Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, February 24th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 24 2014, 05:12 AM (19,253 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Feb 26 2014, 02:18 PM
lysie
Feb 26 2014, 02:12 PM
SoapGal1
Feb 26 2014, 02:09 PM
SocRMum1
Feb 26 2014, 01:53 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
And add "and Soapy" to the end of that quote.
Not after your last post. :flipoff:
This hurts my heart, Lizella.
It hurt mine too.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

tomsawyer
Feb 26 2014, 01:29 PM
See, this is why I don't get all cliff jumping from Ejami's or celebrating from anti-Ejami's about this Ejabby storyline. To me, this is much less of a hiccup than Ejami has faced in the past. Back in early 2011, EJ had zero love for Sami, was in love with a scarf and hired a stranger to fuck her pretending to be her husband. Talk about a low point. Don't get me wrong, I HATE the Ejabby storyline, but it's still beyond obvious that EJ loves Sami in spite of his stupidity and that Sami loves EJ in spite of her daily screeching. Yes, cheating is bad, but compared to what they did to and how they felt about each other in the past, I don't get the big deal here. I mean, Ejami is obviously going to break up because AS is leaving, but if she wasn't, I'd just consider this another bump in the road.
I think it's more about Ej finally getting Sami and then fucking someone else. With every other time, he didn't have her, he moved on with someone else, whether it was Nicole or Taylor it seemed that he resigned himself to be with this person because he knew that Sami wasn't going to be his (for the time being). He then later fell for these women, but during the time it seemed that if he could have Sami love him and be with him, he had no need to 'move on'....Contrast that with what is happening now...he's fucked someone else while WITH Sami. That and the fact that AS is leaving is playing into it also....I think if AS wasn't on her way out the door, many here would do what we always seem to do..wait till Sami circles through her men. I think there is a more definite outcome at least for this time. Whether she leaves with Lucas, Ej, Rafe, alone or dies....there is an 'end' in sight at least for now (Until AS decides to come back to Days for the end of the 50th anniversary). lol

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Feb 26 2014, 02:20 PM
Halloween Family
Feb 26 2014, 02:17 PM
tomsawyer
Feb 26 2014, 02:16 PM
six
Feb 26 2014, 02:04 PM

Yeah, I think in this case, EJ's motivation was a little flimsy, but at least the writers tried to give him one. They spent two months specifically (and about 7 months indirectly) building up to EJ feeling so rejected by Sami that he'd cheat on her. By Days' low standards, that's a HUGE amount of character build before a SHOCKING TWIST! I mean, look at EJ's motivation build up in comparison to Abby who just apparently randomly decided one day that casual sex with an almost-married criminal who had harmed many members of her family was a-okay! The lack of concern the writers have for Abby's character is hysterical.
Don't forget the connection he felt to Abby talking about angel wings. That's HUGE!
Everytime Ejabby boinks an angel gets it's wings??
An angel needs to get it's wings, how else will Abby be forgiven for getting an abortion?

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Feb 26 2014, 02:17 PM
tomsawyer
six
tomsawyer
Feb 26 2014, 01:54 PM

Oh, I agree. The only reason I enjoy the show is a due to a combination of fanwanking, lowered expectations and just going for the ride that the writers have created. It's just that up until this point, the show always had Sami do something wrong (that the writers tried to spin as heroic) for EJ to react to. And it was easy for me to believe that they could deal with their issues, break the pattern, and make each other happy.
Yeah, I think in this case, EJ's motivation was a little flimsy, but at least the writers tried to give him one. They spent two months specifically (and about 7 months indirectly) building up to EJ feeling so rejected by Sami that he'd cheat on her. By Days' low standards, that's a HUGE amount of character build before a SHOCKING TWIST! I mean, look at EJ's motivation build up in comparison to Abby who just apparently randomly decided one day that casual sex with an almost-married criminal who had harmed many members of her family was a-okay! The lack of concern the writers have for Abby's character is hysterical.
Don't forget the connection he felt to Abby talking about angel wings. That's HUGE!
How could I forget??? Amazing build up for Abby - explains it all!!

I'd actually feel sorry for KM because of how little regard the writers have for Abby's character, but they have given KM a ton of screen time so maybe that's all that matters. :shrug: Presumably they have some kind of plan to explain the WTFery writing and to cobble together some semblance of a rootable character for her in the coming months. Or maybe they know KM is leaving when her contract is up so they've decided to just make Abby a plot device until she goes. Who knows.
Edited by tomsawyer, Feb 26 2014, 02:29 PM.

S loves EJ

tomsawyer
Feb 26 2014, 01:29 PM
See, this is why I don't get all cliff jumping from Ejami's or celebrating from anti-Ejami's about this Ejabby storyline. To me, this is much less of a hiccup than Ejami has faced in the past. Back in early 2011, EJ had zero love for Sami, was in love with a scarf and hired a stranger to fuck her pretending to be her husband. Talk about a low point. Don't get me wrong, I HATE the Ejabby storyline, but it's still beyond obvious that EJ loves Sami in spite of his stupidity and that Sami loves EJ in spite of her daily screeching. Yes, cheating is bad, but compared to what they did to and how they felt about each other in the past, I don't get the big deal here. I mean, Ejami is obviously going to break up because AS is leaving, but if she wasn't, I'd just consider this another bump in the road.

While I agree that I donīt think Ejabby is worse than the other stuff Ejami has done to each other I understand why a lot of people thinks so since it ruins the image of EJ only having eyes for Sami, and even if he still loves her he doesnīt loves her as much as some believed or else he wouldnīt have cheated on her. I know he has been written to be inlove with Taylor and Nicole but if you donīt like those pairings you could see it as him being in denial about his feelings for Sami and them being his second choice because he couldnīt have Sami but this time he did something bad to her while finally having her at least she still wore his ring and not being in denial about his feelings for her, plus cheating is closeer to home so maybe itīs easier to relate to that than a dubbelganger.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Feb 26 2014, 02:24 PM
Or maybe they know KM is leaving when her contact is so they've decide to just make Abby a plot device until she goes. Who knows.
Stop! You're just making me hopefully that Abby gets killed.

six
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
six
tomsawyer
six
Feb 26 2014, 01:41 PM

I don't know, I just always feel like this show has been so overwhelmingly plot driven for the past six years that I find it hard to find any character absolutes or consistent motivations ever. This is just another story in a long line of WTF stories plaguing Ejami, and I'm sure it would've been eventually washed away like all the others if AS wasn't leaving. Regardless, of whether he loved Taylor in early 2011 or Nicole in late 2011-early 2012 (which I think he did), it's obvious to me that Sami has been the great love of his life. I don't need to believe that he always loved her to know that's true.
Oh, I agree. The only reason I enjoy the show is a due to a combination of fanwanking, lowered expectations and just going for the ride that the writers have created. It's just that up until this point, the show always had Sami do something wrong (that the writers tried to spin as heroic) for EJ to react to. And it was easy for me to believe that they could deal with their issues, break the pattern, and make each other happy.
He liked the book and that's all it takes to win over a Johnson woman.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 26 2014, 02:22 PM
SoapGal1
lysie
SoapGal1
Feb 26 2014, 02:09 PM

Not after your last post. :flipoff:
It hurt mine too.
But I love you too.

I love you both!!

Damn.

I'm Elvin.

lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Feb 26 2014, 02:30 PM
lysie
SoapGal1
lysie

It hurt mine too.
But I love you too.

I love you both!!

Damn.

I'm Elvin.
Okay. I can't hardly stand it. I'm sorry.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 26 2014, 02:34 PM
SoapGal1
lysie
SoapGal1

It hurt mine too.
But I love you too.

I love you both!!

Damn.

I'm Elvin.
:hug:

*sniff*

I'm sorry too.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure we just delivered more compelling drama than Days has in months.

lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Feb 26 2014, 02:36 PM
lysie
SoapGal1
lysie

But I love you too.

I love you both!!

Damn.

I'm Elvin.

*sniff*

I'm sorry too.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure we just delivered more compelling drama than Days has in months.
If only everyone could have seen my inner turmoil and self loathing.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
Feb 26 2014, 02:40 PM
SoapGal1
lysie
SoapGal1

*sniff*

I'm sorry too.

I don't buy it. Not one bit. :toetap:

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Feb 26 2014, 02:52 PM
lysie
SoapGal1
lysie

*sniff*

I'm sorry too.

Whatever keeps you from spitting.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
Feb 26 2014, 02:54 PM
SocRMum1
Feb 26 2014, 02:52 PM
lysie
SoapGal1

Whatever keeps you from spitting.
Grrrrr.... :shutup:

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

six
Feb 26 2014, 02:28 PM
tomsawyer
six
tomsawyer

He liked the book and that's all it takes to win over a Johnson woman.
Stephanie might want to throw the book at EJ.

salem_viewer
Member Avatar

six
Feb 25 2014, 01:07 PM
concerned
Feb 25 2014, 12:42 PM
salem_viewer
Feb 25 2014, 09:13 AM
Kinay
Feb 25 2014, 09:05 AM

Marlena was questioning what evidence may had been found about chyka and how he and it got away. She buys that she and Daniel went to help, it's the lack of evidence that was Retrieved, and Nicole being alone with it that she questions.

There she is questioning, Does Nicole really want to help Eric to be a priest again.

I also think that is why Nicole is more uncomfortable talking to Marlena..... she's looking for deception.
Which I find laughable because how many times has Marlena gone out to get Stefano and they've come back with no evidence.

She should know even with the best intentions it happens.

( Unfortunately due to an unexpected writers blip she does happen to be right but it's not unexpected that you could end up with no evidence)
The lack of evidence on it's own isn't the problem. She didn't grill Daniel about why he came up empty.
That's because she doesn't trust Nicole.

six
Member Avatar

salem_viewer
Feb 26 2014, 03:32 PM
six
Feb 25 2014, 01:07 PM
concerned
Feb 25 2014, 12:42 PM
salem_viewer
Feb 25 2014, 09:13 AM

Which I find laughable because how many times has Marlena gone out to get Stefano and they've come back with no evidence.

She should know even with the best intentions it happens.

( Unfortunately due to an unexpected writers blip she does happen to be right but it's not unexpected that you could end up with no evidence)
The lack of evidence on it's own isn't the problem. She didn't grill Daniel about why he came up empty.
That's because she doesn't trust Nicole.
Yeah, that's what I was trying to get across. The problem isn't that there was no evidence. If that were the issue, Marlena would have been suspicious of Daniel, too. The problem is that Nicole says there was no evidence.
Edited by six, Feb 26 2014, 03:47 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply