Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sean Kanan out at GH
Topic Started: Mar 17 2014, 10:18 AM (2,456 Views)
thepadange

Michael Logan ‏@TVGMLogan 28m
EXCLUSIVE Another Q bites the dust! @seankanan OUT at #GH IN at #BoldandBeautiful http://www.tvguide.com/News/Sean-Kanan-General-Hospital-Bold-Beautiful-1079409.aspx Ö @GeneralHospital @CBSDaytime
https://twitter.com/TVGMLogan/status/445572264465924098

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Sean-Kanan-General-Hospital-Bold-Beautiful-1079409.aspx
Edited by thepadange, Mar 17 2014, 10:19 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

Totally understandable. They did nothing with the character.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
Brady & his Fancy Face

I will miss him terribly as AJ, and his scenes with Michael. Thankfully he's already got a contract with B&B, so I'll definitely watch his return episode in june.

I just hope that he tells Michael who shot him..

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I totally can understand being frustrated about the stupid relish story,LAME.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Mar 17 2014, 11:02 AM.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
Brady & his Fancy Face

please someone enlighten me. I don't remember seeing the relish SL... :)

Tammy
Member Avatar

Well I guess that means Ava won't be outed at Connie's killer and Sonny won't get outed for shooting AJ.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

This just plain sucks. Especially when you consider all the good dramatic story potential AJ's return on canvas could yield. And Chad Duell and Sean Kanan played so well off each other. Now my fingers are crossed for the truth about who shot him to come out so there can be some serious distance between Michael and Sonny. That said I sympathize with Kanan's frustrations with the writing.
Edited by JarlenaLante, Mar 17 2014, 11:23 AM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I'm behind on GH eps but I figured this was coming. I enjoyed him while he was on even if his storylines sucked the big one. I hope they don't kill off AJ again.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

The really messed up. Once again the Qs get the short end of the stick while ppl like Britch get front burner story. There goes my hopes of any AJ/Carly pairing...

natdot99
Member Avatar

The relish storyline was about Tracy/AJ fighting control of ELQ. The relish was poisoned by Franco and the Chew hosts started :puke: :puke: during the live show. After its was revealed that Franco/Kiki were not real Qs, AJ lost control of ELQ to Tracy.

Considering that the writers have written AJ a life long alcoholic and Sonny punching bag, i really don't blame the actor.

His character getting shot was only the continuation of anointing St. Sonny as the man who will always get away with his crimes.

Agent.99
Member Avatar

I think this is the straw that's going to have me taking GH off my DVR record list.

Kaha
Member Avatar

This is really disappointing. AJ is one of my favorite characters and AJ and Michael worked so well together as father and son. It just sucks how the show squandered SKís potential. He had a great chemistry with many people and they couldíve done so much with him. I donít get why the writers have sidelined the Qs.

I guess this just means more Sonny. And once again, he won't pay for his crimes. UGH!

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

Agent.99
Mar 17 2014, 12:45 PM
I think this is the straw that's going to have me taking GH off my DVR record list.
I agree, I was really only watching GH for the relationship between Michael and AJ. With that over I'm gone.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

He'll probably be axed in 6 months there too.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dreamy
Member Avatar

When I was watching GH, the writers really wasted SK's talents & did nothing with him. I really liked AJ/Liz pairing, but GH never really went further with it which was sad. I really liked Michael/AJ interactions too and wished there were more.

happy
Member Avatar

I totally agree with SK. Ron wasted him. AJ should have been paired with Carly. Ron never wrote him as a sexy lead - just a loser.

And I'm also really annoyed that Ron is bath mouthing SK on twitter. Talk about classless. Look in the mirror, much, Ron?

nananana7

Billy Warlock tweeted his support for Sean Kanan, and his frustration about how the character of AJ is written.

I posted the details on the twitter thread here:
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8817766/2/#post9100537
Edited by nananana7, Mar 17 2014, 02:19 PM.

Agent.99
Member Avatar

nananana7
Mar 17 2014, 02:08 PM
Billy Warlock tweeted his support for Sean Kanan, and his frustration about how the character of AJ is written.

(And then added a second tweet clarifying that his intention is *not* trying to lobby to be cast himself. --
-- that the first tweet was just a support for Sean and a critique of how the character of AJ has been written)

[for those who don't know, actor Billy Warlock also portrayed AJ for a time, long ago.]

Billy Warlock ‏@BillyWarlock
Tweeted 8:52 AM - 17 Mar 2014
"I must say if it's true about SK I am truly bummed . Not just for him but for AJ as well. SK was a great AJ! Go B&B."
https://twitter.com/BillyWarlock/status/445588496846036992

Billy Warlock ‏@BillyWarlock
Tweeted 8:56 AM - 17 Mar 2014
"Believe when I say I'm not lobbying . It's just how I feel . That character has never been given a fair shake."
https://twitter.com/BillyWarlock/status/445589556834742273
I never liked Warlock as AJ, but good for him coming forward.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

RC is getting blasted for that tweet. I haven't seen any support for it yet.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

happy
Mar 17 2014, 02:04 PM
And I'm also really annoyed that Ron is bath mouthing SK on twitter. Talk about classless. Look in the mirror, much, Ron?
I've come to the conclusion that RC is an egotistical asshole. He acts like a complete prick on Twitter 98% of the time. This is just another shitty decision by genius RC and another wasted legacy character that he's thrown aside. SK is right, the writing for AJ was horrid, especially the last few months. I liked where they were taking AJ at first with him fighting for ELQ and developing a relationship with Michael, then all of the sudden AJ is a complete mess whose drinking and screwing up right and left. Screw RC, he doesn't care about GH, he only cares about his useless pets. Just look at how he trashes characters like Robin, AJ and even Frisco while he bends over backwards for the god-awful Franco character. :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply