Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, March 20th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 20 2014, 12:27 AM (11,239 Views)
Kaha
Member Avatar

Eric and Nicole were both so unlikable today. Does he have to be sanctimonious and judgy. He could've just told her nicely that he wants to wait. And Nicole didn't need to make a spectacle of herself at the party.

There was a moment when I forget about how much I dislike Jennifer. I liked the scene with her, Hope and Aiden. Then Dan showed up and the scene was ruined.

And I continue to not get Theresa's motives. Why was is it important to her that they have sex in the ugly couch? As for Maggie, does she not know Theresa's parents? Why does she think she's a gold digger? I mean, the audience knows, but if Maggie knew Theresa's background, shouldn't she think she's just Kim and Shane's screw up daughter, and not treat her like someone who has designs on Brady's money.

The way all of Theresa's sexual trysts are always intrupted, I wouldn't be surprised if she was actually a virgin.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

happyphairy
Member Avatar

Kaha
Mar 20 2014, 07:08 PM
happyphairy
Mar 20 2014, 05:55 PM
concerned
Mar 20 2014, 04:48 PM
Mitchapalooza
Mar 20 2014, 04:44 PM
I also HATE the idea that they are just putting Maxine & Abe together because they are the only black characters on the show....that is LAZY AS FUCK!
This I agree with.

Lazy..

If they need more people of colour on the show (which they do)

BRANDON WALKER

brandon walker is not really black tho :shrug:
I have a white mother and an African father, and I really get annoyed when people tell me I am not black.
i thought matt cedano was latino

camera shy

happyphairy
Mar 20 2014, 07:28 PM
Kaha
happyphairy
concerned

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I have a white mother and an African father, and I really get annoyed when people tell me I am not black.
He is, he's part Afro-Cuban.

Keith
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 20 2014, 06:16 PM
Keith
Mar 20 2014, 06:13 PM
lysie
Mar 20 2014, 05:47 PM
Rosebud
Mar 20 2014, 05:44 PM
They really have to get rid of Brady. Yesterday he was whining about John not being around most of his childhood. WHA???? When did that happen? John's been in Salem since 1986! And today he's bonking his former cousin on his granddaddy's sofa. I could maybe understand it if he was actually played by a 22 year old, but they cast a 42 year old. Move it along, de-soras him, or get rid of him. But I'm sure I have more good stuff to look forward to, like Kristen coming back and saving him from self destruction :puke:
I don't think anything has made sense about Brady/John's relationship since even MarDar. It's like they just wrote a completely different backstory for them that's the opposite of what actually happened.
I thought it was interesting that Brady had developed more of a relationship with Victor as an adult. But I always wanted to see them go back to the John and Marlena relationship, too. They were both so supportive of him and Madison. I was ripshit when he claimed John wasn't around in any way during his childhood. If John's hero days are what Tomsell were trying to reference, every child of an 80s character can make that claim. And Shawn certainly never made that claim of Bo. But then Tomsell never wrote him.
Yeah, but even then John didn't miss much time in Salem. I don't mind the relationship with Victor to a point, but there was a time, even before they brought John back, that they were basically implying that Victor raised him. Uh, no. Dude was in a nursing home most of Brady's childhood. It's so irritating. It's irritating with characters who weren't on screen, but we actually saw this stuff play out. Brady was only offscreen between being little and being SORASed for a year, and then wasn't offscreen again until 2005...so he's been offscreen a total of 4 years, and most of those were as an adult. What he claims about John just flat out did not happen.
Of course it didn't happen. I was like excuuuuuuuuuuuse me, Brady, did Kristen plant some false memories in you while you were in bed?

Kaha
Member Avatar

happyphairy
Kaha
happyphairy
concerned

I am not judging. I am just saying that black comes in different shades, like white.

The actor could be an Afro-Latin American.

happyphairy
Member Avatar

camera shy
Mar 20 2014, 07:33 PM
happyphairy
Kaha
happyphairy

He is, he's part Afro-Cuban.
good to know - sorry i missed the whole brandon storyline, so ive only seen his pictures :D

happyphairy
Member Avatar

Kaha
Mar 20 2014, 07:35 PM
happyphairy
Kaha
happyphairy

I am not judging. I am just saying that black comes in different shades, like white.

The actor could be an Afro-Latin American.
no worries, im black too so i know ;)

Renaissance Girl

Kaha
Mar 20 2014, 07:27 PM
Eric and Nicole were both so unlikable today. Does he have to be sanctimonious and judgy. He could've just told her nicely that he wants to wait. And Nicole didn't need to make a spectacle of herself at the party.

There was a moment when I forget about how much I dislike Jennifer. I liked the scene with her, Hope and Aiden. Then Dan showed up and the scene was ruined.

And I continue to not get Theresa's motives. Why was is it important to her that they have sex in the ugly couch? As for Maggie, does she not know Theresa's parents? Why does she think she's a gold digger? I mean, the audience knows, but if Maggie knew Theresa's background, shouldn't she think she's just Kim and Shane's screw up daughter, and not treat her like someone who has designs on Brady's money.

The way all of Theresa's sexual trysts are always intrupted, I wouldn't be surprised if she was actually a virgin.
A) Because I guess she's the adventurous and wild type?

B) I think Maggie is having serious suspicions that Theresa is a gold digger by the way she is hanging around Brady and the company he's been keeping recently. I think she's pretty aware of his horrible history with women and she doesn't want anything bad happening to Brady.

C) Speaking of Theresa's motives, there's a line that she said that really made me pause. When Brady and Theresa were sitting together the other day, Brady asked her if she was with him for his money and Theresa said that she wasn't really for his money but she liked him because he was a nice, fun and exciting person that actually treated her decently. Brady then replied that she must be for his body then. It really makes me wonder if Theresa might actually have other motives other than money and sex.

concerned
Member Avatar

happyphairy
concerned
Mitchapalooza
I also HATE the idea that they are just putting Maxine & Abe together because they are the only black characters on the show....that is LAZY AS FUCK!
This I agree with.

Lazy..

BRANDON WALKER

He's as black as Lexie was.

happyphairy
Member Avatar

concerned
Mar 20 2014, 08:05 PM
happyphairy
concerned
Mitchapalooza
This I agree with.

Lazy..

BRANDON WALKER

He's as black as Lexie was.
the issue has been resolved :)

Kaha
Member Avatar

Renaissance Girl
Mar 20 2014, 07:50 PM
Kaha
Mar 20 2014, 07:27 PM

A) Because I guess she's the adventurous and wild type?

B) I think Maggie is having serious suspicions that Theresa is a gold digger by the way she is hanging around Brady and the company he's been keeping recently. I think she's pretty aware of his horrible history with women and she doesn't want anything bad happening to Brady.

C) Speaking of Theresa's motives, there's a line that she said that really made me pause. When Brady and Theresa were sitting together the other day, Brady asked her if she was with him for his money and Theresa said that she wasn't really for his money but she liked him because he was a nice, fun and exciting person that actually treated her decently. Brady then replied that she must be for his body then. It really makes me wonder if Theresa might actually have other motives other than money and sex.
Just because you hang out with a dumb rich guy doesn't mean you're a gold digger. Maggie has a valid point about Brady and Theresa being bad for each other. They're both addicts who are not dealing with their addiction. The gold digger thing is just Maggie being her usual judgemental self.

I honestly don't think Theresa is a gold digger. She was interested in scoring drugs and hanging out with people who provided her with drugs (JJ and Vargas) neither is rich. If she was interested in a rich man, she would've immediately set her sights on Brady or other rich guys. She didn't seek out Brady, they were just thrown together. Brady was still rich and available when Theresa was obsessing over her inexplicable vendetta against Jennifer.

I don't even know why I am trying to make sense of Theresa. Nothing about her character makes the slightest sense.

phloe3

Quote:

Just because you hang out with a dumb rich guy doesn't mean you're a gold digger. Maggie has a valid point about Brady and Theresa being bad for each other. They're both addicts who are not dealing with their addiction. The gold digger thing is just Maggie being her usual judgemental self.

She was trying to get his wallet

Quote:

I honestly don't think Theresa is a gold digger. She was interested in scoring drugs and hanging out with people who provided her with drugs (JJ and Vargas) neither is rich. If she was interested in a rich man, she would've immediately set her sights on Brady or other rich guys. She didn't seek out Brady, they were just thrown together. Brady was still rich and available when Theresa was obsessing over her inexplicable vendetta against Jennifer.

so true. The writers forgot Teresa is not always a user. She even gave JJ money when he didn't want to live with Jennifer. It might have been Vargas, but it was money that she could have had. She even trusted him with her money one time to get her drugs. So true she could have went after Brady back in November after Kristin left

Quote:

I don't even know why I am trying to make sense of Theresa. Nothing about her character makes the slightest sense.

word. Today, she sounded like she is done with Jennifer

ArnoldFinnegan
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Mar 20 2014, 05:23 PM
BAH! I'm so glad you caught this moment. I thought I saw something weird going on but was too lazy to rewind. Thank you :)

Kaha
Member Avatar

phloe3
Mar 20 2014, 08:34 PM
Quote:

Quote:

so true. The writers forgot Teresa is not always a user. She even gave JJ money when he didn't want to live with Jennifer. It might have been Vargas, but it was money that she could have had. She even trusted him with her money one time to get her drugs. So true she could have went after Brady back in November after Kristin left

Quote:

The wallet thing is more about her being a petty druggie thief than a gold digger. Also, if I remember the scene correctly, she just admired his gold credit card and then she lamented her lack of funds.

phloe3

thanks

Kaha
Member Avatar

ArnoldFinnegan
Mar 20 2014, 08:38 PM
Supergirlx2
Mar 20 2014, 05:23 PM
BAH! I'm so glad you caught this moment. I thought I saw something weird going on but was too lazy to rewind. Thank you :)
Does that little kid know how to speak? At the rate he's going, baby Ari will have a dialogue before he does.

Also, when did Parker fall in love with Abby? Jen and Dan were on the outs for a long time for Parker to be around Abby. Besides, Parker is out of town most of the time.
Edited by Kaha, Mar 20 2014, 08:45 PM.

phloe3

I have heard Parker speak

Renaissance Girl

Kaha
Mar 20 2014, 08:39 PM
phloe3
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The wallet thing is more about her being a petty druggie thief than a gold digger. Also, if I remember the scene correctly, she just admired his gold credit card and then she lamented her lack of funds.
Speaking of addiction, why in the world is Theresa addicted? What is her reason for being addicted? My understanding is Brady got back into drugs due to his failed relationship with Kristen. And also he seems to have serious issues with his father right now. As for Theresa, who in the world knows.

I wonder if Theresa probably got involved in prostitution or some other shady operation like her older sister and she somehow escaped. Or maybe she's somehow afraid of her parents for whatever reason. What is her relationship with her parents exactly? Does she even have a good one with her parents? Maybe they've tried everything to help her and they just gave up because she's a hopeless cause and they're probably going to get a phone call saying she died.

Also, what was Theresa's job in Human Resources exactly? What did her job description entail? Did she get the job because of her aunt Kayla?
Edited by Renaissance Girl, Mar 20 2014, 08:54 PM.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Lori
Mar 20 2014, 12:18 PM
If he wants to wait for marriage to have intercourse can't he do everything but?
I wonder if he is having problems with dealing with his ordeal with Kristen. Maybe he is reluctant because of that but using his religious beliefs as a cover.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

Renaissance Girl
Mar 20 2014, 08:52 PM
Kaha
Mar 20 2014, 08:39 PM
phloe3
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Speaking of addiction, why in the world is Theresa addicted? What is her reason for being addicted? My understanding is Brady got back into drugs due to his failed relationship with Kristen. And also he seems to have serious issues with his father right now. As for Theresa, who in the world knows.

I wonder if Theresa probably got involved in prostitution or some other shady operation like her older sister and she somehow escaped. Or maybe she's somehow afraid of her parents for whatever reason. What is her relationship with her parents exactly? Does she even have a good one with her parents? Maybe they've tried everything to help her and they just gave up because she's a hopeless cause and they're probably going to get a phone call saying she died.

Also, what was Theresa's job in Human Resources exactly? What did her job description entail? Did she get the job because of her aunt Kayla?
Theresa's motives, her relationship with her parents and why she's so scared about returning to LA are all a mystery. Personally, I think her family is shitty and doesn't care much about her (except Eric and Caroline).

She got her first job (working with Jennifer) through her aunt. When Jennifer fired her because she tried to embezzle money from the hospital, Anne hired her for the sole purpose of making Jennifer's life hell. Totally plausible. :eyeroll:

As for her addiction, people develop addiction because of biological factors, psychological factors, or social factors. Maybe Theresa was hanging around with the wrong crowd. We don't know much about her. Maybe, Eve will shed some light to this character.
Edited by Kaha, Mar 20 2014, 09:17 PM.

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply