Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, February 24th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 24 2014, 05:12 AM (18,615 Views)
SoapGal1
Member Avatar

six
Feb 25 2014, 02:36 PM
SoapGal1
Feb 25 2014, 02:17 PM
SocRMum1
Feb 25 2014, 02:15 PM
SoapGal1
Feb 25 2014, 01:46 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepToo bad Sami is the one and only one Ej has ever wanted. Ej is well aware of Sami's flaws just like Sami is well aware of his. They are perfectly imperfect for each other. Ej has put up a lot of shit for Sami over the years without blinking once I won't mention names of anyone he did want because it upsets my Soapy
I would have liked for her to acknowledge that it would bother me, too. :badmood:

Plus... *raises shipper freak flag*... EJ always wanted Sami even when he said he didn't. He told her that last February in the dialogue of the scenes where they became an official couple. ...*lowers shipper freak flag*...
Until he did Jen Jr in the cabin with the Eejstick.
It's occurred to me that since he's the teapot, the proper name for it is the spout.
He's the teapot. Abby's short & stout.

He got all steamed up &Abby shouted,

He tipped her over & poured the coals to her.

Or something like that.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

SoapGal1
Feb 25 2014, 02:39 PM
six
SoapGal1
SocRMum1

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepToo bad Sami is the one and only one Ej has ever wanted. Ej is well aware of Sami's flaws just like Sami is well aware of his. They are perfectly imperfect for each other. Ej has put up a lot of shit for Sami over the years without blinking once I won't mention names of anyone he did want because it upsets my Soapy
It's occurred to me that since he's the teapot, the proper name for it is the spout.

Or something like that.
Except the person that does most of the shouting in any scenes with EJ is Sami. ANd God knows she's short and stout too.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

SoapGal1
Feb 25 2014, 02:37 PM
SocRMum1
Feb 25 2014, 02:34 PM
SoapGal1
SocRMum1

Yep. He was solid until he let Sprout climb the tree.
I just got a visual of the jolly green giant commericial with Eej in the role of Jolly & Abs as Sprout.
You are welcome.

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
SoapGal1
lysie
Feb 25 2014, 01:36 PM
SoapGal1
Feb 25 2014, 01:31 PM

That's only one reason. I was looking for her other reasons.
Maybe she wants you to talk about the year that did not happen.

I would have liked for her to acknowledge that it would bother me, too. :badmood:

Plus... *raises shipper freak flag*... EJ always wanted Sami even when he said he didn't. He told her that last February in the dialogue of the scenes where they became an official couple. ...*lowers shipper freak flag*...
Thank you.

I know what he said. I also know what aired. :shrug: There was a period of time when he wasn't saying he didn't want her and he was being pretty indifferent to her. I know you remember. ;)

I didn't realize this bothered you as much as it did Soapy.

six
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Feb 25 2014, 02:37 PM
SocRMum1
Feb 25 2014, 02:34 PM
SoapGal1
SocRMum1

Yep. He was solid until he let Sprout climb the tree.
I just got a visual of the jolly green giant commericial with Eej in the role of Jolly & Abs as Sprout.
Even though I don't think it fits, all I can think of now is the GGG's trademark laugh...

mer4santo
Member Avatar

six
SoapGal1
SocRMum1
SoapGal1

Or the teabag.

concerned
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
SoapGal1
lysie
SoapGal1
Feb 25 2014, 01:31 PM

That's only one reason. I was looking for her other reasons.

EJ lies. He lies to people to get them to do what he wants.

I don't think anything he says is admissible.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

concerned
Feb 25 2014, 04:18 PM
SocRMum1
SoapGal1
lysie

Exactly. The writers can have a character say anything about anyone they want. If they wanted tomorrow to end Ejami, they could easily write in for Ej and sami to look at each other, shrug and say "I say we call it quits." (And if wishing made it so!)

That's why I am someone who takes the story into the account. Words can mean nothing if the actions don't back it up. THe progression of a couple's story is sometimes even more important than the end result. The characters can say they love each other and then have sex right after. But if the only conversation they can have where they don't wind up in a fight is over ketchup, THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS COUPLE.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Feb 25 2014, 02:39 PM
six
SoapGal1
SocRMum1

Or something like that.
There's a still of Abby at the cabin with a teapot (more like a kettle) in the forefront. I would loved to meme crunch it to say "After being with EJ, I'll never look at a teapot the same way".
Edited by Halloween Family, Feb 25 2014, 05:27 PM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Feb 25 2014, 04:00 PM
six
SoapGal1
SocRMum1

Or the teabag.
Abs can just breathe thru her nose.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Tripp
Feb 25 2014, 04:23 PM
concerned
SocRMum1
SoapGal1

Exactly. The writers can have a character say anything about anyone they want. If they wanted tomorrow to end Ejami, they could easily write in for Ej and sami to look at each other, shrug and say "I say we call it quits." (And if wishing made it so!)

That's why I am someone who takes the story into the account. Words can mean nothing if the actions don't back it up. THe progression of a couple's story is sometimes even more important than the end result. The characters can say they love each other and then have sex right after. But if the only conversation they can have where they don't wind up in a fight is over ketchup, THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS COUPLE.

Ultimately that's where each of our own perceptions and biases come in to play.

I agree that EJ is a liar. That's clear. But as a viewer I've always felt that EJ has loved and wanted Sami...despite everything going on around them. At his core...she's the one. We could debate back and forth instances where the actions on screen don't support it or do - and I doubt we'd ever see it the same way.

In this case, however, the writers gave EJ dialogue to back up what I believe has always been evident. He told Sami he has wanted her every moment of every day for the last 6&1/2 years. He also told her that even when he said he didn't love her, he did. He's battled it off and on for years.

So my point was simply that not only has that been my perception all along...the writers backed it up with his dialogue.

Could there be dialogue that will come along later that has him saying it was all a lie and was never true? Sure. But it hasn't happened yet and until it does, I'll be convinced that despite their sometimes ridiculous behavior toward one another, he's loved her all along.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Feb 26 2014, 10:53 AM
Tripp
concerned
SocRMum1

I agree that EJ is a liar. That's clear. But as a viewer I've always felt that EJ has loved and wanted Sami...despite everything going on around them. At his core...she's the one. We could debate back and forth instances where the actions on screen don't support it or do - and I doubt we'd ever see it the same way.

In this case, however, the writers gave EJ dialogue to back up what I believe has always been evident. He told Sami he has wanted her every moment of every day for the last 6&1/2 years. He also told her that even when he said he didn't love her, he did. He's battled it off and on for years.

So my point was simply that not only has that been my perception all along...the writers backed it up with his dialogue.

Could there be dialogue that will come along later that has him saying it was all a lie and was never true? Sure. But it hasn't happened yet and until it does, I'll be convinced that despite their sometimes ridiculous behavior toward one another, he's loved her all along.
Exactly!

When I started watching again in 2009, I knew NOTHING about EJ DiMera, but from the first scene I saw of him and Sami, I knew there was something between them. I gradually came to the belief that he loved her in spite of all the reasons he shouldn't and in spite of all the things they did to each other. When the show finally put them together in 2013, the writing reflected almost exactly what I had perceived all along about their feelings for each other.

Now, will future writing negate all that? Possibly.....but if James stays, once Sami is gone, I think EJ's continuing theme will be that no matter what woman he might end up with, it will still be, as Nicole said "Sami, Sami, Sami".
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

I agree with Tripp that the actions sometimes outweigh the dialogue because the actions show the real motive of the person. I never saw love from EJ to Sami...I saw obsession more than anything. I always felt that EJ was more into the 'thrill of the chase' rather than the woman and none of his words have ever made me change my mind about that. His actions with Abby prove at least to me, the 'thrill of the chase' thing...and also the obsession thing...and sure men cheat on the women they love all the time, but it seemed so weird for Ej to finally get Sami and then cheat on her when he wasn't getting laid. That is why in my mind there has to be more to this Ejabby story than what we have seen thus far. I think they will be revisited in time and I don't doubt that in time Ej might end up agreeing with what Kristen told him a while ago, that in order to get over his obsession he has to have it....that is done and now he can move on.

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Tripp
concerned
SocRMum1

Nah. And based on our posting history, I don't even believe that you believe that.

I could go on and on about what love means or blah blah blah, but that's all pointless. I feel the same way about characters saying things like "every" and "always" as I do posters. It's very rare that those words aren't exaggerations where exceptions are easy to find. One line of dialogue doesn't change what I watched play out...at least not when it comes to things like feelings.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 26 2014, 11:49 AM
SocRMum1
Tripp
concerned

Nah. And based on our posting history, I don't even believe that you believe that.

I could go on and on about what love means or blah blah blah, but that's all pointless. I feel the same way about characters saying things like "every" and "always" as I do posters. It's very rare that those words aren't exaggerations where exceptions are easy to find. One line of dialogue doesn't change what I watched play out...at least not when it comes to things like feelings.
I'm surprised you don't already know that's what I believe...I've never been shy about being an EJami fan.

There have been times when it's been damned hard to be one...and times when it's actually pissed me off that I can't seem to quit them...but much like I believe EJ's love for Sami has always been there, so has my fangirling for EJami. :wub:

I would not say the reverse is true of Sami's feelings for EJ, though. After the shooting I was convinced I would finally cut my ship loose...but the chemistry between JS and AS has always sucked me in, even during the shit times.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Feb 26 2014, 12:41 PM
lysie
SocRMum1
Tripp

I'm surprised you don't already know that's what I believe...I've never been shy about being an EJami fan.

There have been times when it's been damned hard to be one...and times when it's actually pissed me off that I can't seem to quit them...but much like I believe EJ's love for Sami has always been there, so has my fangirling for EJami. :wub:

I would not say the reverse is true of Sami's feelings for EJ, though. After the shooting I was convinced I would finally cut my ship loose...but the chemistry between JS and AS has always sucked me in, even during the shit times.
I've always felt it was Sami Sami Sami! for EJ. To the point, it makes me feel sorry for the guy. Sometimes I see Ej's loving Sami almost as his punishment for being such a bad guy, his hell on earth but also his heaven. There were many times I wished I could FEEL that he didn't love her so that I could get off this ship.

As for Sami, I don't believe that she's always been secretly in love with EJ. I didn't buy her confession last year. I think she has a connection to EJ that is hard to severe like Lucas said, EJ's initials are etched on her heart.
Edited by Halloween Family, Feb 26 2014, 12:47 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
lysie
SocRMum1
Tripp

I know it's what you claim but I don't think it's what you believe. Otherwise you wouldn't have felt the need to fly a shipper flag. ;) But that doesn't mean I don't think you're a fan. I'm not THAT stupid, lol, and that's not for me to say anyway (and I wouldn't say any of this if it wasn't you I was talking to). I don't believe EJ's dialogue that day negates the Taylor fiasco where he was barely even thinking about Sami. I also don't think it negates what followed at the beginning of MarDar's run when they barely crossed paths. Despite any dreams he had, I don't think he loved her after she shot him. There's also a period near the beginning when I don't think he wanted her (at the beginning of the flip floppy writing). Mostly, though, I don't think absolutes are true. He hasn't always loved her and he hasn't never loved her (BEAUTIFUL sentence structure).

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 26 2014, 12:59 PM
SocRMum1
lysie
SocRMum1

I know it's what you claim but I don't think it's what you believe. Otherwise you wouldn't have felt the need to fly a shipper flag. ;) But that doesn't mean I don't think you're a fan. I'm not THAT stupid, lol, and that's not for me to say anyway (and I wouldn't say any of this if it wasn't you I was talking to). I don't believe EJ's dialogue that day negates the Taylor fiasco where he was barely even thinking about Sami. I also don't think it negates what followed at the beginning of MarDar's run when they barely crossed paths. Despite any dreams he had, I don't think he loved her after she shot him. There's also a period near the beginning when I don't think he wanted her (at the beginning of the flip floppy writing). Mostly, though, I don't think absolutes are true. He hasn't always loved her and he hasn't never loved her (BEAUTIFUL sentence structure).
It's like you don't even know me, LIEsee. :facepalm:

My need to fly a shipper flag is due to the fact that it confounds me that I still ship them no matter what. As much as I'd like to be able to step back and look at them objectively, I know I don't and I can't. That's why I fly the flag...I'm letting y'all know that what I'm about to spew is going to sound like nonsense to the people that don't love that pairing like I do - but here it comes anyway. :lol:

I'm admitting my unexplainable bias up front to save us all a little bit of time and effort. :shrug:

It doesn't mean that I don't agree with Soapy about wanting to deliver a swift kick to EJ's frank and beans...or however she put that yesterday. And after the shooting I spent months saying I hoped EJ would actually find someone else because I was sick of Sami stomping on our his heart. I mean, the bitch SHOT him in the HEAD for gosh sakes! :glare:

But yeah...I absolutely believe that EJ has loved Sami from right around the time of the whole 12/29 scenes. I've always said I feel like he thought he'd be able to just waltz out of Salem, mission accomplished and not worry about her again (aside from the fact that he'd have to make sure his planted seed took. :yuk: ) but after he was gone he realized differently. Even during Taylor and the various rounds of EJole and being the mayor and all that crap, I've always thought that EJ would have jumped at the chance to truly be with Sami and have her return his feelings. Even when he was so angry with her after the shooting and forcing her away from Johnny, etc. I felt like it was driven by his underlying hurt. And the hurt came from the fact that he still loved her even though there was absolutely no reason why he should. I like to think it probably pissed him off as much or more as my inability to stop shipping them has me. :$

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Feb 26 2014, 01:16 PM
lysie
Feb 26 2014, 12:59 PM
SocRMum1
lysie

It's like you don't even know me, LIEsee. :facepalm:

My need to fly a shipper flag is due to the fact that it confounds me that I still ship them no matter what. As much as I'd like to be able to step back and look at them objectively, I know I don't and I can't. That's why I fly the flag...I'm letting y'all know that what I'm about to spew is going to sound like nonsense to the people that don't love that pairing like I do - but here it comes anyway. :lol:

I'm admitting my unexplainable bias up front to save us all a little bit of time and effort. :shrug:

It doesn't mean that I don't agree with Soapy about wanting to deliver a swift kick to EJ's frank and beans...or however she put that yesterday. And after the shooting I spent months saying I hoped EJ would actually find someone else because I was sick of Sami stomping on our his heart. I mean, the bitch SHOT him in the HEAD for gosh sakes! :glare:

But yeah...I absolutely believe that EJ has loved Sami from right around the time of the whole 12/29 scenes. I've always said I feel like he thought he'd be able to just waltz out of Salem, mission accomplished and not worry about her again (aside from the fact that he'd have to make sure his planted seed took. :yuk: ) but after he was gone he realized differently. Even during Taylor and the various rounds of EJole and being the mayor and all that crap, I've always thought that EJ would have jumped at the chance to truly be with Sami and have her return his feelings. Even when he was so angry with her after the shooting and forcing her away from Johnny, etc. I felt like it was driven by his underlying hurt. And the hurt came from the fact that he still loved her even though there was absolutely no reason why he should. I like to think it probably pissed him off as much or more as my inability to stop shipping them has me. :$
Your explanation of your flag kind of proved my point but I'll let you go on as is, lol.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

See, this is why I don't get all cliff jumping from Ejami's or celebrating from anti-Ejami's about this Ejabby storyline. To me, this is much less of a hiccup than Ejami has faced in the past. Back in early 2011, EJ had zero love for Sami, was in love with a scarf and hired a stranger to fuck her pretending to be her husband. Talk about a low point. Don't get me wrong, I HATE the Ejabby storyline, but it's still beyond obvious that EJ loves Sami in spite of his stupidity and that Sami loves EJ in spite of her daily screeching. Yes, cheating is bad, but compared to what they did to and how they felt about each other in the past, I don't get the big deal here. I mean, Ejami is obviously going to break up because AS is leaving, but if she wasn't, I'd just consider this another bump in the road.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply