Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Pregnant Pause
Topic Started: Feb 28 2014, 01:25 AM (22,486 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Huh? the Stockholm Syndrome reference doesn't make sense. EJ has not held her against her will or abused her.

Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Didn't we all guess that Sami would be the first to be in on the 'Abby Might Be Pregnant' routine? She'll probably go home and mention it to EJ and freak him out. The only thing that remains to be seen is will Johhny have told Sami about Abby being in love with Rafe before she heads over to the Horton house and make her assumptions.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Feb 28 2014, 01:50 AM
Funny, I seemed to have missed all the scenes showing how Abby was in a bad place emotionally and thinking EJ was over his relationship with Sami when they were "stuck" in the cabin. I also can't recall all the times that EJ manipulated Abby to stay quiet about the affair creating this Stockholm Syndrome like behavior from Abby. Don't even get me started on Abby's "very pure heart."

This interview is basically a master class in how to fanwank.
Remember, Chad ruined Abby's life because he lied to someone. Because of that horrendous lie (should we liken it to rape or maybe slavery?), poor Abby gave her precious virginity to the wrong penis. Then Cameron sent her a text on New Year's Eve. Hence, ruined life, bad place, etc.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Feb 28 2014, 01:53 AM
Kaha
Feb 28 2014, 01:42 AM
Stockholm Syndrome? Okay, that really makes a lot of sense :rolleyes:
I guess sex created a traumatic bonding.
All I know is that I need a banner of Beaker holding Remy as his prisoner.
Just to hold you over:

Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Goto Top

freedom

Angie79
Feb 28 2014, 02:03 AM
Huh? the Stockholm Syndrome reference doesn't make sense. EJ has not held her against her will or abused her.

By the time this storyline ends, the spin will be that menacing and malicious EJ tied poor, innocent virginal Abigail to the bed in the Horton cabin and forced himself on her.

Because nothing is Abby's fault.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

I wonder if the story took a whiplash writing turn, and this interview is what the story is going to become. The Sami character now states as fact the exact opposite of what we saw play out over 20 years on our screens, because TomSell said so. Maybe they did it again for shits and giggles.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Feb 28 2014, 01:53 AM
Kaha
Stockholm Syndrome? Okay, that really makes a lot of sense :rolleyes:
I guess sex created a traumatic bonding.
All I know is that I need a banner of Beaker holding Remy as his prisoner.
happyphairy, where are you? That was your bat signal.
Offline Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

I usually like Kate Mansi, but if on paper EJ is supposed to be manipulating Abby and Abby is supposed to be suffering from the Stockholm Syndrome, then either one or both of the actors have not done a good job acting that out. Another option is that KM doesn't really understand the storyline or know what the Stockholm Syndrome, but I doubt that.

I can't believe this could be her last year on the show. It still seems to me like she's new to the show. But, if she leaves and the character doesn't get recast, then it'll be pointless to give EJ yet another child, only for that child to leave Salem with its mother and not be heard of for the next several years. Oh, TPTB and their stupid planning ahead. Or lack thereof, actually.
Edited by OliveAnn, Feb 28 2014, 04:53 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

Since they donīt know whether KM is resigning or not I doubt she will be pregnant, because otherwise they would probably have her loose the baby if she decides to leave (but they have killed to many babies already). I suppose Abby could leave towm with the baby but I donīt see EJ letting her do that or him raising a baby by himself if she were to get killed off. I guess it possible that they could recast Abby though.

Anywau it will be fun to see EJ freak out at the thought of Abby pregnant.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

That was a weird interview.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kate S.
Member Avatar

Stockholm Syndrome, eh?

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

deVour

Maybe KM filmed scenes that never aired, because I don't remember EJ kidnapping Abby or that they were stuck in the cabin. Abby initiated or enthusiastically participated in their boink sessions. So no clue where the Stockholm Syndrome comes in. Maybe she thinks EJ is from Sweden?

EJ might have started out as manipulating her, but she was more than a willing participant, going so far as to practically beg EJ to take her on as his side piece even after finding out he and Sami had reconciled.

And I'm not getting how Abby can be such a "bright" young woman and at the same time be so "inexperienced with sex" and naive that she didn't think it could be possible for her to be preggers. Unless her "pure heart" is suppose to protect her from the more vulgar realities of life.

And can someone tell me what is so "special" about a engaged man sexing it up with a self-righteous delusional ex-virgin?

Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Angie79
Feb 28 2014, 02:03 AM

Yeah, she really doesn't seem to know what it means. This is like Ali's "Sophie's Choice" line from a few years back.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

I don't want Abby to be pregnant but if she is it would be interesting if she had an abortion. When was the last time that happened on Days? Would EJ be angry or relieved?
Offline Profile Goto Top

marie1969

Yep that chick is so full of shit it is not even funny...it is kind of funny. None of what she says in the article is true. She either straight up lied or she lives in her own little world just like Abbyfail. I would have more respect for her is she owned her crap.

Yeah, if she is indeed pregnant, she is so going to hide the baby from Ej just Sami and Nicole did. Now suddenly she realize Ej is dangerous even though she has been chasing this dangerous man around town and begging for him to screw her in the closet, shower and the conference room. It is the same story over and over again. Trick could not get enough of Ej to the point she was basically stalking him and begging him for sex, but now that he dumped her, he is so dangerous and she was being manipulated. Of course, she will hide the baby to protect it and of course, Ej will have to retaliate by taking the baby from her. How original.

One good thing about this shitty story, this does not sound like the a love story in the making. This sounds like a hiding the baby from ej recycling story number 1256774.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

jam6242
Feb 28 2014, 07:57 AM
I don't want Abby to be pregnant but if she is it would be interesting if she had an abortion. When was the last time that happened on Days? Would EJ be angry or relieved?
Mimi, right? I agree it would be interesting if done well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

salem_viewer
Member Avatar

It's good that she has learned she cannot be the spokesman for how fans will react. I haven't liked her previous interviews because of this.
Offline Profile Goto Top

marie1969

Halloween Family
Feb 28 2014, 01:54 AM
lysie
Feb 28 2014, 01:34 AM

She discusses that this is her first front-burner storyline, and says that it's been awesome. She reports that fan reaction has surprised her. "I thought people would think it was special, but the reaction has been powerful." As for naysayers she says that she has learned that other people's opinions aren't her business, and it's her job to perform. She says she's glad people are passionate about the story either way.

What does she mean by "I thought people would think it was special"?

I suppose if you hate Ejami being together, you would find it special :shrug: . Otherwise, most of the audience are married women juggling career and a family and the idea of some young little slut sniffing around your husband is one of your worst nightmare. I doubt many women would be sympathetic to that. Not to mention, a lot of women have been through being cheated one, so it is a sore subject, fandom aside. Or Since maybe I have never been the other woman, I can not relate to that kind of slutyness. There is that

Offline Profile Goto Top

salem_viewer
Member Avatar

Spencer Hastings
lysie
Feb 28 2014, 01:25 AM

Sami comes to the Horton house looking for a favor from Abigail who is home because she thinks she has the flu. Sami asks for Abigail's help and ends up staying for hours. To thank her for her help, Sami orders lunch for them. When Abigail gets sick from the smell of the tuna, Sami asks if she might be pregnant. Abigail briefly freaks out, but quickly recovers.
Because whenever my ex's cousin is sensitive to a smell, I always ask her if she could be pregnant. I know that it's storyline dictated, but that sounds so stupid to me.

Have you ever been pregnant? Smells are really profound. The smell of tuna or eggs made me want to hurl. My coworker asked me If I could be pregnant because of my reaction to tuna. This will be a good scene.
Edited by salem_viewer, Feb 28 2014, 08:23 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Feb 28 2014, 04:53 AM
I usually like Kate Mansi, but if on paper EJ is supposed to be manipulating Abby and Abby is supposed to be suffering from the Stockholm Syndrome, then either one or both of the actors have not done a good job acting that out. Another option is that KM doesn't really understand the storyline or know what the Stockholm Syndrome, but I doubt that.

I can't believe this could be her last year on the show. It still seems to me like she's new to the show. But, if she leaves and the character doesn't get recast, then it'll be pointless to give EJ yet another child, only for that child to leave Salem with its mother and not be heard of for the next several years. Oh, TPTB and their stupid planning ahead. Or lack thereof, actually.
I don't think even on paper EJ is supposed to be manipulating Abby since she initiated the first sex, blackmailed for the almost second time, and went to his gym for the third one. She kept saying she's not sorry, then she put her name forward for the sidepiece position. I don't think KM understands Stockholm Syndrome. I think she heard it used in relation to other couples and she liked how it sounds. Nothing else makes sense.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic