Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Kate feels cornered
Topic Started: Mar 21 2014, 01:35 AM (2,440 Views)
Ellie

This week's issue of Soap Opera Digest features a short article about Kate.

Nick tells Kate that he knows that Kate brought Sheryl to Salem. Lauren Koslow explains that Nick is going around Salem gathering information on people. He wants Kate and Sami to back off, and he wants to get Gabi back.

Sami tells Kate that she could be asking for trouble by becoming involved with Stefano, so Kate tells Sami to dump EJ...

Pick up the latest Digest for details!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kate S.
Member Avatar

More of the Kate/Sami frenemy dynamic? I'm a happy girl.

nananana7
Member Avatar

The concept of "Kate feeling cornered" is just wrong on so many levels. WTF is wrong with TIIC?

concerned
Member Avatar

Kate tells Sami to dump EJ...

?????????????????????????????????

I officially now have no idea of how any character will act at any given time.
Edited by concerned, Mar 21 2014, 07:52 AM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

As if this s/l couldn't get any lamer. Why would Kate feel cornered. What would happen to her if anyone finds out? Rafe will get angry and their pretend friendship will be over?

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

There are really no consequences here. The only thing from the fallout is that Sheryl is going to leave and Lucas is going to be mad at Kate, even though he's known all along. Other than that there is nothing to see here.

I love Kate, but there's a million other reasons she should be worried about Nick. This doesn't even register...but with Victor and Stefano getting involved I am pretty sure that Nick's days are numbered.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

concerned
Mar 21 2014, 07:51 AM
Kate tells Sami to dump EJ...

?????????????????????????????????

I officially now have no idea of how any character will act at any given time.
But this isn't the first time she's told her to dump him....she gave her the gun as a present BECAUSE she said that Sami shouldn't ever trust EJ.....lol.....that has been pretty consistent in their dynamic since Sami has been around EJ....

mer4santo
Member Avatar

I just can't imagine that Sheryl's secret is going to be that big of a deal. Soap Lord, please don't make them Stefano's kids trying to stay hidden from him.....PLEASE

lysie
Member Avatar

I feel like the current Kate/Sami dynamic is a perfect example of everything wrong with this show.

SummerAngel
Member Avatar
Princess

I wish Stefano and Kate would reunite. I highly doubt Sami's going to dump EJ although I wish she would.

SummerAngel
Member Avatar
Princess

Kate S.
Mar 21 2014, 06:17 AM
More of the Kate/Sami frenemy dynamic? I'm a happy girl.
Great point. I love their frenemy scenes too.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Major LOL @ Sami advicing Kate to stay away from Stefano when she is about to marry into the same family.

Serenity 808

lysie
Mar 21 2014, 12:26 PM
I feel like the current Kate/Sami dynamic is a perfect example of everything wrong with this show.
How so? Their hatred of each other has died down a bit, but since Sami's not chasing after one of Kate's sons, Kate probably thinks she has little reason to worry about her. Their scenes are still among my favorite on the show, as AS and LK still have great chemistry.

There have been some inconsistencies, though. It wasn't long ago that Kate actually told EJ to dump Sami, as she was incapable of love. But really, Sami's a hypocrite for warning Kate about Stefano, so I'm glad Kate (and even Gabi) is calling her out on that.
Edited by Serenity 808, Mar 23 2014, 11:35 AM.

Vicky4Mimi

I guess Kate doesn't want her secret about Sheryl to get back to Rafe? No need in letting him know that she has been plotting behind Jordan's back for a while now.

Everyone in town tells Sami to dump EJ--that's no surprise. But I think Kate might know EJ's secret--she has seemed suspicious of him since he got back from the cabin. I would LOVE to know that Kate knows what EJ did!

To add to the fun, I wish Sami would tell Kate about "Stefano's" ED problem....

Kaha
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Mar 22 2014, 12:21 PM
I guess Kate doesn't want her secret about Sheryl to get back to Rafe? No need in letting him know that she has been plotting behind Jordan's back for a while now.

Everyone in town tells Sami to dump EJ--that's no surprise. But I think Kate might know EJ's secret--she has seemed suspicious of him since he got back from the cabin. I would LOVE to know that Kate knows what EJ did!

I really would like it if Kate is the one in possession of the pictures. She's been suspicious of EJ since he inserted himself into their little cover up so, it's not out of the realm of possibility that she had him followed.

I want Kate out of Rafe's orbit. He's made her dumb. He also made Sami dumb.
Edited by Kaha, Mar 22 2014, 01:51 PM.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Mar 22 2014, 12:21 PM

Kate doesn't want to lose favor with Rafe and she just recently told him Jordan was paranoid for thinking she had a hand in Sheryl's employment. She also told Rafe she respects Jordan's privacy and it only should matter to him what Jordan reveals. Big fat lies all around. She's desperate to keep herself in Rafe's orbit and Nick exposing her manipulations would put a quick end to her fake facade.

I find it needless and a bit dull these women would even go to the trouble to warn each other about the Dimera men at this point. Sami bringing up 'Stefano's' ED problem in passing would be amusing though.

lysie
Member Avatar

Serenity 808
Mar 21 2014, 08:05 PM
lysie
How so? They're hatred of each other has died down a bit, but since Sami's not chasing after one of Kate's sons, Kate probably thinks she has little reason to worry about her. Their scenes are still among my favorite on the show, as AS and LK still have great chemistry.

There have been some inconsistencies, though. It wasn't long ago that Kate actually told EJ to dump Sami, as she was incapable of love. But really, Sami's a hypocrite for warning Kate about Stefano, so I'm glad Kate (and even Gabi) is calling her out on that.
They keep repeating it and acting like it's new. AS is terrible at playing that kind if dynamic. The characters work better when they're at odds with one another. They seem to get dumber when they get along. Their scenes reek of the writers yelling in the background, "LOOK HOW INNOVATIVE WE ARE." They still have competing companies which should mean more than it does.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 22 2014, 12:48 PM
Serenity 808
lysie
How so? They're hatred of each other has died down a bit, but since Sami's not chasing after one of Kate's sons, Kate probably thinks she has little reason to worry about her. Their scenes are still among my favorite on the show, as AS and LK still have great chemistry.

They keep repeating it and acting like it's new. AS is terrible at playing that kind if dynamic. The characters work better when they're at odds with one another. They seem to get dumber when they get along. Their scenes reek of the writers yelling in the background, "LOOK HOW INNOVATIVE WE ARE." They still have competing companies which should mean more than it does.
And didn't EJ steal an entire seasonal line of clothing from Kate's company awhile ago? Shouldn't she still be pissed about that? lol

Kaha
Member Avatar

lysie
Serenity 808
lysie

All the women on the show are either dumb, dumb and desperate (in Kate and Gabi's case) or have no dignity ( I am looking at you Theresa), or they act like teenage girls in love. The only women who act like they're actually mature woman with self respect and dignity are Marlena and Hope. I am not counting Kayla since she's hardly on and Maggie is just so annoying, I actually would cheer if she's humiliated.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Mar 22 2014, 01:21 PM
lysie
Serenity 808
lysie

And didn't EJ steal an entire seasonal line of clothing from Kate's company awhile ago? Shouldn't she still be pissed about that? lol
Yes. That should an undercurrent in Kate's mind, thinking that she is only going along with EJ and Sami for as long as the Nick situation is over - but as soon as she gets a chance, she's going to get EJ back for that.

I will say, what I depicted might still actually happen. The writing has (usually) kept Kate pretty unforgiving and ready for a revenge when it suited her the best.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply