Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jason47's Weekly Thread: Week of 3/3-3/9; 3/8 update: Tina Andrews comments on the "Valerie/David" kiss...
Topic Started: Mar 4 2014, 02:38 PM (3,528 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

True O'Brien was confirmed to be on contract in today's credits, appearing just before Drake Hogestyn. The credits also listed her character's full name as Paige Larson.

Principal Guest Stars: Week of Monday 3/3/14-Friday 3/7/14

John Aniston - Victor Kiriakis
Bryan Dattilo - Lucas Horton
Aaron & Griffin Kunitz - Johnny DiMera
Lauren Boles - Ciara Brady
Aloma Wright - Maxine Landis
Brendan Coughlin - Tad Stevens
Kevin Riggin - Rory
Allison Paige - Bev
Michael Benyaer - Dr. Jakub Chyka
Mark Collier - Liam Frazer
Larry Poindexter - Father Louis
Jade Harlow - Sheryl Connors
Terry James - Stunt Coordinator

3/5 UPDATE: WILSON WEDDING DAY NEARS:

"Days" fans are getting ready for the historic wedding of Will Horton and Sonny Kiriakis, the first gay couple set to be married in Salem. Will the duo face any hurdles on the big day, or will the wedding go as planned? Fans will soon find out as the wedding is set to air within the next month.

TINA ANDREWS DISCUSSES HER STINT ON "DAYS"...FIRST INTERRACIAL KISS ON DAYTIME TV

Tina Andrews, who played Valerie Grant on "Days" from 1975-1977 gave an interview recently about her time on the show. In the storyline, she was paired up with Richard Guthrie (David Banning, Julie's son) and the duo shared the first-ever interracial kiss on daytime television. The show, and Andrews specifically, received a lot of hate mail over this ground-breaking event.

Start the video at the 9:15 mark to hear Andrews' remarks about "Days"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwq_5DUY3Fg

DAVID & VALERIE: THE KISS

Posted below is a recent interview with Tina Andrews, who played Valerie Grant on "Days" from 1975-1977. Now, here is the video of that ground-breaking kiss between David and Valerie, which aired on October 1, 1976 (the same episode that Doug and Julie got married).

Start the video at the 8:55 mark to see the scene which made daytime history...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy9SgJI4IV0

Edited by Jason47, Mar 9 2014, 01:55 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

Jason47
Mar 4 2014, 02:38 PM
True O'Brien was confirmed to be on contract in today's credits, appearing just before Drake Hogestyn. The credits also listed her character's full name as Paige Larson.

Principal Guest Stars: Week of Monday 3/3/14-Friday 3/7/14

John Aniston - Victor Kiriakis
Bryan Dattilo - Lucas Horton
Aaron & Griffin Kunitz - Johnny DiMera
Lauren Boles - Ciara Brady
Aloma Wright - Maxine Landis
Brendan Coughlin - Tad Stevens
Kevin Riggin - Rory
Allison Paige - Bev
Michael Benyaer - Dr. Jakub Chyka
Mark Collier - Liam Frazer
Larry Poindexter - Father Louis
Jade Harlow - Sheryl Connors
Terry James - Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Jason! :)

I can't wait to see Father Louis again. Hopefully he won't have to threaten to expel anyone's children thanks to their parents' behavior this time. ;)

I'm trying to think what happens this week that needs a stunt coordinator.

phloe3

Thanks. I guess Paige is here to stay. I would rather see JJ with Bev

Sandell

THANKS JASON

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Is Drake back on contract, and for good?

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Yoryla
Mar 4 2014, 03:29 PM
He must be on-contract because Jason doesn't have him listed here.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Mar 4 2014, 03:29 PM
Yes, Drake mentioned awhile back he was on contract, and today's credits listed him just after True O'Brien and just before John Aniston.

phloe3

I wonder if Paige is going to have a connection in town

Jason47
Member Avatar

WILSON WEDDING DAY NEARS:

"Days" fans are getting ready for the historic wedding of Will Horton and Sonny Kiriakis, the first gay couple set to be married in Salem. Will the duo face any hurdles on the big day, or will the wedding go as planned? Fans will soon find out as the wedding is set to air within the next month.

michr544125

Are Wally and Judy on contract? Justin and Adrienne better be at their own son's wedding lol. Intrigued about the stunt coordinator. I don't see this wedding not happening so surprised there might actually be drama at their wedding. Interesting that a priest is going to marry a gay couple...
Edited by michr544125, Mar 5 2014, 08:54 PM.

Keith
Member Avatar

michr544125
Mar 5 2014, 08:37 PM
Are Wally and Judy on contract?
No. They're recurring.

stormymac
Member Avatar

michr544125
Are Wally and Judy on contract? Justin and Adrienne better be at their own son's wedding lol. Intrigued about the stunt coordinator. I don't see this wedding not happening so surprised there might actually be drama at their wedding. Interesting that a priest is going to marry a gay couple...
The above cast list, with the priest and stunt coordinator, is for this week only, it has nothing to do with the wedding. He didn't say anything about the wedding except that it will be within the next month. No matter what I think about TomSell, there is no way they won't have Justin and Adrienne at Sonny's wedding.

michr544125

stormymac
Mar 5 2014, 09:36 PM
michr544125
The above cast list, with the priest and stunt coordinator, is for this week only, it has nothing to do with the wedding. He didn't say anything about the wedding except that it will be within the next month. No matter what I think about TomSell, there is no way they won't have Justin and Adrienne at Sonny's wedding.
Ooooh! I thought this was for the wedding week :blulaugh: . I as all excited thinking Wilson was going to have a stunt coordinator at the wedding.
Edited by michr544125, Mar 5 2014, 09:44 PM.

stormymac
Member Avatar

michr544125
Mar 5 2014, 09:43 PM
stormymac
michr544125
Ooooh! I thought this was for the wedding week :blulaugh: . I as all excited thinking Wilson was going to have a stunt coordinator at the wedding.
You and I both know, only in our dreams. I love WilSon and really want them to have an epic wedding, but what I wouldn't give for there to be bloodshed at the reception.

What kind of person has my mother raised?? :wtf:

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

stormymac
Mar 5 2014, 09:51 PM
michr544125
Mar 5 2014, 09:43 PM
stormymac
michr544125
You and I both know, only in our dreams. I love WilSon and really want them to have an epic wedding, but what I wouldn't give for there to be bloodshed at the reception.

What kind of person has my mother raised?? :wtf:
I think Nick will try to stop the wedding. He threatened Sonny on Monday saying he has a bullet for Sami, Kate, and "the happy couple" -

sunnyways
Member Avatar

I cannot wait for the wedding! I'm also soooo looking forward to Sami and Adrienne trying to get along and plan what I hope is the wedding to top all weddings in Salem! :) However I don't trust the writers to come up with anything remotely amusing or original when it comes to the wedding planners :(

And count me in as wanting a little bit of drama, a few drunk cousins acting inappropriately and maybe just a drop or two of bloodshed (Abigail's nose after Sami finds out about Ejabby?) just as long it's not Sonny and Will causing the drama!

Kaha
Member Avatar

I hope they don't dress Sonny as a cruise singer. Will looked great at Ari's christening but Sonny was dressed for an interview or a sales pitch.

Also, I hope they bring back Austin and Carrie and Sonny's brothers. And we at least get a mention of Will and Sonny's missing relatives (uncle Steve for Sonny, and Will's grandfather Bill and his aunt Bella)

Will&Sonny

I'm sure that Will and Sonny will actually get married -- this is a historic wedding for Days (and daytime in general), so there's no way that the writers are going to make it like Sami's string of weddings that never actually reach their intended conclusion -- but there will probably be "drama" (read: annoyance) in the form of Nick. :sleep: I'll be pleasantly surprised if someone locks him in a closet or something to prevent him from being able to spoil the big event.

Will&Sonny

Also, I'm going to go with the wedding occurring on the week of March 31st through April 4th (perhaps beginning the previous Friday, March 28th), but that's just a guess. I just really hope that this wedding isn't "rushed" because of the stupidity that is the Nick and Gabi storyline. Those two don't deserve to have any control over Will and Sonny's big day. It's bad enough that Nick already spoiled Arianna's christening.

Kaha
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Mar 5 2014, 10:13 PM
I'm sure that Will and Sonny will actually get married -- this is a historic wedding for Days (and daytime in general), so there's no way that the writers are going to make it like Sami's string of weddings that never actually reach their intended conclusion -- but there will probably be "drama" (read: annoyance) in the form of Nick. :sleep: I'll be pleasantly surprised if someone locks him in a closet or something to prevent him from being able to spoil the big event.
I think Nick will be Gabi's +1. Yes, she's that selfish and clueless. He could also attendy by way of blackmailing WilSon into inviting him. What's another pointless blackmail.

Gack ruining another Wilson event is making my head hurt in advance.
Edited by Kaha, Mar 5 2014, 10:23 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply