Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PP files for bankruptcy
Topic Started: Mar 10 2014, 11:56 PM (5,106 Views)
Bremol
Member Avatar

Article about PP filing for bankruptcy
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Not surprising. It's absolutely pitiful though.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Im so tired of their asinine "Mega soap " theory. ABC always did crossovers with their soap characters. And blaming the use of the OLTL characters on GH as "damaging "is absurd.

Bremol
Member Avatar

I read on another site, that they owe Erika Slezak $205,000 and other members of the entertainment industry are also owed unspecified amounts. Seems to me, the bankruptcy is not only because of their litigation costs, but also to keep their asses from being sued by those they owe money to that are backed by unions.

And I'm with you, Grandpa...I'm sick to death of the 'mega soap' conspiracy theory. PP bit of more than they could chew and were drowning from the beginning and didn't want to admit it so they decided to sue ABC to get some money thinking that ABC would just settle...except it didn't work that way.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Best news ever :cheer: :rockon: :cheers: :applause:
After taking two years to get both shows back in production, then changed their viewing times on Hulu from five days down to two days and horrible writing for both shows, PP got in over their heads.
Edited by natdot99, Mar 12 2014, 12:13 AM.

Mason
Member Avatar

Apparently, ABC is counter suing against PP for (shock) not paying the license fees for AMC/OLTL.

I don't believe for a moment that it would lead to either show returning in any format, but I'd like to see the rights of both shows restored fully to ABC so that there might at least be a chance of seeing characters from both shows popping up on GH in the future a la Delia.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Mason
Mar 12 2014, 07:35 PM
Apparently, ABC is counter suing against PP for (shock) not paying the license fees for AMC/OLTL.

I don't believe for a moment that it would lead to either show returning in any format, but I'd like to see the rights of both shows restored fully to ABC so that there might at least be a chance of seeing characters from both shows popping up on GH in the future a la Delia.

Delia was from the cancelled soap Ryan Hope. Roxy was the character from OLTL, they were both played by the same actress.

Mason
Member Avatar

natdot99
Mar 12 2014, 07:42 PM
Mason

Delia was from the cancelled soap Ryan Hope. Roxy was the character from OLTL, they were both played by the same actress.
I'm aware of the difference in characters. I wasn't implying that they were the same. Nowhere in my previous post did I even mention Roxy.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Mason
Mar 12 2014, 08:05 PM
natdot99
Mason

I'm aware of the difference in characters. I wasn't implying that they were the same. Nowhere in my previous post did I even mention Roxy.

They borrowed a character Delia from a cancelled soap, but GH is banned from using any character from OLTL. That the message i got from your post.

Tammy
Member Avatar

natdot99
Mar 12 2014, 08:21 PM
Mason
natdot99
Mason

They borrowed a character Delia from a cancelled soap, but GH is banned from using any character from OLTL. That the message i got from your post.
I believe Mason meant the actress that PLAYS Delia. Just meaning that the characters (and their actors/actresses) could pop up on GH.

The whole thing is stupid. PP is basically saying, "We tried to play the hero to the AMC/OLTL fans, but we sucked at it so ABC should foot the bill! "

Mason
Member Avatar

natdot99
Mason
natdot99
Mason

Delia was from the cancelled soap Ryan Hope. Roxy was the character from OLTL, they ere both played by the same actress.

Oh, sorry. But that was exactly my point. The OLTL crossovers were called off because of the legal dispute with PP, which, theoretically, if resolved in ABC's favor, could allow them to use characters from OLTL/AMC again similar to the way they've used Delia. That's all I was saying. I understand why they're not *currently* doing that.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Mason
Mar 12 2014, 08:41 PM
natdot99
Mason
natdot99

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Oh, sorry. But that was exactly my point. The OLTL crossovers were called off because of the legal dispute with PP, which, theoretically, if resolved in ABC's favor, could allow them to use characters from OLTL/AMC again similar to the way they've used Delia. That's all I was saying. I understand why they're not *currently* doing that.

That would mean ABC would have to rebuy the rights back from PP in regards to both shows. I knew PP was doomed considering that they took too long to reboot both show. Two years is a long time to leave the actors and supporting staff in limbo in PP trying to get their act together.

Tammy
Member Avatar

natdot99
Mar 12 2014, 09:25 PM
Mason
natdot99
Mason

That would mean ABC would have to rebuy the rights back from PP in regards to both shows. I knew PP was doomed considering that they took too long to reboot both show. Two years is a long time to leave the actors and supporting staff in limbo in PP trying to get their act together.
I thought the rights reverted back to ABC if PP didn't make anymore shows?

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Tammy
Mar 15 2014, 07:38 PM
natdot99
Mason
natdot99

They do. The chocolate bar is wrong.

As with all standard licencing agreements, the rights revert to the owner (ABC, always has been) if the licensee doesn't produce any content for a period of time specified in the contract. Prospect Park received an extension on this period when they decided to start production again after the "Mega soap" revived interest in the overall genre with the mainstream media.
Edited by Drew, Mar 16 2014, 02:42 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Grandpa Hughes
Mar 11 2014, 05:06 PM
Im so tired of their asinine "Mega soap " theory. ABC always did crossovers with their soap characters. And blaming the use of the OLTL characters on GH as "damaging "is absurd.
Especially when they already had an arguably more popular Todd in Trevor St John, a better daughter (and actress) in Danielle, and they probably couldn't have afforded an on set baby.

Bremol
Member Avatar

Drew
Mar 16 2014, 02:37 PM
Tammy
Mar 15 2014, 07:38 PM
natdot99
Mason

They do. The chocolate bar is wrong.

As with all standard licencing agreements, the rights revert to the owner (ABC, always has been) if the licensee doesn't produce any content for a period of time specified in the contract. Prospect Park received an extension on this period when they decided to start production again after the "Mega soap" revived interest in the overall genre with the mainstream media.
Thanks, Drew. I was almost sure that ABC still owned the rights, but I wasn't positive, so I didn't say anything.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

LOL - Omg bankruptcy....the total unraveling of this company has been just incredible...its a car crash...I can't look away.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

The ultimate losers in this PP mess is us, the soap fans. Now, not only are we not going to have AMC/OLTL continue, but any chance of any character from those shows showing up on GH is shot to hell. And to rub salt in the wound, the OLTL characters of Todd, Starr and McBain integrated 1,000 times better into the GH canvas than Franco, Kiki, and Silas. GH went downhill when all three actors were recast. So fans of all three shows basically got shafted, courtesy of the Prospect Park clusterfuck of them biting off way more than they could chew.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Any news on this nonsense lately?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply