Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Pregnant Pause
Topic Started: Feb 28 2014, 01:25 AM (22,039 Views)
Restless84
Member Avatar

She said "it's almost like Abigail is going through Stockholm syndrome..." It makes sense to me in the context that it is used. She goes on to explain what she means and there is a lot more in that quote that provides context.
Online Profile Goto Top

salempc
Member Avatar

marie1969
Feb 28 2014, 08:08 AM
Halloween Family
Feb 28 2014, 01:54 AM
lysie
Feb 28 2014, 01:34 AM

She discusses that this is her first front-burner storyline, and says that it's been awesome. She reports that fan reaction has surprised her. "I thought people would think it was special, but the reaction has been powerful." As for naysayers she says that she has learned that other people's opinions aren't her business, and it's her job to perform. She says she's glad people are passionate about the story either way.

What does she mean by "I thought people would think it was special"?

I suppose if you hate Ejami being together, you would find it special :shrug: . Otherwise, most of the audience are married women juggling career and a family and the idea of some young little slut sniffing around your husband is one of your worst nightmare. I doubt many women would be sympathetic to that. Not to mention, a lot of women have been through being cheated one, so it is a sore subject, fandom aside. Or Since maybe I have never been the other woman, I can not relate to that kind of slutyness. There is that

Compared to rape, baby kidnapping, kidney stealing, attempted murder, etc., etc. etc., cheating is a misdemeanour in the world of soaps. Yes, I do indeed loathe EJ/Sami, but it's the chemistry that EJ and Abby share that compels me to watch them and root for them. If I didn't see something special there, wild horses couldn't have dragged me back into watching Days, especially considering that the male half of the pairing is a character I detested for 7 years! It's not the first time I've rooted for the sidepiece either. I was firmly on the side of Mike/Carrie back when Carrie cheated on Austin. Austin was an idiot and deserved to be cheated on, and Sami's in the same boat now.

Offline Profile Goto Top

ArnoldFinnegan
Member Avatar

WTF. This makes no sense. If precious widdle Abigail was so scared of EJ, why did she follow him around in effort to get a piece? Never thought I would say this, but I am totally on Team Sami right now. Can't wait to see Sami's fist connect with Abigail's face. :popcorn:
Online Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

...Well then. I'm looking forward to finding out whether KM has no clue what her character's been up to for the last few months or if Days fed her this interview and she was forced to put her name on this pile of WTFery.
Edited by six, Feb 28 2014, 09:13 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

salempc
Member Avatar

WTF interviews are routine for Days. Nothing new here.
Offline Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

Ellie
Feb 28 2014, 07:51 AM
Angie79
Feb 28 2014, 02:03 AM
Huh? the Stockholm Syndrome reference doesn't make sense. EJ has not held her against her will or abused her.

Yeah, she really doesn't seem to know what it means. This is like Ali's "Sophie's Choice" line from a few years back.
Ali's line about Sophie's Choice was long-streched, but you could understand what she meant by it in context (Sami having to make an impossible choice between leaving Grace or leaving Allie & Johnny). But, this really makes no sense.
Offline Profile Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Poor helpless Abby. She's not responsible because EJ's magic serpent put her in a trance, y'all.
Online Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Restless84
Feb 28 2014, 08:34 AM
She said "it's almost like Abigail is going through Stockholm syndrome..." It makes sense to me in the context that it is used. She goes on to explain what she means and there is a lot more in that quote that provides context.
I disagree.

I read the whole interview and my feelings after reading are best depicted by the face in my avi.

Seriously. I think shee thought using the phrase "Stockholm Syndrome" is just something actors do in interviews. Clearly, she has no idea what that phrase means.

Also, there was all kinds of WTFery in relation to how she stated in this interview things went down in the cabin & what actually played out onscreen. Wasnt even close.

As I said in another post, maybe it's the time lapse between when they filmed these scenes & her interview with SOD, but seriously, if that's the case, she really needs to rewatch the scenes she's going to speak about before...you know....speaking about them.
Edited by SoapGal1, Feb 28 2014, 09:44 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Feb 28 2014, 09:23 AM
Poor helpless Abby. She's not responsible because EJ's magic serpent put her in a trance, y'all.
Forget about what you saw on the screen, EJ's magic penis kidnapped Abby, held her captive and then abused her emotionally (and maybe physically) for months.

You know what, KM is such a whiner like her character. She hasn't seen abuse, she should experience half of what poor Guy Wilson is dealing with. He handles it with grace and intelligence. He doesn't whine.
Offline Profile Goto Top

justforfun

Hmmm...it's a weird interview, but I can see how she thinks EJ was manipulating her, now that the affair is "over" and she can look back on it with a little more realism. He was reaching out to her about the book, having a few conversations about Jack, and an inexperienced young woman could start to see him through rose colored glasses as she started to defend his actions towards her. She had been reeling from Chad's lies, and maybe subconsciously she wanted a little revenge by sleeping with his brother. EJ gave mixed signals each time they were together. She feels a bit manipulated - I don't blame her for that. EJ is the one who should feel a lot of guilt, and I don't see much oozing from him.

KM has done a great job with this storyline, so kudos to her! As far as leaving or renewing, I think she should renew for at least a year. She can see that her cohorts who have left aren't necessarily hitting it big, and more front burner stories could be good for her!
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 28 2014, 01:34 AM
There is a second article with Kate Mansi this week. It isn't spoilerish but since everyone is talking about it, I'll recap it here.

It starts with talk about how all of the other actors in her age range have left. She says that she is still friends with Casey Deidrick and Camila Banus, but that she also has close relationships with many on the show. She praises Ali Sweeney and mentions their work together.

She discusses that this is her first front-burner storyline, and she's really enjoying it. She reports that fan reaction has surprised her. "I thought people would think it was special, but the reaction has been powerful." As for naysayers she says that she has learned that other people's opinions aren't her business, and it's her job to perform. She references Davidson standing up for her and being a "mama bear" when some Ejami fans were giving her a hard time on Twitter.

She says she hasn't decided whether or not she will renew her contract in December, but she would definitely consider staying if an offer was made...
Eh.

She's young & naive & she thought everyone would be all shits & giggles over this story and they weren't.

She'll learn from this & probably won't worry so much about fan reaction in the future.

Also, I must've missed where ED came to her defense but good on her.

I don't get the vitriol from ANY fan towards the actor regarding a story.

She's just acting out what's written on the paper.

If you wanna yell & call names over a story you hate, I suggest going to the source...the writers.

The only thing the actor is responsible for is the acting.

And she's not a bad actor, IMO this is just a shitty story.

I do think she would've done better to not name a fanbase, because every fanbase has those loons who attack the actors. It probably Didnt help her cause but again she's young & is still learning.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

i just hope she re-signs with the show. We need SOME people to stay at least.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

deVour
Feb 28 2014, 07:49 AM
Maybe she thinks EJ is from Sweden?

This was hilarious!!

I think KM meant that she saw EJ in a sympathetic light when she shouldn't have. However, I think the real take away is that Abby is a victim in all this. That's it in a nutshell.
Online Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Quite the spin. Abby was manipulated into climbing that box and stopping EJ from taking his peen and going home.
Offline Profile Goto Top

freedom

marie1969

. Otherwise, most of the audience are married women juggling career and a family and the idea of some young little slut sniffing around your husband is one of your worst nightmare. I doubt many women would be sympathetic to that.

Well I certainly wouldn't appreciate it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Feb 28 2014, 05:33 AM
Since they donīt know whether KM is resigning or not I doubt she will be pregnant, because otherwise they would probably have her loose the baby if she decides to leave (but they have killed to many babies already). I suppose Abby could leave towm with the baby but I donīt see EJ letting her do that or him raising a baby by himself if she were to get killed off. I guess it possible that they could recast Abby though.

Anywau it will be fun to see EJ freak out at the thought of Abby pregnant.
I think they would recast Abby if they had to.

If James was leaving, they could have Ejami do what they do best, steal the baby.

If James was staying, they could have Ejabby ignite their relationship to raise the baby together.

I think a baby is born or she has an abortion.
Edited by Halloween Family, Feb 28 2014, 10:02 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

freedom
Feb 28 2014, 09:57 AM
marie1969

. Otherwise, most of the audience are married women juggling career and a family and the idea of some young little slut sniffing around your husband is one of your worst nightmare. I doubt many women would be sympathetic to that.

Well I certainly wouldn't appreciate it.
Maybe she thought us old marry women would want to live vicariously through Abby, we'd feel like our vaginas were rejuvenated through this story.
Online Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

marie1969
Feb 28 2014, 07:59 AM
Yep that chick is so full of shit it is not even funny...it is kind of funny. None of what she says in the article is true. She either straight up lied or she lives in her own little world just like Abbyfail. I would have more respect for her is she owned her crap.

Yeah, if she is indeed pregnant, she is so going to hide the baby from Ej just Sami and Nicole did. Now suddenly she realize Ej is dangerous even though she has been chasing this dangerous man around town and begging for him to screw her in the closet, shower and the conference room. It is the same story over and over again. Trick could not get enough of Ej to the point she was basically stalking him and begging him for sex, but now that he dumped her, he is so dangerous and she was being manipulated. Of course, she will hide the baby to protect it and of course, Ej will have to retaliate by taking the baby from her. How original.

One good thing about this shitty story, this does not sound like the a love story in the making. This sounds like a hiding the baby from ej recycling story number 1256774.
IDK... when it comes to Days they turn shit that doesn't sound like a love story into a wannabe love story in 6 months to a year...so who knows what the plan is with this story for the future...we'll have to wait and see.

Anyway....I finally read both articles, the ONLY thing that really doesn't make sense to me is the Stockholm Syndrome reference. Two things can be in play here and we'll know soon enough what it is...either she has no clue what it actually means, OR, the story will go there in time and since this show has that ridiculous tape/air schedule she might have been giving us a hint of what might be coming if that's the case. We'll know soon enough I guess.

The stuff she said about Ejami fans giving her a hard time isn't news to anyone....if you follow her on twitter you'll see what she is talking about and frankly it's nothing that some of the other actors haven't experienced from time to time and expressed it openly using either twitter or one of the soap mags to get the word out.... She also went on to say that how people feel about the story is none of her concern, which is true....so I don't see the big deal in anything she really said.

I don't think her telling the truth gives any fan the right to jump all over her...she really didn't offend anyone...she just said what she's experienced on twitter and that is the absolute truth!

Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

six
Feb 28 2014, 09:57 AM
gailwinters
Quite the spin. Abby was manipulated into climbing that box and stopping EJ from taking his peen and going home.
If anything, EJ's deprived peen was enticed and manipulated. What with all the face caressing, ego boost and goading him about him being Sami's lackey. How can he not succumb to the charms of an available and desirable young woman.

My counter interpretation: EJ's peen is a victim of trauma and kidnapping. He ended up sympathizing with his siren captor and that's why he cheated. I don't think mine is less rediculous than KM's WTFery.
Offline Profile Goto Top

freedom

gailwinters
Well I'm quite certain that's how this will play out. Abby will get a slap on the wrist and move on to a brand-new storyline with a new man. She won't be treated like the town pariah like she deserves. Sami will be left to pick up the pieces and EJ will be the "big baddie". Poor widdle Abby will be coddled.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic