Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
"Days" cast member set to depart...; 4/7: Hooray, a new cryptic clue added!
Topic Started: Mar 4 2014, 06:08 PM (95,559 Views)
ShaneDOOLFan

I pretty much called this based on Sheyrl's abrupt exit. They are definitely rewriting Jordan's storyline.
Online Profile Goto Top

Restless84
Member Avatar

Thanks, but Loose Lips is really behind when it comes to Days. Sheryl's final scenes have already aired haven't they? Or are there more?
Online Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Apr 13 2014, 04:46 PM
Dawn at SoapTownUSA (who is pretty reliable) is reporting that Justin Gaston is out. http://soaptownusa.com/?p=6984#more-6984

DAYS OF OUR LIVES: Itís bye-bye to another character on the show and the final scenes will be sometime next month. When this actor/actress found it they were very upset but they understood because that is the way the business works. Seems the 13 week cycle kicked in and it is time to go. The story wasnít working it seems and this personís departure will go hand in hand with Camillaís exit as I am told. Since DOOL tapes 6 weeks in advance this scene has been taped and put in the can and the person is long gone. If you remember the renewal party just think of who was missing at that event and maybe you can figure out who it is. Is it a veteran or a newcomer?Ö.Itís looking more and more that it is the end of the road for Justin Gaston. No word why but I find it very interesting that anyone who knows about Jordanís secrets are slowly but surely being eliminated from the show. Chrishell Stause mentioned the story has all ready been rewritten and TPTB are looking to go in a different direction. Are they recasting the role? It sure sounds like it as Stause also said that there is actor TPTB had in mind but that is not happening anymore because they couldnít obtain him so thatís why the story has been changed. Well Ms Stause I say watch your back, seems the viewers havenít jump on your bandwagon etherÖ..Jade Harlow has completed filming her role as Lucasís love interest Sheryl. Harlow tweeted that she is not a contract player and because she is not she needs to work to pay the bills, but she did say if DOOL called her back she would come immediately because she loves the show and her fellow co-workers, her exit will be explosive and her scenes will be with Lucas and it all has to do with Kate and the reason she brought her to town.
honestly they're probably just basing it off of what was said here. That's what it sounds like to me anyway.

And oh the grammar....
Online Profile Goto Top

ShaneDOOLFan

Well she has been reliable in the past.
Online Profile Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

blueskies
Apr 13 2014, 04:51 PM
ShaneDOOLFan
Dawn at SoapTownUSA (who is pretty reliable) is reporting that Justin Gaston is out. http://soaptownusa.com/?p=6984#more-6984

DAYS OF OUR LIVES: Itís bye-bye to another character on the show and the final scenes will be sometime next month. When this actor/actress found it they were very upset but they understood because that is the way the business works. Seems the 13 week cycle kicked in and it is time to go. The story wasnít working it seems and this personís departure will go hand in hand with Camillaís exit as I am told. Since DOOL tapes 6 weeks in advance this scene has been taped and put in the can and the person is long gone. If you remember the renewal party just think of who was missing at that event and maybe you can figure out who it is. Is it a veteran or a newcomer?Ö.Itís looking more and more that it is the end of the road for Justin Gaston. No word why but I find it very interesting that anyone who knows about Jordanís secrets are slowly but surely being eliminated from the show. Chrishell Stause mentioned the story has all ready been rewritten and TPTB are looking to go in a different direction. Are they recasting the role? It sure sounds like it as Stause also said that there is actor TPTB had in mind but that is not happening anymore because they couldnít obtain him so thatís why the story has been changed. Well Ms Stause I say watch your back, seems the viewers havenít jump on your bandwagon etherÖ..Jade Harlow has completed filming her role as Lucasís love interest Sheryl. Harlow tweeted that she is not a contract player and because she is not she needs to work to pay the bills, but she did say if DOOL called her back she would come immediately because she loves the show and her fellow co-workers, her exit will be explosive and her scenes will be with Lucas and it all has to do with Kate and the reason she brought her to town.
honestly they're probably just basing it off of what was said here. That's what it sounds like to me anyway.

And oh the grammar....
And the 'tapes six weeks in advance'.
Online Profile Goto Top

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

Yea, more like 6 months in advance...

I feel for Chrishelle because she seems so much more dynamic & entertaining than her character. They have managed to dull down one very hot woman & paired her with Rafe(again good-looking, more entertaining in real life) another duller than dirt character.
Edited by daysjahvu, Apr 13 2014, 05:04 PM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

nananana7
Apr 13 2014, 04:12 PM
ShaneDOOLFan
Apr 13 2014, 03:47 PM
Does Jason or anyone know the actual tape date for this week?

Was Sweeney's tweet here, https://twitter.com/Ali_Sweeney/status/40826136717..., or for the Wilson wedding?
You posted this on another thread. I don't know the answer to your question, but here is what I replied there: The end of that tweet's URL got truncated.
Here is the full URL:
Code:

https://twitter.com/ali_sweeney/status/408261367171252225
clickable: https://twitter.com/ali_sweeney/status/408261367171252225

For those wondering: the tweet says:
Alison Sweeney Verified account @Ali_Sweeney
Rehearsing big scenes today at #Days !! Excited and nervous - everyone's put so much into this EP. Gonna be so fun
tweeted 7:47 AM - 4 Dec 2013

A tweet from December 4, based on my estimated tape dates for December 2013, should be for an episode airing within the next week or so.

Week of 12/2-12/6 # 12316-12323 (airing 4/14-4/23/14)
Week of 12/9-12/13 # 12324-12331 (airing 4/24-5/5/14) "START OF MAY SWEEEPS TAPINGS"
Week of 12/16-12/20 # 12332-12339 (airing 5/6-5/15/14) "MAY SWEEPS CONTINUED"
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Restless84
Sheryl's final scenes have already aired haven't they? Or are there more?
Her last episode aired on April 9.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Apr 13 2014, 04:53 PM
blueskies
ShaneDOOLFan

And oh the grammar....
It's quite more than 6 weeks in advance!!

And, the person who this thread deals with is leaving well before Gabi leaves in June, so their last airdate does not line up with Gabi's last airdate.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Apr 13 2014, 04:42 PM
Kaha
Apr 13 2014, 04:05 PM
spartan
Apr 13 2014, 03:57 PM
I agree that Rafe and Jordan are beyond boring as a couple. I would argue CS is one of the most beautiful people on the show, but her character sucks. She is so reserved in the role. She holds back something and it makes everything she does pretty dull and lifeless, including her love scenes with Rafe.

I still contend (bad storyline aside) GG's best chemistry that I've seen on Days was with Christie Clark. To me that was good stuff.
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I really don't think CS is that beautiful. I find her lifeless and so bland. She lacks any vitality or charisma.
WHAT? :jedi:
She's pretty in a conventional kinda way. But she's blah. I don't like her mouth. She's all teeth and mouth with a bannana face.

Again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Sorry if my personal standards of beauty offended your sensibilities.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

Jason47
Apr 13 2014, 05:27 PM
Restless84
Bummer I was hoping we'd get a goodbye scene with her and lucas
Offline Profile Goto Top

stormymac
Member Avatar

Jason47
Apr 13 2014, 05:30 PM
gailwinters
blueskies
ShaneDOOLFan

And oh the grammar....

And, the person who this thread deals with is leaving well before Gabi leaves in June, so their last airdate does not line up with Gabi's last airdate.
She also makes it sound like the person this thread is about and Justin Gaston are two different people. I'm so confused.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

stormymac
Apr 13 2014, 06:04 PM
Jason47
gailwinters
blueskies

Quoting limited to 4 levels deephttp://soaptownusa.com/?p=6984#more-6984

She also makes it sound like the person this thread is about and Justin Gaston are two different people. I'm so confused.
It's curious she's saying Ben's exit is connected to Gabi's? So far there's no indication he has any connection to Gabi.
Offline Profile Goto Top

missmeka1987_
Member Avatar

Kaha
Apr 13 2014, 04:05 PM
spartan
Apr 13 2014, 03:57 PM
I agree that Rafe and Jordan are beyond boring as a couple. I would argue CS is one of the most beautiful people on the show, but her character sucks. She is so reserved in the role. She holds back something and it makes everything she does pretty dull and lifeless, including her love scenes with Rafe.

I still contend (bad storyline aside) GG's best chemistry that I've seen on Days was with Christie Clark. To me that was good stuff.
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I really don't think CS is that beautiful. I find her lifeless and so bland. She lacks any vitality or charisma.
what? Chrishell is very pretty granted I think Arianne Zucker(Nicole) is the most beautiful women in daytime history just my bias opinion :whack: :redface: :biggrin:
Edited by missmeka1987_, Apr 13 2014, 06:23 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Restless84
Member Avatar

Jason47
Apr 13 2014, 05:27 PM
Restless84
Thanks Jason. :)
Online Profile Goto Top

stormymac
Member Avatar

Kaha
Apr 13 2014, 06:08 PM
stormymac
Apr 13 2014, 06:04 PM
Jason47
gailwinters

Quoting limited to 4 levels deephttp://soaptownusa.com/?p=6984#more-6984

It's curious she's saying Ben's exit is connected to Gabi's? So far there's no indication he has any connection to Gabi.
But that's the point, she makes it sound like it's two different exits. She asks at the end of the "blind item" if the person leaving is a veteran or a newcomer, she wouldn't ask that and then say it's JG in the next item if they were one and the same.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

nananana7
Apr 13 2014, 03:38 PM
I'm going to *guess* -- with absolutely no basis for my guess. Just guessing.

My guess: Perhaps, whenever Jordan's story was rewritten, they decided not to make Ben a love interest for Abby after all? That would explain JG out as Ben.

My guess: RSW is a recast Chad.
I really don't want this to be true, but it's what I guess.

I was thinking the same thing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

It sounds to me like they decided to scrap JG and/or the character of Ben after they were unable to obtain Charlotte Ross. If I remember correctly she was on The Heights and had experience as a singer/musician.
Offline Profile Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

MissLola
Apr 13 2014, 06:37 PM
It sounds to me like they decided to scrap JG and/or the character of Ben after they were unable to obtain Charlotte Ross. If I remember correctly she was on The Heights and had experience as a singer/musician.
But KDP (the Eve recast) is an experienced singer/musician too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

A wild guess: perhaps once AS made her leaving official, they decided to end the Abby/Ben storyline in order to bring back Chad. The drama and conflict is there for the taking due to EJabby. Although, I'm still not thrilled at the prospect of Ken Doll RSW. His "acting" is so cheesy.
Edited by badaddiction, Apr 13 2014, 06:52 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic