skipped by the previous network in order to bring us closer to US dates!

DaniBlondy
Member Avatar

Im just wondering how far they will 'Catch us up' will it be OLD Eps or will it be the currently airing ep's as they do (Foxtel) my parents have it on both tv's in the house alas I don't have it on my tv.

I wonder if it will be like Teen Wolf and Looking where the eps are screened just 'Hours' after they have aired in america as when I was watching on CH9 before it got the axe it was before CM'S Will had yet to come out so Australia was still a fair way behind in episodes so it will be interesting to see what is shown.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

presley23
Member Avatar

DaniBlondy
Feb 24 2014, 05:15 AM
Im just wondering how far they will 'Catch us up' will it be OLD Eps or will it be the currently airing ep's as they do (Foxtel) my parents have it on both tv's in the house alas I don't have it on my tv.

I wonder if it will be like Teen Wolf and Looking where the eps are screened just 'Hours' after they have aired in america as when I was watching on CH9 before it got the axe it was before CM'S Will had yet to come out so Australia was still a fair way behind in episodes so it will be interesting to see what is shown.

They'll be catching us up to what's currently airing in the US, as in we'll see it the same day they do. There is more info here:

http://www.arenatv.com.au/shows/days-of-our-lives.html
Edited by presley23, Feb 24 2014, 08:22 AM.

Team WilSon
Member Avatar
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

This is awesome! I only wish it was "Days to return to Finnish TV!" :D

cajnej
Member Avatar

This is great news. I never understood why Chanel 9 got rid of it anyway. Days has always been popular here. I love the fact that it will be shown so quickly and I know many people who will be very happy to hear this news.

As for the random photos, just so typical of Australian reporting of USA Soaps. As Presley23 said in her post the person assigned to writing the article rarely knows anything at all about the subject matter and really they have no excuse because all they woudl have to do is just look on the Internet for up to date information and pictures. Some one has probably dug out a 10 year old issue of an Aussie Soap Magazine or an old TV week. Very poor research but we in Australia expect that level when it comes to Soap reporting.

I will forgive the bad pictures because the news was good!!! :cheer:

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Team WilSon
Feb 24 2014, 09:53 AM
Days doesn't air in Finland anymore?

Team WilSon
Member Avatar
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

Sindacco
Feb 24 2014, 11:45 PM
Team WilSon
No. It hasn't aired here since 2011.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Happy for Aussies about the catching up, but it's too bad you are just about to skip the whole year when Days became so good again.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Team WilSon
Feb 25 2014, 06:44 AM
Sindacco
Feb 24 2014, 11:45 PM
Team WilSon
No. It hasn't aired here since 2011.
I'm sorry to hear that.

nananana7

promo clip for Days coming to Australia

blueskies
Member Avatar

nananana7
Mar 19 2014, 11:00 AM

i hope they get the book club & probably the one where Eric confronts Kristen right at the end.

But that's kind of mean, "You missed it".

And did SC say 3 women were fighting over Daniel at the same time???

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

blueskies
Mar 19 2014, 11:23 AM
nananana7

i hope they get the book club & probably the one where Eric confronts Kristen right at the end.

Theresa, Jennifer and Chloe? :shrug:

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

Ally
Mar 19 2014, 01:22 PM
blueskies
Mar 19 2014, 11:23 AM
nananana7

Theresa, Jennifer and Chloe? :shrug:
Pretty sure he meant Jennifer, Chloe and Maggie.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply