Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, March 4th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 4 2014, 12:20 AM (14,712 Views)
Kaha
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Mar 5 2014, 02:36 PM
Kaha
Mar 5 2014, 09:21 AM
Kinay
Mar 5 2014, 08:30 AM
Kaha
Mar 5 2014, 07:52 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Abby is a lifelong student who inherited her father's thirst for knowledge, has studied abroad, is well read and well traveled. She could teach high school dropout, baby popping, man chasing Sami a lot about anything. What Sami needs to learn about being a Demira is not art and culture, but that they cannot be trusted,ever.
I am so glad Abby finally graduated after a dacade and she earned herself a nice BA that qualified her to do the same job that crackhead Theresa was doing.

As for Sami, if giving birth three times is a shameful thing then she's in good company with Hope, Alice, Caroline, Kayla to name a few.
Since there are many college graduates working as waiters/waitresses,fast food,and entry level positions until they can find something else,it is not a stretch that Abby would get the job at the hospital.The only reason "crackhead" Theresa got the job is because Chief of Staff Kayla Johnson asked Jennifer to give the job to her and Jennifer was kind enough to agree to do so even though Theresa was likely not qualified for the job.
Hope has a job a the police force that she earned,Kayla graduated from medical school and worked her way up to chief of staff,Caroline worked two businesses with her husband and carried on after he died in addition to taking care of Sami's kids,and Alice worked tirelessly as a volunteer at the hospital in addition to being the matriarch of a troubled family who she loved,supported,and aided whenever possible.You left out Kate and Marlena who have also risen to the top of their professions.Sami got a job working for her fiance who has been apparently chasing her for seven or eight years with no thought of any other woman.Way to work hard to achieve Sami.
These are the occupations listed for Sami Brady at Soapcentral.com

Quote:

President of Countess Wilhemina Cosmetics (April 2012 to present)
Former executive for Countess Wilhemina Cosmetics (December 2012- March 2012)
Former junior executive at Mad World Cosmetics (October 2011- January 2012)
Former stay-at-home mother
Former partner with E.J. DiMera in Mythic
Former executive assistant for Austin Reed and Company
Former receptionist/filer at Basic Black
Former receptionist at Salem University Hospital
Former director of imaging at Titan Publishing
Clearly, Sami held lots of jobs and was not just sitting around bare foot and pregnant.

I am not sure if they're true or not, or if she was good at any of them. But even if she didn't work and was a stay-at-home mom, that's not a bad thing. There's a thing called choice where women are entitled to choose whether they want to have a career or not. I am not sure why you think only a woman who works is worthy of respect. You can despise Sami for many reasons, but holding a job or having kids are not valid reasons for despising her.
Edited by Kaha, Mar 5 2014, 10:16 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Kaha
Mar 5 2014, 08:37 PM
BeeBee
Mar 5 2014, 02:36 PM
Kaha
Mar 5 2014, 09:21 AM
Kinay
Mar 5 2014, 08:30 AM

I am so glad Abby finally graduated after a dacade and she earned herself a nice BA that qualified her to do the same job that crackhead Theresa was doing.

As for Sami, if giving birth three times is a shameful thing then she's in good company with Hope, Alice, Caroline, Kayla to name a few.
Since there are many college graduates working as waiters/waitresses,fast food,and entry level positions until they can find something else,it is not a stretch that Abby would get the job at the hospital.The only reason "crackhead" Theresa got the job is because Chief of Staff Kayla Johnson asked Jennifer to give the job to her and Jennifer was kind enough to agree to do so even though Theresa was likely not qualified for the job.
Hope has a job a the police force that she earned,Kayla graduated from medical school and worked her way up to chief of staff,Caroline worked two businesses with her husband and carried on after he died in addition to taking care of Sami's kids,and Alice worked tirelessly as a volunteer at the hospital in addition to being the matriarch of a troubled family who she loved,supported,and aided whenever possible.You left out Kate and Marlena who have also risen to the top of their professions.Sami got a job working for her fiance who has been apparently chasing her for seven or eight years with no thought of any other woman.Way to work hard to achieve Sami.
These are the occupations listed for Sami Brady at Soapcentral.com

Quote:

President of Countess Wilhemina Cosmetics (April 2012 to present)
Former executive for Countess Wilhemina Cosmetics (December 2012- March 2012)
Former junior executive at Mad World Cosmetics (October 2011- January 2012)
Former stay-at-home mother
Former partner with E.J. DiMera in Mythic
Former executive assistant for Austin Reed and Company
Former receptionist/filer at Basic Black
Former receptionist at Salem University Hospital
Former director of imaging at Titan Publishing
Clearly, Sami held lots of jobs and was not just sitting around bare foot and pregnant.

I am not sure if they're true or not, or if she was good at any of them. But even if she didn't work and was a stay-at-home mom, that's not a bad thing. There's a thing called choice where women are entitled to choose whether they want to have a career or not. I am not sure why you think only a woman who works is worthy of respect. You can despise Sami for many reasons, but holding a job or having kids are not valid reasons for despising her.
So basically Sami was receptionist and stay home mother other than when she worked for her stepbrother's grandfather,her stepfather,her brother-in-law,her boyfriend,
her childhood friend,and her fiance.I know the job at Mad World was entry level and the other postions other than director of imaging appear to be entry level jobs requiring only a GED which Sami claimed to have gotten after she had Will.I just don't see how these job qualify her to run CW or a division of that company and it appears that Sami got the jobs based on who she knows since she was working for relatives or family friends.I have not watched the show long enough to know about the other jobs but I would be interested in knowing when Sami got the jobs listed,how long the jobs lasted, what caused her to leave the jobs,and when Johnny and Sydney were born in relation to those jobs.
I remember when Ann told Jennifer or JJ that she hired Abby because Abby was the best candidate for the job.Since Anne dislikes Jennifer and is not shown to have a lot of love for Abby,I have to believe Abby was in fact qualified for her entry level position at the hospital.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 5 2014, 12:37 AM
MelMel
Mar 5 2014, 12:33 AM
SoapGal1
Mar 5 2014, 12:29 AM
happyphairy
Mar 5 2014, 12:24 AM

What??

Posted Image[/URL]

Surely you jest.
It must be an EJILL thing for EJ, he gets so excited for Will news; the engagement reaction :facepalm:
I'm convinced he spends his work hours make WilSon montages and writing fanfiction.
Maybe Austin gave him scrapbooking lessons.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply