Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, March 21st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 20 2014, 11:49 PM (8,983 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

ideal_rain
Mar 21 2014, 07:49 PM
Can someone explain 'Fetch'? I'm on the Dannifer hate bandwagon but never got the reference. The only person I like in scenes with Daniel is JJ. Hey could the show acknowledge some of Daniel's stalkerish behavior?
Fetch is a term from the movie "Mean Girls". Essentially it just means Days is trying extremely hard to make Dannifer catch on but it won't because it sucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pubd-spHN-0
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

What did Nick say exactly that gave EJ a clue? All he said was that he thinks he's smarter than EJ and that he'll hurt Sami if EJ did anything to him. Not sure what's so revealing about that.
Edited by Kaha, Mar 21 2014, 08:57 PM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

So I've been super busy and haven't had all that much time to read through yesterday and today's thread as much as I often do, so I truly apologize if this has been discussed already, but I wanted to ask if it's likely Aiden is an recovering alcoholic? It would explain his judgmental reaction to Brady (though I think wasn't that out of line) and than his insisting on having a diet soda.

So sorry if this has been obvious to others, I just got to rewatching the Haiden stuff tonight.

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

Tripp
Mar 21 2014, 09:36 PM
So I've been super busy and haven't had all that much time to read through yesterday and today's thread as much as I often do, so I truly apologize if this has been discussed already, but I wanted to ask if it's likely Aiden is an recovering alcoholic? It would explain his judgmental reaction to Brady (though I think wasn't that out of line) and than his insisting on having a diet soda.

So sorry if this has been obvious to others, I just got to rewatching the Haiden stuff tonight.
I don't know. Supergirlx2 speculated that maybe his wife died in a car crash caused by a drunk driver. I'm leaning towards that as well. Maybe his wife was the drunk driver and Chase was in the car with her? That would explain why alcohol is a sore subject with him.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Deverauxfan
Mar 21 2014, 10:13 PM
Tripp

I don't know. Supergirlx2 speculated that maybe his wife died in a car crash caused by a drunk driver. I'm leaning towards that as well. Maybe his wife was the drunk driver and Chase was in the car with her? That would explain why alcohol is a sore subject with him.
Oh that's a good idea too. Though I think if that's the case he might have taken Brady far worse than he did. Has it been established when his wife has died? I was wondering if he and Chase came to Salem recently (like this school year).

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

Tripp
Mar 21 2014, 10:21 PM
Deverauxfan
Tripp

Oh that's a good idea too. Though I think if that's the case he might have taken Brady far worse than he did. Has it been established when his wife has died? I was wondering if he and Chase came to Salem recently (like this school year).
Yes, Aiden told Hope and Fr. Luis that his wife died.

Ophelia
Member Avatar

Okay, I did not care for how quickly things went Fetchward and they're absolutely nauseating, but I enjoyed a lot of this episode with help from my ffwd button.

* Kate looked fierce. I only face-palmed a little when I saw her magenta/maroon bra straps peeking through the top. Sweetie, no. She still looked fabulous.

* Haiden continued their dance. Methinks Aiden protests a little too much. He seems to be doing the grown-up equivalent of pulling her pigtails.

* Shut up, Maxine.

* By the way, Dannifer, your guests didn't ruin your party. You did. "Dinner party" sounds fancy. "Dinner party" does not sound like "you bring the expensive wine and we'll provide some cold nasty pizza." There was no music in the background. Few of the people regularly socialized with each other and none of them are "life of the party" people -- except Nicole and she was busy fighting with Eric.

* I'm glad Ericole had a heart-to-heart and I'm wishing that he had addressed some of her insecurities. Nicole has always sealed the deal with sex and he needs to make it clear to her that she doesn't have to rely on that for him to commit to her. (She hinted at it today with the marriage thing, but I wish Eric would reassure her too.) It's so much push-pull with them. They were swoonworthy at multiple points and then he hedges on the priesthood question.

I'll still take them. They were so hot together at the end. :wub:

happyphairy
Member Avatar

finally watching today's epi - im actually enjoying dannifer....im shocked!

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
He and his dimples are ALL hers!

At first I wasn't too thrilled about Aiden and Kayla possibly hooking up, but now, after watching today's Haiden scenes, I gotta say I'm really intrigued about bringing Kayla into the mix. :cheers: :popcorn: She is Hope's home girl and well, MBE is gonna be in action again so WOOHOO!!! :cheer: :rockon:

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Deverauxfan
Tripp

Whatever Aiden's alcohol-related past is, it's something major & deep. He literally doesn't touch the stuff.
We could put the two theories together, ending up with Aiden being an alcoholic who got into a car accident with his wife in the passenger seat & the accident ended up killing her. (though I'm not sure how he'd be able to be a lawyer, let alone not in prison, in that case.)

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Deverauxfan
Mar 21 2014, 10:36 PM
Tripp
Deverauxfan
Tripp

Yes, Aiden told Hope and Fr. Luis that his wife died.

There's another scene from last week, or so, where we were reminded that she died.

ETA: Actually, I think it's been mentioned more than twice. For some reason I feel like there was a mention during the bake sale scenes as well.
Edited by Supergirlx2, Mar 22 2014, 02:42 AM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

happyphairy
Mar 22 2014, 12:40 AM
I'm astonished.Are you sure you're okay? You might want to take something then lay down with a cool cloth on your forehead. :)

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Restless84
Mar 21 2014, 05:08 PM
Hamilton
Mar 21 2014, 04:33 PM
I was expecting something interesting from the Kate and Stefano dinner date. What a disappointment! Nothing clever or intriguing at all. Stefano labeling Kate a whore? Really? That's all ya got to give them? What was the point of even setting this up. :shame:
Funny, I was about to come here and ask what was the point of the Stefano and Kate dinner date? They barely said anything to one another. It was a complete waste.
I think Nick and/or Percy are working for/with Stefano and Stefano will use the photographs of Kate,Sami,and Gabi to blackmail Kate.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Restless84
Mar 21 2014, 05:08 PM
Hamilton
Mar 21 2014, 04:33 PM
I was expecting something interesting from the Kate and Stefano dinner date. What a disappointment! Nothing clever or intriguing at all. Stefano labeling Kate a whore? Really? That's all ya got to give them? What was the point of even setting this up. :shame:
Funny, I was about to come here and ask what was the point of the Stefano and Kate dinner date? They barely said anything to one another. It was a complete waste.

double,I hope not a triple,post.
Edited by BeeBee, Mar 22 2014, 03:25 AM.

happyphairy
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Mar 22 2014, 03:12 AM
happyphairy
I'm astonished.Are you sure you're okay? You might want to take something then lay down with a cool cloth on your forehead. :)
LOL i will try that - I dont know what's wrong with me, I think seeing Kim Kardashian and Kanye on the cover of Vogue made me so angry everything else seemed so enjoyable in comparison hence the dannifer love, hopefully the cool cloth will rectify that in a quick second :D

Posted Image

BeeBee
Member Avatar

happyphairy
Mar 22 2014, 04:11 AM
BeeBee
Mar 22 2014, 03:12 AM
happyphairy
LOL i will try that - I dont know what's wrong with me, I think seeing Kim Kardashian and Kanye on the cover of Vogue made me so angry everything else seemed so enjoyable in comparison hence the dannifer love, hopefully the cool cloth will rectify that in a quick second :D

Posted Image

As soon as I saw you posted,I had to return to the thread.You absolutely did not disappoint.I am still laughing.

S loves EJ

PatNS
Mar 21 2014, 02:00 PM
The party ended up being not so bad after all thanks to Maxine. I did laugh when Aiden told Dan and Jen not to tell the lady in the kitchen he was leaving because he was kind of scared of her.

But what was that 'we can't be friends' convo so we'll just tolerate each other and be civil between Aiden and Hope. How long will this détente last?

I agree with whoever said Kate should have thrown her champagne in Stefano's face and left the second he called her a 'putano'. Grr.

Sami and EJ - too boring for words. Yawn. The only good part was Nick getting in EJ's face and telling EJ it was time to admit that he was dealing with someone that is smarter than him ... Nick, I'm not so sure I'd brag about that ... it doesn't take much ... LOL!

Liam is a psychopath ... no other word for him!

I wish they were writing EJ to be smarter than Nick he should squash him like a bug.

camera shy
Mar 21 2014, 03:07 PM
Deverauxfan
Mar 21 2014, 02:29 PM
BeeBee
Mar 21 2014, 01:50 PM
Deverauxfan
Mar 21 2014, 12:24 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Abby was told by the doctor who appears to be working for Stefano that her pregnancy test result was negative.You might want to watch the Wednesday episode to decide for yourself whether Abby is actually pregnant.If you do watch the episode,I would be interested in knowing what you think after you see it.
I watched it. I still think she is not pregnant. Stefano just wants to know what is happening with EJ. :)
You know I'm starting to believe that she is pregnant because EJ's so happy and relieved that she's not.

EJ should know by now that things never works out for him and that his supersperm always sticks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mGRY82xFxU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyoOpYn-krQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITQVLyLyexY

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

blueskies
Mar 21 2014, 08:30 PM
ideal_rain
Mar 21 2014, 07:49 PM
Can someone explain 'Fetch'? I'm on the Dannifer hate bandwagon but never got the reference. The only person I like in scenes with Daniel is JJ. Hey could the show acknowledge some of Daniel's stalkerish behavior?
Fetch is a term from the movie "Mean Girls". Essentially it just means Days is trying extremely hard to make Dannifer catch on but it won't because it sucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pubd-spHN-0
You know, we need a "Daytime Royalty lingo" post pinned. Fetch, Winston, Everett...........All the mashed names....

Yoryla
Member Avatar

So, Eric and Nicole are talking about marriage? Um, I'm sorry, did I miss the part where he asks her to marry him, or vice versa? Geez, when did they go that far in it, screams like another plot-point to me.

Loved Kate & Stefano having dinner, and she looked amazing. It didn't really resolve anything, so I hope it wasn't in vain.

This Liam thing is sooooooooooo ridiculous. FF material.

My God, Gabi is as stupid as they come. Is she really THIS stupid or just a glutton for punishment? Geez.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Tripp
Deverauxfan
Tripp

I've even wondered whether he could have been dui himself and was in accident that killed his wife.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply