Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sean Kanan out at GH
Topic Started: Mar 17 2014, 10:18 AM (2,594 Views)
JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Agent.99
Mar 17 2014, 02:19 PM
nananana7
Mar 17 2014, 02:08 PM
Billy Warlock tweeted his support for Sean Kanan, and his frustration about how the character of AJ is written.

(And then added a second tweet clarifying that his intention is *not* trying to lobby to be cast himself. --
-- that the first tweet was just a support for Sean and a critique of how the character of AJ has been written)

[for those who don't know, actor Billy Warlock also portrayed AJ for a time, long ago.]

Billy Warlock ‏@BillyWarlock
Tweeted 8:52 AM - 17 Mar 2014
"I must say if it's true about SK I am truly bummed . Not just for him but for AJ as well. SK was a great AJ! Go B&B."
https://twitter.com/BillyWarlock/status/445588496846036992

Tweeted 8:56 AM - 17 Mar 2014
"Believe when I say I'm not lobbying . It's just how I feel . That character has never been given a fair shake."
https://twitter.com/BillyWarlock/status/445589556834742273
I never liked Warlock as AJ, but good for him coming forward.
Good for Billy Warlock! He's absolutely right.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

Ron Carlivati never met a valid criticism he didn't dismiss. He has incredibly thin skin. AFAIC, at least half of the success of the reboot was on the back of AJ's potential as a character and SK's charm. Good for him for landing on his feet.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

happy
Member Avatar

I HATE Ron Carlivati! My disdain burns stronger than a thousand suns.

I truly think the ratings have increased because of Frank and the return of all the vets. And DESPITE Ron's HORRIBLE pacing, bloated cast, and ADHD story telling. Fire Ron and see what Frank can do with an ADULT head writer. I am so angry.

First Jack Wagner tells the truth about Ron. And now SK. Good for them!!
Edited by happy, Mar 17 2014, 05:22 PM.

Tash
Member Avatar

SK worked so well with Jane Elliot, Leslie Charleston, Chad Duell (who looks like he could be AJ's son), Rebecca Herbst and Laura Wright. I don't want him to be killed. I will miss him and I will watch him as Deacon on B&B.

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

happy
Mar 17 2014, 05:22 PM

I truly think the ratings have increased because of Frank and the return of all the vets. And DESPITE Ron's HORRIBLE pacing, bloated cast, and ADHD story telling. Fire Ron and see what Frank can do with an ADULT head writer. I am so angry.

I do give RC his due... there are some things about his writing that are huge improvements over Guza and have put the show in a better place, and Valentini should be doing a better job reigning in some of his impulses. But RC is like anyone who climbs a few stairs and thinks he's at the top already. I blame the ass-kissers in the soap press, too, who have convinced him that he's the second coming of Douglas Marland.

CJ127

natdot99
Mar 17 2014, 11:46 AM
The relish storyline was about Tracy/AJ fighting control of ELQ. The relish was poisoned by Franco and the Chew hosts started :puke: :puke: during the live show. After its was revealed that Franco/Kiki were not real Qs, AJ lost control of ELQ to Tracy.

Considering that the writers have written AJ a life long alcoholic and Sonny punching bag, i really don't blame the actor.

His character getting shot was only the continuation of anointing St. Sonny as the man who will always get away with his crimes.
OMG the anointing of Saint Sonny is so true. I am so sick of Sonny and they way they treated AJ's character. So PISSED at TIIC for wasting a legacy character and propping Franco. They could have paired AJ with Carly they were great together but no they waste it on Cranco. I don't blame SK for leaving. I think RC's twitter comments were childish, immature and classless. If RC can't take criticism he should leave Hollywood. That is part of the job and that nice pay check you receive.

First we lose Tristen Rodgers to another soap and now SK. They keep bringing in vets to boost the ratings and force feed us all the crappy newbies. I know newbies are need but so are the vets, there needs to be balance between the. Eats and newbies. Gh is an Epic failure in my opinion. Ric is the only reason I am watching right now. If they throw him under the bus for more anointing of Saint Sonny I am done with this show.

CJ127

JDeveraux_91
Mar 17 2014, 03:02 PM
happy
Mar 17 2014, 02:04 PM
And I'm also really annoyed that Ron is bath mouthing SK on twitter. Talk about classless. Look in the mirror, much, Ron?
I've come to the conclusion that RC is an egotistical asshole. He acts like a complete prick on Twitter 98% of the time. This is just another shitty decision by genius RC and another wasted legacy character that he's thrown aside. SK is right, the writing for AJ was horrid, especially the last few months. I liked where they were taking AJ at first with him fighting for ELQ and developing a relationship with Michael, then all of the sudden AJ is a complete mess whose drinking and screwing up right and left. Screw RC, he doesn't care about GH, he only cares about his useless pets. Just look at how he trashes characters like Robin, AJ and even Frisco while he bends over backwards for the god-awful Franco character. :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:
Perfect post. Thank you

Nate
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Mar 17 2014, 05:35 PM
happy

I do give RC his due... there are some things about his writing that are huge improvements over Guza and have put the show in a better place, and Valentini should be doing a better job reigning in some of his impulses. But RC is like anyone who climbs a few stairs and thinks he's at the top already. I blame the ass-kissers in the soap press, too, who have convinced him that he's the second coming of Douglas Marland.
I agree with your post expect for the Guza part. He was never this bad. The show is shit.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

granolagirl
I blame the ass-kissers in the soap press, too, who have convinced him that he's the second coming of Douglas Marland.
This.

When Ron Carlivati is good, he's phenomenal. When he's bad, he's atrocious. He doesn't really have an in between. But because everyone else writing daytime lately generally is atrocious 24/7 and he's not he gets all this smoke blown up his ass.

I haven't watched GH under him. It's never been my show. I've caught some episodes and they're definitely better than the random episodes I'd catch under the Phelps/Guza reign and he deserves credit for seemingly refocusing the show on its star characters. But I see him doing the same thing he did to OLTL, bogging it down with uninteresting random characters and making them related to even randomer randoms from decades past. (For the record, I loved - mostly - his OLTL, and miss it to this day).

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Agent.99
Mar 17 2014, 02:19 PM
nananana7
Mar 17 2014, 02:08 PM
Billy Warlock tweeted his support for Sean Kanan, and his frustration about how the character of AJ is written.

(And then added a second tweet clarifying that his intention is *not* trying to lobby to be cast himself. --
-- that the first tweet was just a support for Sean and a critique of how the character of AJ has been written)

[for those who don't know, actor Billy Warlock also portrayed AJ for a time, long ago.]

Tweeted 8:52 AM - 17 Mar 2014
"I must say if it's true about SK I am truly bummed . Not just for him but for AJ as well. SK was a great AJ! Go B&B."
https://twitter.com/BillyWarlock/status/445588496846036992

Tweeted 8:56 AM - 17 Mar 2014
"Believe when I say I'm not lobbying . It's just how I feel . That character has never been given a fair shake."
https://twitter.com/BillyWarlock/status/445589556834742273
I never liked Warlock as AJ, but good for him coming forward.
Kudos to BW. I loved both of their AJs. GH has never done right by the character. Ever. RC, untalented hack that he is, just continued Guza the Luza's character destruction.
Edited by Reese, Mar 17 2014, 10:54 PM.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

granolagirl
happy

So true about the soap press pandering to his ginormous ego. RC isn't fit to wipe off the gum stuck under Doug Marland's shoes much less step into them.

monicasblueangel
Member Avatar

This makes me so mad.
SK deserves so much better
then this and I am sick of
soaps treating vets like crap.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Vet? Eeeh.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

They should've just let AJ be Connie's killer. How horrible, that Sean Kanan and AJ get ruined yet again, and I'm afraid, Monica will lose her last and 4th child to death. If they knew Kanan was leaving GH should've kept AJ Connie's killer and sent him to prison alive, that way he could be brought back instead of tying a murder on one of the best new characters on GH in ages, Ava Jerome and the talented Maura West. I guesss GH will axe Maura next or the equally talented William deVry(Julian)

MissLola
Member Avatar

I liked Aj's potential with Carly,Liz or even Ava. His growing bond with Michael was well done. The Connie murder story could have been good but they completely dropped the ball. RC did not seem to want to write anything for him except a bunch of fat jokes and campy stories about relish. Good luck to SK. I don't usually watch B&B, but maybe it will work out better.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Well I'm not surprised......Brought him back to make AJ a drunk ass loser. AGAIN :rolleyes:
Edited by EJ_SamiFF, Mar 19 2014, 07:20 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I really have been ffwd the majority of the show the last couple of months....When SK returned as AJ, I was delighted, then I wanted him and Carly, then him and Liz...I was fine with either pairing but the show took a turn and back burned him and that was a sign of things to come...unfortunately I was hanging on for Robin's return...and now she's gone and so is AJ...I really am not feeling the show of late. It's boring.....too bad they didn't tap the potential AJ/Carly pairing and all it could be....and wasted AJ and Elizabeth....clearly....they never wanted to go there with them.....I am not liking Niz and I never will.....I am really not feeling any part of the show of late and RC and his comments are really pissing me off. AN actor can express disappointment over his character and what he feels was a wasted opportunity. That isn't classless, it's actually very common. WTF is up with RC? Dude...get off your high horse...the show is only doing better now because it was so fucked up before...what goes up must also come down....so don't count your chicken's before they hatch.

Connor Murphy
Member Avatar

I am mad about this. I really like SK/Aj's. :soapbox:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply