Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Audition speculation for a NuAdam...
Topic Started: Mar 1 2014, 03:38 PM (5,488 Views)
MissLola
Member Avatar

Some of the foil hat conspiracy theories in the comments section made for a really entertaining read. TFP. :popcorn:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

metitle
Mar 2 2014, 03:19 PM
LPS
Mar 1 2014, 04:51 PM
The comments section is disturbing.
Its the same rants that are on many other boards. Do what I do, and just dont read them.

I am rather surprised that an affiliate station would run a story about the replacement of a soap actor. Was Mr. Muhney that popular - nationally? Its is rather strange that the conversation about Mr. Muhney's ousting is still going on. Again, was he really that popular? Well I suppose talking about him, whether it be good, bad or awful keeps him in the news - hence making him very popular.
It's their entertainment section and they ran the story when he got fired too.
I'm glad they ran it, just think how pissed his rabid fans will be when they read it. :popcorn:

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

I'm lost... What other "drama" has there been since MM's firing??!! Have I been living under a rock? Probably... so, someone fill me in. LOL!

nananana7

Lynx612
Mar 1 2014, 09:59 PM
Read the article. These people commenting are really delusional. They need to let it go. LOL He was let go in Dec! It's March! Give it a rest. HAHAHA
MissLola
Mar 2 2014, 09:07 PM
Some of the foil hat conspiracy theories in the comments section made for a really entertaining read. TFP. :popcorn:
eruell
Mar 2 2014, 12:51 AM
These people are so delusional to think MM can't be replaced! I for one have not missed his presence one bit. No one person makes or breaks a soap opera! :poof:

re: Muhney fanatics:
"Five Signs that You are a Psycho Soap Fan"
http://sarabibel.blogspot.com/2014/01/five-signs-that-you-are-psycho-soap-fan.html
Edited by nananana7, Mar 3 2014, 02:50 AM.

HotPepper
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Mar 2 2014, 12:43 PM
It's for the part of Adam not MM.
NO problem. No problem at all.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Fantastic nananana! :peace: :thumbsup:

Soapwatcher

I loved this article, I wished it was required reading by every little tween and teen who just know that MM is the king of the daytime and that he can do no wrong. They need this to be part of their homework that they have neglected for so long.

metitle
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Mar 3 2014, 12:30 AM
metitle
LPS
Its the same rants that are on many other boards. Do what I do, and just dont read them.

I am rather surprised that an affiliate station would run a story about the replacement of a soap actor. Was Mr. Muhney that popular - nationally? Its is rather strange that the conversation about Mr. Muhney's ousting is still going on. Again, was he really that popular? Well I suppose talking about him, whether it be good, bad or awful keeps him in the news - hence making him very popular.
I'm glad they ran it, just think how pissed his rabid fans will be when they read it. :popcorn:
I am just surprised that he is so popular that any entertainment report (affiliate or national) is talking about a soap actor.
I never pegged that a soap actor of his calibre would garner a mention on an entertainment report that is not soap opera dedicated.

Well I supposed I should think of him being more popular than I originally thought. Because other soap actors have been fired or left their positions and I dont remember them getting any mention, etc. on any entertainment report - be it affiliate or national.

By the way, did Victoria Rowell get this kind of PR (be it good/bad/awful) when she left Y&R? And she is too can be described as being controversial as well. Or Steve Burton who is more recent being mentioned about his character being replaced on GH on any entertainment report, other than soaps dedicated?

Seriously, I didn't know he was that popular. But then again, me talking about it on a message board, keeps the story going.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

He made himself popular.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

metitle
Mar 3 2014, 09:47 AM
Sammie Jo
metitle
LPS

I am just surprised that he is so popular that any entertainment report (affiliate or national) is talking about a soap actor.
I never pegged that a soap actor of his calibre would garner a mention on an entertainment report that is not soap opera dedicated.

Well I supposed I should think of him being more popular than I originally thought. Because other soap actors have been fired or left their positions and I dont remember them getting any mention, etc. on any entertainment report - be it affiliate or national.

By the way, did Victoria Rowell get this kind of PR (be it good/bad/awful) when she left Y&R? And she is too can be described as being controversial as well. Or Steve Burton who is more recent being mentioned about his character being replaced on GH on any entertainment report, other than soaps dedicated?

Seriously, I didn't know he was that popular. But then again, me talking about it on a message board, keeps the story going.
I was surprised too, but they do have an entertainment section, I almost never click on it unless the headline is about someone I know.
I couldn't tell you about VR, that was too long ago. lol
I wouldn't read too much into it towards his popularity, it was probably a slow news day and they needed something. :shrug:

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

I don't think it's his popularity making it "newsworthy ". I think it is just the scandal that has drawn a lot of attention. That and his psychotic fan/defenders.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Mar 3 2014, 03:23 PM
I don't think it's his popularity making it "newsworthy ". I think it is just the scandal that has drawn a lot of attention. That and his psychotic fan/defenders.
I believe you nailed that, the nutjobs are just trying to breath life into a dead horse.
Posted Image

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I think the fact that he was on Veronica Mars is what kept him in the corner of the eye of the entertainment news outlets still.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nananana7

Sammie Jo
Mar 1 2014, 03:38 PM

metitle
I am rather surprised that an affiliate station would run a story about the replacement of a soap.
Sammie Jo
metitle
Sammie Jo
Mar 3 2014, 02:15 PM
I wouldn't read too much into it towards his popularity, it was probably a slow news day and they needed something. :shrug:
Grandpa Hughes

if you look at the article, Fox isn't actually reporting anything at all. They didn't send anyone to investigate or interview or write anything up.

All Fox is doing is citing that Radar Online is reporting this. Radar Online has the scoop of this rumor.

Back when Muhney was first fired, the Fox "article" simply quoted TMZ and Radar Online.

If you're surprised why Fox News would report this:
"Fox News: Fair and Balanced" -- re-reporting what celebrity gossip websites say!
(Just had to add my snarky comment there).

But on a more serious note ... why would they have an "entertainment section"?
Well the name "Fox" originally came from "20th Century Fox" -- the movie studio.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_21st_Century_Fox

Lynx612

His fans are still whining on Facebook. And some do not look like they are teens. These people are adults! LOL

metitle
Member Avatar

nananana7
Mar 4 2014, 10:57 AM
Sammie Jo
Mar 1 2014, 03:38 PM

metitle
I am rather surprised that an affiliate station would run a story about the replacement of a soap.
Sammie Jo
metitle
Sammie Jo
Mar 3 2014, 02:15 PM
Grandpa Hughes

if you look at the article, Fox isn't actually reporting anything at all. They didn't send anyone to investigate or interview or write anything up.

All Fox is doing is citing that Radar Online is reporting this. Radar Online has the scoop of this rumor.

Back when Muhney was first fired, the Fox "article" simply quoted TMZ and Radar Online.

If you're surprised why Fox News would report this:
"Fox News: Fair and Balanced" -- re-reporting what celebrity gossip websites say!
(Just had to add my snarky comment there).

But on a more serious note ... why would they have an "entertainment section"?
Well the name "Fox" originally came from "20th Century Fox" -- the movie studio.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_21st_Century_Fox
I am surprised because other soap actors have been released from their positions and it was NOT reported on Fox's entertainment section nor were they reported on Radar, TMZ and whatever other crappy news sites out there.

So even though Fox has cited both Radar and TMZ, I am still shocked that they would pick up the story. I am aware of Fox News reputation as well as their slogan "Fair and Balanced", but do they report on all actors/actresses (including soaps, plays, etc.)? If the answer is yes, they report on all actors/actresses then I would not be surprised. But since they do not - that's why I am surprised.

Also thanks for the reminder that Fox came out of "20th Century Fox". Even though I never doubted it, because seeing all the movies that start with 20th Century Fox billing or the ginormous studios sprawling in LA, etc. I am still surprised that this news website pick up such a story when they do not have a dedicated soap column or section. When was the last time they reported something on Mr. Eric Breaden? So hence my surprise!

HotPepper
Member Avatar

Lynx612
Mar 4 2014, 11:03 AM
His fans are still whining on Facebook. And some do not look like they are teens. These people are adults! LOL
MM's fans are adults. They are women that work, homemakers, mothers, teachers, etc. Too old to be idolizing a soap star. All of them are acting like someone hurt and mistreated a family member or someone close to them. :D

Lynx612

I'm thinking this story was intentionally leaked to the tabs. I am wondering if MM leaked it.

Sometimes I go on Facebook and tell them all to SHUT UP! LOL
Edited by Lynx612, Mar 4 2014, 03:28 PM.

metitle
Member Avatar

Lynx612
Mar 4 2014, 03:26 PM
I'm thinking this story was intentionally leaked to the tabs. I am wondering if MM leaked it.

Even if it was leaked, was he seriously that popular that one of the main broadcasting networks would have picked it up?
Other actors/actresses stories have been leaked and I didn't see one of the four (ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC) major networks picking up the stories.
When Mr. Eric Breaden was in the middle of a contract tug-of-war with Sony/CBS, I didn't see his story getting picked up by any of the major networks.
Again, I will reiterate that I am surprised the story was picked up.

HotPepper
Member Avatar

According to MM fans on Facebook he cannot turn in a pre nom for best actor at the Emmy's. They are screaming how unfair it is.
Well Duh. The man was accused of fondling a member of the cast. Now whether this is really why he was fired we will never know. He was fired for something though which to me tells me he is not worthy of putting in a reel for a pre nom for the Emmy awards.

His fans just don't get it. The man was fired and will not be back. We might not ever see him again after being accused of fondling a cast member. They need to give it up and grow up.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply