Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Nick creates new trouble for Sonny and Sami
Topic Started: Feb 28 2014, 12:57 AM (3,691 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

The latest SOD has an article about Nick's latest schemes.

Nick visits Sonny and threatens to expose his role in the attempted murder cover-up. Sonny helped Kate, Sami, and Gabi twice, and he doesn't want Arianna to lose all of these important people in her life. Sonny is upset that Gabi is letting Nick back into her life.

Late, Nick uses new information to blackmail Sami. Sonny is nervous because he knows Nick can be dangerous.

Pick up the latest issue of SOD for all the details.
Offline Profile Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

It's fun how many people Nick basically has under his thumb at this point....but ONE person having the upper hand on so many can't last long. That's what I'm enjoying about this story. There's a downfall a-coming and it could go many different ways. I'm ready for the Kiriakis to come out in Sonny!!!
Online Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

Ugh! This threat does not make any sense. Sonny had nothing to do with the whole thing. He found out after the fact. No one died or got injured so no prosecutor will actually waste resources prosecuting someone in Sonny's situation. Why are the writers insistent in treated all of their characters like morons? This s/l hurts my head. It's stupid beyond believe. Nick has nothing on any of them, including the pictures. And there was no attempted murder.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Kaha
Feb 28 2014, 01:15 AM
Ugh! This threat does not make any sense. Sonny had nothing to do with the whole thing. He found out after the fact. No one died or got injured so no prosecutor will actually waste resources prosecuting someone in Sonny's situation. Why are the writers insistent in treated all of their characters like morons? This s/l hurts my head. It's stupid beyond believe. Nick has nothing on any of them, including the pictures. And there was no attempted murder.
Wouldn't Sonny be an accomplice or accessory?
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Kaha
There WAS an "attempted" murder. There wasn't a murder.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 28 2014, 01:35 AM
Kaha
Who attempted the murder? Gabby (self defense)? Sami, Gabi and Kate? They weren't trying to kill anyone. They thought he was already dead and they were covering up. When he became conscious, they panicked. The whole thing was a split second. They didn't try to kill him.

@ Halloween Family - no he's not an accomplice because he was not there and did not participate in what happened. He found out after the fact. He did not destroy any evidence, he just didn't say anything once he found out.

I hope Sonny tells Gabi what Nick is doing. He should ask her, "if he really changed, why is he blackmailing me?"
Offline Profile Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Kaha
Feb 28 2014, 01:54 AM
he just didn't say anything once he found out.
Isn't that a crime?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Kaha
lysie
Kaha
Who attempted the murder? Gabby (self defense)? Sami, Gabi and Kate? They weren't trying to kill anyone. They thought he was already dead and they were covering up. When he became conscious, they panicked. The whole thing was a split second. They didn't try to kill him.

@ Halloween Family - no he's not an accomplice because he was not there and did not participate in what happened. He found out after the fact. He did not destroy any evidence, he just didn't say anything once he found out.

I hope Sonny tells Gabi what Nick is doing. He should ask her, "if he really changed, why is he blackmailing me?"
He was yelling "help" and they still had a hold of him. They could have pulled him out of the water (or at least tried). They were fine with him drowning. It wasn't an accident.

Online Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Feb 28 2014, 01:56 AM
Kaha
he just didn't say anything once he found out.
Isn't that a crime?
No. The failure to report a crime is not in itself criminal. However, if you actively assisted the criminal in covering up the crime, i.e., destroying evidence, lying to the police, concealing evidence' asking others to lie to the police or conceal evidence, then you can be charged. In fact Nicole is more likely to be charged with a crime than Sonny. In her case, she destroyed actual evidence of a crime and lied to the police (Hope).

I swear, my brother is going to disown me when he finds out all of my legal question are in relation to a soap opera.
Edited by Kaha, Feb 28 2014, 02:22 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Kaha
Feb 28 2014, 02:20 AM

I swear, my brother is going to disown me when he finds out all of my legal question are in relation to a soap opera.
LOL you'd better tell him otherwise he'll think you've gotten yourself in some deep shit.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

Angie79
Feb 28 2014, 02:12 AM
Kaha
lysie
Kaha

He was yelling "help" and they still had a hold of him. They could have pulled him out of the water (or at least tried). They were fine with him drowning. It wasn't an accident.

We can argue about this and we won't agree but the reality is, it's not conclusive. All Nick has as evidence are bunch of pictures (not admissible in court). And the pictures can't tell whether he was yelling or if they deliberately tried to kill him. If they hired a good lawyer and explained to him what happened he/she can get them off. They would not be charged because no jury will convict them beyond a reasonable doubt with that kind of evidence.

My problem with this story is not that they play loose with legal and logical realities, but it't that they expect us to believe that Nick has all these people under his thumb for such flimsy evidence. They also want us to believe that Kate is running around playing a passive aggressive game with Jordan when Nick is blackmailing her. EJ, Sami, Kate and now Sonny will all cower under Nick. Totally believable.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BigFat Irish Head
Member Avatar

Kaha
lysie
Kaha

If the police had been called after Gabi hit Nick with the rock, I think she would have been fine given the circumstances. There would be a strong argument for self-defense.

But since the coven decided to dump the body, and lo and behold, he wasn't actually dead, panicking is not an excuse and neither is "it all happened so fast." They knew Nick was alive and shoved him into the water intending to end his life. All three women could easily be found guilty of attempted murder.

I was curious about sentencing and found this on an attorney site:

"Most jurisdictions have degrees of attempted murder charges. A first-degree attempted murder charge requires premeditation or a willful act; a second-degree attempted murder charge is any other act that is not planned or deliberate.

First-degree attempted murder carries greater penalties and often means a life sentence with the possibility of parole. Offenders typically spend at least 10 years in prison.

Second-degree attempted murder penalties usually range from five years to 15 years in many states, depending on whether serious injury was inflicted. Sentences can be for longer periods if a firearm was used or if the crime was committed by a gang member or at the direction of a criminal gang. A prior criminal record will also enhance a sentence, even doubling it in states with “three strikes” laws, such as California."

Sonny, Will and EJ would also be guilty of committing a crime for concealing what they knew. "A person who learns of the crime after it is committed and helps the criminal to conceal it, or aids the criminal in escaping, or simply fails to report the crime, is known as an 'accessory after the fact'".
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Feb 28 2014, 02:27 AM
Kaha
Feb 28 2014, 02:20 AM

LOL you'd better tell him otherwise he'll think you've gotten yourself in some deep shit.
Ha! I think he's thinking I am asking for one of my young clients.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Kaha
Feb 28 2014, 02:31 AM
Angie79
Kaha
lysie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

We can argue about this and we won't agree but the reality is, it's not conclusive. All Nick has as evidence are bunch of pictures (not admissible in court). And the pictures can't tell whether he was yelling or if they deliberately tried to kill him. If they hired a good lawyer and explained to him what happened he/she can get them off. They would not be charged because no jury will convict them beyond a reasonable doubt with that kind of evidence.

My problem with this story is not that they play loose with legal and logical realities, but it't that they expect us to believe that Nick has all these people under his thumb for such flimsy evidence. They also want us to believe that Kate is running around playing a passive aggressive game with Jordan when Nick is blackmailing her. EJ, Sami, Kate and now Sonny will all cower under Nick. Totally believable.
Since this isn't a court, I'm not sure that it really matters if it's conclusive, lol. I'm not trying to send them to prison.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Kaha

My problem with this story is not that they play loose with legal and logical realities,
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

BigFat Irish Head
Feb 28 2014, 02:34 AM
Kaha
lysie
Kaha

If the police had been called after Gabi hit Nick with the rock, I think she would have been fine given the circumstances. There would be a strong argument for self-defense.

But since the coven decided to dump the body, and lo and behold, he wasn't actually dead, panicking is not an excuse and neither is "it all happened so fast." They knew Nick was alive and shoved him into the water intending to end his life. All three women could easily be found guilty of attempted murder.

"Most jurisdictions have degrees of attempted murder charges. A first-degree attempted murder charge requires premeditation or a willful act; a second-degree attempted murder charge is any other act that is not planned or deliberate.

First-degree attempted murder carries greater penalties and often means a life sentence with the possibility of parole. Offenders typically spend at least 10 years in prison.

Second-degree attempted murder penalties usually range from five years to 15 years in many states, depending on whether serious injury was inflicted. Sentences can be for longer periods if a firearm was used or if the crime was committed by a gang member or at the direction of a criminal gang. A prior criminal record will also enhance a sentence, even doubling it in states with “three strikes” laws, such as California."

Sonny, Will and EJ would also be guilty of committing a crime for concealing what they knew. "A person who learns of the crime after it is committed and helps the criminal to conceal it, or aids the criminal in escaping, or simply fails to report the crime, is known as an 'accessory after the fact'".
EJ is not in the same boat as Will and Sonny. EJ actively concealed evidence. Will and Sonny didn't.

What I am saying is, even if Nick reported it (he's also engaging in a crime (blackmail and extortion), it's a flimsy case. No jury will be able to convict "beyond a reasonable doubt". The only thing they have is Nick's word and maybe the testimony of the creepy birdwatcher. Not enough. Nick can be destroyed in the witness stand and proven that he has a grudge against Will and his family.

My other problem with the super smart and omnipotent Nick is that it's ludicrous. In order for Nick to be this powerful, they need to make Sami, EJ and Kate all stupid and clueless. We're supposed to forget that EJ planned, excuted and got away with so many crimes yet he's so powerless with Nick. Not buying it. And that's why I cannot enjoy it. I can't because Sami, EJ and Kate are all acting so OOC that it's interfering with my enjoyment.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 28 2014, 02:37 AM
Kaha
Angie79
Kaha

Since this isn't a court, I'm not sure that it really matters if it's conclusive, lol. I'm not trying to send them to prison.
Fair enough. I just want to see at least a little bit of old Kate, or EJ or Sami. They would never have let Nick get away with blackmailing them without trying to find a way to turn the table on him.

Why isn't Kate hiring Ortiz to investigage the birdwatcher or find something to frame Nick with and then blackmail him with that. Nick is a convicted criminal, he's an easy target.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BigFat Irish Head
Member Avatar

Kaha
Feb 28 2014, 02:46 AM
BigFat Irish Head
Feb 28 2014, 02:34 AM
Kaha
lysie

EJ is not in the same boat as Will and Sonny. EJ actively concealed evidence. Will and Sonny didn't.

What I am saying is, even if Nick reported it (he's also engaging in a crime (blackmail and extortion), it's a flimsy case. No jury will be able to convict "beyond a reasonable doubt". The only thing they have is Nick's word and maybe the testimony of the creepy birdwatcher. Not enough. Nick can be destroyed in the witness stand and proven that he has a grudge against Will and his family.

My other problem with the super smart and omnipotent Nick is that it's ludicrous. In order for Nick to be this powerful, they need to make Sami, EJ and Kate all stupid and clueless. We're supposed to forget that EJ planned, excuted and got away with so many crimes yet he's so powerless with Nick. Not buying it. And that's why I cannot enjoy it. I can't because Sami, EJ and Kate are all acting so OOC that it's interfering with my enjoyment.
EJ would be guilty of more serious charges for actively concealing evidence, but Will and Sonny are still guilty as accessories after the fact for failing to report the crime to police.

The case for attempted murder isn't so flimsy IMO. We would have direct testimony of the person who was almost murdered -- and although he could be discredited on his own due to his record, then we have Percy, an actual eyewitness who saw Nick going into the river and spoke with the coven who repeatedly lied about why they were at the scene. I also don't believe the photos are necessarily inadmissible. Police frequently use civilian photos and video when investigating crimes (Boston Marathon bombing immediately comes to mind). Then there's Theo finding Sami's earring at the scene and Sami lying to Hope that she was never near the river. Follow that with three individuals who knew about the crime after the fact and didn't report it, and one of them actively helping to conceal evidence, and we have six people involved in the entire conspiracy (Gabi, Kate, Sami, Sonny, Will, EJ). The weakest link is Gabi. Any decent prosecutor could scare her into cracking and at least rat out Sami and Kate in exchange for a deal, or even immunity.

Juries are always the wild card, but IMO a decent prosecutor would have enough to potentially convict. Especially Sami with her prior record.

That said, I don't want any of them to go to prison.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Feb 28 2014, 02:39 AM
Kaha

My problem with this story is not that they play loose with legal and logical realities,
Posted Image
If I drink it, would it make my head hurt a little less?
Offline Profile Goto Top

BigFat Irish Head
Member Avatar

double post

Edited by BigFat Irish Head, Mar 2 2014, 03:47 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic