Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the Week of March 10th; *updated 3/3*
Topic Started: Feb 26 2014, 04:27 PM (26,889 Views)
MelMel
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Mar 5 2014, 12:23 PM
Tripp
Mar 5 2014, 10:38 AM
Halloween Family
Mar 5 2014, 10:05 AM
BeeBee
Mar 5 2014, 02:59 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I think women are a lot smarter than you give them credit for but that's the garbage soaps peddle; A woman cannot resist the hawt guy and the sex makes them lose their mind.
That's true because only on a soap would a woman agree to marry her rapist/child kidnapper/tormenter.
That's really a sticking point for you it appears.
I love EJ :blulaugh:

The man can have you screaming injustice at rapist and shipping him with the town virgin in the same key stroke. :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Halloween Family
Mar 5 2014, 03:32 PM
tomsawyer
Mar 5 2014, 03:15 PM
LuvingLumi
Mar 5 2014, 02:41 PM
Halloween Family
Mar 5 2014, 02:33 PM

I don't see them bringing up the rapes again in dialogue unless the story fits somehow again. What I can see them doing is to continue to paint the picture that Nabi is as imperfect as Ejami is and the fact that EJ and Sami don't want Nick and Gabi together is puzzling since much of what Nick is telling EJ and Gabi is telling Sami is absolutely true. At least if they don't bring up the rapes, the least they could have done over the years is continue to show this parallel with how Ejamis relationship is a farce especially if Ejami try to lecture others to do the 'right thing' while they do the exact same thing they are lecturing others not to do. I can live with it and actually I prefer it being handled this way then them pretending it didn't happen or not wanting to mention the toxicity of that relationship at all. In that instance it felt like they were purposely trying to make viewers forget their past happened because they wanted to sell the couple in the present....
I just don't think that TomSell cares about this kind of stuff at all for either their characters or couples. They've shown time and time again that they are not character writers, so I don't believe for a second they are trying to send any kind of message with their dialogue, other than the message they need to drive for their plot. To that end, the Ejami/Nabi comparisons aren't about exposing some deep flaws in Ejami's relationship or leading to them ultimately addressing the rape. The comparisons are simply so Sami will continue to defend EJ, thereby looking and feeling more stupid when the truth about the affair comes out. The more she defends him, the more dramatic the reveal. That's it. IMO, to speculate anything more complex than that is giving TomSell way more credit than they have shown they deserve.
I agree. The only reason I'm wondering is because of that JJ/Kayla conversation.
Any story with Kayla in it I'd give pluses. I'm not sure though they would tie Ej/Sami to Jack/Kayla though. There is a lot of exposition to explain what a truly nasty piece of work Jack was back then and he did have a long road of redemption that honestly started before even Jennifer got involved. And it would require to actually use MBE other than a "here and there" scene.

MelMel
Member Avatar

Tripp
Mar 5 2014, 02:52 PM
LuvingLumi
Halloween Family
Mar 5 2014, 02:33 PM
Tripp
Mar 5 2014, 01:42 PM

Yes. I'm sure it all for Sami's humiliation but when you throw in JJ and Kayla talking about Jack raping her pretty much out of the blue it does make me wonder. Then all the overboard comparisons about Nick and Nabby.
I don't see them bringing up the rapes again in dialogue unless the story fits somehow again. What I can see them doing is to continue to paint the picture that Nabi is as imperfect as Ejami is and the fact that EJ and Sami don't want Nick and Gabi together is puzzling since much of what Nick is telling EJ and Gabi is telling Sami is absolutely true. At least if they don't bring up the rapes, the least they could have done over the years is continue to show this parallel with how Ejamis relationship is a farce especially if Ejami try to lecture others to do the 'right thing' while they do the exact same thing they are lecturing others not to do. I can live with it and actually I prefer it being handled this way then them pretending it didn't happen or not wanting to mention the toxicity of that relationship at all. In that instance it felt like they were purposely trying to make viewers forget their past happened because they wanted to sell the couple in the present....
Very well said. Pretending EJami's old history never happened especially when the conversation organically should bring it up.
They would need to pretend it didn't happen to begin with though. The moment EJAMI got together in 2013 the attempted murder and what not was thrown in their faces and has been periodically over the last year.

When it comes to EJAMI and NABI its a flawed comparison at best but I do believe the purpose and difference will be made clear during the inevitable EJ/Nick shenanigans which I am really looking forward too.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Tripp
Mar 5 2014, 04:26 PM
Halloween Family
tomsawyer
LuvingLumi

I just don't think that TomSell cares about this kind of stuff at all for either their characters or couples. They've shown time and time again that they are not character writers, so I don't believe for a second they are trying to send any kind of message with their dialogue, other than the message they need to drive for their plot. To that end, the Ejami/Nabi comparisons aren't about exposing some deep flaws in Ejami's relationship or leading to them ultimately addressing the rape. The comparisons are simply so Sami will continue to defend EJ, thereby looking and feeling more stupid when the truth about the affair comes out. The more she defends him, the more dramatic the reveal. That's it. IMO, to speculate anything more complex than that is giving TomSell way more credit than they have shown they deserve.
I agree. The only reason I'm wondering is because of that JJ/Kayla conversation.
Any story with Kayla in it I'd give pluses. I'm not sure though they would tie Ej/Sami to Jack/Kayla though. There is a lot of exposition to explain what a truly nasty piece of work Jack was back then and he did have a long road of redemption that honestly started before even Jennifer got involved. And it would require to actually use MBE other than a "here and there" scene.
It doesn't make me think Kayla will appear again. It's just drawing a parallel between Jen falling for a rapist and Abby falling for one too.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Halloween Family
Mar 5 2014, 04:30 PM
Tripp
Halloween Family
tomsawyer

It doesn't make me think Kayla will appear again. It's just drawing a parallel between Jen falling for a rapist and Abby falling for one too.
The show may do something like that but I hope it's not setup that Ejabby are similar to J/J. This may shock you but I don't really see a J/J comparison with Ejabby (I know a lot of Ejabby fans do). I don't think EJ is anything like Jack. When Jack was at his worst, he really had the douchebag routine down (Brady could take lessons). Now he could be debonair and charming (like EJ) but he was extremely vindictive but that really only pertained to taking shots at his family, well, Steve actually (Steve and Kayla). Occasionally though when Jack was acting his worst, there would be moments of guilt or conscience to show he wasn't exactly comfortable in this role.

By the time he met Jennifer, he was trying to be a better person and improve his image. And most of J/J's issues about getting together were Jack's pushing her away (because he wasn't good enough for her).

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Tripp
Mar 5 2014, 04:39 PM
Halloween Family
Tripp
Halloween Family

The show may do something like that but I hope it's not setup that Ejabby are similar to J/J. This may shock you but I don't really see a J/J comparison with Ejabby (I know a lot of Ejabby fans do). I don't think EJ is anything like Jack. When Jack was at his worst, he really had the douchebag routine down (Brady could take lessons). Now he could be debonair and charming (like EJ) but he was extremely vindictive but that really only pertained to taking shots at his family, well, Steve actually (Steve and Kayla). Occasionally though when Jack was acting his worst, there would be moments of guilt or conscience to show he wasn't exactly comfortable in this role.

By the time he met Jennifer, he was trying to be a better person and improve his image. And most of J/J's issues about getting together were Jack's pushing her away (because he wasn't good enough for her).
I agree with you that EJ is nothing like Jack but Austin isn't like EJ either but they reminded the audience about Abby & Austin.

MelMel
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Mar 5 2014, 04:42 PM
Tripp
Halloween Family
Tripp

I agree with you that EJ is nothing like Jack but Austin isn't like EJ either but they reminded the audience about Abby & Austin.
I think that has more to do with the fact that this is a pattern of behaviour for Abby; she throws herself at and becomes obsessed with married men.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

MelMel
Mar 5 2014, 04:45 PM
Halloween Family
Tripp
Halloween Family

I think that has more to do with the fact that this is a pattern of behaviour for Abby; she throws herself at and becomes obsessed with married men.
Yes, they were establishing a precedent.

MelMel
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Mar 5 2014, 04:51 PM
MelMel
Halloween Family
Tripp

She is a seasoned home wrecker parading around town as a saint :lol:

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

MelMel
Halloween Family
Tripp
Halloween Family

Point 1.... EJ isn't married
Point 2.... He kissed her first.
Point 3.... He could've at any point...stopped her.

She went into all but willing arms, like it or not, there it is. He's dropped his arms, now lets see what happens. It's not like she tricked him, drugged him, put on a Sami mask, this boy went into this with open eyes. He gets no pass from me. :wub: :wub: :wub:

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

MelMel
Mar 5 2014, 04:54 PM
Halloween Family
MelMel
Halloween Family

poor wittle EJ should file charges, she overtook him... that itty bitty poor wittle man.

She came and wrecked his relationship, all by her itty bitty little self.

Austin got crapped on by Abby, EJ crapped this one out himself.

MelMel
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
Mar 5 2014, 05:10 PM
MelMel
Halloween Family
Tripp

Point 1.... EJ isn't married
Point 2.... He kissed her first.
Point 3.... He could've at any point...stopped her.

She went into all but willing arms, like it or not, there it is. He's dropped his arms, now lets see what happens. It's not like she tricked him, drugged him, put on a Sami mask, this boy went into this with open eyes. He gets no pass from me. :wub: :wub: :wub:
Yes because the semantics of a taken man is her saving grace here :rolleyes: and I am assuming your pass comment is a general statement and not in response to any thing I said because the relevance would be? EJ doing whatever does not detract or take away from Abby and her actions or the fact that the show established her pattern of behaviour.

MelMel
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
Mar 5 2014, 05:14 PM
MelMel
Mar 5 2014, 04:54 PM
Halloween Family
MelMel

poor wittle EJ should file charges, she overtook him... that itty bitty poor wittle man.

She came and wrecked his relationship, all by her itty bitty little self.

Austin got crapped on by Abby, EJ crapped this one out himself.
:lol: trying to focus on EJ still doesn't change what Abby is, but have at it

WillFan
Member Avatar

3/10/2014
E.J. gets shocking news about Abigail; Eric refuses to take things further with Nicole; J.J. realizes he and the mystery girl have something in common; Jennifer learns she is the target of a smear campaign.

3/11/2014
The possible pregnancy causes E.J. and Abigail to panic; Rafe strive to keep Jordan in town; J.J. fails at impressing Paige; Sonny confides in Victor about Nick.

3/12/2014
Marlena turns to Dr. Chyka for answers; Stefano and Nicole have it out; Abigail distrusts E.J.; J.J.'s past comes back to haunt him.

3/13/2014
Eric makes a slip about Eric's lie; Nicole confronts Marlena about her meddling; Sami and Adrienne butt heads over wedding plans; Hope starts to see Aiden differently.

3/14/2014
E.J. finds himself in a precarious position as he tries to avoid Sami; Daniel finds evidence of what Nicole has been keeping from Eric; Jennifer receives something malicious in the mail; Marlena seeks peace in Roman's arms after blasting John.

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCProgram.do?sId=EP00001189&t=Days+of+our+Lives&method=getEpisodesForShow&desc=on

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

WillFan
Mar 7 2014, 04:21 PM
3/10/2014
E.J. gets shocking news about Abigail; Eric refuses to take things further with Nicole; J.J. realizes he and the mystery girl have something in common; Jennifer learns she is the target of a smear campaign.

3/11/2014
The possible pregnancy causes E.J. and Abigail to panic; Rafe strive to keep Jordan in town; J.J. fails at impressing Paige; Sonny confides in Victor about Nick.

3/12/2014
Marlena turns to Dr. Chyka for answers; Stefano and Nicole have it out; Abigail distrusts E.J.; J.J.'s past comes back to haunt him.

3/13/2014
Eric makes a slip about Eric's lie; Nicole confronts Marlena about her meddling; Sami and Adrienne butt heads over wedding plans; Hope starts to see Aiden differently.

3/14/2014
E.J. finds himself in a precarious position as he tries to avoid Sami; Daniel finds evidence of what Nicole has been keeping from Eric; Jennifer receives something malicious in the mail; Marlena seeks peace in Roman's arms after blasting John.

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCProgram.do?sId=EP00001189&t=Days+of+our+Lives&method=getEpisodesForShow&desc=on
- Stefano vs Nicole sounds interesting.
- I thought Hope & Aiden were already starting to see each other differently. lol. But whatever. More of them & their "two steps forward, one step back" is always enjoyable.
- Nicole vs Marlena should be enjoyable, but could be annoying depending on how Marlena's written.

That's about all I got, really.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

MelMel
Mar 5 2014, 04:25 PM
Halloween Family
Mar 5 2014, 12:23 PM
Tripp
Mar 5 2014, 10:38 AM
Halloween Family
Mar 5 2014, 10:05 AM

That's true because only on a soap would a woman agree to marry her rapist/child kidnapper/tormenter.
That's really a sticking point for you it appears.
I love EJ :blulaugh:

The man can have you screaming injustice at rapist and shipping him with the town virgin in the same key stroke. :lol:
I have to admit I don't love Ej that much yet...but I like him now and that's an accomplishment in and of itself....it so reminds me when I hated Jack for being a disgusting fucking rapist and I couldn't stand the character, I seriously wanted him dead. Then a virginal Jennifer Horton came into his life and the Spectator and I started seeing something in him I could possibly like and slowly (very slowly) I grew to love him because of his love for HER....I'm not saying there even going to ever go there with Ej but the fact that I don't want to do laundry when he comes on now is a step in the right direction, and it reminds me of how I felt in the very early days while watching Jack interact with Jen.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

WillFan
3/10/2014

3/11/2014

3/12/2014

3/13/2014

3/14/2014

Thanks WillFan for the updated spoilers :D

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Someone's been a good girl this year. ;-)

WillFan
3/13/2014
Hope starts to see Aiden differently.
Really? :cheer: 'Differently' as in a new potential boy toy? :teehee: J/k, maybe. :P

WillFan
Member Avatar

Fafokahw
Mar 7 2014, 05:14 PM
WillFan
3/10/2014

3/11/2014

3/12/2014

3/13/2014

3/14/2014

Thanks WillFan for the updated spoilers :D
Your :welcome: Fafokahw!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply