Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD online: Days casting new role
Topic Started: Feb 25 2014, 11:25 AM (5,351 Views)
ShaneDOOLFan

http://soapoperadigest.com/content/days-casting-new-role-5
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Feb 25 2014, 11:25 AM
Do they really need more contract roles? Are we losing people besides Alison Sweeney?

http://soapoperadigest.com/content/days-casting-new-role-5
i hope that isn't Cameron again....blah...

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Don't worry. Judging by the description he will only be around for a couple of weeks then get axed.

lysie
Member Avatar

The current cast is relatively small for a soap. They definitely have room for more.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

freedom

Aren't they already casting a role like this? I read it on January 30. So now there is 2 roles around the same age and description?

Hamilton
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 25 2014, 11:30 AM
The current cast is relatively small for a soap. They definitely have room for more.
I'd like to see contracts given to characters such as Lucas and Sheryl as they expand on their story.

lysie
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Feb 25 2014, 11:44 AM
lysie
I'd like to see contracts given to characters such as Lucas and Sheryl as they expand on their story.
The fact that those two don't, but Peggy McCay, Josh Taylor, and James Reynolds do is kind of ridiculous.

camera shy

Could that be a re-cast of Brandon to usher Sami out with a happy ending?

Ellie

lysie
Feb 25 2014, 11:47 AM
Hamilton
Feb 25 2014, 11:44 AM
lysie
The fact that those two don't, but Peggy McCay, Josh Taylor, and James Reynolds do is kind of ridiculous.
Josh aside, I don't think it's bad in the slightest to have two longtime performers on contract (if they are), albeit a very low guarantee. It represents job security for them given the longtime service they've provided the show. However, I also agree that Bryan should be on contract... he fits into the description I just gave, and at any rate I wish he were on more.

six
Member Avatar

camera shy
Feb 25 2014, 12:01 PM
The low end of that age range is way too young for it to be Brandon. I'm just glad Days is adding some more diversity to the canvas, because it's a little sad that they only have one person "of color" (I hate this phrase, but I can't think of another good one) on contract. And I think they would have shipped him off years ago if he weren't fulfilling a quota, of sorts.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

I like it. They need to age down their male lead group. EM, GG, and SC are all well into their 40s. JS is the youngest at 36. They need more men and women in the mid to late 20s range.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Minus the African American,didn't they give that description for another casting.I seem to remember speculation it might be a recast Chad until the part about irresistible,charismatic,and men wanting to be him part.

concerned
Member Avatar

camera shy
Feb 25 2014, 12:01 PM
If Brandons back I want him back to offer his sister a bit of support in town.

He can kick Sami to the kerb like all the others.

Carly
Member Avatar

I kind of want Micah to be Wendy's son Ben. Maybe Ben changed his name to Micah? I assume Wendy and Jonah got married at some point, so Micah would be Abe's step-nephew. And Micah would also have a connection to the Brady family since Ben's mom Wendy was friends with Carrie, Sami, and Marlena.

In the 1990s, there was a mystery about the identity of Ben's father, so maybe Ben can return to Salem to track down his dad.

jaygal
Member Avatar

Given the lack of diversity on this show this hiring could be good. Hopefully they get someone who can act and is good looking, not just one or the other!

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

Days definitely needs more diversity.

But some of the casting calls sound too similar. Women/men love him/her, men/women want to be him/her. Oh, and don't forget that past. Gotta have a shady past.

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

If it cant be Lumi, a reunion with Brandon to end with would be good. ... But I'd want the original actor (Dunno his name).

blueskies
Member Avatar

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Feb 26 2014, 05:39 PM
If it cant be Lumi, a reunion with Brandon to end with would be good. ... But I'd want the original actor (Dunno his name).
Matt Cedeno :)

freedom

Kate Mansi's new love interest, y'all!! She's really going to "pay" for what she did.

Graceland
Member Avatar

Who is the Asian actress that was talking to Hope at the pub? Why not hire her? She did a great job. I actually wished they hired the actress who played the Prosecutor in Sami's trial last year. I couldn't stand the character, but that would make for an interesting story. I'd love to find out who the character really is and watch her downfall.

Why isn't Maxine given anything other than reception??

Man, why do they have to make Jennifer a front burner character? It's such a waste. They could be hiring better actors to portray better, more interesting characters and create better storylines. How many more times can they create the same boring Jennifer drama? Does Melissa Reeves have some sort of dirt on the producers? lol

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply