Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD online: Days casting new role
Topic Started: Feb 25 2014, 11:25 AM (5,293 Views)
jam6242
Member Avatar

This is an audition for the Micah character. From the dialogue, not sure whether Micah is supposed to be talking to a male or female character (the "helmet hair" comment made me lean toward female).

Edited by jam6242, Mar 17 2014, 11:17 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Feb 25 2014, 11:25 AM
Let me guess, another hunky model type that can't act?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Feb 25 2014, 12:25 PM
I like it. They need to age down their male lead group. EM, GG, and SC are all well into their 40s. JS is the youngest at 36. They need more men and women in the mid to late 20s range.
They have the whole new teen crowd with JJ....

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Mar 17 2014, 11:26 AM
tomsawyer
Feb 25 2014, 12:25 PM
I like it. They need to age down their male lead group. EM, GG, and SC are all well into their 40s. JS is the youngest at 36. They need more men and women in the mid to late 20s range.
They have the whole new teen crowd with JJ....
Yeah, but I don't see JJ as a lead. Based on screen time under the TomSell regime, the male leads are EJ, Daniel, Brady and Eric. And all of these characters are played by actors in their late 30s to late 40s. They need to develop some male leads in the 20s range. Maybe Sonny, Will and JJ will develop in this direction, but based on screen time, the show doesn't seem to view them as leads yet.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

No need for any new people, thanks.

naptown
Member Avatar

The problem with this age set is no one lasts past 3 years any more before the actor leaves or they don't have anywhere to go with the character if they don't revolve in Sami or Daniel's orbit. There are several characters from Days recent past that could fit in this late 20's/early 30's group, Shawn, Belle, Stephanie, Nathan, Chelsea, Morgan, Jeremy, Chad, Cameron, Phillip, Chloe etc ... Not to mention any of Justin and Adrienne's 3 other sons or Andrew Donovan. Technically, Brady is supposed to be in his early 30's by now I believe, even though EM is in his 40's. I certainly wouldn't mind them giving Brady a rest for awhile. I just wonder if Jen Lilly will get bored with Days before they completely destroy her character like they did with Chloe.

thepadange

naptown
Mar 20 2014, 01:45 AM
I just wonder if Jen Lilly will get bored with Days before they completely destroy her character like they did with Chloe.
I'm ok with JL and Theresa (at least she is less boring than a couple of other characters) but what's there to destroy?

jam6242
Member Avatar

Read in latest SOD that the casting call for Micah has been changed to an Asian or Hispanic male and he is a baseball player.

IIttu
Member Avatar

an Asian male would be a nice add IMO (yet I'd still prefer seeing Dattilo on contract).. Has DOOL ever had an Asian-American playing a contract role?

jam6242
Member Avatar

Helen Funai who is Japanese-American played a prominent role in the 70s but I believe she was recurring. She played Doug's first wife, Kim Douglas, who was supposed to be Polynesian.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

So originally they were looking for a 24-35yr old African American, confident guy with a hidden painful past changed now to a 24-30yr old Hispanic or Asian baseball player with fantastic looks and killer charm, but authentic so as not to come off as a 'playa' or slick. Do they even know what the story is they want to write for this character? It said it's a contract role.

jwsel
Member Avatar

I wonder if they are going for a gay athlete storyline. Originally, it was football, but if they are shooting Christmas already, the storyline won't air until next spring so baseball makes more sense.

jam6242
Member Avatar

That audition did make me wonder whether Micah were going to be gay. But it does seem as though they are still casting without having a specific storyline in mind.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply