Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Audition speculation for a NuAdam...
Topic Started: Mar 1 2014, 03:38 PM (5,731 Views)
Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

nananana7
Mar 4 2014, 10:57 AM
Sammie Jo
Mar 1 2014, 03:38 PM

metitle
Mar 2 2014, 03:19 PM
I am rather surprised that an affiliate station would run a story about the replacement of a soap.
Sammie Jo
Mar 3 2014, 12:30 AM
It's their entertainment section and they ran the story when he got fired too.
metitle
Mar 3 2014, 09:47 AM
I am just surprised that he is so popular that any entertainment report (affiliate or national) is talking about a soap actor.
I never pegged that a soap actor of his calibre would garner a mention on an entertainment report that is not soap opera dedicated.
Sammie Jo
Mar 3 2014, 02:15 PM
I wouldn't read too much into it towards his popularity, it was probably a slow news day and they needed something. :shrug:
Grandpa Hughes
Mar 3 2014, 03:23 PM
I don't think it's his popularity making it "newsworthy ". I think it is just the scandal that has drawn a lot of attention. That and his psychotic fan/defenders.

if you look at the article, Fox isn't actually reporting anything at all. They didn't send anyone to investigate or interview or write anything up.

All Fox is doing is citing that Radar Online is reporting this. Radar Online has the scoop of this rumor.

Back when Muhney was first fired, the Fox "article" simply quoted TMZ and Radar Online.

If you're surprised why Fox News would report this:
"Fox News: Fair and Balanced" -- re-reporting what celebrity gossip websites say!
(Just had to add my snarky comment there).

But on a more serious note ... why would they have an "entertainment section"?
Well the name "Fox" originally came from "20th Century Fox" -- the movie studio.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_21st_Century_Fox
I don't think anyone thinks that Fox sent a reporter to personally write the story. Fox has an entertainment section on their website where they get articles from other sources.
That's what most news sites do, for items they don't have a specific reporter for, they usually go to Associated press or whomever had the report.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

metitle
Mar 4 2014, 11:30 AM
nananana7
Mar 4 2014, 10:57 AM
Sammie Jo
Mar 1 2014, 03:38 PM

metitle
Mar 2 2014, 03:19 PM
I am rather surprised that an affiliate station would run a story about the replacement of a soap.
Sammie Jo
Mar 3 2014, 12:30 AM
It's their entertainment section and they ran the story when he got fired too.
metitle
Mar 3 2014, 09:47 AM
I am just surprised that he is so popular that any entertainment report (affiliate or national) is talking about a soap actor.
I never pegged that a soap actor of his calibre would garner a mention on an entertainment report that is not soap opera dedicated.
Sammie Jo
Mar 3 2014, 02:15 PM
I wouldn't read too much into it towards his popularity, it was probably a slow news day and they needed something. :shrug:
Grandpa Hughes
Mar 3 2014, 03:23 PM
I don't think it's his popularity making it "newsworthy ". I think it is just the scandal that has drawn a lot of attention. That and his psychotic fan/defenders.

if you look at the article, Fox isn't actually reporting anything at all. They didn't send anyone to investigate or interview or write anything up.

All Fox is doing is citing that Radar Online is reporting this. Radar Online has the scoop of this rumor.

Back when Muhney was first fired, the Fox "article" simply quoted TMZ and Radar Online.

If you're surprised why Fox News would report this:
"Fox News: Fair and Balanced" -- re-reporting what celebrity gossip websites say!
(Just had to add my snarky comment there).

But on a more serious note ... why would they have an "entertainment section"?
Well the name "Fox" originally came from "20th Century Fox" -- the movie studio.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_21st_Century_Fox
I am surprised because other soap actors have been released from their positions and it was NOT reported on Fox's entertainment section nor were they reported on Radar, TMZ and whatever other crappy news sites out there.

So even though Fox has cited both Radar and TMZ, I am still shocked that they would pick up the story. I am aware of Fox News reputation as well as their slogan "Fair and Balanced", but do they report on all actors/actresses (including soaps, plays, etc.)? If the answer is yes, they report on all actors/actresses then I would not be surprised. But since they do not - that's why I am surprised.

Also thanks for the reminder that Fox came out of "20th Century Fox". Even though I never doubted it, because seeing all the movies that start with 20th Century Fox billing or the ginormous studios sprawling in LA, etc. I am still surprised that this news website pick up such a story when they do not have a dedicated soap column or section. When was the last time they reported something on Mr. Eric Breaden? So hence my surprise!
I think they reported it because it was a sex scandal not just an ordinary "you're fired because you stink" situation.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

metitle
Mar 4 2014, 04:42 PM
Lynx612
Mar 4 2014, 03:26 PM
I'm thinking this story was intentionally leaked to the tabs. I am wondering if MM leaked it.

Even if it was leaked, was he seriously that popular that one of the main broadcasting networks would have picked it up?
Other actors/actresses stories have been leaked and I didn't see one of the four (ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC) major networks picking up the stories.
When Mr. Eric Breaden was in the middle of a contract tug-of-war with Sony/CBS, I didn't see his story getting picked up by any of the major networks.
Again, I will reiterate that I am surprised the story was picked up.

Because EB's contract negotiations happen every day, sex harassment scandals, not so much.

Lynx612

I am shocked at the backlash to Hunter. I sincerely hope that none of his fans are in her position and have people tell them they asked for it. The treatment of her is beyond despicable.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Lynx612
Mar 4 2014, 11:03 AM
His fans are still whining on Facebook. And some do not look like they are teens. These people are adults! LOL
There was one who is older than me. She has been watching since the beginning but now she's boycotting the show. I just don't get it.

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

SnowAngel
Mar 5 2014, 04:18 PM
BlissfulLily
Mar 1 2014, 08:16 PM
I would really love to see the ratings are since he's been gone. People seem to think that they are irreplaceable. Wrongo me bucko.
It's easy to blame EB for MM's getting canned. MM KNEW he did wrong because he said he did, he just didn't know when the other shoe was going to drop on his head. He never denied doing it. They stood behind HK and held the door open for MM to leave.
He was fired people, deal with it........

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I'm glad he's gone. Didn't like his arrogant ass from the first day in.

Lynx612

I think the appearance of the "hand" yesterday is a foretelling of a new Adam soon! I predict maybe by April we will hear of a hiring.

HotPepper
Member Avatar

How far ahead of time do they tape? Quite a long time before we see the show they tape. It might be longer then April since they haven't even hired a new Adam.

ArthriticBill
Member Avatar

natdot99
Mar 1 2014, 03:46 PM
What are the odds that JFP will hire another GH actor for this role :drunk:
4 to 5! :tumbleweed: :drive:

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

ArthriticBill
Mar 6 2014, 09:50 PM
natdot99
Mar 1 2014, 03:46 PM
What are the odds that JFP will hire another GH actor for this role :drunk:
4 to 5! :tumbleweed: :drive:
Just as long as it's not chester the molester.

HotPepper
Member Avatar

according to CelebrityLaundry the part of Adam has been cast.

I don't know if I believe this coming from the site it came from but this is what they are saying.

/www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2014/michael-muhney-adam-newman-young-restless-yr-returns/

shark
Member Avatar

When I go over there I get covered up with cookies and one time I was scared it crashed my computer it did an auto shut down. I'll let somebody else tell me what they got to say in there. LOL

copy and paste for me
Edited by shark, Mar 9 2014, 02:16 PM.

HotPepper
Member Avatar

HERE YOU GO SHARK. JUST FOR YOU

The Young and the Restless’ Adam Newman Returns – Michael Muhney’s Replacement Faces Viewer Rejection
BY Siyana Riley on March 9, 2014 | 0 Comments
Related : Hot News, Soap Opera, Spoiler, Television, The Young and the Restless

Michael Muhney was fired from the Young and the Restless, causing extreme unrest and anger from longtime fans of the show who also happen to be massive fans of Muhney. Although they’ve tried everything from banners to petitions, the network has refused to change their mind in rehiring Muhney, and instead have ‘killed off’ his character.

As we know, Adam Newman’s not really dead, although his character has been recast. His new face has yet to be revealed, but with fans so used to Muhney, what are the chances that they’ll be able to accept someone else in the iconic role? I mean, they flew PLANES over CBS to protest Muhney’s firing, which means they’re not going to welcome the new Adam with open arms.

However, there is precedence that daytime fans are willing to accept cast changes when it’s worth it. For example when Terry Lester quit playing Jack after almost a decade with the character, fans were positive that they would never be able to accept his replacement. However, Peter Bergman not only proved them wrong, but won three Daytime Emmys in the process!

However, there have also been instances where recasts have failed, and fans have completely rebelled against the new character. It really depends on the ability of the new actor to blend into the world surrounding him, as well as his ability to make the role his own. With the indelible affect that Muhney had on Adam, it’s hard to see how anyone will be able to take his place. However, while this new Adam will have the odds stacked against him, at least his fellow castmates are rooting for him to succeed – even if the fans are not.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

I hope he ( the replacement) blows them all away, becomes Mega popular and wins a truckload of awards. They make that creep sound like the second coming of James Dean or something. He was an average looking journeyman actor who could hit his marks and say his lines without screwing up. O yeah and he was a narcissistic perv.
Edited by Grandpa Hughes, Mar 9 2014, 04:08 PM.

shark
Member Avatar

HotPepper
Mar 9 2014, 03:56 PM

The Young and the Restless’ Adam Newman Returns – Michael Muhney’s Replacement Faces Viewer Rejection

Michael Muhney was fired from the Young and the Restless, causing extreme unrest and anger from longtime fans of the show who also happen to be massive fans of Muhney. Although they’ve tried everything from banners to petitions, the network has refused to change their mind in rehiring Muhney, and instead have ‘killed off’ his character.

As we know, Adam Newman’s not really dead, although his character has been recast. His new face has yet to be revealed, but with fans so used to Muhney, what are the chances that they’ll be able to accept someone else in the iconic role? I mean, they flew PLANES over CBS to protest Muhney’s firing, which means they’re not going to welcome the new Adam with open arms.

However, there is precedence that daytime fans are willing to accept cast changes when it’s worth it. For example when Terry Lester quit playing Jack after almost a decade with the character, fans were positive that they would never be able to accept his replacement. However, Peter Bergman not only proved them wrong, but won three Daytime Emmys in the process!

However, there have also been instances where recasts have failed, and fans have completely rebelled against the new character. It really depends on the ability of the new actor to blend into the world surrounding him, as well as his ability to make the role his own. With the indelible affect that Muhney had on Adam, it’s hard to see how anyone will be able to take his place. However, while this new Adam will have the odds stacked against him, at least his fellow castmates are rooting for him to succeed – even if the fans are not.

:thanks: I can't wait to see who the poor fellow is going to be. He's gonna catch it from all sides. The boards will implode when he's trotted out. LOL

HotPepper
Member Avatar

I find nothing good looking about MM. He had very beady eyes which tells me he cannot be trusted. I think anyone with beady eyes is sneaky and will go behind your back to get what they want.

Yes, the new Adam is going to make the boards explode. Some will hate him. Some will like him. I just hope he is a good replacement and wins the heart of all the viewers.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

shark
Mar 9 2014, 04:33 PM
HotPepper
Mar 9 2014, 03:56 PM

:thanks: I can't wait to see who the poor fellow is going to be. He's gonna catch it from all sides. The boards will implode when he's trotted out. LOL
Oh absolutely they will implode! But wait, if the MM fans aren't watching the show, how will they know there's a new Adam??? They'll have to admit they've been paying attention. :popcorn:

shark
Member Avatar

HotPepper
Mar 9 2014, 04:51 PM
I find nothing good looking about MM. He had very beady eyes which tells me he cannot be trusted. I think anyone with beady eyes is sneaky and will go behind your back to get what they want.

Yes, the new Adam is going to make the boards explode. Some will hate him. Some will like him. I just hope he is a good replacement and wins the heart of all the viewers.
LOL that's half the population :laugh: :ninja:
Edited by shark, Mar 9 2014, 05:34 PM.

Soapwatcher

Another article on that same site said that Chris McKenna was going to be the new Adam, that he would play one character then later make it known he was Adam. Was that Chris McKenna that played the cop during the Delia ball if it was I was not impressed with him at all.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply