Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Audition speculation for a NuAdam...
Topic Started: Mar 1 2014, 03:38 PM (5,464 Views)
HotPepper
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Mar 9 2014, 05:21 PM
shark
Mar 9 2014, 04:33 PM
HotPepper
Mar 9 2014, 03:56 PM
HERE YOU GO SHARK. JUST FOR YOU

The Young and the Restless’ Adam Newman Returns – Michael Muhney’s Replacement Faces Viewer Rejection
BY Siyana Riley on March 9, 2014 | 0 Comments
Related : Hot News, Soap Opera, Spoiler, Television, The Young and the Restless

Michael Muhney was fired from the Young and the Restless, causing extreme unrest and anger from longtime fans of the show who also happen to be massive fans of Muhney. Although they’ve tried everything from banners to petitions, the network has refused to change their mind in rehiring Muhney, and instead have ‘killed off’ his character.

As we know, Adam Newman’s not really dead, although his character has been recast. His new face has yet to be revealed, but with fans so used to Muhney, what are the chances that they’ll be able to accept someone else in the iconic role? I mean, they flew PLANES over CBS to protest Muhney’s firing, which means they’re not going to welcome the new Adam with open arms.

However, there is precedence that daytime fans are willing to accept cast changes when it’s worth it. For example when Terry Lester quit playing Jack after almost a decade with the character, fans were positive that they would never be able to accept his replacement. However, Peter Bergman not only proved them wrong, but won three Daytime Emmys in the process!

However, there have also been instances where recasts have failed, and fans have completely rebelled against the new character. It really depends on the ability of the new actor to blend into the world surrounding him, as well as his ability to make the role his own. With the indelible affect that Muhney had on Adam, it’s hard to see how anyone will be able to take his place. However, while this new Adam will have the odds stacked against him, at least his fellow castmates are rooting for him to succeed – even if the fans are not.

:thanks: I can't wait to see who the poor fellow is going to be. He's gonna catch it from all sides. The boards will implode when he's trotted out. LOL
Oh absolutely they will implode! But wait, if the MM fans aren't watching the show, how will they know there's a new Adam??? They'll have to admit they've been paying attention. :popcorn:
HA I found the article on the facebook wall called Michael Muhney Loved Always. The MM fans put in on their Facebook wall. :shrug:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

shark
Member Avatar

Yeah, I said all along I thought he would be the new Adam. Close to same age, hgt. looks. I thought he acted like a newbie during the Gala, but, that was his first day I'm willing to cut him some slack.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Is there a picture of the guy out yet?

shark
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
Mar 9 2014, 08:38 PM
Is there a picture of the guy out yet?
Posted Image

HotPepper
Member Avatar

No picture or name has been shown or mentioned. Either they haven't recast and this is all BS since it came from a site (Celebrity laundry} that is full of BS and usually puts out false info it might be just blowing smoke up our ass. Either that or they have decided not to let us know who the new Adam is until he makes his first appearance or right before his first appearance.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

The comments on that site regarding people who support MM crack me up. :blulaugh:

shark
Member Avatar

I really liked him and his character, but, I've learned as soon as you get to liking somebody they hit the door or are showed the door, so, I try not to get to attached to them. I liked the first Adam too and he lasted as long as a snowball in hell.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

I'm a fan of MM's of him as Adam, loved him on VM...but going crazy after he was let go from YR? Nope.. Not me. I just sat there in disbelief. Please don't hate me *blush*

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Soapwatcher
Mar 9 2014, 06:39 PM
Another article on that same site said that Chris McKenna was going to be the new Adam, that he would play one character then later make it known he was Adam. Was that Chris McKenna that played the cop during the Delia ball if it was I was not impressed with him at all.
If it was the guy who played the cop, (agree, he was terrible) then it couldn't have been his hand in the hospital bed.
McKenna denies that he is the nu adam and that rumor started long before the nu adam has been recast story came out, so, I'm guessing it's not him.
Whoever he is, I hope he's great and the rabid fans have to eat their words as they pretend not to watch the show. lol

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Ally
Mar 10 2014, 08:59 AM
I'm a fan of MM's of him as Adam, loved him on VM...but going crazy after he was let go from YR? Nope.. Not me. I just sat there in disbelief. Please don't hate me *blush*
Now see, you're a sane person. lol

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

shark
Mar 9 2014, 07:44 PM
Yeah, I said all along I thought he would be the new Adam. Close to same age, hgt. looks. I thought he acted like a newbie during the Gala, but, that was his first day I'm willing to cut him some slack.
If he was at the gala, he can't be the new adam, adam is laying in a hospital bed.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Yeah stories are getting all muckied up. Adam hasn't been seen since the wreck. He wasn't at the ball, or really doubt making a call. That's too much of a give away.
Story lines will open like spring flowers this week and we will get answers. Adam answers, Chloe answers and Phyllis answers.
Comeon Victor, perform your magic.

Lynx612

All I can say is, my heart goes out to the new guy playing Adam! He is in for a rough go! Hope he has a thick skin! I wish him all the luck in the world and that he knocks them dead with his portrayal!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply