Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of March 3rd
Topic Started: Mar 3 2014, 02:26 AM (17,039 Views)
thepadange

six
Mar 9 2014, 02:56 PM
Kaha
Mar 9 2014, 02:50 PM
six
Mar 9 2014, 02:43 PM
Kaha
Mar 9 2014, 02:19 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deephttp://t.co/wFxfFowXLV
I don't think Days has filmed on location in decades, except that time they had Roman visit the Hollywood sign.
It was just a wild hope. I wish American soaps are like European soaps. They have way more realistic sets and they often film outdoors. They also film on actual parks rather than stupid looking studio parks.
Agreed. American soaps used to be like that, it's too bad that time has passed. Although Days seems to be in the worst shape. The other soaps have done things like filming outdoors and going on location fairly recently.
I sure can't speak about European soaps in general because I'm watching only a couple of them but none of them airs "so early" in Daytime like American soaps. They usually air about 5.30 pm - 8 pm (Daytime or Primetime). I'm not sure (so, please, correct me if I'm wrong) if there are European soaps that air 11 am- 3 pm. And I think, time-slot makes a huge difference.

IMO, European and American soaps just have different strengths and weaknesses. Yes, they often film outdoors in Europe, but cast members don't stay for a long time (which means few (or none) legacy characters), American soaps have definitely "more classic" plots/storylines, "more chic" wardrobe/make-up etc.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Kaha
six
Kaha
Mar 9 2014, 02:19 PM
WillFan
Mar 9 2014, 01:03 PM
Brendan Coughlin @Bren_Coughlin
Although I miss my family terribly @TeriAndrez I love shooting in Utah http://t.co/wFxfFowXLV

Is it too much to hope that it's Days related? I am hoping that T goes Misery on WilSon? He abducts Sonny to a secluded cabin in Utah, Will surreptitiously follows them thinking they're having an affair.

I don't think Days has filmed on location in decades, except that time they had Roman visit the Hollywood sign.
It was just a wild hope. I wish American soaps are like European soaps. They have way more realistic sets and they often film outdoors. They also film on actual parks rather than stupid looking studio parks.
The only soap that I can think of that still does those great location shoots is The Bold & The Beautiful. In the past 5 years, B&B has thus far been to Cabo San Lucas-Mexico, Pugalia-Italy, Aspen, Monte Carlo, and they're planning on shooting in Abu Dhabi and Dubai next month.

Y&R and GH might not do a lot of location shooting but they do sometimes film outdoors. Days is by far the worst of the bunch. All of their filming is down on man-made sets that look ridiculous most of the time.
Edited by Panda Panda, Mar 9 2014, 05:28 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tylerbo20

John was hit by a car outside i was there lol...and they can't even afford to use Salem Place anymore sad very sad. maybe for the 50th NBC will pump some money into it like ABC did for GH

six
Member Avatar

thepadange
Mar 9 2014, 04:20 PM
six
Kaha
six

Agreed. American soaps used to be like that, it's too bad that time has passed. Although Days seems to be in the worst shape. The other soaps have done things like filming outdoors and going on location fairly recently.
I sure can't speak about European soaps in general because I'm watching only a couple of them but none of them airs "so early" in Daytime like American soaps. They usually air about 5.30 pm - 8 pm (Daytime or Primetime). I'm not sure (so, please, correct me if I'm wrong) if there are European soaps that air 11 am- 3 pm. And I think, time-slot makes a huge difference.

IMO, European and American soaps just have different strengths and weaknesses. Yes, they often film outdoors in Europe, but cast members don't stay for a long time (which means few (or none) legacy characters), American soaps have definitely "more classic" plots/storylines, "more chic" wardrobe/make-up etc.
Yeah they do have their strengths and weaknesses, but Days used to have it all - the glamor, the history, the outside shots etc.

John got ran down about seven years ago. Not recent. :-/
Edited by six, Mar 9 2014, 09:12 PM.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Days doesn't even need to do oversea's location shoots, or even out of state shoots, but it would help improve the quality of the show if they actually shot scenes outside every once in awhile. Maybe shoot a park scene at an actual park.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

thepadange
Mar 9 2014, 04:20 PM
six
Kaha
six

I think the reason the actors leave regularly on Euro soaps is Europeans don't distinguish between t.v. actors and movie actors. If you're good, you're good. Personally, I prefer the realism of European soaps. People look more real and they live more real lives. Aside from soaps, most good ideas now comes from European t.v., specially the Brits. The British excel at TV.

As for sets, I don't know why is NBC starving Days. I watch GH their wardrobe and set designs are much better. People actually have offices, including mobsters. No one conducts a business or runs a multimillion corporation from a park bench or a coffee shop.

tylerbo20

if Days and NBC and Sony were smart they would move DAYS to a different studio/bigger it would save money they could leave more sets up!

blueskies
Member Avatar

I posted this in the SOD thread, but remind me to never believe anyone else over Jason again (very sorry!). Here I was believing MF and his "June" airdate for her...

wayne askin
@eileen_davidson So, when is the first airdate???

Eileen Davidson ‏@eileen_davidson
@AskinWayne augustish! Long time!

Jason47
Member Avatar

blueskies
Mar 9 2014, 10:18 PM
I posted this in the SOD thread, but remind me to never believe anyone else over Jason again (very sorry!). Here I was believing MF and his "June" airdate for her...

wayne askin

Eileen Davidson @eileen_davidson
When she announced she'd be returning in March, my "best guess" tape schedule said her first airdate would be around the week of July 28-August 1 if she started taping the first week of March. Glad you finally jumped on the Jason47 bandwagon. Hope you have a fun ride!!

:bye: :welcome: :applause:

tylerbo20

lame

Yoryla
Member Avatar

blueskies
Mar 9 2014, 10:18 PM

wayne askin

Eileen Davidson ‏@eileen_davidson
Thanks, blueskies :D Glad to know this is now cleared up.

(And to Jason of course, but that goes without saying. :) )

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply