Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, February 24th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 24 2014, 05:12 AM (18,479 Views)
Kaha
Member Avatar

Kimba73
Feb 24 2014, 11:34 PM
Kate S.
Feb 24 2014, 01:40 PM
Sonny: "Are you driving?"

Brady: "...Since when do we have cars in this town?"
Did Brady actually say this line? I watched the scenes twice and never heard it. :shrug:
No, he didn't. I am sure it's a snark.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Feb 24 2014, 11:24 PM
lysie
Feb 24 2014, 11:13 PM
gailwinters
Feb 24 2014, 10:28 PM
CJ127
Feb 24 2014, 10:13 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I think EJ loves Sami's crap. A large part of the problem between them was that she stopped sharing her crap with him.
One of my least favorite things about EJ is that he makes me side with Sami. This has been true in this story too. His lie to her started out stupid and minor, but he kept making it worse to the point of mocking her and her brother who she happens to actually care about. EJ has had the ability to fix what was wrong with his relationship all along, and he chose not to do it. Sami didn't stop sharing until EJ stopped sharing. EJ wants Sami to trust him despite him not being trustworthy. There's a good way to be a flawed person in a relationship and I think this particular regime is screwing it up across the board with their couples right now.
I don't disagree with any of that. But my point is that EJ loves sharing Sami's crap. I think James has mentioned in at least a couple of interviews that from his perspective, EJ likes to help Sami with her crap. Maybe her crap takes his mind off his own crap. :D
In the last few months he's whined about it and seemed incredibly annoyed by Sami's crap regardless of what James has said. I could make a proclamation on what I think about his feelings on their relationship, but it's all written so inconsistently that it really just doesn't matter.

lysie
Member Avatar

marie1969
lysie
gailwinters
CJ127

I think EJ loves Sami's crap. A large part of the problem between them was that she stopped sharing her crap with him.
One of my least favorite things about EJ is that he makes me side with Sami. This has been true in this story too. His lie to her started out stupid and minor, but he kept making it worse to the point of mocking her and her brother who she happens to actually care about. EJ has had the ability to fix what was wrong with his relationship all along, and he chose not to do it. Sami didn't stop sharing until EJ stopped sharing. EJ wants Sami to trust him despite him not being trustworthy. There's a good way to be a flawed person in a relationship and I think this particular regime is screwing it up across the board with their couples right now.

I never felt that Ej had to get involved in the Kristen/Eric mess for Sami's sake. I supported Ej's decision to keep his mouth shut. If I were in his position, I would have stayed out of it too. Heck, I have been caught in between my husband's family and my own and I did exactly that even if deep down I knew my family was wrong. Blood is ticker than water. I bet if it had been Will, Ej would have been willing to stick his neck out for him because he cares about Will. But Eric has treated him like a piece of gum in the bottom of his shoe, so Ej is not obligated to risk his safety and the safety of his family to help him.

That being said, Sami has every right to stand by her brother and I even supported her when she kicked ej out of her bed. But she took things too far and put Eric before her relationship with Ej which is something I would have never have done. My husband comes before my extended family no matter what.
Unfortunately he didn't stay out of it. He lied to her face and acted like her questions were unfounded and ridiculous and then went on to mock Eric. But I also don't agree that blood is thicker than water when it comes to these things. Especially since EJ's blood isn't even part of the equation and his relationship with Kristen amounted to nothing. I also don't agree that Eric has treated EJ badly, at least not until this happened. Besides, it's not about EJ being obligated to do anything. He chose to lie to his fiancÚ. That has nothing to do with Eric. His obligation would have been to her. Being mad that EJ lied to her face isn't the same as putting Eric first.

marie1969

Kinay
Feb 24 2014, 03:55 PM
Rosebud
Feb 24 2014, 02:44 PM
Kinay
Feb 24 2014, 01:11 PM
Best scene of the day when EJ admits how disgusting he is for cheating on the woman he loves more than anything. Yup, that is one of the many disgusting things you've done, to her and to others. Abby girl, cut your losses, the guy's a creep anyway, you can do much better.
Theresa and Brady need to get drunk and ride off a cliff together.
Daniel and Jen, meh. Don't care either way.
Sami going off on Nicole, what else is new. Now she's harping on the Demiras for ruining Eric, like she didn't know how they operate when she moved in there. Can't wait for her to find out about her precious EJ's fling with Abbigail. I predict a lot of stomping.
And what about her own culpability... She knew Elvis knew things about what Kristen did,why didn't she tell Abe and Hope to interrogate him? Instead she just told him he couldn't have sex with her. Yea, that will help Eric's case, Sami... :rolleyes:
I thought the exact same thing when she was in Nicole's face blaming her. What did Sami do to help out her brother? Nothing except rant and rave and withhold sex from EJ. Sami is too busy worrying about herself and covering up her own dirty deeds to ever be there for anybody else, even her own twin brother who she supposedly loves more than anything. She's known all along the Demiras are out to get her family yet she chose to live under their roof so yeah, she can blame herself for what happened to Eric.

Sami is not wrong about Nicole, she did destroy any proof that could clear Eric didn't she? and what was Sami expected to do regarding the Eric situation? give up the man she loves and break up her family once again to show support to Eric who could give 2 shit about her? Remind me again the last time Eric did anything for Sami? Last time I checked Eric is a grown ass man perfectly capable to fight his own battle. He already has Daniel, Nicole, SPD and Marlena helping him while he has done absolutely nothing to help himself. I wish someone would explain to me how Sami could possibly do anything to fix eric's problem (besides offering him moral support which she has been doing)? Coincidentally, that is exactly what Eric offered to Sami when she was rotting in jail, just moral support and nothing else. What's good for the goose.....

Kaha
Member Avatar

The writers are laying it on thick Eric's believe in, and devotion to Nicole. He told BT (the monk), that he loves his family with all of his heart, but he loves Nicole above all else. And now, he's constantly thanking her, praising her, and talking about all of her wonderfulness. After all that, you know what's coming once her actions become public. He will be completely disillusioned with her and crushed.

marie1969

lysie
Feb 24 2014, 11:44 PM
marie1969
lysie
gailwinters

I never felt that Ej had to get involved in the Kristen/Eric mess for Sami's sake. I supported Ej's decision to keep his mouth shut. If I were in his position, I would have stayed out of it too. Heck, I have been caught in between my husband's family and my own and I did exactly that even if deep down I knew my family was wrong. Blood is ticker than water. I bet if it had been Will, Ej would have been willing to stick his neck out for him because he cares about Will. But Eric has treated him like a piece of gum in the bottom of his shoe, so Ej is not obligated to risk his safety and the safety of his family to help him.

That being said, Sami has every right to stand by her brother and I even supported her when she kicked ej out of her bed. But she took things too far and put Eric before her relationship with Ej which is something I would have never have done. My husband comes before my extended family no matter what.
Unfortunately he didn't stay out of it. He lied to her face and acted like her questions were unfounded and ridiculous and then went on to mock Eric. But I also don't agree that blood is thicker than water when it comes to these things. Especially since EJ's blood isn't even part of the equation and his relationship with Kristen amounted to nothing. I also don't agree that Eric has treated EJ badly, at least not until this happened. Besides, it's not about EJ being obligated to do anything. He chose to lie to his fiancÚ. That has nothing to do with Eric. His obligation would have been to her. Being mad that EJ lied to her face isn't the same as putting Eric first.
We will have to agree to disagree on this one. but I should point out that Eric did treat Ej badly since the day he met him. He called him sinner to his face. He was against Sami getting involved with Ej. Yes I know he has ground because of the history, but he has no problem forgiving Nicole and giving her a clean slate even after she kidnapped sami's baby. Besides, aren't priest supposed to be forgiving and not judge? I don't care enough to list all the occasions that he has treated ej with contempt and disdain, but the fact is he has numerous times.

when ej mocked Eric to his face, he deserved it for getting in Ej's face in his own home and accuse him of crap and taunting that Sami would leave him.

As far as Ej lying to Sami, he was caught between a rock and a hard place. It is not like Sami has never lied to him. He should not have lied, but considering that Stefano owns him since he had to hand over his life to him in order to keep Sami out of prison, I would say his hands were tied.

concerned
Member Avatar

Kaha
Feb 25 2014, 12:09 AM
The writers are laying it on thick Eric's believe in, and devotion to Nicole. He told BT (the monk), that he loves his family with all of his heart, but he loves Nicole above all else. And now, he's constantly thanking her, praising her, and talking about all of her wonderfulness. After all that, you know what's coming once her actions become public. He will be completely disillusioned with her and crushed.
Well as long as she doesn't falsely accuse him of raping her.

If he loves her as much as he claims he does he should be able to forgive a little bit of treachery.
Everyone else in town seems to get forgiven for much worse.

What scared me far worse was his description of Brother Timothy as a "remarkable man".

Edited by concerned, Feb 25 2014, 12:22 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

marie1969
Feb 25 2014, 12:12 AM
lysie
marie1969
lysie

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. but I should point out that Eric did treat Ej badly since the day he met him. He called him sinner to his face. He was against Sami getting involved with Ej. Yes I know he has ground because of the history, but he has no problem forgiving Nicole and giving her a clean slate even after she kidnapped sami's baby. Besides, aren't priest supposed to be forgiving and not judge? I don't care enough to list all the occasions that he has treated ej with contempt and disdain, but the fact is he has numerous times.

when ej mocked Eric to his face, he deserved it for getting in Ej's face in his own home and accuse him of crap and taunting that Sami would leave him.

As far as Ej lying to Sami, he was caught between a rock and a hard place. It is not like Sami has never lied to him. He should not have lied, but considering that Stefano owns him since he had to hand over his life to him in order to keep Sami out of prison, I would say his hands were tied.
Stefano no longer owns him. That was over in October. When he initially lied to Sami I agree that he was between a rock and a hard place (but that had nothing to do with Stefano). I defended him initially, felt sorry for him, and said so. It was a few days later that he made things worse. Nothing Eric did or could do has anything to do with it. Personally, I think Eric initially treated EJ way better than any normal human would. Yes, priests are supposed to be forgiving, but forgiveness is a process, not an on/off switch. Eric has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion, though. I don't agree that EJ is some poor pathetic victim of circumstances here. He could have been, but due to his own choices he's not. And now I"m right back with the character where I have been in ever major story he has ever had. He's making me side with Sami, and I don't want to watch a show where Sami is in the right.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

salem_viewer
Feb 24 2014, 04:14 PM
Nicole Walker
Feb 24 2014, 04:08 PM
Kinay
Feb 24 2014, 03:55 PM
Rosebud
Feb 24 2014, 02:44 PM

I thought the exact same thing when she was in Nicole's face blaming her. What did Sami do to help out her brother? Nothing except rant and rave and withhold sex from EJ. Sami is too busy worrying about herself and covering up her own dirty deeds to ever be there for anybody else, even her own twin brother who she supposedly loves more than anything. She's known all along the Demiras are out to get her family yet she chose to live under their roof so yeah, she can blame herself for what happened to Eric.
LMFAO! I can't wait for Sami to get hers!
What did Sami do to cause Eric to get drugged. Seems to me only Kristin and Nicole have affected him leaving priesthood.
The reason I pointed out that Sami is also culpable is because she is going around blaming second parties like Nicole (today). If she would just shut up and stop trying to blame people, I wouldn't care about her hypocrisy.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

AmbernOK
Feb 24 2014, 04:24 PM
I wasn't annoyed with Dannifer until that kiss!! That was the worst kiss I've EVER SEEN!! :wtf: was that??? All I could think about was how the heck is Dannifer kissing before Ericole...again.. :wtf:

Oh, we didn't see Nicole flashback of her shredding the papers, so maybe she will really get to fix her mistake tomorrow!!

LOL @ Ericole BOTH telling Marlena on different days, "Don't Shrink Me!" :boxing:
Poor Marlena can't talk to anyone without them accusing her of that.
Edited by Rosebud, Feb 25 2014, 08:22 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Feb 24 2014, 11:28 PM
lysie
gailwinters
CJ127

Sigh... Sami is the only one in this storyline I feel sorry for. Yes, EJ was rejected and turned out by Sami, but it's because he was a complete ass about the Kristen-Eric crap. Sorry Eej, but no pity for you. And yes, Abby got used by EJ as sexual and emotional salve when Sami rejected him, but she was more than willing to let herself be treated that way. Sorry Abs, you get none of my tears. Sami is the only one that I feel bad for and I HATE feeling sorry for Sami. This story sucks all the way around for me.
I don't feel sorry for any of them. I'm on Sami's side, but she's so unrootable that I can't feel sorry for her or look forward to her revenge or reaction.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

DayDreamer
Feb 24 2014, 04:28 PM
Rosebud
Feb 24 2014, 02:35 PM
Matt
Feb 24 2014, 01:05 PM
love, love, LOVE Theresa's retro-styled up-do today
I realize there are high functioning drug addicts and drunks, but Jeanie never ever seems like she is high or drunk. Not in the slightest does her personality or phish cal demeanor ever change. At least Brady sort of looks like a druggie and drunk, despite his neon white teeth and muscle bound body.

Maybe she can hold her liquor a bit better than Brady? :shrug:
Maybe,but I honestly have never seen her drunk in any capacity.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

One thing I noticed during those EJ/Abby scenes is how Kate Mansi played it almost as if she was afraid of EJ once he started to get nasty with her. She did this really nice mix of fear & confusion that had some nice nuance to it.

concerned
Member Avatar

When did Stefano un own him?

I thought that that was like a lifetime deal. Was there a scene I missed where he released him for good behaviour?

Was it something to do with poor Chad's near demise?

So that means EJ and Sami and brood are now free to leave the Dimera Mansion?
Has EJ told Sami that they are "free" from the deal?

lysie
Member Avatar

concerned
Feb 25 2014, 12:28 AM

I thought that that was like a lifetime deal. Was there a scene I missed where he released him for good behaviour?

When he apologized when Chad almost died.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

marie1969
lysie
marie1969
lysie

Eric only gave Nicole forgiveness and a clean slate because Nicole apologized and asked for forgiveness.

EJ did not apologize. EJ did not ask for forgiveness. EJ is not sorry for what he did to Eric's family.

EJ opened the door to Eric and immediately began mocking him before he'd even said a word. Rape victims do NOT deserve to be mocked for being raped.

EJ didn't just lie to Sami. He went out of his way to make jokes about the entire situation, be nasty to Eric, and yell at Sami. He could have found a way to secretly give them the information they needed to help Eric. He didn't bother.

concerned
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 25 2014, 12:29 AM
concerned

Did he get to unkiss the ring?

(see what happens when you go on holidays)

lysie
Member Avatar

concerned
Feb 25 2014, 12:32 AM
lysie
Feb 25 2014, 12:29 AM
concerned

Did he get to unkiss the ring?

(see what happens when you go on holidays)
IDK. I was really busy rolling my eyes at the fact that Stefano apologized...and after only a couple of weeks.

jendays
Member Avatar

jb1183
Feb 24 2014, 06:21 PM
Kinay
Feb 24 2014, 01:11 PM
Best scene of the day when EJ admits how disgusting he is for cheating on the woman he loves more than anything. Yup, that is one of the many disgusting things you've done, to her and to others. Abby girl, cut your losses, the guy's a creep anyway, you can do much better.
I find Ejabby to be extremely hot together (and Ejami to be extremely NOT), so I want ejabby to continue, but I agree with the point that cheating on Sami isn't even among the top ten most heinous things EJ's ever done to her.
But from Sami POV it will be the worst thing. Especially with her history with Marlena and John. She will never forgive EJ.

marie1969

lysie
Feb 25 2014, 12:22 AM
marie1969
lysie
marie1969

Stefano no longer owns him. That was over in October. When he initially lied to Sami I agree that he was between a rock and a hard place (but that had nothing to do with Stefano). I defended him initially, felt sorry for him, and said so. It was a few days later that he made things worse. Nothing Eric did or could do has anything to do with it. Personally, I think Eric initially treated EJ way better than any normal human would. Yes, priests are supposed to be forgiving, but forgiveness is a process, not an on/off switch. Eric has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion, though. I don't agree that EJ is some poor pathetic victim of circumstances here. He could have been, but due to his own choices he's not. And now I"m right back with the character where I have been in ever major story he has ever had. He's making me side with Sami, and I don't want to watch a show where Sami is in the right.
I don't agree that Stefano no longer owns Ej. if that was the case, Ejami could move out of the mansion. The proof is a couple of weeks ago, Ej tried to get information from Stefano about Chyka in order to help capture him and make it up to Sami, Stefano threatened him. He told him if he betrayed his sister, he would make sure that Dr. Chyka tells everyone that he was involved.

I don't think Ej wants to cross Stefano at this point. He tried and succeed when he took over DE. Stefano went after the one thing he cherish the most: his Samantha. I think Ej has learned his lesson, he is not going to cross Stefano again because he would retaliate by going after Sami or Will.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply